PDA

View Full Version : how items replace other items and are used?

xclusiv
12-29-2011, 07:23 PM
ok i was thinking about this now and came to a realisation,

so there is attack and defense explosives lets say you buy 500 attack explosives
and then you 500 defense explosives, when someone attacks you the 500 defense explosives are
being used to protect you, but the attack explosives are not so you wont lose them.

and the same for when you attack someone the 500 attack explosives are being used but the defensives exploses are not so you wont lose them.

so then i just realised, the same would apply for weapons right?

lets say you have 500 sawn off shot guns, 22-14 and you have 500 m4a1s 20 - 22

when you attack someone you wont see the m4a1s cause you wont be using them since they have lower attack than the sawn off shot guns, so when you attack someone you will be using the 500 sawn off shot guns,

but when someone attacks you, they wont see the sawn off shot guns they will see the 500 m4a1s because it has a higher defense and you will be using the m4a1s for defense

is this correct???

so if you had 500 sawn offs and 500 m4a1s,

the sawn offs are used during your attacks

and the m4a1s are used during your defense?

HHH
12-29-2011, 07:29 PM
is this correct???

so if you had 500 sawn offs and 500 m4a1s,

the sawn offs are used during your attacks

and the m4a1s are used during your defense?

Correct answer. :)

xclusiv
12-29-2011, 07:31 PM
so if you have 500 butterfly knifes? 5-5 and 500 mace 1-6.

the mace will be used during your defense

but when you attack the butterfly knifes will be used???

so im guessing when someone attacks you the items they see on there screen are different
to the items you see on your screen???

xclusiv
12-29-2011, 07:31 PM
wtf man why didnt i ever realise this earlier.

HHH
12-29-2011, 07:40 PM
But Modern War calculate in different way.

Certes
12-29-2011, 07:45 PM
This is correct. Study the defensive equipment of your opponents after a fight and you will see that the items are ranked by defensive score. They will be in a different order than items on your attack side...

xclusiv
12-29-2011, 07:54 PM
i cant belive it took me so long to figure this out, cause it kept saying each mafia member can equip 1 item, i didnt know it meant 1 item for def, 1 item for attack. so techincally the can equip 2 items if you think about it

Certes
12-29-2011, 07:58 PM
Yep. Makes Nato gas masks look a lot better, huh?

G Wiz
12-29-2011, 08:01 PM
Well no its still one item. Just when your attacking they will use the sawn off's, but when your defending it will be the m4's. I dont think it can be both simultaneously.

xclusiv
12-29-2011, 08:13 PM
yeah i meant 2 as in 1 for attack 1 for defense.

Duke.0
12-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Yes :)

That's why i buy defense explosives and attack explosives.

The game looks for your highest "defense" items and uses them to defend people that attack you.

When you attack a rival, the game looks for the highest attack items and uses them.

You can potentially be using M4A1's and Sawn Offs at the same time, if they are the highest stat for either attack or defense depending on your situation.

greeneyes
12-29-2011, 09:36 PM
That is what I believed, but I confuse when reading this.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15840-Attack-goes-down-after-item-purchase!

Since 95% info about this game are not officially provided by Funzio, there are no ways to prove it's right or wrong. If CC Mark appears & writes "it's not right!", we are all ****ed up....

whocareswhatmynameis
12-29-2011, 10:24 PM

so then i just realised, the same would apply for weapons right?

yes. when you attack, you go into battle with the best attack weapons. when you defend, you use weapons with best defense. that is why, sometimes, the best weapon is a combo.
e.g.1, low stat weapons (brass knuckle-3/2 + stiletto knife-2/3... combo gives 3/3 and costs 540+800=1340; for comparison, street knife-3/3 costs 1500)
e.g.2, high stat weapons (audi-11/9 + city bus-7/11... combo gives 11/11 which costs .9mil+1.5mil=2.4mil; compare that to hummer 10/10 costing 2.8mil)

