PDA

View Full Version : What the objective past level 40?

Nicz
01-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Hi buddies!

What the objective after level 40 and more?
I explain, i'm actually 43, with nearly 8000/10000 stats.
At my level, there are 80% gold spenders, and the others which have approximatively 4000/5000 def...
So i could be sure to crush them, but i'm ****ed up by loosing each time good units...
I got 150 GIGN and 50% i attack i loose one or two...same for amphibious units, and others big costs (gold,valor) units.

Maybe it's because i can handle 840 units, and i got 1400, but 300 are medics and dont appear when i attack.

So, what the objective to fight if we ****ng loose each time big units?
You can guess that when i loose 1 GIGN, and loose his stats, i'm pissed of...
And btw, when those people got 50% less def than your attack, i rly dont know what to think...

Did i miss something? Or funzio fking wants to make us buy gold units?

I spent 0€, got 150 k income, had good stats, but if this game is only for turtleling waiting for crush same level people...its ****ed up.

Some feelings?!

Agent Orange
01-09-2012, 11:51 AM
There is nothing, you are done.

frenda
01-09-2012, 11:56 AM
Ding ding ding!!! Funzio wants us to buy gold. Us "freeloaders" make them no money. I think it's a flawed business model though, since I'd think they'd want to make the game fun for everyone, not just big spenders.

Sooner or later, most will recognize that there will always be someone who spends more money or time or whatever on this game, so you're never going to have a perfect record, unless you go totally into turtle mode. And what fun is in that, other than seeing how much money you can accrue. It sort of missed the point of a "wargame". Maybe Funzio needs to have Switzerland as a country option? ;)

I think the game could continue to evolve with new maps, units, buildings, etc. And some will opt to pay to speed things up. Others will choose to play it at the regular pace. Either way, I think it would make sense for Funzio to make the game fun for everyone so the game gets high ratings and that will only improve their position when they put out a new game.

How's that for feelings? Sorry, but I have some free time today waiting for a proposal to come in at work...

Nicz
01-09-2012, 12:06 PM
I turtled level 20, but i was tired to wait :(
And turtle for what? I have 5 more units buildings to buy...and what next? Upping everything at level 10? The only way to be competitive and buy 5 millions units?

Where is fun?!

frenda
01-09-2012, 12:12 PM
I keep hoping Funzio will add new buildings and maps. I don't know what the technical limits are to the game, but I can see it continuing to evolve, as long as they're making money on it. And the only way I can see them continuing to make money is by making the game fun for everyone so the game gets great reviews. That will bring in new players, a percentage of which will spend money on the game. But if the game's ratings start to drop when we all get bored with it, even the gold players, then they might as well pull the plug on the game.

Nicz
01-09-2012, 12:35 PM
I hope too...But for the moment, reaching 50 and buy everything then upgrade it is the only way to play, and turtle btw...
For sure with nearly 10k def no one can beat me, youhou, gold spenders nor none gold spenders...
I got more fun in CC !

JMC
01-09-2012, 09:29 PM
For sure with nearly 10k def no one can beat me, youhou, gold spenders nor none gold spenders...

Pretty good for level 43. Get to level 50 and there will be plenty of people that can destroy you :)

Nicz
01-09-2012, 10:36 PM
Pretty good for level 43. Get to level 50 and there will be plenty of people that can destroy you :)

What can u advice me then?
It's another problem i read, above a certain level you can be in higher level radar...
Maybe it is because ppl have 2000 allies (useless btw)?

zynshmily
01-09-2012, 10:47 PM
Oh,boy. you got it all wrong. coincidentally, i made the same mistake before myself.

First, its not about your level passing over 40;nor is it about your excessive units...

Its just ever since last friday, the casualty went insane... If you really pay attention, you should be aware of a surprising every weekend.(such as the tremendous change of mortality rate, criterion making up the rival list and so on)

For the past entire week, I lost no more than 20 units in total and i had at least 3000 fights.
However, on this saturday alone, i lost more units than all the units lost for the entire week combined.
I did confirm this situation with a few "experienced" players and post a thread about it.

If it makes you feel better, i have been losing super hornets(350 valor/ea), osprey vtol(640k/ea) over the battles against feeble players, which hardly happened last week.

take it from me, wait a week, devs will set things right at some point. then you can begin your slaughter with a reasonable casualty rate.

I dont kno how long you've been playing. I have been used to this. Just need to catch up with the whimsical update on the battle mechanics, and sit back with your maxed out stamina points. think it through, why spend stamina points when it costs more than you gain? just to level up quickly?

I have the attack score of nearly 30k. When i attack anyone with a 2000- defense and suffer zero loss, that's what i presume "normal battle mechanics".

