View Full Version : Goals - Build 100 Buildings

Rarelibra
01-10-2012, 11:37 AM
So I currently have 4 goals on my list:

- Russian Roulette
- Juggernaut
- Machine Gun Malfunction
- Build 100 Buildings

Does anyone know if there is a goal that is past the 100 building mark? If not, I'm going to build the 100 and then sell off what I don't like/want/need (or leave it for the midnight mice).

I am trying to get the goals progressing so I can make it up to the 500 mafia goal to get the Giant (as Funzio said I must do, even though I have had 500 mafia for some time).

Fig Oni
01-10-2012, 11:42 AM
the 500 mafia goal comes way before the goals your on at present

dudeman
01-10-2012, 11:44 AM
So there is a rational explanation why I haven't received rewards for goals that I know I have accomplished? Specifically the giant.

Rarelibra
01-10-2012, 12:00 PM
the 500 mafia goal comes way before the goals your on at present

Fig - I never received the Giant. I emailed Funzio, and received a reply from both Andrew and Jared that I had to clear out some of the goals in my list before I would come across it.

Is there a building goal past 100?

Certes
01-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Yes. Build 125 buildings is currently in my list.

Babytway
01-10-2012, 03:30 PM
then there is build 150 buildings. the easiest thing for the building goals i found is buying gatling guns,

Duke.0
01-10-2012, 04:16 PM
I e-mailed funzio (<24 hours ago) about the Giant thing too, no reply yet. I have well over 500 mafia and never had a goal for mafia - Seems i'm not the only one with the giant problem.

My current build goals say
Built a Shoe Store
Level a Machine Gun to level 9 (seems such a waste of time lol)

I'm not sure if there is more goals past the 100 building one but i thought you should know that your not alone with the missing Giant thing :)

Fig Oni
01-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Maybe just maybe like the goal that started with the update for example the goal for attack/defense of your mafia only started when version 2.0 came so maybe you had 500 mafias before there was a goal to get mafias so in turn you would have missed out on the goal unless you remember doing the other mafia goal then it a glitch and you should ask for 1 giant as I've never heard of anyone saying the giant comes in any other goal also it the same with the driveby rifle you probably ain't got that either

Edit look on your profile you have the driveby

Rarelibra
01-10-2012, 05:53 PM
then there is build 150 buildings. the easiest thing for the building goals i found is buying gatling guns,

I'm slapping my forehead for not having thought of this. What a space saver!

Certes
01-10-2012, 05:58 PM
OK.... It seems to me that all of us that do not have the Giant still have the machine gun malfunction goal....can those of you with the Giant tell us if you completed the machine gun goal?

Matthew91188
01-10-2012, 07:54 PM
I have giant and have not done machine gun. I had mafia goals since beginning and nearly never not had one till I got 500

dudeman
01-10-2012, 09:14 PM
I can't remember when I last had an "obtain x mafia" goal. I never did machine gun malfunction, but I did finally build a shoe store just to get some kind of goal progression going.

Fig Oni
01-11-2012, 02:19 AM
OK.... It seems to me that all of us that do not have the Giant still have the machine gun malfunction goal....can those of you with the Giant tell us if you completed the machine gun goal?

I've got a giant but I haven't even got to the goal of machine gun malfunction yet my present goals are build any building lvl 9, build a muay tai center, buy 9 katanas & last one obtain mafia defense score of 16k have you done these goal yet if so you've missed out on the giant

Anubis
01-11-2012, 04:47 AM
I have the Giant, and HAVE completed the Machine gun malfunction goal.

Also - when do oyu get the build 'x' amount of building goals come up? I just built a gattling turrett and got a goal that wants me to collect from any building 250x. Im just gonna stick an aditional LM in for it.

Fig Oni
01-11-2012, 06:04 AM
I have the Giant, and HAVE completed the Machine gun malfunction goal.

Also - when do oyu get the build 'x' amount of building goals come up? I just built a gattling turrett and got a goal that wants me to collect from any building 250x. Im just gonna stick an aditional LM in for it.

