PDA

View Full Version : Finding LOW LEVEL mafia players

Durantular
01-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Im on level 100+, and most people I see on my rival list have 400-500 mafia..

Then every so often.. I'll see a full rival list of players with 20-150 mafia!

It's so good, just wondering.. Is there a trick to get this sort of list up? If so.. I'd like to do it more than once a day..

Whoopdido1980
01-05-2012, 08:43 AM
The same thing happens to me every now and then. I'm only at level 70 and have like 310 mafia members, but every now and then my rivals list will show players that have like 70 mafia members. Then it'll go right back to normal.

hunter
01-05-2012, 08:51 AM
such a coward!! only aim to weak & defenseless people. how to show this person in my rival list everyday, I would like to f*ck him a few times/day.

Dorian Gray
01-05-2012, 09:01 AM
such a coward!! only aim to weak & defenseless people. how to show this person in my rival list everyday, I would like to f*ck him a few times/day.

Isn't it more cowardly to try and hide by keeping your mafia small, just sayin'.

hunter
01-05-2012, 09:03 AM
they don't hide, no one can hide in this game, the rival list show people with similar stats, if you are 500 mobs and ask to fight those 20-150 mobs, it's coward. But if you are 20 mobs & fight 20 mobs, it's fair.

Dorian Gray
01-05-2012, 09:12 AM
they don't hide, no one can hide in this game, the rival list show people with similar stats, if you are 500 mobs and ask to fight those 20-150 mobs, it's coward. But if you are 20 mobs & fight 20 mobs, it's fair.

Getting matched with people of similar stats is not my experience at all.
I get matched with people within one level of my own regardless of what peoples stats are.
I see people with 3000/6000 atk/def all the way up to 15000/16000.
And always people with full mafia like me.

Whoopdido1980
01-05-2012, 09:21 AM
Getting matched with people of similar stats is not my experience at all.
I get matched with people within one level of my own regardless of what peoples stats are.
I see people with 3000/6000 atk/def all the way up to 15000/16000.
And always people with full mafia like me.

Yeah exactly. Only when this bug happens do I see rivals with mafia much lower than me, but I see rivals that have over 1000 mafia to my 300. I know you can only take 500 to a fight, but that's still 200 more than me. And I see rivals that have 5-6K more attack and defense than I do. They're all within 2 levels of me though, so what can you do. Some people are better at this game and some people are worse. If you've played the game well and have 5K more attack than the other rivals at your level then more power to you. It's not like he's level 100 and looking to attack people at level 30. The goal of this game is to win fights and you do that by attacking rivals that are weaker than you. The game tries to keep it fair by only allowing you to attack rivals that are within a couple levels of you until you get to the really high levels apparently.

Tramp Stamp
01-05-2012, 09:23 AM
Isn't it more cowardly to try and hide by keeping your mafia small, just sayin'.

Something I find interesting about this forum is the polarization of just about everything. I think the logical answer is to grow mafia gradually as resources become available, but the specific advice offered seems to be one of "add everyone, max it out immediately, even if you don't have equipment" and "keep it at 25 forever, never add anybody".

Lager
01-05-2012, 09:40 AM
For me seeing people with alot less mafia then me would be no good for completing my Championship round (38) goals.
The goal now for me is to fight and win 75 consecutive fights against players with 420 or more mafia.

I only have 387 in my mafia now.

BTW, players on my level (77) can only use 385 mafia anyway...lol.

hunter
01-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Yeah exactly. Only when this bug happens do I see rivals with mafia much lower than me, but I see rivals that have over 1000 mafia to my 300. I know you can only take 500 to a fight, but that's still 200 more than me. And I see rivals that have 5-6K more attack and defense than I do. They're all within 2 levels of me though, so what can you do. Some people are better at this game and some people are worse. If you've played the game well and have 5K more attack than the other rivals at your level then more power to you. It's not like he's level 100 and looking to attack people at level 30. The goal of this game is to win fights and you do that by attacking rivals that are weaker than you. The game tries to keep it fair by only allowing you to attack rivals that are within a couple levels of you until you get to the really high levels apparently.

you have 300 mobs & you see people with 500 mobs. It does not mean people with 500 mobs can see you in their rival list.

I have 500 mobs & I see all 500 mobs, I don't see anyone with 300 mobs.

Anyway, those who ask to attack weaklings are coward.

Dorian Gray
01-05-2012, 09:42 AM
Something I find interesting about this forum is the polarization of just about everything. I think the logical answer is to grow mafia gradually as resources become available, but the specific advice offered seems to be one of "add everyone, max it out immediately, even if you don't have equipment" and "keep it at 25 forever, never add anybody".

Just as a single data point from someone under lvl 90:
I've always used full mafia for my level and have a 7558/303 W/L ratio and 90% of my losses came from when I thought it was atk # vs atk # very early in the game.
That's not to say the small mafia strategy doesn't work for people, I'm sure it does. I think that's why you get the polarized advice. Both strats have merit.

Tramp Stamp
01-05-2012, 09:44 AM
That's not to say the small mafia strategy doesn't work for people, I'm sure it does. I think that's why you get the polarized advice. Both strats have merit.

Sure, but I mean I rarely see something like "start small, grow big". Everyone seems to advocate "start big, stay big" or "start small, stay small".

dudeman
01-05-2012, 09:45 AM

I agree, people here can be extremists. The game is like that though. I wanted to build my mafia slowly, only adding people as I could afford to equip them, but my rivals list started showing me only players with maxed mafia, so I had to max out too and just use the garbage equipment I didn't want to keep using. There were a few thousand stat points in my garbage though, so I wonder if the game could see that I had available stats going unused.