FYI, Im now officially stopping attacking others since the number of my mountain citadel tanks dropped down to 31 from 45. (and i lost the units to those only 1/30 of my strength)

Nicz
01-10-2012, 05:23 AM
As i said, i'll reach 50 then turtleling until things change...
At least they were noobs until 40 and 45 with 1000/1000 (btw wtf are they doing at this level with ****ty stats like that?) which became my sluts :)

zynshmily
01-10-2012, 06:33 AM
As i said, i'll reach 50 then turtleling until things change...
At least they were noobs until 40 and 45 with 1000/1000 (btw wtf are they doing at this level with ****ty stats like that?) which became my sluts :)

the smart thing would be turtleling at 49, so you wont be viewed to the top-tier players.

Some people have twisted needs for mistreatment, if you think they are your sluts, just screw them alrdy.

Nicz
01-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Ok man, i'll do that :)

frenda
01-10-2012, 10:49 AM
zyn, too funny. yeah, i'm finding myself getting attacked repeatedly now. sad part is that they're winning but getting nothing for it and probably losing several units every time. they seem to be on that treadmill of attacking to level to get more valor to buy valor units to having to attack more and buy other units to defend because bigger fish will predate them... sooner or later we'll realize there's always going to be a bigger fish in the pond and we're wasting our time. wish i could start over...

Mudphud
01-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Frenda, what are your level and defense scores? I'm trying to decide how much defense to purchase as I level up. I am currently at level 44 and defense of 7k. Thanks.

EnjoyLife
01-10-2012, 11:33 AM
zyn, too funny. yeah, i'm finding myself getting attacked repeatedly now. sad part is that they're winning but getting nothing for it and probably losing several units every time. they seem to be on that treadmill of attacking to level to get more valor to buy valor units to having to attack more and buy other units to defend because bigger fish will predate them... sooner or later we'll realize there's always going to be a bigger fish in the pond and we're wasting our time. wish i could start over...

You can start over. There are threads where I have reset other accounts. Reply in that thread with the info that is requested

frenda
01-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Mud, I'm a Lvl 50 and Atk 43K and Def 52K, approx. I've scaled back since I've realized that no matter how much you add, you can't compete with the Gold players. So I'm just taking a more measured approach and trying to enjoy each level as much as possible.

Enjoy, I'll have to have a look. Thanks.

youj
01-10-2012, 12:01 PM
Mud, I'm a Lvl 50 and Atk 43K and Def 52K, approx. I've scaled back since I've realized that no matter how much you add, you can't compete with the Gold players. So I'm just taking a more measured approach and trying to enjoy each level as much as possible.

Atk 43k and Def 52k as in 43,000 attack, 52,000 defence?! That's very high, you must be a gold player yourself if you got that high of attack and defence. I doubt there's many that can compete with you.

frenda
01-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Atk 43k and Def 52k as in 43,000 attack, 52,000 defence?! That's very high, you must be a gold player yourself if you got that high of attack and defence. I doubt there's many that can compete with you.

Duh, sorry, no!!!!!! 4300 and 5200... Wasn't thinking. Bought $10 worth of gold once, realized it wasn't worth it. Sorry about the confusion.

zynshmily
01-10-2012, 12:19 PM

I can't speak for others, but i myself is prone to avoid attacking people with a def score of 3000+
BTW, my attack score is 30k.
your partly right. when you use your vault right, attackers wont get anything more than experience and valor or mission-related challenges, and it comes with the risk of losing units.

if you always get attacked repeatedly, you might wanna stop for a second and think about why it is.
Are you too weak for the people at your level? are you having a history with someone? did you ever provoke the one who attacked you or even fight back?

Anyway, if you can maintain a reasonable defense capability(meaning attackers will surely lose more than they gain) and don't be a sour loser using trash talk. im pretty sure you will be left alone...

And i don't like your pessimistic attitude. There are bigger fishes in the pond. But keep in mind, even sharks can't eat dolphins. You don't have to be as powerful as shark, being a dolphin is sufficient to avoid being prey.

I'm an expert in this subject... 99.9% of players appeared on my rival list are weaker than me, but i only aim at those 3% feeble players. Because i don't wanna suffer a huge loss. not proud of it, nor do i feel sorry for those 3% losers. They bring it out on themselves. If they don't build a defensive army and keep being a pinata, why the heck should i care about their well-being.

to those stronger than me, after their several attempts of attacking me with zero gain of cash and sizable casualty, they all back off... Then i politely leave my id on their walls, call it coincidence, they all added me.

You see, i can't spend $10,000 dollars to surpass those whales, but i can be relatively powerful so that it benefits no one when they attack me. Now, im positive to say all the players with better stat than me are all my allies with the exception of JVJK (he's a soloist, nothing i can do about it.)

But JVJK attacked me once, specifically, 3 times in a row. I have no idea how much he lost. But he hasn't harassed me ever since.

sorry, i digress. in short, without any spending of gold, as long as you are using the right strategy, you shouldn't be getting beaten up consistently.

