PDA

View Full Version : Map Mission Question about Attacks

frenda
01-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Has anyone seen a difference when doing missions where you achieve success more quickly if you attack repeatedly or is it the same as attacking once, then coming back to attack again? To be specific, I'm trying to do the mission on Emir Island and I'm supposed to eliminate one of the characters. I'm on my 4th or 5th try and no luck yet. If you don't have enough energy and you have to come back, does the target have time to "regenerate" his health? I could swear that's the case, since this guy won't go down.

Appreciate any feedback.

Bond
01-10-2012, 08:32 AM
I am upgrading a unit building to get a more advanced unit to progress in the goals, while I'm waiting I have gone to the map pages and undertaken some of the missions stopping short of the final kill as I don't need the money yet and I hate wasting the energy.

When the upgrade is completed I'll cash in by completing the missions and use the cash to buy the unlocked units. I have done this for a few maps. There has been no regeneration after a day or so.

Agent Orange
01-10-2012, 09:54 AM
No, unit should still be at the same spot you left it at.

frenda
01-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Interesting strategy. I was a bit vague in my original question. I was asking if anyone has noticed that it takes more attempts to take out a target when you take time between attempts, like when you have little energy left. It seems that when I have a lot of energy and I'm able to attack a target several times in a row, it might take 3 attempts, but if I do one attack, then wait an hour or so for energy to rebuild, then attack again, etc, that it takes 5 or 6 attempts. I haven't done this in a controlled way, so I'm just going on gut instinct. I was wondering if anyone had any observations or has tried it both ways.

Wildfire
01-10-2012, 10:31 AM
No it's always worked for me exactly as stated. So if a target is say 4x130 I can do all 4 at once or leave some for later it makes no difference in the end.

frenda
01-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Oh cool. How do you know that it's 4x130? I missed that.

Dover
01-10-2012, 10:37 AM
I think he was using 4x130 as an example. I get the same thing, if a boat is 5x120 and I attack 3x before running out of energy I can come back in an hour or more and there are still 2 attacks needed before completing that mission.

frenda
01-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Oh okay, thanks. I thought I'd missed someplace that tells you exactly how many it takes. BTW, what happened to your comments on the other thread? They're gone.

Wildfire
01-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Ah try this as an example, go to the attack site map, click once on Colonel Mustafa the pop up window will say "TAP AGAIN to engage 0/4" hit him once and it will say 1/4 etc. You hit him 4 times to get the kill.

frenda
01-10-2012, 10:45 AM
In what version? I don't see that on my iPhone 4 anywhere.

Wildfire
01-10-2012, 10:48 AM
In what version? I don't see that on my iPhone 4 anywhere.
I'm playing on an iPad, so I can't say what you see on the phone version. That number only appears though if it is a target that needs more than 1 hit.

frenda
01-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Yeah, I just checked again to make sure and didn't see anything like that on the iPhone version. I was thinking of transferring the game to my new iPad to make playing a bit more enjoyable. Tired of having to zoom in and out constantly. Thanks for the info though.

Does anyone know how many hits it takes to kill Commander Idris on the Border Guard map? Just wondering, I've hit him 4 times and still no kill.