PDA

View Full Version : Camping is a waste of time

helpme
01-06-2012, 01:05 PM
Reading through all the advice given on this forum I
camped out in my 80s until I got a decent Attk/Def Score. Every time I leveled up from 90 I was
expecting the HL rival list but what happened? I am now at level 99 and the most I can see is level 102
but tons of levels below me down to 89. Mediocre hoods. Instead of robbing churches, Upperscales and
crematoriums the best I can do is fish and shoe stores and if I am lucky a Brownstone. Attk/Def of my
rivals are laughable and I attack and rob blindly. Waste of stamina. When I was in my 80s this game wasfun, now it sucks.

Certes
01-06-2012, 01:07 PM
The line for HLs has shifted with increased numbers of players in the 90s and 100s. When you get to about 110 or so, you should start seeing the high level hoods. In the meantime, keep upping your attack stats.....you're going to need it to get through some HL defenses.

Tramp Stamp
01-06-2012, 01:08 PM
You're leaving out the part where they completely changed rival list mechanics several times within the past week.

Whoopdido1980
01-06-2012, 01:10 PM
So you're good at this game. Congratulations.

Max Power
01-06-2012, 01:16 PM
Would you raher have lousy stats at your level or good ones?

Dorian Gray
01-06-2012, 01:18 PM
You're leaving out the part where they completely changed rival list mechanics several times within the past week.

That really doesn't even affect what he's saying really.

"Every time I leveled up from 90 I was
expecting the HL rival list but what happened?"

He was never going to start seeing all these HL players on his rivals list, they were going to see him.

Tramp Stamp
01-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Whoops, my bad.

helpme
01-06-2012, 02:10 PM
Got no attack/rob from someone higher than 102 as well..........

hunter
01-06-2012, 02:15 PM
1) Game changes quick.
2) Lousy guys give more advice than pro. Pros barely give advice because their advice is much more valuable.
3) You're cowardly camping after reading "advice" from weaklings. Only weaklings camp because they're weak, the strong camp just to weaken themselves.

Dorian Gray
01-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Got no attack/rob from someone higher than 102 as well..........

Now that's where Tramp's comment comes in to play.

Tramp Stamp
01-06-2012, 02:57 PM
1) Game changes quick.
2) Lousy guys give more advice than pro. Pros barely give advice because their advice is much more valuable.
3) You're cowardly camping after reading "advice" from weaklings. Only weaklings camp because they're weak, the strong camp just to weaken themselves.

You sure you're not Khung?

Dorian Gray
01-06-2012, 03:05 PM

Hey, we may end up reuniting twins separated at birth by the time this is all said and done.

Joeycool
01-06-2012, 03:15 PM
1) Game changes quick.

You wise man Hunter!

Wise man say man with hole in pocket feel cocky all day!

hunter
01-06-2012, 03:16 PM

You're sure I'm Khung ?

Joeycool
01-06-2012, 03:18 PM
You're sure I'm Khung ?

I'm sure you are not Khung... Khung gives out good advise and understands the game. Your comments suggest otherwise.

Nudie
01-06-2012, 03:28 PM
I have never been able to camp. Too passive. Fighting my way up the level at a steady clip. Being robbed & attacked constantly but still able to rob and attack in return as well. Great fun.

emcee
01-06-2012, 04:37 PM

There's no logic here. It is obvious anyone who camps for whatever duration is getting stronger. If your income increases you are getting stronger and not weakening yourself.

I wish more people follow your advice as you will make easy targets for anyone who exercise camping to any degree. People get too wound up or upset if they all of a sudden are losing or getting robbed more than before. This obviously means you are leveling way too fast and are no longer competitive. Stop all activities, camp, shore up your income base and defense. This isn't rocket science, it's common sense.

If you don't like losing, either camp or take out your credit card.

MadHattersMother
01-06-2012, 05:07 PM
I like camping for one reason.. I like to lay the beat down on plays that have spent a lot of gold on weapons, as I have not a single gold weapon in my game

J.J.
01-06-2012, 05:09 PM
My "good pal" who's level 112 is camping to avoid me which is lame. He even taunted me by posting on my wall that I can't get him anymore. How can he see me & I can't see him?

MadHattersMother
01-06-2012, 05:09 PM
Actually I don't camp but I keep on meaning too. But im too busy farming M4's and owning golden boys pVp

Tramp Stamp
01-06-2012, 05:41 PM
My "good pal" who's level 112 is camping to avoid me which is lame. He even taunted me by posting on my wall that I can't get him anymore. How can he see me & I can't see him?