Cooz
12-30-2011, 03:43 AM
yes. when you attack, you go into battle with the best attack weapons. when you defend, you use weapons with best defense. that is why, sometimes, the best weapon is a combo.
e.g.1, low stat weapons (brass knuckle-3/2 + stiletto knife-2/3... combo gives 3/3 and costs 540+800=1340; for comparison, street knife-3/3 costs 1500)
e.g.2, high stat weapons (audi-11/9 + city bus-7/11... combo gives 11/11 which costs .9mil+1.5mil=2.4mil; compare that to hummer 10/10 costing 2.8mil)

A combo weapon is the best strategy in terms of efficiency. That won't let you have the highest attack and defense as you can possibly get, though. Obviously, it'll cost a ton more, but loading up on 500 lowriders (16 atk) and 500 armored police buses (19 def) would be much stronger overall than 500 Yamahas.

I'm just sayin'...it's worth looking at both strategies.

Anubis
12-30-2011, 04:01 AM
Since 95% info about this game are not officially provided by Funzio, there are no ways to prove it's right or wrong. If CC Mark appears & writes "it's not right!", we are all ****ed up....

After CC Marks contribution to Peacock and Jihy's DEF thread I will never trust another word Funzio say, Unless CC Mark says the sky is blue - now that I know is true.

TenderPlacebo
12-30-2011, 05:37 AM
I was wondering the same thing, kind of. Every time I attack someone the armored police bus shows up in weapons list. I was wondering why my buses weren't showing up, considering it would be like 3 rd or 4th in their list.
So is this why it's not showing up in my list of weapons used,because it has such a high def. I'm really lacking on vehicles for mafia so I was getting upset that they weren't being used, least not that I could see.
So what your saying is they would so up if someone attacked me?

whocareswhatmynameis
12-30-2011, 08:05 AM
I was wondering the same thing, kind of. Every time I attack someone the armored police bus shows up in weapons list. I was wondering why my buses weren't showing up, considering it would be like 3 rd or 4th in their list.
So is this why it's not showing up in my list of weapons used,because it has such a high def. I'm really lacking on vehicles for mafia so I was getting upset that they weren't being used, least not that I could see.
So what your saying is they would so up if someone attacked me?

yes. armored police bus should show up in your rival's PvP screen when you get attacked. but you may not use it for attack if your mafia is well equipped (vehicle >4 attack). this is because it is one of the best defense weapons (19), while at the same time having a mediocre attack point (4).

TenderPlacebo
12-30-2011, 09:32 AM
yes. armored police bus should show up in your rival's PvP screen when you get attacked. but you may not use it for attack if your mafia is well equipped (vehicle >4 attack). this is because it is one of the best defense weapons (19), while at the same time having a mediocre attack point (4).

Thanks, that clears things up a bit. The one thing my mafia is lacking is vehicles, I still have some walking into fights. Top of list I have 33 yam race bike, last vehicle listed is camaro which is like 5 atck. So it all makes more sense now, this thread came at a perfect time. I was going to post a new thread asking why the bus didn't make it in list, now this will not be necessary. Thanks you all for such great info and insight into this game, it really helps a lot.

xclusiv
12-30-2011, 10:26 PM
haha it reminds me when everyone got the nato gas mask, i was seeing it on everyones profiles and then i was like why dont i have it, but not it makes sense that it would only show up when someone attacked me, it would be cool to see how your profile looks when you get attacked

stixx
12-30-2011, 10:39 PM
It would be even better if you could sort your own inventory att/def wise.

TenderPlacebo
12-31-2011, 05:11 AM
It would be even better if you could sort your own inventory att/def wise.

That seems like it would be a lot of work!I already spend too much time on this game,I'd never get off if I was messing with my own inventory all the time.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-31-2011, 07:21 AM
That seems like it would be a lot of work!I already spend too much time on this game,I'd never get off if I was messing with my own inventory all the time.

the hard part is getting everything into a spreadsheet for the first time. it shouldn't take you more than 30 min-1 hr. after that, you can track your inventory once weekly.

stixx
12-31-2011, 07:27 AM
What if funzio adds a button wich will allow you to rearange your inventory