PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed the free...

dudeman
01-07-2012, 07:39 AM
Has anyone else noticed the "tap here to earn free gold" button? That seems pretty new because I don't remember seeing it during the holiday gold sale, which was the last time I looked at the price list.

I got 3 free gold, but all the other offers give you gold as a reward for spending money on other stuff.

Looks like Funzio may have heard my suggestion from weeks ago about earning free gold as opposed to getting free gold.

Hopefully they are still working on this feature to include ads and maybe other ways to earn gold that don't cost players anything or require them to sign up for something.

Am I imagining this, or has there seemed to be an improvement in overall quality since the start of the new year?

Way to go Funzio. Keep it up.

Max Power
01-07-2012, 08:22 AM
Where is this button?

Cooz
01-07-2012, 08:41 AM
I don't see it anywhere either. So...boo to Funzio.

dudeman
01-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Go look at the cash/gold purchase menu. You don't even have to scroll and it's right at the bottom.

Joeycool
01-07-2012, 08:59 AM
looks like another thing that Funzio are testing on certain players. I dont have it

TemplarX
01-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Great spot dudeman! I don't think it was there before.

dudeman
01-07-2012, 09:18 AM
That's what I thought too. I really hope the new feature is still being improved, because the only thing in the offer list I might consider is signing up for Netflix to get sixty-some-odd gold as a reward.

Certes
01-07-2012, 09:21 AM
I don't have it either. I also have the old explosives prices.

dudeman
01-07-2012, 09:23 AM
I still have old explosives prices...

Cooz
01-07-2012, 09:32 AM
looks like another thing that Funzio are testing on certain players. I dont have it

WEAK!!!!!! (using multiple exclamation points to make the post long enough)

SecretAgent
01-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Would you mind posting a screenshot, out of my curiosity?

dudeman
01-07-2012, 03:44 PM
I would post a screen cap but I don't know how to do that. I can take screen caps all day long, I just don't know how to share them from my iPad other than email. Any pointers on how to post them here would be helpful.

SecretAgent
01-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Take the screenshot and sync ur iPad with your PC and then upload the pic via tinypic or upload it directly to the forum.

Joe Brown1
01-07-2012, 06:33 PM
I have both the HD and regular version of CC on my iPad. The get free gold button is only on the HD version - not the regular.

Duke.0
01-07-2012, 06:42 PM
I don't have this feature.
I also don't have the explosive update either.

Penutt
01-07-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't have it either. I also have the old explosives prices.

Yea I don't see it either and I never did get the notice about improved explosives performance.

audufrane
01-07-2012, 07:43 PM
I also don't have neither of those. Sigh

J.J.
01-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah, is there an update some of us are not getting???

Nudie
01-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Apparently there are all kinds of updates which affect only certain segments of our game community. I haven't seen the explosives update yet - sitting on a half ton of explosives for a couple of weeks now. Not seen the free Gold update either - sob sob.

TemplarX
01-07-2012, 09:02 PM
It's a collaboration with tapjoy.

Durantular
01-08-2012, 02:03 AM
Out of curiosity, what did you do to earn the free gold? aka what was the money job?

silverbackspur
01-08-2012, 03:21 AM
Can't see this option.

schlumpf
01-08-2012, 03:37 AM
My twink account (on my old 3GS) has the "explosives update", my main one not, but none the gold for ads thing. There was something similar with contract killer which I used to play.

Matthew91188
01-08-2012, 05:13 AM
Anyone think it's unfair we're not all playing on the same version of the game? Like funzio plays favorites with certain people in the game almost, lol. It is frustrating to hear about the explosive improvement that I and many others did not get, now a free gold for doing things? I'd like that...

Edit: beta testing does not belong in a live game people pay money to pay and then are at a disadvantage to others.

Cooz
01-08-2012, 07:41 AM
Anyone think it's unfair we're not all playing on the same version of the game? Like funzio plays favorites with certain people in the game almost, lol. It is frustrating to hear about the explosive improvement that I and many others did not get, now a free gold for doing things? I'd like that...

Edit: beta testing does not belong in a live game people pay money to pay and then are at a disadvantage to others.

Yeah, but it's understandable. If they're just seeing what the reaction is, and based on that, making a decision to release it or shut it down, then I think it's justified. It's like having a target audience watch a movie before it gets released. If they liked it, they'll spend the millions on promotion. If not, they'll cut their losses.

ISA DOG
01-08-2012, 07:53 AM
I have nothing of the kind.

heath4pack
01-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Sorry I must have missed the explosives change.

Are they more or less expensive with the update?

TIA

Certes
01-08-2012, 09:32 AM
Just checked my Cc Hd account.....that has it. No explosives on either.

hunter
01-08-2012, 09:45 AM
The Explosives pop-up "Explosives now better than before...etc." trigger the explosives price changes. If you never see that pop-up, your explosive price is cheap as before like 5.4k/Anthrax Grenade (12 atk). but once you see that pop-up, the Anthrax Grenade become 32k each.

If you still see 5.4k/ Anthrax Grenade. Immediately buy 500 of those things. It's the best buy in all items.

dudeman
01-08-2012, 10:45 AM
It appears that I can visit the Tapjoy site and earn one free gold per day.