BTW, if your stat is over 15k, i'd be happy to add you as ally. even though i can still overpower you,i dont even like picking a fight with someone half of my size. You get the point?

frenda
01-10-2012, 12:28 PM
i'm not being pessimistic, i'm just stating what i've observed. and no, not getting attacked by one or two, they change all the time. one attack, no gain, then they back off. the reason i want to start over is because i didn't know enough about the game at the beginning to really enjoy each level and mission as much as i think i could now.

zynshmily
01-10-2012, 12:35 PM

well, you should start over. Its a huge mistake for people with stat like yours turning lv50....

You must have played it recklessly. Actually, you should refer to JMC or niteshooter. Both non-gold players. did pretty good jobs.

I used to have a thing with Agent Orange(niteshooter) and i removed him as my ally. It took me awhile to track him down and 20 stamina points to send him a message.

I attacked him 10 times and raided him 10 times when my attack was 25k and his def was 16k. I won all the battles of course, but my loss was considerable too. Then getting no profanity or provocation from him, i found it not worthy of keeping hitting him. We had a unwritten off-the-record truce. If he hadn't done such a good job, I would've swung by his base on a regular basis with repeated kick on his butt....

trust me, if you were a lv50 with 15k def, you'd have a different understanding. And it is plausible and achievable for a non-gold players...

zynshmily
01-10-2012, 12:39 PM
i'm not being pessimistic, i'm just stating what i've observed. and no, not getting attacked by one or two, they change all the time. one attack, no gain, then they back off. the reason i want to start over is because i didn't know enough about the game at the beginning to really enjoy each level and mission as much as i think i could now.

I'm glad you have the guts to admit your lack of recognition at the beginning stage. Many just played it wrongly and too stupid to realize it.
respect~

frenda
01-10-2012, 12:45 PM
With no real instructions or manual until I found the forum, I'd be a fool to assume I knew it all, LOL. I was breezing through levels and missions without knowing the real point of it. So yeah, knowing a little more about the game would definitely make it more fun to play the game, especially early on when things are moving pretty fast and it's easy to miss something.

JMC
01-10-2012, 01:33 PM
I dont know why your casualty rate is so high. Before the update i wouldnt touch anyone unless they were below 1500 def so that i would lose no units. Now anyone under 5000 is pretty much gauranteed to kill no units and anything between 5000 and 10000 doesnt kill more than 1 or 2. I have no idea how it works because some people will kill units with 5500 defence. Then on the other hand, some people with 9700 defence do nothing to me when i attack them.

frenda
01-10-2012, 01:38 PM
That's what bothers me too. It makes no sense. Started another thread because I attacked someone with 243 Defense against my 4234 Attack and I lost 2 units, same as attacking someone with 3000+ defense. And one of the units was an APC which costs like 58,000. That's BS.

JMC
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Did you attack or raid? The lowest stats ive lost units to on an attack was 4500 defence. But during a raid against someone with 2500 defence i actually lost 3 units. I attacked that very same person before raiding him and lost no units during the attacks. Casualty rates seem to be different.

frenda
01-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Attack! I attacked twice, to make sure, and lost 2 units both times.

Wildfire
01-10-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm glad you have the guts to admit your lack of recognition at the beginning stage. Many just played it wrongly and too stupid to realize it.
respect~

I think anyone myself included who'd never played Crime City and didn't discover the information in these forums at the start probably started out the wrong way. I mean we all probably chose countries without much of an idea why, I suspect many people in the USA choose USA and many in the UK choose UK just because they can. I know I'd just played away for a while till I was somewhere over 30 in no time at all and getting losses more than gains on raids when I found these forums. By the time I'd sorted my economy and defence out I was up to mid 40s but not getting picked on too much, since then even a bit of loot farming has kept ranking me up, but nearly all the losses I get now are against people with 2000+ of a gold attack advantage over my defence.

I've slowed down a lot, but I'm bang on the top of level 49 now even the bonus for adding a few allies will push me into level 50. So I could sit tight for weeks leveling up buildings and defence or I can push on cautiously and see where it goes. So far I've enjoyed it but I have found it slow and I've played a lot faster than most non gold players are advocating now. It's a shame each device can't have 2 accounts that you log into to play as then I'd start another one with a really slow strategy and see if I could be bothered progressing so slowly, it feels like it might just be like playing The Sims (which I hate!) in slow motion rather than a war game!

Don't take this the wrong way but I'm glad to hear you can get heavy losses when you attack us better defended weaker players and only pick on the really weak ones, at least it means there is something we can do to help protect ourselves to some degree. It's really a flaw in the game that you can see people so much lower a level and weaker, making your losses high for attacking ones with a half decent defence is at best a poor bodge of a fix. It's sort of saying look we've given you more rivals but it's not really worth attacking them because you can loose more than you gain which isn't really much of a game experience for you either I suspect.

