PDA

View Full Version : Defense Buildings

Faye
01-09-2012, 02:07 PM
I understand that there are two kinds of defense per player, attack defense and robbery defense... but I'm a little unclear on how to get the exact calculation of building defense needed against any given player's attack.

Somewhere I read that it was half your profile defense number? Can someone clarify this?

Also, someone told me that the position of you defense buildings matters (i.e. the closer a money building is to a high level defense building, the safer it is). I did not think it matters... does anyone else have the same understanding?

Thanks!
-Faye

dudeman
01-09-2012, 02:10 PM
The only thing I am sure of with regards to defense buildings is that their location doesn't affect anything.

Anubis
01-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Somewhere I read that it was half your profile defense number? Can someone clarify this?

I can tell you this is completely false. Im a little under the influence rightnow (and trying to post normally UTI).

Also, someone told me that the position of you defense buildings matters (i.e. the closer a money building is to a high level defense building, the safer it is). I did not think it matters... does anyone else have the same understanding?

This is also false on the Crime City IOS version.

Im sorry I can't offer you better advice right now - someone will link the thread very soon that proves defence buildings are pretty useless. ~Forum members Peacock and Jihy proved defence from buildings does very very little to your attack and rob att defence.

Faye
01-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Yeah, that's what I thought too... just making sure.

Anyone able to clarify how to calculate your own robbery defense score, so as to avoid constant robberies by the same person?!?! lol

Faye
01-09-2012, 02:17 PM
Oh really?? That is good to know before I go waste hundreds of thousands on upgrades... so I should focus on buying more equipment with heavy defense points.

Is it somewhat true that your robbery defense score is half your profile defense score? Does anyone know how to calculate that?

Anubis
01-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Is it somewhat true that your robbery defense score is half your profile defense score? Does anyone know how to calculate that?

All thats wrong. Ill link the thread below you need to get your head around Faye. The conclusions make things clear. The main one being (unfortunately unless funzio change something) defence buildings are practically useless with the exception of maybe offputting rivals from hood if your profile defence scoor is good.

jlhy link, theres another thread by Peacock around page 3-5 should check that too (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?14907-Building-Defense-vs.-Attack-Defense-by-jlhy)

JimmyShines
01-09-2012, 02:27 PM
All here

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15058-Effect-of-Def-buildings-and-skill-points-against-rob-atk-by-Guru-Peacock-again..lol

oops, sorry Anubis

Fig Oni
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
The only thing I am sure of with regards to defense buildings is that their location doesn't affect anything.

I was a total disbeliever in defense so much so but explaining should be an other thread now this what I've noticed if you place your defense building near to your money building it harder to attack but for some buildings it doesn't matter example place turrets around a warehouse even if they are lvl 10 turrets but if you place just one lvl 10 turret by a flower shop you will notice. I once went to a hood a collected his brownstone no problem then I robbed a few others then I got to his russian restaurant I lost the fight tried again lost the fight then realized the reason was because next to it was his surveillance center.
Also the benefits are they train your mafia to more deadly with the weapon items you own so you win more fight when DEFENDING your hood
This is the one benefit of defense building you won't believe but more the defense you have the less you will appear on the rival list.

Can someone like CC Mark confirm this or refute these claims

Anubis
01-09-2012, 02:44 PM
I was a total disbeliever in defense so much so but explaining should be an other thread now this what I've noticed if you place your defense building near to your money building it harder to attack but for some buildings it dosn't matter example place turrets around a warehouse even if they turrets lvl 10 but if you place just one lvl 10 turret by a flower shop you will notice.

I once went to a hood a collected his brownstone no problem then I robbed a few others then I got to his russian restaurant I lost the fight tried again lost the fight then realised the reason was because next to it was his surveillance center.

This is the one benefit of defense building you won't believe but the defense you have the lest you will appear on the rival list.

I paragraphed your post so ppl can read it. I also believe you could be onto something here but it would really take some testing. I have had experiances where I robbed a hoods buildings easily then found a single building to be a problem.

This obviously needs discussion so perhaps this is the thread to share robbing experiances. Lets face it, if the building defence does have an AOE effect then it would completely change the way we play the game.

EDIT: And ruin hood aesthetics.

Fig Oni
01-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Thanks Anubis

JimmyShines
01-09-2012, 02:47 PM
...change the way we play the game.

Change is good :o, the more facebook features they add to the iOS version, the better off we all are...

Faye
01-09-2012, 03:12 PM
That was part of the reason why I thought there may be some truth to the position of the defense building.. I have come across multiple instances where I robbed an entire hood, low and high level buildings of all kinds, but failed to rob just one random building. I couldn't figure it out.

I have a second account for my Ipad, i'm a low level 10 on that account since I never play it... don't know if there is a way to test out some theories, let me know.

Oh, and p.s....I read that ENTIRE 10 page thread on defense buildings and nearly glazed over. I wish we could get a more definitive response from Funzio or Mark... I would like to have the ability to calculate my own freaking robbery defense, and I'm still not sure how to do that... I feel quite vulnerable, and only take comfort in the latest rumor that I should not upgrade defense buildings past level 3 at most....

JimmyShines
01-09-2012, 04:36 PM
I wish we could get a more definitive response from Funzio or Mark...

Funzio, will not, cannot, ever post the true calc for def buildings and fights.... The measurement & calculations will always change to provide play balancing.

Sdot
01-09-2012, 04:46 PM
yowza!!!!!!!!!