PDA

View Full Version : What games do you play besides CC?

Amber_
12-31-2011, 06:11 AM
I think it would be fun to hear about what other games you guys play besides CC. iPhone, Xbox or Playstation etc.

I'll go first. I'm really hooked on Saints Row 3 ftm, also play a lot of the PS move games (like The Shoot and Top Spin 4 etc.). Don't really play any games on the Iphone regularly besides CC.

What games are you hooked on right now? Any recommendations..? :)

Anubis
12-31-2011, 06:14 AM
Skyrim - Amazing RPG game!

Otherwise love Final Fantasy titles for various platforms including DS - if you like leveling up and buffing characters then FFIII and FFIV on DS are really good games. RPG's my fav games otherwise like shooters, COD!.

stixx
12-31-2011, 07:42 AM
I agree on Anubis, im also hooked on skyrim (pc version for the best graphics) used and still do play wow, was a very hardcore player there. I also played final fantasy both japanese and european versions. Last one i played was xx2

I think im a big fan of the rpg concept.

A decade back i used to play utopia ( a web browser game text based) build a village in a kingdom make allies and war.
Im sure i forget about a dozen other games:)

Joeycool
12-31-2011, 07:58 AM
I've got Skyrim. Not had chance to turn it on yet.

Currently playing Assassins creed revelations

And Gears of War 3 online

All xbox. Nothing else on the iphone though.

Max Power
12-31-2011, 08:00 AM
I like COD games, and most shooters on PCs, What does RPG mean?

Joeycool
12-31-2011, 08:05 AM
I like COD games, and most shooters on PCs, What does RPG mean?

Role Playing Game

TenderPlacebo
12-31-2011, 08:36 AM
Skyrim is huge, has an overwhelming amount of quests, and I love the new leveling system they use.
Not a big fan of the newest COD feels like Modern warfare 2.5, seems like they rushed it a bit IMO. I own them all too so it's not a biased opinion.
I have been plying Batman Arkham city. It's got pretty good graphics, and the fighting is sweet in it. It's somewhat button mashing, with some skilled combos involved. I also love games where you level up and get new toys that can be used on baddies.

Anubis
12-31-2011, 08:37 AM
MMORPG mean Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game. CC kinda fits that title.

World of Warcraft is the most successful MMORPG of all time. I've been meaning to try Rift but my MMO home is with Final Fantasy XI. I'll head back to it at some point now the level cap has risen to 99.

dudeman
12-31-2011, 08:48 AM
Rocksmith. I got Skyrim as a Christmas gift but I am waiting for a new 250gb HDD from Microsoft. Mine crapped out and just like that I had to say goodbye to six years worth of game saves.

I have a bunch of games in several genres, rpg, racing, shooter, sports, and music. I haven't touched any of the music games since I got Rocksmith.

CC is the only game I play on my iPad. Unless I'm a passenger on a long drive, then I might play a few rounds of sudoku. Sucks having to rely on wifi to play CC.

TenderPlacebo
12-31-2011, 09:12 AM
Dudeman

I'm so sorry to hear that your HDD crapped out on you,that's got to be the worst. I would be devastated if that happened to me. I wonder if there is a way you can back up your HDD to another hard drive!
In Rocksmith you can use a real guitar, correct? I never played any guitar games, the fake guitar thing just isn't me. I would be interested in this if i could hook up my real guitar. Does it teach you songs,chords, or scales? That would be something I could get into for sure.

Syn
12-31-2011, 09:16 AM
Just hooked Skyrim up on a projector last night before work... Needless to say, CC was put on hold for a while. It was just so..beautiful...

Which reminds me, I forgot to buy black out shades! Damn! Projectors need a pitch black room :/, gotta wait until tonight to play more.

TenderPlacebo
12-31-2011, 09:24 AM
skyrim is beautiful, esp when you get to a high location and can take in all the scenery. You look out with a 360 view and see this never ending landscape; places you can walk to, not just background images. Those are the times when your like Holy$#@& this game is HUGE!!!!

Lana Mano
12-31-2011, 09:42 AM
lineage iv, have all of the sims+expansions 1-3, original gangstaz, fable, call of doodoo mw3, global wars, katamari damacy, gta...
of course my fav CC and I'm not able to log in since last night... wthellz? anyone else not able to log in?

Tramp Stamp
12-31-2011, 09:53 AM
Wow, lots of Skyrim players around. I guess RPGs in general make sense for this audience given how grind-heavy Crime City is. My main game right now is StarCraft II.

Euchred
12-31-2011, 09:57 AM
I played skyrim sick of it now. Just started playing SWTOR my first mmo. and mw3 always.. I don't know how I still have a job

yshen
12-31-2011, 10:09 AM
I also play DOTA on PC

Fig Oni
12-31-2011, 10:16 AM
Risk by electronic art it on sale on the iphone 69p in uk must be 99 cent in the states

Syn
12-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Wow, lots of Skyrim players around. I guess RPGs in general make sense for this audience given how grind-heavy Crime City is. My main game right now is StarCraft II.

