PDA

View Full Version : Game or Forum?

Nudie
01-06-2012, 04:17 PM
For the regulat forum members - you know who you are.
Do you have more fun playing the game or visiting this forum?
Now, be honest!

JimmyShines
01-06-2012, 04:19 PM
The forum makes the game more interesting, love seeing all the members in the game... gives it another dynamic, and in the future, will help us identify the bots. :)

MadHattersMother
01-06-2012, 04:35 PM
Forum Baby! ;) ;)..............

Euchred
01-06-2012, 04:38 PM
I like them both, one enhances the other.
Although I usually just lurk around the forum looking for good/interesting info.

J.J.
01-06-2012, 05:16 PM
The forums! It's more fun & drama filled than watching episodes of The Bachelor.

Ram
01-06-2012, 05:18 PM
I like them both!

Tramp Stamp
01-06-2012, 05:38 PM
Without the forum I probably would have lost interest by now.

Penutt
01-06-2012, 05:41 PM
There are some people aka imps which make both unenjoyable!

Amber_
01-08-2012, 10:00 AM
The forums! It's more fun & drama filled than watching episodes of The Bachelor.

Amen to that

silverbackspur
01-08-2012, 10:16 AM
The game for sure.
Love the forum though.

youj
01-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Without the forum I probably would have lost interest by now.

Your loss of interest might have something to do with your gameplay strategy. Since you only camp and build/upgrade buildings and not really doing any other game interactions.

hunter
01-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Love the forum because of hot girls....

(I don't like bald guys, noodles, max.. )

whocareswhatmynameis
01-08-2012, 10:34 AM
forum all the way!

DCjG
01-08-2012, 10:37 AM
Newer to the boards but find it a great supplement to the game. I enjoy any and all strategy discussions. The spam is a bit much but I'll farm those nuggets of wisdom as diligently as I farm m4a1s. ;)

sez
01-08-2012, 11:00 AM
The Game, I use the forums to pass the time while I'm waiting for stam/energy to refil and to find good info from knoweledgeable peoples

Babytway
01-08-2012, 11:00 AM
i love nothing better than robbing hoods.

Babytway
01-08-2012, 11:01 AM
but I agree the forums are great supplement to gameplay and good game info is shared here

Anubis
01-08-2012, 11:46 AM

Amen to that

Whats the Bachelor..?

I think I enjoy reading certain ppls posts (especially the knowledge ones) more than playing at times.

J.J.
01-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Whats the Bachelor..?

I think I enjoy reading certain ppls posts (especially the knowledge ones) more than playing at times.

This:

http://abc.go.com/shows/the-bachelor

I don't think they show it in the UK. It's a hilarious matchmaking show where the guy has to try to weed through numerous hoes and drama queens to hopefully find a decent girl to marry.

Watch that episode on the site if you get a chance, you'll find it pretty entertaining.

Tramp Stamp
01-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Your loss of interest might have something to do with your gameplay strategy. Since you only camp and build/upgrade buildings and not really doing any other game interactions.

You sure about that?

youj
01-08-2012, 12:04 PM
You sure about that?

Nope~ Maybe the game will be more interesting if you try to level up aggressively =)

Tramp Stamp
01-08-2012, 12:28 PM
Nope~ Maybe the game will be more interesting if you try to level up aggressively =)

I think you're posting on the wrong forum. Modern War is my "camping account", and I doubt you can convince me that aggressive leveling in that game yields any benefit whatsoever given its broken fight mechanics. In Crime City I've gained nearly 30 levels in the past two weeks or so, but that's neither here nor there. For me this game in its entirety is not entertaining enough without the "community". The main problem I identify is that it's a social game with few social features. The social features that do exist are poorly implemented, e.g. lack of any kind of predictable order in the mafia list.

Anubis
01-08-2012, 12:32 PM
This:

Can't watch it as not in states ~:( but I think I get the point lol.

Also - are you guys uploading your avatars from iphone photos? Everytime I try the file is slightly over the limit.

G Wiz
01-08-2012, 12:47 PM
The game makes the forum interesting. The forum makes the game seem interesting.

SPACE TIME CONTINUUM!!!

sez
01-08-2012, 12:54 PM

Also - are you guys uploading your avatars from iphone photos? Everytime I try the file is slightly over the limit.

From my pc

Anubis
01-08-2012, 01:15 PM
The photo's I try to upload are obviously uploaded from the photo's Ive transfered to my pc. Should I find a way of decreasing the pixels in them?

Anubis
01-08-2012, 01:18 PM
SPACE TIME CONTINUUM!!!

I could get into fun convo's regarding that statement but I think I wont lol :)

Tramp Stamp
01-08-2012, 02:16 PM
The photo's I try to upload are obviously uploaded from the photo's Ive transfered to my pc. Should I find a way of decreasing the pixels in them?

You can crop and resize fairly easily with Microsoft Paint. First crop to desired selection. I recommend making a square to make things slightly easier; otherwise you need to pay attention to aspect ratio when you resize. Next resize to 110x110 pixels, which I believe is the maximum the forum supports. Finally save as a JPEG. I don't know the file size limit, but the forum should accept a maximum quality file of this resolution.