Obviously the solution is a more even spread of players over the levels, particularily the higher ones, but what Funzio's current balance has done is stop the lower level players wanting to rank up for months. This won't help in the end as the higher level ones will just be getting stronger and stronger while waiting for more rivals to appear it they haven't got bored and stopped playing.

frenda
01-10-2012, 02:30 PM
Wildfire, very good points. My experience is very comparable to yours. I found myself level 28 or so before I even discovered the Forum.

It seems that the current trend is actually working against Funzio, since it seems way more advisable to go slow and "turtle". Or you can spend a ton of money, but sooner or later most will wise up and see this as total folly.

I'd like to see some changes that make the game more fun, quicker, and also more realistic. Having a quarter century of military experience, it's frustrating to watch some of the outcomes. And I don't believe in picking on the overly weak, attacking that one player was just a proof of principle. I normally attack higher level players who just haven't levelled properly, it seems more satisfying that way.

And those losses came at the hands of a terribly defended player who was almost the same level as me, that's why it makes no sense.

Wildfire
01-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Did you attack or raid? The lowest stats ive lost units to on an attack was 4500 defence. But during a raid against someone with 2500 defence i actually lost 3 units. I attacked that very same person before raiding him and lost no units during the attacks. Casualty rates seem to be different.

I've found that too, raiding tends to be successful but at the cost of a lot more units. I wonder do defensive buildings play a part when raided but not when attacked. I'm thinking along the lines of total defensive buildings score protecting a raided building will be factored heavily into the damage the raider takes, otherwise they have no real purpose.

Mudphud
01-10-2012, 04:08 PM
I can't speak for others, but i myself is prone to avoid attacking people with a def score of 3000+
BTW, my attack score is 30k.
your partly right. when you use your vault right, attackers wont get anything more than experience and valor or mission-related challenges, and it comes with the risk of losing units.

if you always get attacked repeatedly, you might wanna stop for a second and think about why it is.
Are you too weak for the people at your level? are you having a history with someone? did you ever provoke the one who attacked you or even fight back?

Anyway, if you can maintain a reasonable defense capability(meaning attackers will surely lose more than they gain) and don't be a sour loser using trash talk. im pretty sure you will be left alone...

And i don't like your pessimistic attitude. There are bigger fishes in the pond. But keep in mind, even sharks can't eat dolphins. You don't have to be as powerful as shark, being a dolphin is sufficient to avoid being prey.

I'm an expert in this subject... 99.9% of players appeared on my rival list are weaker than me, but i only aim at those 3% feeble players. Because i don't wanna suffer a huge loss. not proud of it, nor do i feel sorry for those 3% losers. They bring it out on themselves. If they don't build a defensive army and keep being a pinata, why the heck should i care about their well-being.

to those stronger than me, after their several attempts of attacking me with zero gain of cash and sizable casualty, they all back off... Then i politely leave my id on their walls, call it coincidence, they all added me.

You see, i can't spend $10,000 dollars to surpass those whales, but i can be relatively powerful so that it benefits no one when they attack me. Now, im positive to say all the players with better stat than me are all my allies with the exception of JVJK (he's a soloist, nothing i can do about it.)

But JVJK attacked me once, specifically, 3 times in a row. I have no idea how much he lost. But he hasn't harassed me ever since.

sorry, i digress. in short, without any spending of gold, as long as you are using the right strategy, you shouldn't be getting beaten up consistently.

BTW, if your stat is over 15k, i'd be happy to add you as ally. even though i can still overpower you,i dont even like picking a fight with someone half of my size. You get the point?

thanks for the info Zyn. Good to have the perspective from the bigger fish. So sounds like 3 k is barely sufficient and 15 k is a reasonable goal for defense scores.

Agent Orange
01-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Thanks z ;) Btw if you want to ally me my id is in my tag line.

The losses from attacking are brutal. Today I attacked someone 1/4 my strength and lost 4 units in one go. One was a Stealth Frigate plus a Troop Transport.

My gut feeling is the game has been rejigged so that those high level players preying on lower level players are taking huge losses, it makes sense from a dev standpoint since the more we attack the weak the more players they loose and they would never come clean on this since it shows that there really is a problem with the way the game is designed. It also underlines their need to keep those spending the big $$$ happy by giving them something to attack. I notice that my brothers playing at lower levels are not having this problem with heavy losses. Also I notice when I find a real easy target the game crashes out on the first attack, I sort of wrote this off to bad programming but it now feels like the game does this on purpose so that that player is spared any further attacks.

Anyhow the problem is, is it really keeping the big spenders happy? I have a funny feeling they are getting pretty bored based on what I'm seeing. Mainly that the only things these guys are doing is looking for big scores on players not using their vaults but their losses for doing this type of testing must be brutal so even if they do get a good score they might loose as much or more attacking. The only other place would be the map missions and with some of them and their huge economies I suspect they are either done those or just about so then what?

