PDA

View Full Version : Why am I unable to win this fight?

upsman_17
01-02-2012, 02:44 PM
I have lost this fight and other similar fights where it appears I have better stats.
I am:

Level 25
Mafia 41
Attack 549
Defense 724

Saw a guy on rivals list:

Level 25
Mafia 38
Attack 452
Defense 524
Cash on hand - $26,500

Thought it would be an easy score, but I lost the fight. Whats up with that?

Lana Mano
01-02-2012, 02:47 PM
his defense skill points maybe higher than ur attack skill points... the mystery points o.O

Duke.0
01-02-2012, 02:49 PM
Your attack is not enough over his defense to get you a win.

When you take into account "skill points" the opponent probably has more defense skill points thus giving him a higher defense used in fights.

When i fight, i look for my attack to be several thousand more than the rival's defense , in your case, i would aim for several hundred over their defense.

Example:

If my attack was 15,000 i could safely say i could "Probably" win vs a person who was 10,000 and lower defense.

upsman_17
01-02-2012, 02:55 PM
Ah, so I have been playing with a bad strategy, I just started playing last week and my buddy told me that I should use all my skill points on energy to do jobs. So I have added only 4-5 points on attack and defense. I thought the attack and defense numbers listed on my profile were what was used in the fights. Will have to start adding more to attack with skill points. Thanks

hunter
01-02-2012, 04:41 PM
his defense skill points maybe higher than ur attack skill points... the mystery points o.O
don't have to be such complicated.

at low level: atk point = def point, chance to win is 50%.
at high level: atk point = def point, chance to win is 25%.

the win rate is from my experience, don't ask for evidence or data. no one ever have that.

Penutt
01-03-2012, 04:25 PM
I have lost this fight and other similar fights where it appears I have better stats.
I am:

Level 25
Mafia 41
Attack 549
Defense 724

Saw a guy on rivals list:

Level 25
Mafia 38
Attack 452
Defense 524
Cash on hand - $26,500

Thought it would be an easy score, but I lost the fight. Whats up with that?

There are more factors at hand to determine if you think you can beat a rival other than level, mafia, attack, and defense. As Lana stated, you have the forever elusive formula of defense skill points factored in. Also to be taken into consideration is how well is your mafia equiped. You said you have 41 mafia so you should be taking into battle 164 pieces of equipment not factoring in any explosives you may have. That would be 41 guns, 41 melee, 41 armor, and 41 vehicles to be full strength. So if the other player had 38 mafia he/she could take into battle 152 pieces of equipment and if you are porly equpped and only took into battle 135 pieces of equipment you are going to lose. Lastly don't focus on one or two pieces of equipment more than you do others. Keep them even accross the board. In other words dont have 50 guns, 23 melee, 30 armore, and 13 vehicles because once again a well equipped rival will beat you. I hope this helps you and Happy gaming.

martMode
01-03-2012, 05:01 PM
a very good guide hunter and Penutt dudes...

there is another factor (though very minimal), the chance (random) factor... we can try doing the David and Goliath, and the chance of success would be 1/1000... but one needs to attack 1000 times to see if there can be one win... and every other attack is a 1/1000 chance again and again...

Penutt
01-03-2012, 05:09 PM
a very good guide hunter and Penutt dudes...

there is another factor (though very minimal), the chance (random) factor... we can try doing the David and Golliath, and the chance of success would be 1/1000... but one needs to attack 1000 times to see if there can be one win... and every other attack is a 1/1000 chance again and again...

You are quite correct in that there is always the chance factor because sometimes a player can squeeze out a win that he/she should have never won but overall if you keep the above mentioned things in mind you should win more battles than lose.

upsman_17
01-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Thanks guys. I have equipped better as I noticed I was about 10 vehicles and 3 melee short of being fully equipped. And I have started adding to attack/defense skill points more aggressively.

madawgg
01-04-2012, 07:44 PM
lol i have 200 att skill points and all i still lose to ppl with 3000 def lower than my att. it's soooooooo mystical!!! uhhh