PDA

View Full Version : Arrrg. The $1 Robberies are killing me

sorgum
01-04-2012, 06:55 PM
I love to rob rival hoods. A lot of the buildings can be robbed three times, but the third and final robbery only nets $1. I hate finding a juicy target like a level 7 warehouse and getting excited to win $3000, but then discover some other robber has left me with the lame $1 final payout....

mongorie
01-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Yea.. its a real downer when you've been sifting through rivals for 10-20mins and you've finally come across something good to rob... it's almost unsportsman like to leave the final $1 imho

Whoopdido1980
01-04-2012, 07:49 PM
I always stop after 2 robberies. Once I figured out the third time was just for a buck I stopped wasting the stamina.

dudeman
01-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Usually the buildings that can be robbed thrice have a decent respect payout, so people who leave the third robbery are ignoring a more valuable in game currency than cash.

Leave the $1, I'll take it!

Babytway
01-04-2012, 07:53 PM
exactly, if i can rob the warehouse or clothing store 3 times i will happily take that dollar and 10+ respect that comes with it, if someone leaves it for me i will happily take it also

DCjG
01-04-2012, 07:54 PM
While this happens with cash buildings, you almost never see it with respect buildings since the players hitting those could care less about the actual cash. I hit every level 1 clothing store I find down to the last hit.

In this case hitting a warehouse for a dollar doesn't hurt so bad since it high respect as well and pays that out each hit (unless it doesn't... Which annoys me far more.)

dudeman
01-04-2012, 07:56 PM
exactly, if i can rob the warehouse or clothing store 3 times i will happily take that dollar and 10+ respect that comes with it, if someone leaves it for me i will happily take it also

I only rob for respect coins. That might change if I ever find a loaded hood, but I think I'm in limbo land right now... So thanks to everyone who upgrades their laundromats to level 9+.

While this happens with cash buildings, you almost never see it with respect buildings since the players hitting those could care less about the actual cash. I hit every level 1 clothing store I find down to the last hit.

In this case hitting a warehouse for a dollar doesn't hurt so bad since it high respect as well and pays that out each hit (unless it doesn't... Which annoys me far more.)

I hate it when you rob a place and get no coins! Respect coins are like drugs. The people who want them will go right to the last hit and still crave more.

Btw, I think I started seeing you in my rival list DCjG.

Nudie
01-04-2012, 08:05 PM
I also rob primarily for the respect. But I'll take the cash too if it drops. Heh...

Whoopdido1980
01-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Didn't think about that. I'm a fool to not rob that warehouse or meat factory the third time. Thanks for the advice.

whocareswhatmynameis
01-04-2012, 10:21 PM
agree with above about not neglecting respect farming during robbery even if cash yield is $1.

remember: 1RP ~ $35K (estimate using yamaha bike purchase)

downrange
01-05-2012, 12:53 AM
Regarding the third hit... has there been a determination of the effect on the victim?

I'm robbing for respect down in the level 70s and 80s range and still looking not to level too quickly, so I focus on the Laundrymats (level seven is my favorite, as it only gives 1 XP, but very often 3 RP and rarely less than 2 RP), Sushi Bar (which also give >1 RP to XP ratio, if level 2 or above), Seafood which can also do the same but only after level 3 or 4 i think, etc etc. And I generally also hit the "even ratio" buildings that are 1 RP per 1 XP - except they do seem to miss the occasional RP since a few weeks back. However, when I am pressed for time, less than 10 stamina left and come across an untended hood with a dozen buildings of the types just mentioned... I will work my way down, then selectively hit the "even ratio" buildings favoring the ones that pay the most cash and stop at two hits each. Why not maximize cash where the RP is the same?

I've justified this in part by guessing that hitting twice may leave more for the victim, dampening their loss.

I know at times my own missed collections that have been robbed have seemed to be at different amounts, even for the same building type. I didn't pay enough attention at the time (I'll be collecting as fast as i can at a time like that), but I do recall a thread where some of the discussion was about why do owners only get 40% collection of a building when the robber only gets 40% too, and where does the rest go.

Since then, I've assumed that the owner loses 20% per hit, and that the robber is supposed to get 20% per hit, but that the third hit may be perpetually calculated wrong [I assume someone at some point has submitted this $1-3 thing as a bug, but haven't checked]. I have no idea if the buildings you can only hit twice leave 40% or 60% for the owner, or if I'm even on the right track at all. It was basically just a thought I had that might fill in the gaps, and if it's right or not, it's at least served to justify my occasionally leaving the third hit alone in the situation I described above. I prefer to think that I'm leaving a possible extra 20% collection for the owner, not that I'm leaving a bucket of disappointment for the next robber. Does that make me an optimistic criminal? Generous? Caring? hah.

