PDA

View Full Version : Building upgrade and storage suggestion, what do you think?

Penutt
01-06-2012, 07:15 PM
Considering the extremely long building upgrade times for some buildings and at certain levels I think it would be a good idea for Funzio to allow one money building and one defense building to be upgraded at the same time. What is your opinion on this?

I also think there should be a storage option in that say you wanted to rearrange your hood you could temporarily store buildings in the storage feature until you have placed everything where you want it or you might want to see if a new building will fit in a certain space.

JimmyShines
01-06-2012, 07:22 PM
Considering the extremely long building upgrade times for some buildings and at certain levels I think it would be a good idea for Funzio to allow one money building and one defense building to be upgraded at the same time. What is your opinion on this?

Great idea.

I also think there should be a storage option in that say you wanted to rearrange your hood you could temporarily store buildings in the storage feature until you have placed everything where you want it or you might want to see if a new building will fit in a certain space.

Yep, another MMO, TradeNations has that exact same feature. Hint, hint Funzio...

Babytway
01-06-2012, 08:26 PM
yah i like the storage function, i will support that

Max Power
01-07-2012, 04:29 AM
Other games do use the storage function and use it well. It's a good idea.

As far as upgrading 2 at a time, I am a fan, but I wouldn't want to make it one attack and one defense. Nobody upgrades defense buildings anymore.

Durantular
01-07-2012, 04:50 AM
I think numerous upgrades would be great - On only money buildings as Max said.

However, while I like many others will support this, it would technically take away strategic upgrades etc. I make sure I have something upgrading all the time (I'll try upgrade things which finish at times where I'm available). However if I have all 50 buildings or so going at once.. Well.. you get the drift.

Still got my tick of approval, just wanted to point that out :D

Max Power
01-07-2012, 05:54 AM
Upgrades will be limited by the financial demands of actually doing it. Most people can't afford that many upgrades at once.

The upgrade times are a deal killer for many buildings. I would love to upgrade my houses to level 10, I just don't want it to take a week. They will sit until everything else is done or I can't afford the high level upgrades.

J.J.
01-07-2012, 07:46 AM
Great ideas, I'd love to upgrade a lot of my buildings to L10, but at this rate I think I'll be celebrating my 50th birthday before I reach that goal lol.

Storage is a good idea too, I'm to the point where expansions are so lengthy and expensive that I just pack my buildings in tightly together like it's NYC.

dudeman
01-07-2012, 08:33 AM
My buildings have been packed since day one. I try to leave myself a little storage area anyways (usually 8x8 is enough), but if there was already the storage option I could keep my hood as full as possible at all times.

I agree with Penutt, however, that the dual upgrade feature should be limited to one building of each type.

Nobody upgrades defense buildings anymore.

I'm busy upgrading my money buildings, but I would if I could. I don't really mind the upgrade times yet because they give me time to save for the next while progress is being made, but it still means either my economy suffers or my defense suffers. It already feels slow enough to improve my economy without gold, so taking the time for defenses doesn't seem to make sense yet.

Cooz
01-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Defense in the game would explode if you were allowed to upgrade both at once.

The upgrade times are a deal killer for many buildings.

That's it for me, for sure. If I could do both, though, money wouldn't be an issue, and I'd tack on several hundred defense points very quickly. I imagine some people would be well into the thousands. After a month or so, it'd be impossible to rob anyone.

The game forces you to patiently decide between the two. If that element didn't exist, higher level players would basically become bulletproof in a short amount of time.

dudeman
01-07-2012, 08:54 AM

That's it for me, for sure. If I could do both, though, money wouldn't be an issue, and I'd tack on several hundred defense points very quickly. I imagine some people would be well into the thousands. After a month or so, it'd be impossible to rob anyone.

The game forces you to patiently decide between the two. If that element didn't exist, higher level players would basically become bulletproof in a short amount of time.

Like I said, I would if I could, so this comes as no surprise although I hadn't thought of it that way. I can stop hoping right now then! Lol.

Cooz
01-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Like I said, I would if I could, so this comes as no surprise although I hadn't thought of it that way. I can stop hoping right now then! Lol.

I'd be all for it if just you and I could do it...

Max Power
01-08-2012, 05:11 AM

I would like to believe that, but the research here about the true value of defense building upgrades has me doubting their value.

Cooz
01-08-2012, 08:08 AM
I would like to believe that, but the research here about the true value of defense building upgrades has me doubting their value.

I'll give ya that, but that research hasn't been tested with such a high surge, like we'd see if this was the case.

I very well could be wrong.