doomnosee
01-01-2012, 12:02 PM
What do you all think of spamming?

a. clever strategy, lets all do it
b. just part of the game, let it go
c. cowardice, lets stamp it out

my vote goes to c.

So this is my proposal:
- we post a list of spammers on here. We make a league table of spammers based on number of mentions by players. We all check this and work together to rob and punish spammers whenever we see them in our rivals list.

I am level 100+ and have only ever once been spammed by.... ASHTONITE

CYN has been mentioned in another thread by several players.

Spammers league table (1 point for each player spammed)

1. CYN - 3
2. ASHTONITE - 1

Joeycool
01-01-2012, 12:11 PM
the answer is c

However a list to rob and punish spamers is also a bit out of order. Any one who participates in anything like that is as bad as spammers in my book! Why go after someone just for revenge when you could be searching for players with cash on hand or big pay out buildings. I constantly get spammed and know how annoying it can be. But I wont be participating in a which hunt!

What it needs is for Funzio to add the ability to visit the hood of anyone who write on your wall. Therefore spamming becomes a waste of time because you would just go straight back and rob / attack them from your post.

Rarelibra
01-01-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm with (b), unless the spam has anything hateful or insulting (other than talking smack), then I'm with (c).

I've been spammed, and I have spammed as well. I agree with Joeycool in that it is a hassle that you can no longer find people that you wanted to hammer from your Empire Times. But I also laugh and know that they are somewhere lurking in my rivals list, and I have (several times) re-found a player and given them punishment due.

doomnosee
01-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Agreed - Funzio should allow you to visit people who message you. They could also make a limit on consecutive posts on other people's walls. Both should be simple to implement.

But I don't have the ability to make that happen, so I see nothing wrong with fighting back by sharing experiences of being spammed. Perhaps if spammers get robbed more not less they will think its counterproductive and stop doing it.

ps: to any would-be spammers out there who don't know this - if you don't rob or attack someone for 24=48 hours you will most likely be gone from their news list

Penutt
01-01-2012, 08:09 PM
THE ANSWER IS "C"!!!!!!!!!!! I despise spammers because it takes away your ability to get revenge not only against that player but whoever else you are having a war with or want revenge. I think Funzio should make it an option to attack/rob people who leave you messages. That way it would eliminate the desire to spam because it would no longer work.

CJ54
01-01-2012, 10:20 PM
d: We're going to be adding an anti-spam filter. We're still talking about the specifics, but hang tough in the meantime.

dudeman
01-01-2012, 11:03 PM
d: We're going to be adding an anti-spam filter. We're still talking about the specifics, but hang tough in the meantime.

You need to look into an anti-spam filter for the news wall in general, not just comments spam.

Maybe if someone attacks you and loses, the number of times this happened could be displayed. For example, "you were attacked by rival x! You won x10!" It would be nice to have a "view details" option to view the individual fight details, but having the news list filled by one or two rivals just because they attacked you a whole bunch of times is unnecessary.

The same could be applied to robberies in the news feed.

I think this would have mostly positive results and I can't think of any negative effect this would have on game play.

Just a suggestion. Spamming doesn't just mean purposely posting a large quantity of comments in my opinion. Everyone who engages in PvP is unintentionally spamming their rival's news feeds every time they rob or attack more than a few times in a short timeframe.

BigCheese
01-02-2012, 01:38 AM
BIG "C". I look down on those who spam and curse. Eventually it will back fire to the spammer/curser itself. HAHA I know I serious mentally disorder spammer now been hunt down by noodles gang et al. noodles i luv u all. any chances i can join u team ?

Max Power
01-02-2012, 04:47 AM
You need to look into an anti-spam filter for the news wall in general, not just comments spam.

Maybe if someone attacks you and loses, the number of times this happened could be displayed. For example, "you were attacked by rival x! You won x10!" It would be nice to have a "view details" option to view the individual fight details, but having the news list filled by one or two rivals just because they attacked you a whole bunch of times is unnecessary.

The same could be applied to robberies in the news feed.

I think this would have mostly positive results and I can't think of any negative effect this would have on game play.

Just a suggestion. Spamming doesn't just mean purposely posting a large quantity of comments in my opinion. Everyone who engages in PvP is unintentionally spamming their rival's news feeds every time they rob or attack more than a few times in a short timeframe.

This is a pretty good idea. Sometimes my news feed will be completely filled with someone who robs me and is successful 50% of the time and they just keep trying until they are out of Stamina.

Joeycool
01-02-2012, 05:21 AM
Nice to hear from a dev on here!

hunter
01-02-2012, 06:54 AM
forum these days is boring, same to the game. all useless posts.... I will check back one week later to see if there are any changes...