PDA

View Full Version : Starting Insurgent Leader Farming

Meddicc
01-11-2012, 05:10 AM
Started a new Account - Meddicco 157 537 212.

Just hitting the Insurgent leader 1st Map, only him (complete the map if you want more $$)

Spent my 10g on VIP, works very well, have over 100 requests.

Currently Level 8 first 1.5 hours of playing

40 Alliance Members
110 units
175 attack
175 defense
14 jungle stalkers with the Valor from fighting
77 Desert Leaders
1 brought 1 transporter

I have beaten 4 people with gold army. have only come across 1 person stronger than me, with 60 Medics and 60 Engineers. He is a camper or brought cash from store. I will not spend a cent of my money and see how strong I become using this Insurgent Leader 1st map attack plan start.

scp33
01-11-2012, 08:10 AM
did you just start another game from a different device? Really interested to see how this test goes...

frenda
01-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Interesting strategy. Keep us updated.

JMC
01-11-2012, 12:58 PM
You will not end up very strong.

Agent Orange
01-11-2012, 01:10 PM
If you complete that 1st map 5 times don't you get 3 skill pts? Actually I'm curious as to what you are spending them on, all energy I would guess which is something I'd like to try.

Meddicc
01-11-2012, 01:53 PM
I put Attack at 3 and Defence at 3. Also I have 7 Stamina for attacking. Rest on Energy.

The reason I will become strong is I can level up by attacking, giving me Valor. Valor units are extremly strong. I have yet to be attacked. I can max my units to my level by doing this. else you need to spend $1000 on a scout for the same stats. Therefore I would have to spend $77k to get the same ally count. At present I have 95 Desert Leaders. I started this game on my girlfriends Iphone. Stupid I cant run two Modern Wars on my Ipad. Considering people may spend double the amount of money. I can only access her phone morning and night I work during the day so I can cant monitor it like I should be able to

I have also attacked other people for around 30k so far (people dont use the vault enough). However majority of people in my level have a max of 20 attack and 20 defense. I currently have 210 / 210.

In terms of my stratergy - For example. Deadly Rebel = 50gold (32/26). I can hit the Insurgent Leader 32 times I have (32/32). Better then a 50g unit. Yes my units will die and theirs will never, however they cant attack me as they will lose. Going on my 210/210 attack and defense, If someone spent 350g (over $20 Real Life Money)to purchase 7 x Deadly Rebels (224 / 182) they would still not be confortable attacking me. I may win.

Gobroncos95
01-11-2012, 02:34 PM
@Meddicc - You have a good concept but I've tried is and it doesn't work. You may want to consider a couple of issues. First, your philosophy relies heavily on attacking people and getting valor and money during the fights. This can work for a while at low levels because you will run into cash cows that don't have strong armies. However, as you level up you will need much more costly units to compete and especially if you want to win the fights. The problem with this becomes the loss of items during the attacks you WIN! As your level increases you start losing very expensive items when you win. On one of my accounts I am L39 and have 680 wins/35 losses - but I no longer fight...EVER. The reason is because I rarely get any $ but almost every fight won causes me to lose huge amounts of money. For example, in one of my last fights I won handily, made $0 but lost a Bradley, APC and a Sniper - costing me $103,000 of units!!! When you run into gold buyers, they don't lose the gold units but you definitely lose your free (no real money) units. This is a huge flaw in the game (proof that the Funzio guys are greedy idiots).

Another issue is that you also lose the valor units so don't plan on winning enough valor in fights to offset valor you will lose - it isn't possible.

One other issue is that you will need a lot of stamina and this will take away skill points from energy. From the three games I have running with different strategies I've come to one clear conclusion - energy is critical.

Meddicc
01-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Hey Gobroncos95,

Talking about my main account now:

The difference is I always lose Valor units in fights, but the valor I receive far outweighs my losses. At present I earn 600 + Valor per fight mission. I have 200 Jungle Stalkers which seem to go most fights at 25 valor. I can sometimes per fight get around 1200 Valor as I complete 2 missions at once. I search hard for my targets, and I am around 7000/7000 at the moment, I aim for people around the 3500-4000 mark at my level. I win all fights apart from the one I wrote about in the other posting. I am getting a lot stronger each day. Also I farm 1 mil per day read my other post for the spot, so I don’t mind losing $$ units.

How I apply this to my new account is I will have the high death rate units (Desert Leaders) go 1st. I will farm at the very last map for my level at the highest $ value job. I won’t ever be short of money as when my units = max for my level, I will then start farming money and quests. Trust me, use this strategy and see how often when you lose 3 or 4 units (being attacked or attacking) and all of the units lost are Desert Leaders you know why you used this strat. All you high $$ units are still avive as well as your Valor units.