They attack people because that's all they can do and get flamed for it. It really must suck at this point.

When I started playing I also had no idea what the countries did, I chose the UK mainly because it was the closest to Canada and it was a lucky break since I had a pretty strong compliment of sea units. What I'm finding now is that I'm becoming more diverse in my units so I have a pretty good mix of ground, air and sea with a number of infantry for meat shields.

I also find that I should have picked Iran because of the faster resupply of energy. I mainly now play certain portions of the map challenges for the cash and sometimes loot. My brothers are doing the same, one has 181 mini subs which are 8/6 which is backwards to the Frigate worth $34k.

Now I'm pretty much defensive, I can't hope to come close to the heavy gold buyers unless I have a death wish and picking on the weaker players under me is not cost effective as I loose more than I gain so I'm pretty much setting up for an economy based run, building up my vault, upgrading my unit buildings and flushing out my military.

What is interesting is those in the lower levels still have a pretty good game, the rivals list only gets screwed up past L50 though that seems to be relative as one of my brothers is playing in the 40's and the other the mid 50's and though the latter is taking attacks from some whales he still has a nice mix of people to play against.

Now I might have screwed myself by taking on as many allies as I did, but where I'm at now I don't think it matters as I'm well past L50 and well into whale territory. Now it's more a matter of taking on low level players as allies so they can try and get out from under attacks though I guess the problem is that if they take on too many it still seems like the game will pick you for the high level players rival list.

And that's the interesting part, I suspect because I have taken on quite a few players as allies the rivals list has to dig lower to flush out my list. I get the odd player with extremely low attack/defense stats under 1000 sometimes or even lower, that must really suck to suddenly wind up matched up with players 10-50 times more powerful than you are. I would love to hear from gal with 2000+ allies to see what she is seeing on her rival lists.

Anyhow my observation is, if you need to be at the top of the game you better be ready to spend some serious $$$ to get there. If you want an interesting and free challenge it's here but it requires some careful planning and time.

Agent Orange
01-10-2012, 05:12 PM
I've found that too, raiding tends to be successful but at the cost of a lot more units. I wonder do defensive buildings play a part when raided but not when attacked. I'm thinking along the lines of total defensive buildings score protecting a raided building will be factored heavily into the damage the raider takes, otherwise they have no real purpose.

I suspect that defensive buildings do have an affect on raiding, though not on attacks. No idea how it is factored in though but I've been building minefields lately.

Nicz
01-11-2012, 09:26 AM
I reached level 47 and i only saw gold spenders...then, i wont up 49, but starr turtle now...
I got 8500/10500 stats but i saw noobs spending dozens or hundreds dollars with similars stats or just less than me...
I Hope they wont attack hard coz as if they loose i can loose big units fast :(

It's more interesting for me to up buildings vault and income (155k actually) and stay at this level :(

Mudphud
01-11-2012, 09:48 AM
I reached level 47 and i only saw gold spenders...then, i wont up 49, but starr turtle now...
I got 8500/10500 stats but i saw noobs spending dozens or hundreds dollars with similars stats or just less than me...
I Hope they wont attack hard coz as if they loose i can loose big units fast :(

It's more interesting for me to up buildings vault and income (155k actually) and stay at this level :(

Those are pretty solid stats for being at level 49. I was aiming for something similar. Out of curiosity, why are you starting to turtle at this point? Is it that you are being attacked too much by stronger players or that you are anticipating this?

If you wouldn't mind sharing, I was wondering how much you are getting attacked each day and what percentage of those attacks or raids are successful. Thanks.

Dover
01-11-2012, 09:49 AM
Wouldn't you almost have to stop leveling at L39-44? If you stop at L48 for example you leave yourself 2 levels to grow as you fend off attacks, do a quest or two and farm maps. I am only farming for mini subs now and still grew a level with energy at 830. I don't get attacked anymore until I get bored and poke at someone who attacked me 2-3 weeks ago, we take a shot at each other to let the other know he is there and then the guns fall silient.

Question: How long do you (anyone) plan on turtling before you start to level and see what the higher levels have to offer? Will you ever level or just stay in the 20's and beat up on people who are passing though un-prepaired?

Give it 4-6 weeks and there will be a ton of people between L44-49 because they do not want to cross the L50 threshold. lol

Wildfire
01-11-2012, 10:28 AM
Wouldn't you almost have to stop leveling at L39-44? If you stop at L48 for example you leave yourself 2 levels to grow as you fend off attacks, do a quest or two and farm maps. I am only farming for mini subs now and still grew a level with energy at 830. I don't get attacked anymore until I get bored and poke at someone who attacked me 2-3 weeks ago, we take a shot at each other to let the other know he is there and then the guns fall silient.