He's probably replying to a post of yours located on a mutual mafia member's wall.

JimmyShines
01-06-2012, 06:04 PM
You're sure I'm Khung ?

Why yes, yes it is you, Khung, and may I say welcome back (or you never really left).

No issues, glad your here, I've enjoyed some of your insight into the game.

Now, why do I know your Khung, you posted pics of your equipment list, which matchs what hunter has as well.... kinda like a finger print.

I like the 2 Ricci rings you have, how do you find the drop rate?

Duke.0
01-06-2012, 06:22 PM
The only time i camp is when i'm in a forest and i have a tent with me. I sit around the camp fire and tell stories and eat marshmallow smores and roast hotdogs on a stick. Drink a few beers and just have fun. Maybe do some fishing or swim in a river or stream.....

Do i camp in crime city..? No. I don't find it a good use of time esp. when you want to farm for items, complete goals and just flat out play the game. Whats the point of camping? Perhaps to increase your income per hour? That's not a good enough reason as you can increase your income and progress through the game too.

Joeycool
01-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Camping is pretty useful at lower levels... I know i had too because I leveled up too quick.

I dont camp now though!

Penutt
01-06-2012, 07:37 PM

Whatever happened to good ole Khung?

whocareswhatmynameis
01-06-2012, 07:41 PM
agree with joeycool (as usual!)

camping is actually quite useful at lower levels. there are different flavors of camping- my favorite is robbing only laundromats (this allows you to level up slowly while accumulating RPs). camping at higher levels is discouraged as you miss out on access to constructing as well as robbing lucrative money buildings.

hunter
01-06-2012, 08:29 PM
I like the 2 Ricci rings you have, how do you find the drop rate?

The drop rate for Ricci Family Rings (18/23) is poor & the energy spent is worse than Dreadlock Garrote (20/9).

Farming boss the chance you get the worst item is high, if you don't know how to get the best item, do not try.

I'm waiting for new items unlocked by Funzio, without that no way to improve stats. Improve stats by explosives is temporary solution, but it's not a good choice.

emcee
01-06-2012, 08:39 PM
Camping is always useful in theory. However, chances are as you approach higher levels and have never had the discipline to camp it may be already too late as rivals may have already camped significantly before you and are now in your level range and hence will overpower you at ease. Also, you may be losing a significant amount to robberies so camping will take much longer.

It is never too late to camp but the further you level up the harder it will be to see gains. If you don't care about others robbing you, attacking you and stats in general then enjoy the game (mission narrative, etc) and don't camp. However, if it bothers you at all that you are losing fights or getting robbed (and there are many threads in this forum) then you have no other option but to camp or spend some real dollars. You can increase your income by not camping but any leveling will expose you to stronger adversaries which will make any nominal income gains counterproductive.

Crime City imo is not a race as there is no finish line.

hunter
01-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Why yes, yes it is you, Khung, and may I say welcome back (or you never really left).

I got the feeling that you're Khung. the way you know about the game is not like other & you appear when he ready to leave, or he never really leave, just another avatar.

Max Power
01-07-2012, 04:22 AM
What kind of freak creates two accounts on an iPod video game forum.......

hunter
01-07-2012, 04:24 AM
@xclusive, what is your def skill points ?

JimmyShines
01-07-2012, 06:58 AM
I got the feeling that you're Khung. the way you know about the game is not like other & you appear when he ready to leave, or he never really leave, just another avatar.

You wish...:o

Screenshot of Khung's post for the M4A1 and the last link to a screen shot he took of his items list before he hit 500 M4A1's

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/--YW2-h24kBw/TwhbhMz4LXI/AAAAAAAAANE/vkBn5Tj3FaE/s512/Khung%252520M4%252520post.jpg

The image from that link (I wonder if Khung/Hunter will now remove it)

http://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-2ls25lVoG4k/TwhbhOVImfI/AAAAAAAAANA/5J4zP_XtVPM/s640/c5c6d.jpg

The screen grab of hunter's current items list (take a look at all the other items in his list for the arrangement and quantity, it's like a finger print)

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-uUpEZxypOpU/TwhbgmDLXtI/AAAAAAAAAM0/PjQrYqKGpYY/s640/hunter%252520item%252520list.jpg

JimmyShines
01-07-2012, 06:59 AM
Last but not least, the stats screen for the mighty hunter/Khung

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-qOnoRQJYxxE/TwhbgmuvwzI/AAAAAAAAAMw/xAYx0Hx-_es/s640/hunter%252520stats.jpg

hunter
01-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Jimmy, I could not see those screenshots from my browser, not sure how others ???
It's funny to prove I'm Khung. Could you please upload it to somewhere I could see ? Like a free upload site.