Anubis
01-08-2012, 02:20 PM
You can crop and resize fairly easily with Microsoft Paint. First crop to desired selection. I recommend making a square to make things slightly easier; otherwise you need to pay attention to aspect ratio when you resize. Next resize to 110x110 pixels, which I believe is the maximum the forum supports. Finally save as a JPEG. I don't know the file size limit, but the forum should accept a maximum quality file of this resolution.

Thx TS.

(Note to forum admins: kill the 10 letter minimum).

Ffej
01-08-2012, 04:18 PM
The forum has made the game way more interesting for me. There are many times that once I am out of energy and stamina, the first thing I do is catch up on new posts in the forum.

I can't begin to count how many tips, strategy pointers, etc. that I have gotten from the forum members that have made the game more enjoyable.

Max Power
01-08-2012, 04:27 PM
Love the forum because of hot girls....

(I don't like bald guys, noodles, max.. )

Not bald Khung. One of the many things you are wrong about. There seems to be no limit.

On topic, the game, although the forum is a nice complement.

G Wiz
01-08-2012, 11:59 PM
I could get into fun convo's regarding that statement but I think I wont lol :)Share the fun nubis! Lol

Anubis
01-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Share the fun nubis! Lol

I have geeky interests in astronomy and cosmology lol. Especially when it comes to things like Spacetime, the creation of the Universe, the Multiverse theory, darkmatter (not madhatter), speed of light, distant galaxies (If I ever have a daughter, and I really hope some day I do I would like to call her 'NGC 4949', sorry, I mean Antilia.

I love how stars are formed, and what makes Red Dwarfs go through their 'Blue giant' stages, the life and death of stars, and how massive nova's create nebula's that can give new life and birth to new stars.

I obviously like some Science fiction too lol.

So am I a geek?

MadHattersMother
01-09-2012, 01:49 AM
I have geeky interests in astronomy and cosmology lol. Especially when it comes to things like Spacetime, the creation of the Universe, the Multiverse theory, darkmatter (not madhatter), speed of light, distant galaxies (If I ever have a daughter, and I really hope some day I do I would like to call her 'NGC 4949', sorry, I mean Antilia.

I love how stars are formed, and what makes Red Dwarfs go through their 'Blue giant' stages, the life and death of stars, and how massive nova's create nebula's that can give new life and birth to new stars.

I obviously like some Science fiction too lol.

So am I a geek?

Whats the deal with neutrinoz these days. They ever officialy prove that those bad boyz can beat light in a race too the death?

As things slow down the faster you go (for light time stands still, as its so soopa doopa fast), a neutrino being as quick as a cat leaving stupid light coughing in its dust as it speeds past would only mean.....neutrinos are going back in time..........Am i right............... They gotsa prove that wrong... I just find it hard to belive.......

MadHattersMother
01-09-2012, 02:12 AM
I just caught a few of them in meh lead net. I chuck them your way after iv sent this reply.be ready they should be with you before I click send....

Anubis
01-09-2012, 02:36 AM
I still have faith in the theory of relativity. Considering it was just one single neutrino that passed the speed of light by some thousandth of a second I think it was either a galactic fluke, or some monitor either in switzerland or italy had a slight malfunction.

Either way it has not happened again, and if it was to happen again all it really means is massless objects (like light or in this case neutrinos - objects without protons or electrons) could potentially move faster than one of the constants in the universe. No object with any mass will ever move faster than light. I'd be supprised if an object with mass could ever move anywhere near the speed of light.

Idk how in Star Trek at just warp 1 (light speed) the whole crew dont go flying to the back of the ship. All their particles should really just break down and scatter, but I guess they use phasers set to kill for that.

MadHattersMother
01-09-2012, 02:56 AM
Took me a while too get my head around not going faster than the speed of light. I was thinking if you were on a train traveling just under the speed of light why you could not just sit at the back of the train and throw a ball forward so it breaks the light barrier. But worked out the increased mass of the ball due to the speed which the train thus ball is already traveling would make it so so so impossible to actually throw the ball it would never leave your hand. Unless your chuck norris I bet he could throw it and make that ball break the light barrier. Even if it's now soopa doopa heavy now because of it's increased mass due to acceleration.

I hope they prove neutrinoz can break light speed. It could be pretty funky and prove we are still as dumb as when we said the world Waz flat.....

Max Power
01-09-2012, 04:46 AM
Scope creep.....LOL!

MadHattersMother
01-09-2012, 05:08 AM
Scope freak?

G Wiz
01-09-2012, 11:13 AM
I have just been mind *bleeped*

Joeycool
01-09-2012, 11:33 AM

We do have it in the UK (unfortunately)

The last one "starred" Gavin Henson. HA ha!

Anubis
01-09-2012, 11:44 AM
The speed of light is 299,792 km/s

The fastest train on earth is around 400km/s.

That means the fastest train on earth is only travelling 0.13% the speed of light. Still a very very long long way to go. The theory about the ball I fully agree with IF Einsteins theory of relitivity is correct (in which all evidence suggests it is other than the blip at CERN).

Dorian Gray
01-09-2012, 12:38 PM
B.MH. - Forum

A.MH. - Game