What the reward for machine gun malfunction if you remember

Anubis
01-11-2012, 06:25 AM
sorry I can't remember that one. was a while ago, I don't remember what gave the Giant.

Max Power
01-11-2012, 06:26 AM
What the reward for machine gun malfunction if you remember

An empty wallet and a new frivolous goal.

Fig Oni
01-11-2012, 06:43 AM
An empty wallet and a new frivolous goal.

I understand these goal are really worthless doing last goal I did cost me $770k and the return were so good $20k & 1 henchman that I'm not doing anymore goal anymore If they complete naturally fair enough these stupid goals made me buy things I don't need example lvl 7 warehouse cost more to do then the return, buy a sportsbar wow like i really needed that buy an arcade and again really needed that buy 4 amoured suv (not great cars) then you do a mission you need to again buy weak weapon to complete them but in great quantities waste of cash. Since I've ignored the goal my hood incomes been steadily going up instead of me diverting my attention on money wasting goals

Certes
01-11-2012, 07:19 AM
Damn. So much for that theory.

Brady43Williams
01-11-2012, 07:47 AM
Nothing to do with lv. build a modern loft then 100 bldgs then build a crematorium then 125 bldgs, russian restaurant,,french restaurant,,condo,,credit agency and so on... I cant rem the sequence but there's also land expansion goals in bet.

Thanks,
Cable Sleeves (http://cableorganizer.com/wire-management/)

Anubis
01-11-2012, 07:51 AM
So I have to build a modern loft to get the 'build x buildings' goal?

Anubis
01-11-2012, 07:53 AM
Damn. So much for that theory.

I'd still do it, nice to complete things. I deleted my lvl 9 turret by mistake lol. On the next one that wants a lvl 10 sports bar. I would like to complete all goals eventually. Also, you might need a certain set of goals for the giant - I'd do it just to see.

Edit: I just bulit a brownstone for the goal, then deleted it.

Rarelibra
01-11-2012, 08:30 AM
So I have to build a modern loft to get the 'build x buildings' goal?

No, those goals just showed up for me.

WHAT?! You deleted your brownstone? My browns are going to level 3 this week (free robbing while I sync them up).

Anubis
01-11-2012, 08:34 AM
Idk, just didn't like it. 13K a day seemed like a waste of spacetime. My beach place is cheaper and faster to upgrade. I have got picky over which buildings I buy. GOnna piss me off havingto build a crem only to wait 5days then delete it. Unless I can make a crem look good. Only reason I kept my Meat factory is so its a place to carve up dead rivals and get rid of the evidence.

schlumpf
01-11-2012, 09:17 AM
I got the Giant from 500 members, didn't do the stupid machine gun mission either. One time i'm gonna sell them to get rid of those annoying arrows. But I won't sell my money buildings, saving up to expand instead :)

Crime City Mark
01-11-2012, 09:39 AM
If you've completed the steps for a goal that you know exists and do not have the reward it is almost always because you haven't unlocked that goal yet. You can complete the 500 mafia goal steps at level 2 first thing when you finish the tutorial, but unless you do every other goal that leads up to the one you're trying to complete you won't see a reward.

Rarelibra
01-11-2012, 09:44 AM
If you've completed the steps for a goal that you know exists and do not have the reward it is almost always because you haven't unlocked that goal yet. You can complete the 500 mafia goal steps at level 2 first thing when you finish the tutorial, but unless you do every other goal that leads up to the one you're trying to complete you won't see a reward.

CC Mark - some insight as to when that occurs? I only have four goals showing, and several members here have received the Giant with goals that I completed long ago.

Thanks

Duke.0
01-11-2012, 10:07 AM

In regards to the 500 mafia & Giant discussion:

I don't even see the goal tree where the "Get X number of mafia" is right now on my list.
I have:

Build a Shoe Store
Machine gun Malfunction: Level a machine gun to 9
Do every job in Artist Quarter
Hitman: Attack of 17500
Leave them no harbor (Fish market quest)
Off with his head (buy 7 machetes)

That's it.
So whats the deal with this? If the Mafia 500/Giant" goal can be completed at level 2, how is it then that a lot of forum members who are high level (90+) and have over 500 mafia and do not have a Giant? Whats up with that?

downrange
01-11-2012, 11:36 AM
This is part question, part tip (if confirmed).