Joeycool
01-07-2012, 07:41 AM
Jimmyshines = Columbo

whocareswhatmynameis
01-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Jimmyshines = Columbo

JimmyShines = Sherlock Holmes ;)

hunter
01-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Case closed :). I will send my M4A1 pic to you Sherlock. Just a minute.

Edit: Anyone know how to upload an image, please tell me, I can't upload to this forum.

Max Power
01-07-2012, 08:19 AM
LOL....I knew it. I float causation, Jimmy closes with correlation.

Brilliant.

hunter
01-07-2012, 08:37 AM
Jimmy, this is my M4A1s from my profile. I really don't see what in your photos, can't tell if you're right or not.

http://www.imgplace.com/viewimg18/3766/99hunterm4a1.jpg

Max is obsessed by Khung, I want to leave him happy a little more but sorry Max, it's not what you think.

Cooz
01-07-2012, 08:40 AM
I suppose we're way off topic now, but to reiterate, yes, I kind of hoped when I got to a point where HLs could see me, I could see them. It's complete and utter BS. I'm sick and tired of being robbed by guys 10 levels higher than me with 4,000 less atk than my defense, but all I get are my level and lower, who have literally 50 percent of the income I do.

The people who attack me have ****ty incomes as well, so I feel like I'm f'n welfare for the weak and poor of this game.

dudeman
01-07-2012, 09:10 AM
I suppose we're way off topic now, but to reiterate, yes, I kind of hoped when I got to a point where HLs could see me, I could see them. It's complete and utter BS. I'm sick and tired of being robbed by guys 10 levels higher than me with 4,000 less atk than my defense, but all I get are my level and lower, who have literally 50 percent of the income I do.

The people who attack me have ****ty incomes as well, so I feel like I'm f'n welfare for the weak and poor of this game.

I might know why that is.

I just now spotted a ripe upscale in your hood, for the second time. I'm not trying for it because you're from the forum and your stats beat mine, but I sure am tempted!

Cooz
01-07-2012, 09:30 AM
I might know why that is.

I just now spotted a ripe upscale in your hood, for the second time. I'm not trying for it because you're from the forum and your stats beat mine, but I sure am tempted!

Yeah, I don't blame them (or you) for robbing me, I'm pissed I don't get anyone good to rob back.

Thanks for the heads up though! lol Life gets in the way...my collection synch is all effed up. Two little pansies tried and failed.

hunter
01-07-2012, 09:37 AM
I'm sick and tired of being robbed by guys 10 levels higher than me with 4,000 less atk than my defense

You meant your total defense 4k > their total atk points ?

It does not mean your rob defense > their atk points. Total defense is easy to build but if you separate rob defense & fight defense, they are both weaker than you could imagine.

Cooz
01-07-2012, 09:42 AM
You meant your total defense 4k > their total atk points ?

It does not mean your rob defense > their atk points. Total defense is easy to build but if you separate rob defense & fight defense, they are both weaker than you could imagine.

Haven't done the math in a while, so I'm not sure exactly what it is, nor do I care. My point isn't to whine about them robbing me, it's the fact they're far weaker players than me, have 10 levels on me and have free reign to rob huge income players. I get super excited if I see a level 5 ice cream shop to rob. That's about as good as it gets for me.

They're going to rob me. That's fine. I reduce my expected collection dollar amount by 30 percent to make up for the fact I'll be robbed. But while these guys take 10s of thousands of me each day, if I was really bored, I'd be able to make maybe $2,000 in a round of 47 stamina.

Simply put, if they can see me on their fight list, why can't I see them on mine? The individuals attacking me are pussies (low incomes, low defense), but I'm sure there are strong level 110+ players from whom I can take a nice chunk of change.

hunter
01-07-2012, 09:47 AM
if they can see me on their fight list, why can't I see them on mine
Check the news for those who robbed you.

