PDA

View Full Version : What I now think of when I read threads about being attacked in a war game

Dover
01-09-2012, 08:56 AM
Dover: Freda, could you come here for a second? Which team do you play for?
Frenda : Well, I'm a Peach.
Dover: Well I was just wonderin' why you would throw home when we got a two-run lead. You let the tying run get on second base and we lost the lead because of you. Start using your head. That's the lump that's three feet above your backside.
[Freda starts to cry]
Dover: Are you crying? Are you crying? ARE YOU CRYING? There's no crying! THERE'S NO CRYING IN MODERN WAR!
Scp33: Why don't you give her a break, Dover...
Dover: Oh, you zip it, Scp33! George S Patton was my manager, and he called me a talking pile of pig terd. And that was when my parents drove all the way down from Michigan to see me play the game. And did I cry?
Frenda : No, no, no.
Dover: Yeah! NO. And do you know why?
Frenda : No...
Dover: Because there's no crying in Modern War. THERE'S NO CRYING IN MODERN WAR! No crying!

scp33
01-09-2012, 09:09 AM
my apologies for offending you Dover...honestly I was looking for more strategy than anything...but hey, it takes all kinds to make the world go round! I really was starting to think that maybe this douchebag just knew something that I didn't. If I promise to stop crying and take my beatings like a man will you offer me some sound strategy and advice since you are noted as a "senior member" on the forum! LOL!

frenda
01-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Dover obviously missed the point of your initial comment, scp33. He must not have read it too closely, since he thought I started the thread.

scp33
01-09-2012, 09:50 AM
that's alright...if Dover wants to call me a cry baby, that's his right...but that really wasn't my objective. Not looking for tissues here!

Dover
01-09-2012, 10:13 AM
scp33 - I had left you out of it at first but you wrote "I mean like 24/7...over the course of a month. And I haven't responded to the douchebag in over 3 weeks. " before I hit post.

I start this after seeing freda's only offer to your issue/question was "I've got some douche who must have nothing better to do than to wait for one of my buildings to mature and then he hits me, repeatedly. I mean, get a life, loser."

There has just been so much of this cluttering up threads lately when I read his post I went a little nutso. I did have a good laugh though at the thought of Freda saying Well, I'm a Peach.

osubuckeye
01-09-2012, 10:49 AM
ffs, he's making a joke reference to the movie "A League of their own"

it's funny

frenda
01-09-2012, 11:41 AM
Lame movie, therefore I didn't think it was all that funny. But reading Dover's response to someone in another thread totally explains it all:

""My one piece of advice is to keep as many timers going as you can every minute of the day (when you are not at work or asleep). 1) Vault, 2) level money buildings 3) land growth 4) new buildings."

I guess someone who has that much invested in this game would take this so seriously. ROFMLAO...

scp33
01-09-2012, 11:50 AM
scp33 - I had left you out of it at first but you wrote "I mean like 24/7...over the course of a month. And I haven't responded to the douchebag in over 3 weeks. " before I hit post.

I start this after seeing freda's only offer to your issue/question was "I've got some douche who must have nothing better to do than to wait for one of my buildings to mature and then he hits me, repeatedly. I mean, get a life, loser."

There has just been so much of this cluttering up threads lately when I read his post I went a little nutso. I did have a good laugh though at the thought of Freda saying Well, I'm a Peach.

Well I don't take that part back...its a fact. I just wanted to make sure I wasnt missing something and the playing field was even. Hey, if I suck at the game I suck at the game. I can accept that.

Dover
01-09-2012, 12:23 PM
Lame movie, therefore I didn't think it was all that funny. But reading Dover's response to someone in another thread totally explains it all:

""My one piece of advice is to keep as many timers going as you can every minute of the day (when you are not at work or asleep). 1) Vault, 2) level money buildings 3) land growth 4) new buildings."

I guess someone who has that much invested in this game would take this so seriously. ROFMLAO...

Hmm, maybe if you would invest more time in reading these threads and less time on the floor you would not be farmed repeatedly. Just saying.

frenda
01-09-2012, 12:26 PM
Touche. Or is that Douche? LOL, either way, just trying to keep it fun and not a chore.

Agent Orange
01-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Punny very punny Frenda..... :p

Tramp Stamp
01-09-2012, 06:18 PM
"Avoid the clap"

-- Jimmy Dugan