I have a feeling I would really hate to play you and your analytic mind, lol

I played skyrim sick of it now. Just started playing SWTOR my first mmo. and mw3 always.. I don't know how I still have a job

I ask myself this all the time.

Joeycool
12-31-2011, 10:20 AM
do you need to be online to play Skyrim on the xbox does anyone know?

Syn
12-31-2011, 10:24 AM
do you need to be online to play Skyrim on the xbox does anyone know?

Nope! Just pop in and play!

Edit: Before I put my foot in my mouth, your X-Box might need updates to play it. I'm not too sure, but make sure to ask the clerk who is selling it to you. If he doesn't know, then you shouldn't be buying from that store. :p

dudeman
12-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Dudeman

I'm so sorry to hear that your HDD crapped out on you,that's got to be the worst. I would be devastated if that happened to me. I wonder if there is a way you can back up your HDD to another hard drive!
In Rocksmith you can use a real guitar, correct? I never played any guitar games, the fake guitar thing just isn't me. I would be interested in this if i could hook up my real guitar. Does it teach you songs,chords, or scales? That would be something I could get into for sure.

I always felt useless and confused whenever I held a real guitar, so years ago guitar hero was a good alternative. It was and possibly still is the best party game ever, IMO, although it's no longer new and hip. Had I never played it though, I would never have thought I might actually be able to play guitar.

Anyways, yes, in Rocksmith you can use any electric guitar with a 1/4" jack. The game has the ability to dynamically adapt to your ability. Hit fewer notes and the game shows you fewer notes. Start hitting all the notes on time and the game starts showing you more.

There are different technique challenges, you can learn any of the chords used in the game, there is a mode called "guitarcade" where you use your guitar to play mini arcade style games, and you can use your tv as an amp. The Best Buy exclusive version has a lot of effects pedals that you can adjust to your liking.

You can play 2 player, although I don't know anyone else who has this game and I can't find a second 1/4" to USB cord. Apparently the one that comes with the game is the first of its kind with the ability to convert the analog signal from the guitar to a digital signal.

You can use a USB mic to sing, although I am definitely not a vocalist and therefore haven't even bothered.

If you beat 100k in a performance on any song, you unlock master mode. Master mode removes the note way during gameplay, so you're playing songs all on your own.

Best "game" I have ever played. No contest. On boxing day I even upgraded from a squier strat to a B.C. Rich because I don't feel like I'm just starting and might still decide I can't do it. I am still just starting, but now I know I can do it, so I went to every music store in town looking for "my" guitar.

I would very highly recommend Rocksmith to anyone who wants to play guitar. The game starts you off assuming you've just picked one up for the first time, and it shows you how to play real songs and learn real techniques.

Joeycool
12-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Nope! Just pop in and play!

Edit: Before I put my foot in my mouth, your X-Box might need updates to play it. I'm not too sure, but make sure to ask the clerk who is selling it to you. If he doesn't know, then you shouldn't be buying from that store. :p

thanks Syn... I already have the game. Just not turned it on yet.

You have to be upgraded to the latest Xbox dashboard to play the game. That I am. But I cant go online with my Xbox. So Im set! When I get time to play it!

Ram
12-31-2011, 10:42 AM
I tried to play Skyrim than i took an arrow to the knee!

Tramp Stamp
12-31-2011, 10:55 AM
I tried to play Skyrim than i took an arrow to the knee!

Was only a matter of time...

Anubis
12-31-2011, 12:40 PM
of course my fav CC and I'm not able to log in since last night... wthellz? anyone else not able to log in?

Urgh if I wasn't in your mafia I could use this info to make a ton of money off you! Damn friends.

Skyrim is the game to be playing rightnow - getting some of the highest video game reviews I have seen in history since the likes of Golden eye (N64), and Halo. How many Skyrim players also played the amazing Dragon Age (original?) that game was just pure video game orgasmic. If I could have sex with a video game, and make it work (other than predator...lol) it would be Dragon Age!

Amber_
12-31-2011, 01:54 PM
I'm really picky when it comes to games, I don't really like fantasy games with dragons and stuff. I guess that's why WoW and FF aren't really my thing, and probably not Skyrim either. I like games like GTA (the whole series), Saints Row, Red Dead Redemption and Assassins Creed. AC2 is actually one of my all time favorite games, haven't had the time to play through Brotherhood or Revelations yet though but really lookin forward to it.

Anubis
12-31-2011, 02:01 PM
Give a real RPG a go Ambers, the only two real ones worthy of picking from in the current day and age is either Skyrim or the original Dragon Age.

Nudie
12-31-2011, 03:07 PM
CC pretty much consumes all my free time right now. I have reduced my robbing time in favor of more PvP as all the time spent searching through countless hoods for fat buildings was making my eyesight worse.

xclusiv
12-31-2011, 07:16 PM
i usually play cod at a friends house i dont own a ps3 or xbox.

gameradd1ct
12-31-2011, 07:51 PM
Gear of war 3 on xbox 360

gameradd1ct
12-31-2011, 07:52 PM
Alice on PS3 and xbox