PDA

View Full Version : Seasoned CC player here who's lost...where to start on MW?

J.J.
01-08-2012, 06:10 PM
I was starting to get a bit bored with CC, so I downloaded MW out of curiosity. It seems similar to CC, but also very different in some aspects. Are there any guides here for a n00b who's a bit lost? I want to be able to kick a-- like I do in CC.

One thing I'm wondering is if it's smart to camp at first on this game? I know if you level up too quickly on CC that's a bad thing.

Tramp Stamp
01-08-2012, 07:05 PM
Here's my guide:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13937-Suggested-opening-moves-for-an-economy-base

In terms of leveling up too quickly it's even worse here due to unit attrition.

Mastermind
01-08-2012, 09:12 PM
I'm already allied with another JJ (lvl 86) that I thought was you. Welcome to MW and feel free to add me when you're looking to up your allies.

Tramp Stamp
01-08-2012, 09:52 PM
On that topic, I'm serious about the letting me know if you specifically want to be added. There are hundreds of people in the queue, so I can't tell when someone I know from the forums wants in.

P.S. Mastermind, I'm curious as to why you deleted me some two weeks ago. Were you consolidating allies based on level?

Dover
01-09-2012, 07:06 AM
Yeah, slow and low is the tempo here also. It is good to have 2 (or 3) games going on to keep MW from feeling slow when you hit the longer timers. My one piece of advice is to keep as many timers going as you can every minute of the day (when you are not at work or asleep). 1) Vault, 2) level money buildings 3) land growth 4) new buildings.

Everyone may have a different priority list they like but this one keeps me from getting attacked anymore. In the beginning the vault is most important I feel so you can keep enough cash around early on to keep growing.

Duke.0
01-09-2012, 01:26 PM
I was starting to get a bit bored with CC, so I downloaded MW out of curiosity. It seems similar to CC, but also very different in some aspects. Are there any guides here for a n00b who's a bit lost? I want to be able to kick a-- like I do in CC.

One thing I'm wondering is if it's smart to camp at first on this game? I know if you level up too quickly on CC that's a bad thing.

I'm camping at low levels in this game so far. I'm level 14 with $114,608 income per hour and have all the unit buildings built.

Here is what i did:
I noticed early on that money is a big big factor in this game, more so than "valor aka respect". For example, the 5 min building in this game is the supply depot and it gives 3,000 at level 10. The level 10 laundromat gives 400 something.

So this lead me to think, i should camp and get my income up a lot, so i when i unlock the other units, i can buy a lot of them. If you look at the units you can buy, you will notice most of them are all money units.

And actually you could potentially unlock ALL the units at level 1 if you had enough money coming in. There is no level requirements for units, just building level requirements. So i built all the unit buildings and i'm only level 14.

During a fight or a robbery, your units can be killed.
Gold units can't be killed.
Valor units CAN be killed and cost valor (like respect).
However, i am creating an army of money items, since valor is harder to come by and can still be killed. The majority of my army will be money items with valor items boosting me along the way.

IMO: #1 thing in this game is having more income then the next guy so you can successfully expand, upgrade your vault and buy the best troops you can at will.

frenda
01-09-2012, 02:06 PM
Very good point!!! Most units are money units.

osubuckeye
01-09-2012, 02:19 PM
duke, what level buildings are we talking about here? if you have 2 of the supply depots at lv.10 that is boosting your income per hour by $72K/hr

Is that where half of your income per hour is coming from? or do you mostly have some of the slower buildings up?

If it's slower buildings then what the heck are you doing with all that extra money? :)

Duke.0
01-09-2012, 02:42 PM
duke, what level buildings are we talking about here? if you have 2 of the supply depots at lv.10 that is boosting your income per hour by $72K/hr

Is that where half of your income per hour is coming from? or do you mostly have some of the slower buildings up?