Either way, I had a smallish mafia (under 300) and my stats were comparable to my rivals pre-list change. Seemed fair to me. But then I got matched with rivals who had stats where mine should have been. So the game forced me to go to one extreme. I never thought of having a small mafia as a tactic, I just though it was something that made logical sense. There isn't much point to having a large unequipped mafia.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-05-2012, 09:49 AM
Sure, but I mean I rarely see something like "start small, grow big". Everyone seems to advocate "start big, stay big" or "start small, stay small".

it makes sense to start small at the beginning and expanding slowly as resources allow. i initially had 50 mafia, slowly expanded to 100, then 200. currently, i am at maximum size for my level. this strategy worked perfectly for me.

Dorian Gray
01-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Anyway, those who ask to attack weaklings are coward.

Don't hunter's take very powerful weapons into the wild to kill animals that have no way of protecting themselves.
Not that I have anything against hunting. I just thought that was a funny comment coming from someone with your name. lol

MadHattersMother
01-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Don't hunter's take very powerful weapons into the wild to kill animals that have no way of protecting themselves.
Not that I have anything against hunting. I just thought that was a funny comment coming from someone with your name. lol

Depends on the animal you like to hunt and the weapon you choose

Max Power
01-05-2012, 10:47 AM
Has anyone ever seen Hunter and Khung in the same room?

Just sayin.....

hunter
01-05-2012, 10:54 AM

Just sayin.....

who is Khung ? your father ?

Max Power
01-05-2012, 10:57 AM
Nice try Khung....LOL!

hunter
01-05-2012, 11:01 AM
you're such a psycho!!! sick.

hunter
01-05-2012, 11:07 AM
hey Max, since you're a psycho, don't tell everyone I'm Payam/Anubis/Madhatter/your father/Khung/ etc. I'm hunter, read it ? I'm hunter, remember that name.

Max Power
01-05-2012, 11:14 AM
When it pops up in green I'll make note.

Dorian Gray
01-05-2012, 11:20 AM
hey Max, since you're a psycho, don't tell everyone I'm Payam/Anubis/Madhatter/your father/Khung/ etc. I'm hunter, read it ? I'm hunter, remember that name.

I think thou doth protest too much!

whocareswhatmynameis
01-05-2012, 11:22 AM

Just sayin.....

speaking of khung... it's been a while since i read his post. i wonder if he gave up on the forum and/or CC ...

Lager
01-05-2012, 11:26 AM
I have not seen him since he said good bye for the holidays.

Tramp Stamp
01-05-2012, 11:28 AM
speaking of khung... it's been a while since i read his post. i wonder if he gave up on the forum and/or CC ...

He did announce he was going on vacation:

I will leave for vacation after this post, good luck to you all. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-05-2012, 11:31 AM

i kinda miss his quirky yet enlightening posts

dudeman
01-05-2012, 11:31 AM

I wonder if he meant a vacation from the forum.

hunter
01-05-2012, 11:55 AM
such addicting game make you play it everyday, but when you leave it for one or two weeks, you don't want to play it anymore. I hope I could quit for one week.

Durantular
01-05-2012, 10:13 PM
Hunter.. How am I a coward for enjoying some free loot? I'm not scared to rob others on my mafia size. Infact, I have been robbing people with 500+ mafia since I've had 300. I've been forced to grow because of this, but never stopped robbing.

Are you telling me if you seen someone with 10,000 less defence than your attack with a level 4 loft to rob, you'd ignore it because you'd be a coward?

...I think not.

hunter
01-05-2012, 10:38 PM
you are not suppose to fight those 10k less def than your atk in this game. asking for that ? go play toys with kids.

Nudie
01-06-2012, 12:35 AM
I usually don't even pay attention to the size of my rivals' mob. I just compare their defense versus my attack and make my decision based solely on that.

Durantular
01-06-2012, 05:42 AM
you are not suppose to fight those 10k less def than your atk in this game. asking for that ? go play toys with kids.

Are you joking? It's a bloody game. You think I've upset them beyond belief to the point where they just cannot open the app because of the trauma of being robbed my someone they can't fight back?

Boo hoo. It's a game and funzio provided that rival list to me, so I took it.

And yeh, I'll ask for it again. I'll take all the free loot I can get.

Max Power
01-06-2012, 07:02 AM
I usually don't even pay attention to the size of my rivals' mob. I just compare their defense versus my attack and make my decision based solely on that.

^^This^^

And I fight people with 10k less than me that are on my level all the time. Am I supposed to lay off them too because they don't know how to play the game?

whocareswhatmynameis
01-06-2012, 08:31 AM
i find it amusing how some feel their game style is correct and others are wrong. i don't think there is a singular right way of playing the game. each to his own.

Ghost3
01-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Personally I liked starting small on mafia size early in the game. Made it easier to camp, spent money on better items since I had to buy less, and it kept my rival list generally around my mob total which made me a lot stronger then most. Once you hit 80+ though at least under the new rival list, doesn't matter what you keep, you see people around your level with ranges of mafia probly because the herd has thinned considerably at that point

Durantular
01-06-2012, 05:45 PM
^^This^^

And I fight people with 10k less than me that are on my level all the time. Am I supposed to lay off them too because they don't know how to play the game?

Exactly my point. If it helps them learn a lesson, then all the better.

If not.. Not really the attackers problem.