I have had someone message me saying they have used this strat and they notice the Desert leaders always die, they cant belive how long their keeping their high $ units now.

Agent Orange
01-11-2012, 04:49 PM
I used a similar strategy to yours which was to accumulate as much valor as I could in order to stockpile valor units but they are not terribly long lasting.

It is clever to get all those meat shields though.

What you propose works very well in the lower levels, but once you pass through around L55 or so depending on number of allies you will be in for an interesting surprise as it appears that the game suddenly changes the way the fight mechanics work and you will suddenly notice that your Super Hornets are lost a lot more frequently than what you see now. Even an extremely lopsided attack usually winds up costing the aggressor far more than they gain.

Plus the valor strategy starts to hit a wall in the higher levels as the challenges become far more difficult and few and far between. I still try for valor when I can but the cost to benefit ratio really starts to change.

The game seems to want to funnel everyone down to the point where they are either forced to buy units or sit there like dead ducks and get picked off by those that do.

Meddicc
01-11-2012, 04:53 PM
Try having 200 Jungle Stalkers at all times. No less. Then see what you lose. I have 200 Junlge Stalkers on hand, if I lose one fighting, I buy it back straight away.

Agent Orange
01-11-2012, 05:18 PM
The problem with having that many Jungle Stalkers is that you might be diluting your overall attack values depending on what else you have in inventory. Because farming cash in the high levels of the map challenges is easy I had a lot of Scouts because they were adding to my attack and defense but having more higher value units where I'm at seems to be more useful. I loose a lot of medics and I have 212 currently.

Because I'm playing under the UK I have used to stock up on units from the Aircraft Carrier in the Offshore drilling rig. Then it was mini subs from the sub in Emir Island. Now I'm only mining cash from one of the highest level maps plus XP and pouring all the skill pts back into energy. The trick is to have a fluid strategy because the game is changed from time to time by the devs so what might have worked well last week is going to get you totally screwed this week.

Meddicc
01-11-2012, 06:51 PM
OK Update #1
Level10
79 fights won 0 loss
50 Alliance Members, 217 units
329 / 315
Income per Hour = $5450
Money = $33673

As I have max units, I am just completing quests now for money.

I have upgrade / building / Expansion and Vault still constantly running with no downtime.

Currently have 22 Jungle Stalkers, 117 Desert Leaders. I seem to be abount 8x stronger then 99% of players.

JMC
01-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Keep in mind all those players in your range are new players and do not have the game figured out yet. As you progress there will be many people more powerful than you, as having many low strength units isnt so great later on.

At some point you will have to replace your entire army if you even want to compete with the other players. The best thing to do is to just use missions for leveling up, so just complete all your goals. With leveling you will get more attack missions for valor and that is the best way to gain power as a free player.

Meddicc
01-12-2012, 05:59 AM
yeah thats what Im doing. Getting Valor units. My game plan is getting valor units.

Dover
01-12-2012, 06:01 AM
Is the best way to collect valor to add allies and do the pvp missions?

scp33
01-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I haven't been playing long enough to know about the higher levels so I can't comment on the long term strategy as some of you have done or are able to do. I can tell you this from my own experience. I was getting my arse handed to me and was at level 40 on Monday when I started reading these forum posts.

Specifically I started paying attention to the farming posts and this desert leader strategy that meddicc is referencing. Prior to Monday, I was being attached 24/7 by a high level gold player with an apparent inferiority complex. I couldn't get my defense score over 1000 as every night while I was sleeping I would have 10 units or more wiped out by Mr. Big Pants and could only build myself back up to the previous level during the day only to do it all over again! Long story short...I have adapted the farming the desert leader strategy, sprinkled in with a bit of farming of the aircraft carrier and amphibious trooper. And coupled that with making sure I restarted the continuous...expanding, updating, building, adding to the vault, strategy.

I have my defense up to 1791 and keep approximately 250 Desert Leaders on hand at all times. Virtually every time the guy with the little man complex comes calling...I lost 2 desert leaders and that is it. So, all I'm saying is for me the strategy has at least got me back in the game. (And I dumped 100 alliance members to get down to 250 and looking to shed 50 more. Currently at level 42)

Meddicc
01-12-2012, 02:40 PM
Hey SCP33,

This is exactly what I did, I was being attacked and robbed 24/7 and could not find a way to get out of my situation. I soon realised that a 50g unit was the same as farming the 1st map guy 30 times. I also noticed all my high dollar units were still alive and my Desert Leaders were the one unit I was losing when being attacked. I then started attacking weaker players and using the Valor to buy better units. Since then, for the last 15days, I have not been attacked or robbed once. :) Great to see it worked for you as well.