The good reason for you not to see the HLs is it makes your rival list become a "giants list" where you can attack/rob a few people, and then you will complain why Funzio show you a very difficult rival list, it took you a whole day to find a good target.... (that what happened)

Cooz
01-07-2012, 10:46 AM
The individuals attacking me are pussies (low incomes, low defense).

Do me a favor, let me worry about what I'll complain about, ok? I'd rather have a high risk/high reward fight list than having to continuously rob nothing but Italian restaurants.

Yes, I know the amount of respect they give. It's boring after a while. All my streak goals are done, I don't really care if I win or lose, I'd just rather have some competition.

Cooz
01-07-2012, 10:47 AM
Check the news for those who robbed you.

The good reason for you not to see the HLs is it makes your rival list become a "giants list" where you can attack/rob a few people, and then you will complain why Funzio show you a very difficult rival list, it took you a whole day to find a good target.... (that what happened)

Just so you know, too, I've been in this forum for four months, and I'm over level 100. I know how to play the game, and I know how to attack people from your news. When they have $10k incomes, I'm not getting anything from them.

SupremeFaze
01-07-2012, 10:54 AM
IM ALMOST AT LEVEL 100 WHAT KINDA STATS SHOULD I BE AT? I GOT LIKE 8000 ATK/ 9000 D
all im saying is imma animal 774 936 931 i level up by 2 daily.

Cooz
01-07-2012, 11:53 AM
IM ALMOST AT LEVEL 100 WHAT KINDA STATS SHOULD I BE AT? I GOT LIKE 8000 ATK/ 9000 D
all im saying is imma animal 774 936 931 i level up by 2 daily.

Ok, THIS guy is exactly what I'm talking about. He'll rob me and win.

What's your income, SupremeFaze?

DCjG
01-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Cooz,
I think the best thing to do is to level up a bit to gain better targets. I was struggling for decent targets at 100 but I have much better targets now at 110. Of course, it won't always be like this as good targets are constantly leveling as well.

Nudie
01-08-2012, 12:07 AM
At higher levels (100+) it gets much harder to find good buildings to rob. I usually have to go thru ten hoods or more before finding one with a halfway decent building to rob. As such, most of my Stam is used for PvP.

Duke.0
01-08-2012, 12:48 AM
I gave up on robbing people a while ago, instead i go with fights. I'm level 91.

Reason being i can't find any decent buildings to rob, or there is no $$ over them because they are not up for collection. Seems like people past 90 don't miss many collections on important buildings.

Fights get me several things:
1. Respect
2. Items
3. Money

When robbing a building you only get money and respect, but no items to improve your mafia. So for now, i stick to fights :)

Anubis
01-08-2012, 03:22 AM
Cooz: Your stats are very impressive for your level. Your att defence can't be that much lower than your profile defence, You will find ppl with att around 16-17K will still rob you pretty easily. With att Below that they will try anything for a bit of $$$ even if it means using 10 stamina for one hit on your upscale club.

If your 12/24's arn't synced then just sync them. The rest in your hood is only low relitively low income in comparison so who cares if they get robbed? Thats the way I see it anyway.

Also, What levels are you seeing at 101? Im 118 and see 104 to 134, but around 85% of the list is levels 105-110 (8 levels below me). It seems as I level up right now my list isn't changing.

Regarding Hunter being Khung: I also think he is. Khung/Hunter was very obsessed with the Ricci rings ^^ would make sence you'd farm them after your M4 completions :P

hunter
01-08-2012, 05:09 AM
I got these 2 ricci rings long before finishing M4A1s quest, just a few days after the area introduced to public. I'm lucky that I got these 2 items without getting other stupid items from the boss.

Ricci Family Rings is not worth looting for melee weapons, should go for Dreadlock Garrote. However to equip mass strong melee weapons, Stone Hammer is the first choice.

hunter
01-08-2012, 05:21 AM
After getting 500 M4A1s, I'm stuck in finding next target, not sure how Khung doing next. I saw Lana with 500 M4, 100 Stone hammers, that's good. Then saw 1 guy with 500 M4 & 500 Stone Hammer. However I still question, what's next ?

Anyone know what next after M4A1 & Stone hammers ?

Max Power
01-08-2012, 06:29 AM
After getting 500 M4A1s, I'm stuck in finding next target, not sure how Khung doing next. I saw Lana with 500 M4, 100 Stone hammers, that's good. Then saw 1 guy with 500 M4 & 500 Stone Hammer. However I still question, what's next ?