Anyway, anyone happen to actually know?

Anubis
01-05-2012, 02:13 AM
Im pretty sure its not a bug, just another aspect of the game. If it was a bug it would have been sorted out long ago. I often wondered however if the 3rd hit took another 20% off the rivals income meaning they lose 80% if it has been hit 3 times.

That would mean you can use it a deplete your rivals income even more even tho you gain no $ value from it.

I spent a longtime on lvl 7+ LM's - got so boring it nearly made me quit but it is somewhat needed to build a strong hood at that stage of the game.

MadHattersMother
01-05-2012, 03:11 AM
That or spend £350 on the game. Build gold buildings then sell them and buy 400 steel garrotes (an item that you can buy with ingame) currency. Then hive out advise on the forums claiming you know what your doing....

Max Power
01-05-2012, 04:43 AM
While at upper levels I will hit that warehouse or loft a 3rd time for the respect points, at lower levels the XP points would cause you to level up pretty fast.

And every building I have ever had robbed has only given me my 40%. I think a 20% vig is just built into the game, regardless of whether there are 2 or three hits. Interesting thought though.

Cooz
01-05-2012, 05:12 AM
Usually the buildings that can be robbed thrice have a decent respect payout, so people who leave the third robbery are ignoring a more valuable in game currency than cash.

Leave the $1, I'll take it!

No, it's mine!

dudeman
01-05-2012, 07:17 AM
Im pretty sure its not a bug, just another aspect of the game. If it was a bug it would have been sorted out long ago. I often wondered however if the 3rd hit took another 20% off the rivals income meaning they lose 80% if it has been hit 3 times.

That would mean you can use it a deplete your rivals income even more even tho you gain no $ value from it.

I spent a longtime on lvl 7+ LM's - got so boring it nearly made me quit but it is somewhat needed to build a strong hood at that stage of the game.

I'm playing the laundromat game right now. I'm also experiencing a bug where I repeatedly receive the XP reward for a goal whenever I buy an item, but that's all I get! 80 XP for buying an item. I already emailed Funzio that this is BS, since my whole strategy right now is to slow down how fast I gain levels while building my stats. Every time I buy a new item I get notification that I completed a goal (stat goal) and I get the XP portion of the reward. This completely undermines the whole point of trying to build stats while NOT gaining levels. How am I supposed to stay at the same level when buying weapons to increase stats is giving me XP?!

Why is it, Funzio devs, that every time I decide on a new strategy, a new bug magically appears that totally defeats the purpose of my new strategy?! Big fat jerks! I'm going to start my own Crime City iOS app, with hookers and blackjack... in fact, forget the app!

No, it's mine!

Ha, you would have liked the five or six Lv10 LMs I hit this morning... For $1 each!

hunter
01-05-2012, 07:37 AM
I don't really care about robbing money if the building is not a night club. If the robbed building returns 10 respect points & $1 / rob, it's ok, no problem, I rob for respect points & 10 rp/rob is many.

Tramp Stamp
01-05-2012, 09:11 AM
If it was a bug it would have been sorted out long ago.

You mean like the collection timer bug that's in both of their games? Ooooo burn.

downrange
01-05-2012, 10:20 AM
When MW came out I was pleased to see that 'raiding' made more sense [to me]. The 'third hit' there seems to be consistently implemented, and is double the value of the first two hits. To me that seems more 'right' - make someone work for an extra prize vs. get shafted with a tiny reward for spending a full three stamina. I suppose I hoped that indicated Funzio had got their math/coding right, and that we'd see a similar 'fix' in CC after a while. It'd change CC mechanics a bit, but they reserve the right to do that for fights and rivals list, etc - why not robbery? If that was their plan, I suspect it would've silently dropped upon us by now though, so it was probably false hope on my part. Another case where some communication would be appreciated.

How about it devs? Is the seemingly random [but possibly correlated to the Tycoon/Goodfella status of the hood owner] third robbery for $1-3 an *intended* aspect of the game? Should we anticipate an eventual change to the current behavior, or is this likely to be "how it is" for the duration, whether originally intended or not?

Dorian Gray
01-05-2012, 10:34 AM
You mean like the collection timer bug that's in both of their games? Ooooo burn.

LOL... or my favorite bug that's been an issue for me ever since I built my first decoration. :mad:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?10923-bug-Park-trash-can

If I had an in game dollar for everytime I had to move a decoration to click on a building.

dudeman
01-05-2012, 10:50 AM
If I had an in game dollar for everytime I had to move a decoration to click on a building.

... I would have two nightclubs! Ok, not quite, but that bug is annoying!