PDA

View Full Version : What's the point in upgrading?

HGF69
01-01-2012, 04:53 AM
So I realise it gets you more income or better units but then you become a sitting duck for gold raiders. Not worth while taking revenge bacau se of the losses but I don't think it's been well thought through.

EnjoyLife
01-01-2012, 05:57 AM
No one is raiding me successfully and most of my money buildings are level 5 or better. I don't understand your logic.

Agent Orange
01-01-2012, 06:16 AM
No one is raiding me successfully and most of my money buildings are level 5 or better. I don't understand your logic.

Depends on what level you are on, with the newest rejig once over L50 something you might change your tune....

EnjoyLife
01-01-2012, 06:18 AM
Depends on what level you are on, with the newest rejig once over L50 something you might change your tune....

By the time I am over L50, there will be way more players at that level and L75 or more will be the new L50. I am not one of the ones rushing through that game.

Agent Orange
01-01-2012, 06:56 AM
By the time I am over L50, there will be way more players at that level and L75 or more will be the new L50. I am not one of the ones rushing through that game.

Things change, wouldn't be that smug...

The op had a valid question, I think once the rivals list adjustments settle down we will have a much better idea of what is going on. At the moment leveling up without a strong defense and economy is suicidal, problem was that only a week ago if you had a low ally count leveling only by cashing in on the map challenges was a good way to fly under the radar and grab cash and loot.

EnjoyLife
01-01-2012, 08:33 AM
I'm not being smug. Someone said last week, or two, that level 35 is when you open up to higher level's rival's lists. Now it's level 50 according to you. By the time "I" get to level 50, there will be WAY MORE people at level 50. I strongly believe that the rival list will be revamped within the next month or two by the time I get there.

Agent Orange
01-01-2012, 08:39 AM
Matter of symantics. That someone was me, then it bumped to L60 and yesterday dropped to around L50.

I do believe there needs to be a final revamp of the mechanics behind the rivals list and the only parameters left to factor in are attack and defense.

JMC
01-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Right now i can see everyone from level 50-200. Yesterday i could see from 60-200. By the time you get to 50 there will be a lot of people more powerful than you, but all the gold buyers and stuff will be in the 80+. The filter will likely then be 70-200 for the highest level people.

Your logic makes no sense. By the time you get to 50 there will be many people at 75. Well when will that not happen? If you wait longer do u believe that for some reason there will be no more level 75s when you get there? Go through the game as fast as possible and surpass as many people as you can. You cant fly under the radar so there is absolutely no reason to stay weak or try and sit back.

EnjoyLife
01-01-2012, 12:24 PM
Right now i can see everyone from level 50-200. Yesterday i could see from 60-200. By the time you get to 50 there will be a lot of people more powerful than you, but all the gold buyers and stuff will be in the 80+. The filter will likely then be 70-200 for the highest level people.

Your logic makes no sense. By the time you get to 50 there will be many people at 75. Well when will that not happen? If you wait longer do u believe that for some reason there will be no more level 75s when you get there? Go through the game as fast as possible and surpass as many people as you can. You cant fly under the radar so there is absolutely no reason to stay weak or try and sit back.

My logic is that by the time I reach 50, people that are level 75 will no longer see level 50 people. Just like level 20 people cannot see level 15 people right now because there is such an abundance of people around level 20 that it the rival list doesn't need to expand all the way down to level 15. I'm sorry that it didn't make sense before. If it still doesn't make sense, then maybe someone else can explain it, or we will just wait and see...

EnjoyLife
01-01-2012, 12:47 PM
I do believe there needs to be a final revamp of the mechanics behind the rivals list and the only parameters left to factor in are attack and defense.

I agree 100%

Wildfire
01-01-2012, 01:00 PM
Matter of symantics. That someone was me, then it bumped to L60 and yesterday dropped to around L50.

That's probably tricky as well, because wouldn't making yourself very weak in attack and defense just be like having a low number of allies in the past when they were taken in to account.

One other option would be that your level would drop if you were taking too much damage say more than 75% losses in your last x matches where x is your current level and you drop a level or something like that so you'd drop out of site and get the chance to build up before attacking your way up again.

JMC's post that he can see level 50's again has certainly made me want to slow right down, those attack and defense figures of his would make it a bit uncomfortable, I wouldn't be near a third of that at level 50 at my current rate of progression!

EnjoyLife
04-14-2012, 12:14 PM
Things change, wouldn't be that smug...

The op had a valid question, I think once the rivals list adjustments settle down we will have a much better idea of what is going on. At the moment leveling up without a strong defense and economy is suicidal, problem was that only a week ago if you had a low ally count leveling only by cashing in on the map challenges was a good way to fly under the radar and grab cash and loot.

I'm almost level 60, so I'm pretty sure I wasn't smug.

JMC
04-14-2012, 12:58 PM
I'm almost level 60, so I'm pretty sure I wasn't smug.

Little late to be bringing this thread back up isnt it? The game and the people playing it are completely different now.

facupsr97
04-14-2012, 03:43 PM
true, true