Question: How long do you (anyone) plan on turtling before you start to level and see what the higher levels have to offer? Will you ever level or just stay in the 20's and beat up on people who are passing though un-prepaired?

Give it 4-6 weeks and there will be a ton of people between L44-49 because they do not want to cross the L50 threshold. lol

I've no choice now, I set a building upgrading to get rid of one of those annoying green arrows, when it finishes I think the bonus will push me to level 50 regardless! Have to buy some units with my saved up valor for bit more protection I think.

Just as well I was getting really bored doing nothing and my allies who are no stronger than me seem to still be progressing through the 50s ok.

ShawnBB
01-11-2012, 10:31 AM
I'm lvl 46. And with stats 1000/1000 like you said. Income 85000, 300k money can be protected. 90 allies.
I don't feel any pressure from upper gold monsters. Every time I spent all the money that over 300k on expanding building buying or upgrading. And i add whoever constantly atk me as Allie.😃

I set my army as the percentage of 40% desert soldier 40% light gunner ,1 and only 1 unit for each kind of expensive units and those very low casualty ships. So all I lost is worthless gunners in raiding.

Nicz
01-12-2012, 04:54 AM
I didnt write my ID anywhere so if u want to see my profil/his evolution and discuss on game add : 379 107 891, and write ur name there, i control my allies number ;)

JMC
01-12-2012, 05:40 AM
IMO there is no reason to turtle unless youre just waiting for a vault upgrade or plan to stay there for ever. There is no possible way to gain enough power to be 'safe' for a free player. The best way is to level up, and do attack missions. Doing otherwise just really hinders your progress and wastes your time. Just keep everything in your vault and collect from buildings whenever you can. You will get attacked but not that much with 10K+ defence. Losses will also not be that great. Any smart player would stay away from you to avoid unit loss.

Nicz
01-12-2012, 06:49 AM
Yes thats what i think! Any player Will try to raid me unless a risk to loose units...So i continue my leveling! For the moment i'm USA but i'll change for UK, China, or the air one, to get the 10% more...but i dont know what to take :(

Upgrade my vault, and my buildings will become my priority! And i'm finishing every map to get masteries...
Anyway the next buildings i have to build are Oil rig and others...expensions cost 1m2...So i have the time ;-)

Bond
01-12-2012, 07:37 AM
Losses from winning raids are ridiculous.

I can no longer afford to keep winning.

This changes the game from a war game to a build and protect game.

Thanks for the tips on different strategies that may turn this around.

frenda
01-12-2012, 12:43 PM
Finally figured it out!!! Got attacked by a Lvl 78 with 12K atk and 11K def. I'm currently Lvl 51 with 4500 Atk and 6000 Def. If whales and gold players keep beating up on weaker opponents, which the game seems to be rigged for in order to minimize losses when attacking and raiding, in Funzio's logic, sooner or later the weaker players will pop for some gold to keep from getting ****d so regularly. Why else would they set up the game to encourage such huge mismatches? I hate to be negative, since I usually try to see the positive side of things, but this is the only explanation I can come up with for these ridiculous attack algorithms.

Wildfire
01-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Finally figured it out!!! Got attacked by a Lvl 78 with 12K atk and 11K def. I'm currently Lvl 51 with 4500 Atk and 6000 Def. If whales and gold players keep beating up on weaker opponents, which the game seems to be rigged for in order to minimize losses when attacking and raiding, in Funzio's logic, sooner or later the weaker players will pop for some gold to keep from getting ****d so regularly. Why else would they set up the game to encourage such huge mismatches? I hate to be negative, since I usually try to see the positive side of things, but this is the only explanation I can come up with for these ridiculous attack algorithms.

So you need another 6000 defense to compete, well that's only 6000/204 =30 robot walkers you need at 950 gold each so 28500 gold bars. That's 19 lots of 1500 at £69.99 each or £1329.81, don't really want to think about the ones with an attack over 20000!

frenda
01-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Yeah, let me drop a cool $2000 on this game, just to keep from getting ****d every night... NOT!

youj
01-12-2012, 01:30 PM
You don't need any gold items to keep you from getting beat up at night.

I currently have 18.8k defence, and I do not have a single gold unit. Main focus of this game is to build up a strong economy where you can always improve and upgrade your army composition.

Another way to improve your attack/defence is from valour missions, players like JMC who are also non gold spenders can get over 20-30k atk/def by getting strong valour units.

I think the main problem for you is that you levelled too first and came unprepared when you came to high levels.

frenda
01-12-2012, 01:37 PM
Yes, I said that in earlier posts. I didn't understand the point of the game at first, not having played CC, so I didn't build my economy robustly enough to start. I'm having to play catch up and learn how to swim while in the ocean with the whales.