Bringing the topic back to 100 Buildings for a sec, but also attempting to tie in another recent thread... can anyone confirm success at reaching the 100 (or other) Buildings goals utilizing Defense Buildings. And if so, specifically from Gatling Turrets making a significant contribution to the total. In real life a sandbagged gun turret might be a stretch to qualify as a 'building' but in the game it should. You build 'em by going to the "Defense Buildings" menu after all, so if turrets didn't apply, casual gamers would be rightly confused.

Certes
01-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Yes, defense buildings count.

Certes
01-11-2012, 11:56 AM

CC Mark,

I haven't seen a Mafia-related goal since "obtain 50 (or 60) mafia". It's possible I've met the next few mafia goals without realizing it. However, I currently have 500 mafia and do not have the Giant, so I know that I haven't seen this goal. My current goals are:
1) Deathbringer - Mafia attack of 23000,
2)Machine Gun Malfunction,
3)Build 125 buildings,
4) New Management (South End Projects),
5) Do Every Job in the South End, and
6) Way of the Samurai (buy 9 Katanas)

Is the "500 Mafia" goal somehow connected with one of these other goal trees? You don't have to provide details if you don't want, but I would like to know whether I've got a glitch, or just haven't yet completed the right goals to trigger the "500 Mafia" goal.

Thanks!

Rarelibra
01-11-2012, 12:05 PM
I think it is obvious that there are all kinds of discrepancies here. Some of us have done some of those missions long ago and do not have the Giant, some have yet to do the missions and they have the Giant.

Sepi
01-11-2012, 12:16 PM
Some missions have quite bad turnouts and rewards unfortunately. Just finished The Way of The Samurai and reward was 7200 $ and 36 EXP if I remember correctly. Same goes to Machine Gun Malfunction, finished it about a month ago and fact is that time spend to upgrade turret should have been used elsewhere. :/

Rarelibra
01-12-2012, 08:54 AM
So I had another email from Funzio, and they once again restated that the goal for the Giant is somewhere waiting to pop up at the right moment. I replied about how there are members who have the Giant and are at goals that some of us accomplished a while back that do not have the Giant. Oh well.

dudeman
01-12-2012, 10:14 AM
Regarding goal rewards not received (giant, etc.), all I know is that my goals list was all screwy at one point and there must have been an actual problem because I was compensated for how it negatively affected my game.

The problem I had was being OVER-rewarded for a goal I had not yet achieved. The real problem was that I was only getting the XP portion of the reward and nothing else, and I would get this every single time I got any loot item. Needless to say, I was experiencing an extremely rapid XP gain which translated into faster level gain.

With the precedent of being over rewarded for incomplete goals, is it possible that there is a similar problem causing players to miss out on the rewards for goals they have completed?

Duke.0
01-12-2012, 12:13 PM
Well it just doesn't make sense to me. If Mark is saying a level 2 person can get 500 mafia and the Giant, how come many higher level players don't have this goal and/or Giant vehicle when they get 500 mafia?

Something is not right here.

Not saying the giant is the end all item to have, nor do i feel i "must" have it, i'm just wondering why this is the case that it seems to be missing from (dare i say) hundreds of accounts that have 500+ mafia.

Duke.0
01-13-2012, 07:55 AM
Just to follow up. I received an e-mail from funzio about the Giant car.

My question was about how many people with 500 mafia do not have a Giant. Why is this?

The response was that i did not complete the mission "mobster army" yet and that's why i don't have one. If i have not received this mission, its because i did not unlock it yet - so keep playing!

---------------
I paraphrased the above questions/answers but you get the point. Apparently i didn't unlock a goal yet. However
a level 2 person can unlock this mission but a level 93 person can't? What Tree is this goal from? I have not had a "Get X # of mafia" goal in for ever. I know i didn't do "all" my goals on a regular basis, but i'm at a loss here as to how i uncover this goal.