PDA

View Full Version : Modern War versus Crime City

frenda
01-10-2012, 12:04 PM
I know there are a lot of players of both here. I've never played CC, but I was thinking about getting it to have something to do while I'm waiting for upgrades, etc.

I'm not wanting to start a flame war between proponents, I just want to know the plusses and cons of CC, no pun intended. I've read that some think it's better in the game dynamics than MW. Is the storyline and levels and missions or whatever they're called interesting? I guess with that many players, it must be good. So is it worth playing both or is one that much better than the other?

Thanks for any feedback.

frenda
01-10-2012, 12:06 PM
And I did do a search, but no previous topic came up on the subject.

youj
01-10-2012, 12:12 PM
CC is MW without unit casualties. Because of that, you could potentially play the game without building any money buildings, and use all respect(valour) and loot items.

CC is also a much older game than MW. The level you get to see high level players in CC is lvl 100.

youj
01-10-2012, 12:14 PM
You could definitely try it. A lot of players who plays CC also plays MW.

frenda
01-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Thanks, youj. I think I will try CC, I'm getting really frustrated with MW!!!

Tramp Stamp
01-10-2012, 10:48 PM
Don't think there's much of a "versus". Seems that people either prefer Crime City or haven't played it. Modern War is my substitute for a "camping" account. I have something in mind but it'll take forever to implement, so I spend most of my "Funzio time" on Crime City.

osubuckeye
01-11-2012, 06:05 AM
CC is more stable and predictable.

As someone mentioned, money is less important.

Just as MW, you need to take it slow, build up your defense, bank your money, and go after respect/valor

You can't get a lot of one great item... in crime city, each "mafia member" (ally) can bring 4 items, but 1 must be a vehicle, another a gun, another a melee weapon, and another is armor. If you have all armor, your members will only bring one item each (their armor in this case)

Search the CC forums to see where you can get the best items, this is very important because you can't "lose" them.

I've gotten to the point in CC where I can blindly attack everyone on my rivals list without caring about their stats. I never lose a fight anymore. I can also leave $500k (which is a ridiculous amount in CC) just sitting there and nobody comes to try and take it. To be fair I'm not even level 60 so I haven't gotten to the whale phase. But the game got boring so I'm just letting my buildings grow and then I'll start doing missions to level faster than just using the rivals list to grow.

EDIT: I prefer MW. for the first reason posted. CC is more predictable. MW is harder and since I'm running a small gain, it keeps me more entertained. However... it's a pain in the ass sorting through the rivals that are "worth" attacking

frenda
01-11-2012, 07:45 AM
Tramp Stamp, thanks. I was starting to get the feeling that that was the case about CC. Good info.

osu, thanks as well. I'm getting bored with MW and it is a PITA about finding rivals worth attacking. I may start over just so I can enjoy the earlier stages more and get to a point where you are in CC. I started reading some of the CC threads on strategy and there's some great info out there. Info I wish I'd had before I started playing MW.

frenda
01-11-2012, 08:50 AM
Oh yeah, and I didn't mean versus as in a competition, picking one being better than the other. It's just as a comparison, strengths, weaknesses, fun factor, etc. The games are different enough that I'm sure I'll enjoy both for different reasons.

procsyzarc
01-11-2012, 01:03 PM
I actually like the feel of modern war more but the unit loss kills it a lot forcing you to camp and pick on weak players.

In crime city a lot of people will still tell you to camp but it isn't really needed I am currently L 120 and have levelled as quickly as possible but focused on pvp to get respect items and have kept near the top stat wise the whole way with no gold items currently sitting on a 12:1 win/loss ratio in fights and 100+/1 in robberies and have focused on higher level opponents.

Crime city is less frustrating since once you save up for an item it is yours and you don't spend your money for it to just die in the next battle, and pvp is a lot more rewarding since in modern war I am seeing you lose pvp items quicker than you gain them.

Building your economy is a lot slower in the start in crime city and speeding up upgrades costs more gold.

Bank system is different in crime city you can deposit as much as you like at any time but lose 10% of the money so it is rare to win money in pvp, not sure if this is the same in modern war at higher levels.

If it wasn’t for unit losses forcing you to pick on weak or if pvp was more rewarding I would like MW better but as it is it’s hard to do a fair comparison but crime city is probably a bit better since it isn’t as frustrating and there are more high level players.