Meddicc
01-12-2012, 02:56 PM
I must be extremly lucky. I have not been attacked for 15 days, and all I do is attack weaker players for Valor Units. Here is my list of Valor Units: **currently I obtain around 650 Valor per mission completed**

Jungle Stalker x 202 (25 Valor)
GIGN x 24 (200)
Avenger x 118 (100)
Seahawk helicopter x 121 (50)
Striker Eagle x 68 (150)
Combat Boat x 125 (75)

All I do is attack people and get Valor units. It works. If you do my strat you will get very very strong fast.

Agent Orange
01-12-2012, 06:29 PM
I must be extremly lucky. I have not been attacked for 15 days, and all I do is attack weaker players for Valor Units. Here is my list of Valor Units: **currently I obtain around 650 Valor per mission completed**

Jungle Stalker x 202 (25 Valor)
GIGN x 24 (200)
Avenger x 118 (100)
Seahawk helicopter x 121 (50)
Striker Eagle x 68 (150)
Combat Boat x 125 (75)

All I do is attack people and get Valor units. It works. If you do my strat you will get very very strong fast.

Is your player's id the same as the handle you use on the forum? If so I'll have my brothers and I see if we can find you if you like. :p

Meddicc
01-12-2012, 06:49 PM
hahaha. Level 57 Now - 7544 / 7727 yeah under Meddicc.

Come and fight me. Then ill spend $1000 on gold units and attack you 24/7 - joking.

272 623 280

JMC
01-12-2012, 09:53 PM
Currently my valor missions give me 1320 valor per mission. I also raised my stamina to 30 so i can do a lot more attacks now.

395 stealth frigates
150 super hornets
85 m270 mlrs

Closing in on 30K defence. Currently at 28912.

I should be able to get it in 2 days.

Averaging 1 level per day atm which means more valor missions. Everytime i get 2 valor missions thats like 2650 valor not including the valor i get from the actual attacks. Then every 4 levels u get two of each valor missions and multiple fronts. So when i reach level 90 i will get around 6500 valor from those missions.

Definitely the best way to gain power for free players. Turtling is not going to work. Unless you can amass enough money to buy the units worth millions you will not end up very strong without valor units.

Going to slow down a bit once i reach level 100. Since the maximum usable allies atm is 500 even if you are level 200. I dont know why they chose to do that, but hopefully they change it.

Meddicc
01-13-2012, 01:06 AM
great post, i need people like you as no one seems to think attacking is worth doing with the losses. I however think it is worth it all the time. I did lose a$85k unit in one attack, but not to worried,

JMC
01-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Once you get powerful, there are plenty of people to attack that will give you zero unit losses.

Nicz
01-13-2012, 06:26 AM
I noticed that when i attack someone under 2000 def i loose nothing at the same level, but when he have more than 2000 i loose units...i have 9500 attack, wtf?!

JMC
01-13-2012, 07:03 AM
You have to be about 4 or 5 times stronger to gaurantee no unit loss

frenda
01-13-2012, 07:05 AM
Sorry, I've found that not to be true. I was 10x stronger, and still lost valuable high cost units and not just cannon fodder.

Agent Orange
01-13-2012, 07:09 AM
Wonder the same thing, my losses are still high even though attacking very weak rivals. Is it possible that crossing a certain attack value say 20k or having very high attack skill pts is also part of it JMC?

frenda
01-13-2012, 08:11 AM
So I'm attacked by a level 111 guy last night. 91K Attack against my 5700 Defense, and he wins. I don't lose a single unit though. And I'll bet anything that he lost at least one unit. So who's going to argue that the attack algorithm isn't screwed up?

Nicz
01-13-2012, 10:39 AM
Guys!

I need your help!
I'll change USA to get the 10% more but i dont know what to choose!

Resume:

Air: 39 super hornets 36/26, i'll use my future valor for this...

Infantry: 346 medics 0/10, 136 GIGN 22/19, 297 amphibious 6/8, 31 engineers 1/4

Sea: 198 frigates 5/8, 208 combat boat, 1 stealth bot and 70 transport...

I would choose Infantry coz it could give my the best defence but i only have medium and high casualty units :/

Some advices?! :)

Dover
01-13-2012, 10:51 AM
I went UK for ship bonus, I think that is the way to go at end game since there are more low casualty units. It really comes down to which units do you see yourself buying at higher levels (unless you pay to change it again) and how you want to play the game. Once you start getting 10000-20000 A/D in any one unit it will start to add up.

After looking at the pictures I may change to Russia later on for Plane bonus. It really comes down to which units do you see yourself buying at higher levels (unless you pay to change it again). I will never win at this game so I will just have as much fun as I can while it lasts. The next great game is only 6 months away, not sure what it is but this too will fade.