Anyone know what next after M4A1 & Stone hammers ?

If your defense needs a little boost maybe NATO Gas masks?

sez
01-08-2012, 06:38 AM
At higher levels (100+) it gets much harder to find good buildings to rob. I usually have to go thru ten hoods or more before finding one with a halfway decent building to rob. As such, most of my Stam is used for PvP.

Agree 100% I don't even waste my time looking anymore

MadHattersMother
01-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Yep same for me. Much easier to pull up rivals list work your way down it attacking blindly until you blow your load all over your enemy's news feeds . It takes me about 3 min before I'm empty and have run out of stamina and need a rest. So much more time efficient that robbing!

Cooz
01-08-2012, 07:37 AM
Your stats are very impressive for your level.

Thank you. I had a six-month plan, and it's worked pretty well so far.

With att Below that they will try anything for a bit of $$$ even if it means using 10 stamina for one hit on your upscale club.

Yeah, I know, I never said I had a problem with people robbing me. It's how the game works. I would do the same thing. But that's where my problem lies; I CANNOT do the same thing because I don't have anyone around me with that kind of an income. My complaint is rooted in the fact higher levels can see me on their fight list, and I can only see 99-101. I apologize if I'm offending any of my similar-level colleagues, but the vast majority of them are like the guy who posted above, 9k def, and probably less than that in per-hour income. I just want the same opportunity to rob people.

And yes, Hunter is Khung, from the borderline comical English, to the blunt advice no one asked for, to the sense of superiority, if they're not the same guy, they're related.

I don't hate Khung or Hunter, I don't know why he would want to have two accounts on here, but he's entertaining and provides a lot of insight into the game - whether you asked for it or not.

hunter
01-08-2012, 08:16 AM
And yes, Hunter is Khung, from the borderline comical English, to the blunt advice no one asked for, to the sense of superiority, if they're not the same guy, they're related.

like what ? twin brothers ? cut the crap Sherlocks, this game is played by millions people, you could find thousands players speak/write like Khung, he is not such distinct.

However, it's fun to play Sherlock, beside reading questions/whining/complaining from newbie players.

MadHattersMother
01-08-2012, 09:02 AM
like what ? twin brothers ? cut the crap Sherlocks, this game is played by millions people, you could find thousands players speak/write like Khung, he is not such distinct.

However, it's fun to play Sherlock, beside reading questions/whining/complaining from newbie players.

Wish you were Khung... Tho he,s kinda cool....

hunter
01-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Nah, Khung hide his identity well, if he return to this forum in another identity, he would never choose the forum nick which is same as game nick like me.

schnuffler
01-08-2012, 01:45 PM
I'll camp when I get to level 200.

My stats sucked when I was in the 60's, 70's until I started concentrating on them. My attack was < 1700. Now I'm at lvl 120 and my attack is 20,000 +.

Anubis
01-08-2012, 02:03 PM
I'll camp when I get to level 200.

My stats sucked when I was in the 60's, 70's until I started concentrating on them. My attack was < 1700. Now I'm at lvl 120 and my attack is 20,000 +.

Im seriously thinking at 125 Im ognna stop all energey/stamina (except maybe LMs?, and building massive income.

Massive income = Hardcore $$$ weapons.

schnuffler
01-08-2012, 02:09 PM
Im seriously thinking at 125 Im ognna stop all energey/stamina (except maybe LMs?, and building massive income.

Massive income = Hardcore $$$ weapons.

That's when you buy your Gentlemans Clubs?

I'm hoping to have two condo's built by the time I get to 125, get my gentlemans clubs and then build a couple of hotels. That should push my income to close to $150k an hour.

What's your income at the moment?

Anubis
01-08-2012, 02:11 PM
125k, but i bought 2 rock cafes and 2 taverns.#

Edit: I also sold a few taverns for 7M each to build a Night club (and other stuff). 148 hours for the night club build time, pissed me off.

MadHattersMother
01-08-2012, 02:41 PM
You have 148 hours to clean up the mess of a hood of yours. It will look pimp if you delete a ton of buildings you don't need and put an artistic touch too it. Check out the creatives section get some ideas....

Seriously if I had a night club i would make my hood look amazing!!! Uv spent the cash now it's time too pimp your hood!!!

MadHattersMother
01-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Unless the feeble attempt I see now is your BEST attempt. If so I'm sorry I mentioned the above ;)