The other offers are all paid offers, like sign up for Netflix (for the first time) and get 64 gold.

Still working on screen caps. I haven't really had time for a good sit down in front of the pc, and I'm going to a lacrosse game this evening... So I might figure out how to post these caps by tomorrow-ish. Maybe. Or maybe I will wait until I remember to get a screen cap of the offers with the one that's actually free still showing.

Joe Crime
01-08-2012, 10:50 AM
I have the annoying new explosive prices, hoping they will chang them back. I would rather a $100 molotov than $35,000 antrax which used to be my primary explosive costing $12,000, one thousand per attack point.

Lager
01-08-2012, 11:22 AM
My wife's Ipad has the new free gold button and explosives prices but not my Iphone.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t39/LAGERBRU/photo.png

Tramp Stamp
01-08-2012, 12:02 PM
It's like having a target audience watch a movie before it gets released. If they liked it, they'll spend the millions on promotion. If not, they'll cut their losses.

Except the target audience is paid, not the other way around. It's more like paying $15 to see a movie and having the thing being edited on-the-fly in nonsensical ways as you're watching it, with the end result being they want even more out of you for the privilege.

TRAZ
01-08-2012, 03:14 PM
No free gold here either...crappy.

Ffej
01-08-2012, 04:28 PM
Very strange the way they seem to roll out partial changes or testing to a limited set of users. I also still don't have the updated explosives or free gold button......even worse, they still haven't fixed the crashing issue on the IPad 1....sigh

SecretAgent
01-08-2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the pic. I am thinking that iit possibly only shows up for people who haven't bought any gold..? Just thinking out loud here.

hunter
01-08-2012, 04:53 PM
iPad is CC HD, iPhone is CC, maybe CC HD has that button.

procsyzarc
01-08-2012, 05:15 PM
iPad is CC HD, iPhone is CC, maybe CC HD has that button.

No I am HD and don't have it, only just got the explosive update in the weekend too

audufrane
01-08-2012, 05:23 PM
Nope. I have never boughten any gold and I don't have either.

audufrane
01-08-2012, 05:30 PM
It appears that I can visit the Tapjoy site and earn one free gold per day.

The other offers are all paid offers, like sign up for Netflix (for the first time) and get 64 gold.

Still working on screen caps. I haven't really had time for a good sit down in front of the pc, and I'm going to a lacrosse game this evening... So I might figure out how to post these caps by tomorrow-ish. Maybe. Or maybe I will wait until I remember to get a screen cap of the offers with the one that's actually free still showing.

When I connect with tapjoy it says I don't have any apps that I can earn currency in but obliviously I have CC?

deuces
01-08-2012, 06:23 PM
Dudeman, just use vvcap for screencaps if you're on a pc. Super easy, you right click on it in the tray, click capture, select what you want, it uploads it and gives you a link. Change that link to .jpg and post it as an image here.

dudeman
01-09-2012, 01:25 PM
As promised, proof in the form of screen caps.

I'm glad I waited because it gave me an opportunity to see what, if any, FREE offers there would be. It's nice to see that there are video ads, although it seems to be limited to one view/free gold per day, and visiting the TapJoy site seems to be an option once a day as well. The other offers all cost money, you receive the free gold as a bonus for spending elsewhere.

744 "Tap Here To Earn Free Gold"
741 These offers aren't free but you get free gold as a bonus.
742 Watch a short video ad to earn one gold.
743 Visit the TapJoy site to earn one gold.

procsyzarc
01-09-2012, 01:55 PM
For most the free gold will be pointless (2 bars won't buy anything) but I really hope i get the option since on 499 and would save having to buy more to buy a palm hotel and still sitting on an odd amount

Anubis
01-09-2012, 02:00 PM
The Explosives pop-up "Explosives now better than before...etc." trigger the explosives price changes. If you never see that pop-up, your explosive price is cheap as before like 5.4k/Anthrax Grenade (12 atk). but once you see that pop-up, the Anthrax Grenade become 32k each.

If you still see 5.4k/ Anthrax Grenade. Immediately buy 500 of those things. It's the best buy in all items.

I agree, but how do you get the update ...

JimmyShines
01-09-2012, 02:34 PM
dudeman, your using the beta build for this.

dudeman
01-09-2012, 02:41 PM
I never signed up for test flight. I was asked to but I didn't respond to the email.

JimmyShines
01-09-2012, 02:45 PM
I never signed up for test flight. I was asked to but I didn't respond to the email.

Interesting and strange.

Well, once this is rolled out to everyone, it's great to collect the small amounts of gold, excellent for when you fall on a large unrobbed hood (or fat wallet player) and need to quickly refill your stamina (or energy for great drop amounts).

TemplarX
01-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Well, once this is rolled out to everyone, it's great to collect the small amounts of gold, excellent for when you fall on a large unrobbed hood (or fat wallet player) and need to quickly refill your stamina (or energy for great drop amounts).
That's a great idea! I have collected 4 free gold now. 2 more and I get my free humble little ice cream stall, so excited!

unggubrian
01-10-2012, 04:31 AM
Great find dudeman!