Barak
01-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Thanks for sharing. It seems to be working for my weak account :D

Meddicc
01-15-2012, 05:10 PM
OK new tip. If you are thinking it is not worth attacking people due to your losses. Do this simple trick.

Start from now, look how many valor you have. Now start attacking. Every unit you lose that is is not won from a mission, buy back. If you lost a jungle Stalker spend 25 Valor and get him back.

Buy all money guys back as well. Now make sure all the rivals you are attacking meet all requirements for your attack missions. After a few days check your $$ and your Valor. I just did this and statred with 500 Valor. I now have 3600 Valor and I only spend Valor to replace units. $$ is no issue, I farm around $1.5mil per day.

It is worth attacking, try it.

Gixxxah_Ridah
01-15-2012, 06:02 PM
My level 8 guy, similar strat but I camped for a while and built a strong economy. I just added allies today and I'm just starting to attack for valor. Very hesitant with attacking because I really don't want to lvl up until I get my hourly income where I wan it.

65 missions. All farming in either insurgent, offshore or enemy outpost.
Fights won 32. I've been getting attacked but don't lose.
Fights lost 3
No raids yet
20 allies
199 units a lot of cheap infantry but adding higher units for when I'll need them later
Alliance attack - 201
Alliance def - 263
Income per hour - $44,542

I'm at a 6 for stamina but will get this up to a 10 I think. I see value in attacking an getting valor at the low levels
Adding most of my skill points to energy. Thasvwhat I did with my higher level unit and i have over 1,000 energy which is key for farming.

Meddicc
01-16-2012, 03:02 PM
Still to this day I have yet to be attacked or lose an attack. Still 8x the attacking power of most playeres. Have so much money as I farm quests and leveling my money building. Best Strat ever, try it and you will see.

Add me and see.

Wildfire
01-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Still to this day I have yet to be attacked or lose an attack. Still 8x the attacking power of most playeres. Have so much money as I farm quests and leveling my money building. Best Strat ever, try it and you will see.

Add me and see.

It's probably ok at lower levels, but by level 50 you'd need to be looking at 8000ish attack and defense or more to have a relatively stress free existence. At this level you've a max of 1000 units in battle so you need to aim for and average strength of 8 per unit with all Jungle Stalkers, which is quite possible as that would only be 25000 valor points worth of units, you are looking at 4000 attack and 5000 defense which is nowhere near enough to get left in peace. So I think you need to be prepared to adapt as you level up.

Yummyhen
01-16-2012, 05:10 PM
It's sad.. I got like 48 desert leaders (not enough yet) and every time I battle I at least lose one of them, lol. gonna start camping and doing missions now ;)

Meddicc
01-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Hi Wildfire, I have a level 62 account with 9607/10016. I have not been attacked for 3 weeks after I reached level 50. I want to go through to level 70 never being attacked. I think this is easy as Jungle stalkers are 25 Valor (i only want 100 of these), I am already receing 50 Valor per fight mission. I will be aiming to have 100 in each 25,50,75 and 100 Valor units by level 40

Meddicc
01-17-2012, 03:01 PM
To Yummyhen, You want to lose desert leaders. That way you keep you more expensive units.

JMC
01-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Why get desert leaders when you can just buy light gunners? They are only 600 each and theyd have the same effect. Youd make much more money spending that energy to do goal missions.

As for the valor units, id say to stay away from the weak ones. Obviously at lower levela youre going to want some to have some strength but by level 35 or so you should be looking at using stealth frigates. I think that is around when i started using them.

Best to focus on either the level 6 shipyard, lvl 2 advanced air base or lvl 8 war factory and get the strongest valor units as soon as possible. By level 65 or 70 you will start to have much more units than you can take into battle, and meat shields wont even work. That is why you want as strong units as possible for maximum strength and then you can target much weaker players for zero casualties. Obviously that is not working right now, but hopefully theyll fix the casualty rate soon.

Wildfire
01-17-2012, 04:03 PM
I'm not sure JMC maybe this is the fixed casualty rate. Like you I play without gold and was sailing along using the valor units as the mainstay of my army. Now the units I lose are mostly valor or loot items. If I keep attacking the balance of my army will quickly shift back to bought units. I'm losing twice as many valor units as I can replace, not getting many loot units and having to buy expensive units to maintain my strength.

This may be where Funzio wants us to be long term. A week ago I and I would think many others could see a way to compete with all but the stronger gold players through your sort of valor strategy but now this isn't working it's a fight to maintain attack and defense strength let alone make progress. Time wise, I can't replace units as fast as I can attack so the more I attack the smaller my army gets and the lower the percentage of valor units in it.

Up until now gold money buildings haven't been talked about much in these forums, but now in a heavy loss environment the extra units their income will let you buy could become much more important.