PDA

View Full Version : My journey from level 110 to 120

Syn
01-10-2012, 09:36 AM
2012 started off crazy from the start for me. The company I work for laid off a bunch of people and I ended up with a promotion. I was really happy at first, you know? More money, more hours, more responsibility! That happiness lasted about a week. I was working double shifts almost 3 times a week, with regular shifts in between them. So, around 70 hours a week. This isn't an office job either..go in at midnight, get off around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. With the lack of man power, we had 5 guys unloading 21,000 pound trucks, then stocking the shelves, every other day. Sorry, just wanted to explain my lack of participation in the forums.

/rant

Now, to get on topic. This happened because of my circumstances. I just started attacking people, for 10 levels. I had already completed all of the fighting goals so I was doing this purely for the loot and respect. I never spent the respect that I got because I didn't have time to properly sit down and make a plan.

I started saving my money from the few collections I could grab and the rare attacks that did pay out. I also took advantage of my situation and built/upgraded some long time required buildings. Big advantage here is the huge amount of money you can save.

Eventually, I was able to look at someones stats and guess within 3-4 respect how much I would get per 10 stamina burned on someone. There is a random equation in there, but not much of one. I was geting 45-60 respect per 10 stamina. I don't want to publish my exact method, but basically fight people closer to your stats. If you fight someone much weaker than you, you're going to be lucky to get 30 respect per 10 stamina.

I would highly recommend saving your respect for two reasons. One, in the long run you are going to love that huge boost in stats. Two, the drop rate for loot seems to have gone up. I looted so much, that butterfly knifes now offer me no stats. Nail bats only give my 2 attack. Wrestler masks give me 1 attack and boxing trunks 3 attack. Once you get enough pvp loot, you can then really sit down and figure out what items are going to give you the most bang for your respect.

Currently, I have 21K respect and I don't plan on using it until I really need the stats. When I can't defend myself anymore basically.

I would normally re-read this and format/reword. I haven't slept in 48+ hours, so if this makes no sense, please disregard. Thanks for reading!

BigCheese
01-10-2012, 09:54 AM
wow...that is awesome writing for someone who haven't Zzzz in 48hr.

Anubis
01-10-2012, 10:20 AM
I would highly recommend saving your respect for two reasons. One, in the long run you are going to love that huge boost in stats. Two, the drop rate for loot seems to have gone up. I looted so much, that butterfly knifes now offer me no stats. Nail bats only give my 2 attack. Wrestler masks give me 1 attack and boxing trunks 3 attack. Once you get enough pvp loot, you can then really sit down and figure out what items are going to give you the most bang for your respect.

Currently, I have 21K respect and I don't plan on using it until I really need the stats. When I can't defend myself anymore basically.

Take a look at my thread syn, pleanty to be spending that **** on. Goggles and bikes being ultimate until you hit the targets. Or grab a few mele weapon.

Syn
01-10-2012, 10:25 AM
Take a look at my thread syn, pleanty to be spending that **** on. Goggles and bikes being ultimate until you hit the targets. Or grab a few mele weapon.

I would go bikes if I was going to spend. Not ready to just yet :D

I'm hoping for an update with some new respect items...hint hint Funzio...

hunter
01-10-2012, 10:32 AM
you better go to sleep, the forum is always there.

Syn
01-10-2012, 10:35 AM
you better go to sleep, the forum is always there.

I have to wait 6 more hours until I can go to sleep so I don't screw up my schedule. I would if I could though :p

Rarelibra
01-10-2012, 11:09 AM
Good stuff, Syn!

whocareswhatmynameis
01-10-2012, 12:02 PM
...and I ended up with a promotion.

the moral of the story: play CC passionately to get a promotion! ;)

hunter
01-10-2012, 12:07 PM
lol

it should be the 1st item in How to get fired list.

Tramp Stamp
01-10-2012, 09:35 PM
I have a feeling dedicated Crime City players tend to be ace at their jobs even at less than full attention. Just a hunch.

G Wiz
01-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Syn! Good to see ya buddy. I hope you havent developed a liking to the # of respect saved up! When I ended up spending it all, it felt like a void was created lol.