PDA

View Full Version : Question for people who farm M4 A1's

Fig Oni
01-09-2012, 01:58 PM
People whom farm M4's,

1. How many do you intend to collect before you will move on to another weapon loot location or continue your map quests.
2. Do you also buy gold and use them on weapons including gold purchase guns

Thanks

downrange
01-09-2012, 02:02 PM
1. 400, before I evaluate my Gun inventory to assess potential need for more. But I may divert to farm some stone hammers before I get to 400 M4A1. I have ~350 and ~250 mafia members currently on my two accounts, and it probably makes more sense to shore up the Melee category before I "max out" guns for mafia that I haven't even added yet (but I know I eventually will).
2. No. Not yet anyway.

Anubis
01-09-2012, 02:09 PM
1. 400, before I evaluate my Gun inventory to assess potential need for more. But I may divert to farm some stone hammers before I get to 400 M4A1. I have ~350 and ~250 mafia members currently on my two accounts, and it probably makes more sense to shore up the Melee category before I "max out" guns for mafia that I haven't even added yet (but I know I eventually will).
2. No. Not yet anyway.

I dont remember the att/def of the stone hammer, but remember steel garottes are 10 att and Tasers are 11def. Imo, other than the obvious gains chain whip gives, melee is $$ based (so good economy needed for your melee dmg). Unles the stone hammer comes close to those.

Fig Oni
01-09-2012, 02:14 PM
But I may divert to farm some stone hammers before I get to 400 M4A1.

I can't confirm but once I was on some high level mafia and he had 3 ricci family rings even though i read it was a lvl 3 mastering reward at empire anyone know if its farmable, if so it the best melee I've noticed on loot

JimmyShines
01-09-2012, 02:30 PM
I can't confirm but once I was on some high level mafia and he had 3 ricci family rings even though i read it was a lvl 3 mastering reward at empire anyone know if its farmable, if so it the best melee I've noticed on loot

The Ricci rings seem to be very difficult and energy consuming to farm, this has been posted by a few forum members.

Fig Oni
01-09-2012, 02:43 PM
thanks all

downrange
01-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Remember steel garottes are 10 att and Tasers are 11def. Imo, other than the obvious gains chain whip gives, melee is $$ based (so good economy needed for your melee dmg). Unles the stone hammer comes close to those.

Stone hammer is 10 atk, 9 def so it's in the ballpark.

My economy is doing great for my level though - most of my rivals are nowhere near it. Over $53k/hour with a big boost tomorrow since I'm just about ready for my second Level 4 Loft upgrade. I figure that by discounting for Level 10 LMs, but including robbery income that I can be at roughly one steel garrote per hour if I dedicate my full economic resources to the endeavor. That's less impressive than I'd hoped to be at by the time I mass buy garrotes though. It'd take over two weeks to get ~350. Two weeks of no economic growth. ouch!

I don't need the stat boost yet, so I can keep deferring. But while I'm doing nothing in that category, I keep thinking about all the options on the table. Last night I bought a couple of Chain Whips, and keep re-crunching the numbers on that - I am warming to the idea of buying a lot of them, but not convinced enough to do it quite yet. Farming stone hammers seems like an OK option too, since I know that one day I'll be 'done' with M4A1 (at 226 now), that I likely won't ever need/want to farm Armor (I've written extensively about this recently), farming vehicles is brutal based on the drop rates, and so farming in melee seems like an almost inevitable next path for me anyway. If only the S&M Choker 17/7 or Spiked Hammer 13/8 were actually dropping, that'd seal the deal! The choker's intended drop rate is harsh (actual rate is zero, currently, apparently), but 17 atk in the category is too dominating (ha, i made a pun) to ignore.

Argh! I'm overdoing it again!

What I meant to eventually get back to was:
Thank you for the pointer Anubis! I am surprisingly bad at reminding myself that while $53k per item feels expensive now, that later on it won't seem like much at all, and farming something that can be equivelently bought at all is ultimately resource wasteful. I appreciate your reminder/hint, and that's got me thinking again that for my situation I should just be patient and then spend the money on garrote once I really need it vs farming Stone Hammer now to shore up the category before it's really even necessary. Who knows, maybe while I wait one of those other melee items will finally unlock!

procsyzarc
01-09-2012, 04:49 PM
1/ Was planning on going for 400 but since there is nothing else worthwhile for using energy on and even though after 400 the attack gain will be minimal the def gain is still very good may actually go for 490 or so.

2/No gold weapons just seem like as waste of money unless you are not levelling and playing incredibly defensive at low levels and building up your economy/money without risk of being attacked (but you don’t need gold weapons for that either)

Max Power
01-09-2012, 06:47 PM
Gonna get 450. The rest will be RPGs.

No gold weapons.

JimmyShines
01-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Gonna get 450. The rest will be RPGs.

No gold weapons.

If you don't have 50 guns that have better "defense" stats than the M4, then you are best to get all 500 M4's, RPG's have crap def stats, during def, your M4's will be used.

Tramp Stamp
01-09-2012, 07:05 PM
Don't forget about the Military Assault Rifle, if you have one. Not that one more A4 makes a difference.

Max Power
01-09-2012, 07:15 PM
If you don't have 50 guns that have better "defense" stats than the M4, then you are best to get all 500 M4's, RPG's have crap def stats, during def, your M4's will be used.

That's a fair point.....

whocareswhatmynameis
01-09-2012, 07:28 PM
five hundred

hunter
01-09-2012, 07:40 PM
I dont remember the att/def of the stone hammer, but remember steel garottes are 10 att and Tasers are 11def. Imo, other than the obvious gains chain whip gives, melee is $$ based (so good economy needed for your melee dmg). Unles the stone hammer comes close to those.

I thought about that but how to achieve still depend on which one you are better, looting skill or generating cash.

500 Stone Hammers (10/9) v.s 500 Steel Garrote (10/5) & Taser (7/11)

Combine these you have Steel Garrote/Taser (10/11) cost 53k + 190k = 243k/each.
500 Steel Garrote/Taser will cost 121.5 M

Stone Hammer have drop rate about 5:1 - 1250 Energy/each, each day can loot 3 Stone Hammers
500 Stone Hammers will cost 5.5 months looting.

erik
01-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Probably 450 before I evaluate the value of switching farm locations.

No gold weapons.