If it's slower buildings then what the heck are you doing with all that extra money? :)

My Money Buildings:

Key:
Quantity Name Level

x2 Supply Depot 10 & 10
x2 Armory 6 (upgrading now to 7) & 6
x2 Munitions Stockpile 3 & 3
x1 Command Center 3
x2 Storage Silo 4 & 3
x2 Weapons Factory 2 & 2
x2 Oil Derrick 3 & 2
x2 Wind Farm 2 & 2
x2Communication Center 1 & 1
x2 Military Market 1 & 1
x1 Steel Mill (in construction) 1

Unit Buildings:
Shipyard 2
Dry Docks 1
Barracks 3
Advanced Training Center 1
Air Field 2
Advanced Air Field 1
War Factory 4
Robotics Facility 1

Defense Buildings:
Guard Tower 1, 1 & 1

Extra money is for expansions, vault upgrades, and units that i buy.
But most of the money for now is just upgrading buildings. My goal is to get a very high Income per hour AND get my unit buildings very high too so i can stomp the opposition when i decide to level up on purpose. Right now i'm leveling because people are constantly attacking me and loosing :)

For a while i bought chain link fences and decorations, but i sold that to make room for other buildings, they take up a lot of space :)

Mastermind
01-09-2012, 04:33 PM
On that topic, I'm serious about the letting me know if you specifically want to be added. There are hundreds of people in the queue, so I can't tell when someone I know from the forums wants in.

P.S. Mastermind, I'm curious as to why you deleted me some two weeks ago. Were you consolidating allies based on level?

Sorry Tramp Stamp. I was trimming down a little and must have removed you by accident. My preference is to be allied with dedicated players, especially active forum members. I'll re-add you right now and please accept my apologies.

EnjoyLife
01-09-2012, 04:52 PM
I agree with Duke.0, in that income is one of the top two things to strive for. I think making yourself very hard to attack is number 1. Here is my breakdown:

My Money Buildings:

Key:
Quantity Name Level

x2 Supply Depot 6 & 6
x2 Armory 5 & 5
x2 Munitions Stockpile 6 & 4
x1 Command Center 6
x2 Storage Silo 5 & 5
x2 Weapons Factory 3 & 2
x2 Oil Derrick 6 & 5
x2 Wind Farm 5 & 5
x2 Communication Center 2 & 1
x2 Military Market 5 & 5
x2 Steel Mill 2 & 2
x2 Ore Mine 1 & 1
x2 Recycling Plant 1 & 1
x2 Oil Refinery 1 & 1

Unit Buildings:
Shipyard 1
Dry Docks 2
Barracks 4
Elite Training Facility 1
Air Field 2
Advanced Air Field 1
War Factory 3
Robotics Facility 1

Defense Buildings:
x5 Guard Tower 2,2,2,2,2
x5 Bunker 2,2,2,2,1
x5 Turret 2,2,2,2,1
x5 Holding Cell 1,1,1,1,1

Vault is expanding to 1,500,000 now and current expansion in progress cost 1,200,000

Tramp Stamp
01-09-2012, 06:05 PM
FYI to frequent payout upgraders: Storage Silos are a better deal than Armories $/hr wise.

Duke.0
01-09-2012, 06:08 PM
Thanks Tramp, i'll upgrade that next, maybe to 10 too :)

EnjoyLife
01-10-2012, 04:10 AM
Thanks Tramp, i'll upgrade that next, maybe to 10 too :)

I assume that a money building cannot be upgraded past 10...

Bond
01-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Also don't forget the free money ... Visit your allies and get $1000 for each visit (to a limit of $25,000). Good for the early levels of if you just need a little extra to buy something.

Enjoy

osubuckeye
01-11-2012, 06:49 AM
thanks for that breakdown guys. I'm guessing the reason your higher level buildings have not been upgraded much is because your lower level buildings have been upgraded so much. The later upgrades take a long time, i'm sure.

When I upgrade, I take into account how much extra $ per day I'll get and how long it takes to update. Cost is usually not an issue.

That's why I have lv2 recycling centers and lv4 weapons factories while only lv3 silos and lv4 armories. Their $/day is just higher considering I'll hit those buildings that take longer every time they drop, while I miss the armories often and can't hit them while sleeping

EnjoyLife
01-21-2012, 08:25 AM
thanks for that breakdown guys. I'm guessing the reason your higher level buildings have not been upgraded much is because your lower level buildings have been upgraded so much. The later upgrades take a long time, i'm sure.

The higher level buildings cost a LOT to upgrade. That's why they haven't been upgraded much.

My Money Buildings:

Key:
Quantity Name Level

x2 Armory 5 & 5
x1 Command Center 6
x2 Oil Derrick 6 & 5
x2 Storage Silo 5 & 5
x2 Supply Depot 10 & 8
x2 Munitions Stockpile 6 & 4
x2 Wind Farm 5 & 5
x2 Military Market 5 & 5
x2 Weapons Factory 4 & 3