JMC
01-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Theyve just changed the attack algorithms again. I am now losing units to people with under 100 defense

zynshmily
01-13-2012, 09:32 PM
Theyve just changed the attack algorithms again. I am now losing units to people with under 100 defense

yup. cant believe they worsen the situation....
I just attacked one 478 defense. instead of losing some worthless infantries such as flamethrower, i lost two 640k osprey VTOL. un-freaking-believable...

at least im right about something. every friday = one surprise

Toughy
01-14-2012, 01:06 AM
Can't agree with zynshmily more. Today when I fight someone with just 1 ally, I lost units as many as those with 260+ppl. That's ridiculous. So stop fighting now...

Wildfire
01-14-2012, 02:46 AM
Unbelievable, this time they've more or less completely destroyed the game. Nobody's going to do anything but build and PVE now, and on the weekend when people have more time to play too. I already had long builds and expansions going so I've nothing to do at all. 5 hours till my next loot farm, 41 hours remaining on my next build, 30 odd hours on my next building upgrade.

Oh, someone's just attacked me and where in the past to the same person I've lost a medic or a transport now i've lost a stealth frigate, great! Bet they got a shock though!

elbarrio
01-14-2012, 02:50 AM
COMO SE PUEDE CONSEGUIR LINGOTES DE ORO ME GUSTARIA DE QUE ME AYUDASEIS GRACIAS

GORDLYDAY
01-14-2012, 02:51 AM
Sorry for choosing topic to leave a post for all about lorazepam dose
lorazepam how long take effect Coalgate (http://members.powerofpeace.com/lorazepam) and soma lorazepam interactions what does canadian lorazepam look like Clearwater (http://www.deeptwelve.com/lorazepam)GORDLYDAY: Lorazepam should never be shared with another person, especially someone who has a history of drug abuse or addiction. Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. We recommend also: lorazepam cash on delivery overnight Norway

Nicz
01-14-2012, 03:17 AM
OMG, im not the only one so...

I attacked people with 1000/1000 and lost GIGN and super hornet...

WTF ARE YOU DOING FUNZIO?

Gold spenders dont represent 100% of your players, this game will die soon if you dont change your way!!

Now, i'll turtle...and no one will attack no one...

Thedeathking
01-14-2012, 03:32 AM
I am a level 44 amd am losing units with people with a defense level under 900!!!!!! When will this be fixed or is this the new norm?

Nicz
01-14-2012, 03:37 AM
They are killing their game week after week....

And gold spender or not its the same...we loose units for nothing, units we cant substitute for the majority of ppl who still have 50k income...

I dont give months to this game if FUNZIO DONT CHANGE THEIR WAY!

Btw i'll contact support to give them my discontent...

JMC
01-14-2012, 06:07 AM
I will send an email to support and hopefully we will be heard. I havent seen a member of funzio make an appearance on these forums in months.

Toughy
01-14-2012, 06:31 AM
I have done so. No response so far...

JMC
01-14-2012, 06:36 AM
Usually takes about half a day, but the support guys get back to you.

Wildfire
01-14-2012, 06:55 AM
Hope they're not all off for the weekend!

Toughy
01-14-2012, 07:25 AM
I did last evening. So strictly speaking almost 16 hours now.......

elbarrio
01-14-2012, 07:53 AM
buenassssss haber si alguien me puede ayudar a saber como se consigue los lingotes de oro me gustaria de que me ayudaseis gracias por vuestra atencion

Agent Orange
01-14-2012, 07:59 AM

Same thing here, I got raided and attacked last night a lot sure wish I could see their losses doubt it was worth it for them. Also did some attacks just now with insane losses against far weaker players, lost super hornets, ,and stealth frigates the game is now a complete joke in the higher levels.

I suggest if there is no response that we all write negative feedback in the app store.

jdanson
01-14-2012, 09:55 AM
you are spot on here. same thing happening to me. i'm hitting rivals 1/5 the size of mine and losing super hornets, bio warefare troops and so on...it makes no sense to attack anyone at this point because all you're doing is spinning your wheels for nothing.

Toughy
01-14-2012, 11:11 AM
On the map, does anyone know which site I can get mini sub? Thx

Flipmode
01-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Can't remember Toughy, but there is a thread about just that and another on Loot Farming if you search.

Agent Orange
01-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Sub in Emir Island.

chuck norris
01-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Yeah with the nonstop bugs glitches crashes poor decisions gameplay alterations cash grab agenda, funzio has earned a 1 star app rating along with negative reviews a Long time ago. The entire life of this game has been a fish out if water, with a couple hopeful days when the clouds spit a few merciful drops.

Realistically I don't think we can move the masses. Which is why I sometimes feel, honestly, that insulting funzio is more effective.

chuck norris
01-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Interestingly, I never realized previously the button in the app store for "report a problem". I'm sure that report goes to the app store. If... They would suddenly receive a bunch of negative feedback... Might they say something to funzio... Well I did my part. I didnt use any swear words or name calling, and yet I definitely get the feeling that if I'd post it in this feedback forum, it'd still get erased.

Have a happy unit-losing day.