PDA

View Full Version : Bounty Hunter

sorgum
01-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Have you been repeatedly attacked attacked by a rival and then frustrated by an inability to get revenge? Maybe you don't have the time camp out on CC, or they have a defense only hood? Well at some point those players will be holding some cash and that is exact moment to strike! But to catch them at the exact moment requires persistent camping on their hood and rival profile.

I would like to introduce the concept of a bounty. If you have the time (and are at the right level to find the target in your rival list) to camp out and attack the target, provide proof in the form of screen shots, then you would be rewarded with gold bars (iTunes gift card, paypal or some other mechanism).

Anyone else be interested in working as a bounty hunter? Anyone else be willing to employ a bounty hunter?

Tramp Stamp
01-06-2012, 01:06 PM
I think this game needs more social aspects in general. Bounty hunters, watch guards, raids, etc.

Nudie
01-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Just wondering. If I camp out at a rival's hood, will his buildings "mature" or refresh whilst I am camping there hence allowing me to rob his buildings the moment they are available to be robbed? Or do I need to leave and then revisit their hood to be able to see the effects of any refresh? Sometimes I leave and then they are gone from my rival list hence difficult to find again. I hope I'm making sense.

downrange
01-06-2012, 03:57 PM
I was thinking of a suggestion for a while now regarding robberies. What if defense buildings could be "robbed" for RP (kinda like unit buildings in MW)? And, what if that took 20/40/60% (20% per hit) off the defense value of that building for the hood owner, until they clicked it to restore (no cost, again like MW unit buildings)?

I think that'd encourage teaming and group raids where folks could work together to do damage and then successfully attack a HL player that might otherwise be untouchable. It'd add a further dimension to defense buildings where they are only working at full capacity if "manned" (player restores their value with a click), etc.

I donno, hadn't thought it fully through enough to post in the Suggestions area yet, but this thread was edging close enough that I thought I'd put a feeler out there - see if folks think there's anything to the concept.

downrange
01-06-2012, 04:02 PM
The full concept includes incentive to FUNZIO, like "hey, do this and you'll give folks a time-critical impulse-driven reason to spend gold on things like stamina refills!" etc.

But it'd be a lot of work and a big change.

And sorry for diverting your thread sorgum - I'll repost my contribution in the suggestions section once I'm actually ready (which means probably never, heh).

G Wiz
01-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Just wondering. If I camp out at a rival's hood, will his buildings "mature" or refresh whilst I am camping there hence allowing me to rob his buildings the moment they are available to be robbed? Or do I need to leave and then revisit their hood to be able to see the effects of any refresh? Sometimes I leave and then they are gone from my rival list hence difficult to find again. I hope I'm making sense.Curious about this too

JimmyShines
01-06-2012, 04:15 PM
No, even when they do refresh, your client will still say you can't rob them, you must reload there hood for the rob flags to reset.