PDA

View Full Version : Defense!

Charon
12-30-2011, 10:45 AM
So i am level seven. Still new. Was wondering if putting two defensive buildings by one money building. Does it add them together? 2 lvl 1 guard towers 2+2=4? Or just 2

frenda
12-30-2011, 10:54 AM
I read on another thread that def buildings don't add that much. Either way, I don't know if there are other factors that affect it. You may be better off just adding more money buildings for the cost. I've added some Def buildings, but mainly to keep money from being seized when it exceeded my vault limit. Once you get enough money flowing in, you sometimes can't spend it fast enough. Buy some good defensive units like engineers and transports and you'll probably do fine on defense.

Charon
12-30-2011, 10:57 AM
Oh i see ty. So units add to base defense? Like buildings protect feom raids. And units from you being attacked? Or units plus buildings equal raid def. and your def score is for being attacked?

frenda
12-30-2011, 11:04 AM
the number of units you have adds to atk and def, based on their "points". like a scout is 1 for atk and 1 for def. you can have 5x allies which each gives you 4x troops to use. so you're a L7, which means you can "use" up to 35 allies, and can bring a total of 140 troops to a fight, whether you attack or are being attacked. someone check my math, i'm doing this on the fly without a safety net or calculator, LOL.

i believe in a balance, as in number of allies for level, number of different types of troops to be strong against infantry, ground, air, and sea. hope this helps. you can add me as an ally and then you can come visit my base and check it out. but i'm only a L37, there are lots others who have way more experience than me.

Dover
12-30-2011, 11:06 AM
from a post i can not find now, 1) the + def helps your base stats, 2) they help the buildings they cover during a raid but not against an attack.

I also saw where they do not help as much until they are higher levels. I have the two guard towers like you but I have seen a bunch of my allies who had higher ranking defensive units but they had well developed bases and a high $ per hour.

I would rather spend the $ on defensice units to help against attacks and raids as def units only help against raids and at lower levels dont help your base stats as much.

Agent Orange
12-30-2011, 11:12 AM
The problem is we don't really know for sure. I think they do make a difference and I have mine arrange for maximum coverage. But I haven't seen anything one way or the other that either proves or disproves they help.

I do sleep better at night thinking they do....

Charon
12-30-2011, 11:13 AM
Ah starting to make sense. How can i check my base def? Like for a money building where can i see how much def it has? If there is a way...

frenda
12-30-2011, 11:14 AM
The problem is we don't really know for sure. I think they do make a difference and I have mine arrange for maximum coverage. But I haven't seen anything one way or the other that either proves or disproves they help.

I do sleep better at night thinking they do....

LOL, me too. It would be nice if Funzio would put out some more info on how this stuff works so we can make informed decisions.