PDA

View Full Version : Are you sick of getting robbed? Try Mighty D

Duke.0
12-29-2011, 12:17 AM
http://www.finebooksmagazine.com/fine_books_blog/assets_c/2009/05/billy_headshot-thumb-200x242-459.jpg

Are you tired of being robbed? Are you fed up with people stealing your hard earned money? Are perpetual perpetrators pilfering your profits? Do crazy criminals carry off your capital? Are you getting plundered, poached, pillaged, pilfered and pirated?

Then its time to step up and try "Might D".

Big or small, Mighty D stops them all!

No matter what time or space, Mighty D puts people in their place!

But Wait....if you call right now.....we will DOUBLE THE OFFER!

Ok enough with the infomercial lingo :) On with the thread....

I'm not going to discuss how these numbers add up, why this works or any really numerical specific details. It really does not matter as the results speak for themselves.

I'm level 89
I spent the last 24 hours or so away from the game involved in some personal things (moving day!).

I play 12/24/48 hour buildings (and 2x 8 hour smoke shops)

When i logged on tonight, to my amazement in my News Feed i only had 1 red note saying i was robbed for $2,500, the person who robbed me tried to rob about 3-4 more times and eventually gave up and posted on my wall "very nice defense - add me ##" Every other robbery said "I WON" next to it.

Total in 24 hours: 6 attempts, 5-1 record.
I came away with $700,000+ from collections.

Total for My Whole News feed: 17 attempts: 15-2 record.

On a regular basis my win/loss for robberies average in my hood is about 15 wins - 1 loss (i'm estimating, some days/weeks i get no losses, others i get 1-2 or 3)

Whats my point here?
Defense buildings kick ass and work great! But its a combination of things to totally prevent robberies.
Here is what i have so far:
x39 Gatling Guns (level 1 or 2)
x8 Muay thai (level 3 or 4)

Currently that totals around 1900 building defense.
I also have 65 skill points in defense and max mafia for my level.
Total of 17,600 defense @ level 89

I follow this strategy from CC Mark and have been successful.

If you're worried about getting robbed your priority should be:

Defense buildings > Mafia size (up to cap) > Defense items / defense skill
Source: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?12108-How-defense-works&p=54641&viewfull=1#post54641

So far this seems to hold water, and works great for me. I'm going to continue to implement this strategy as i progress in the game.

What do you think? Do you do something different and are successful? Do you agree or disagree with this? Post comments below :)

TemplarX
12-29-2011, 12:54 AM
Duke, what you are saying is in total contradiction to Peacock and jlhy's claims about the ineffectiveness of defense buildings. Personally, I don't know what to think. My personal experience tend to agree with the contention that defense points only give a false sense of security. I have about 30 gatling turrets most at level 2, and I have 100 defense and 100 attack skill points.... but others have successfully attacked me and the win:loss would suggest that my gatling turret men were falling asleep on their duty!

You are quite powerful for your level, so you may have mistaken your relative strength for the effectiveness of the defense buildings.

Twoshots
12-29-2011, 01:25 AM
I guess it depends on the style you want to play, whether you want to camp and how regularly you collect.

If want to grow stronger fast and be able to compete with higher levels you are way better off investing in income upgrades that will help you grow exponentially. Sure you are really strong for level 86 but that 2000 in building defense is going to be laughable as you reach higher levels and people have 30k attack because they have been investing in income and have 500 steel garrotes.

If you were to take the $2 mil+ and time spent building/upgrading and invest it on income you would be way better off. Your income would be significantly higher in the long run and with decent collection any losses you end up taking are offset from the higher income you are getting/will get.

Not sure how you can justify defense buildings unless you plan on camping, never collect or are already at max level.

greeneyes
12-29-2011, 01:58 AM
the only way to avoid robbery is collect before they can rob you. But then I wonder are you playing the game? or being played by the game. You must play the game in a certain time, so painful.

dudeman
12-29-2011, 02:47 AM
I used to think my defense buildings were effective. Then it seemed like they weren't. Now I think whatever formulas for defense buildings adding to stats may have neglected to include mafia size as some sort of variable.

I did a couple machine gun upgrades to level two, added about 100ish mafia, added a couple defense skill, and my defense stat rose 2000 points. So I guess I was unwittingly doing as suggested, but 2000 points for doing almost nothing feels very misleading.

Anubis
12-29-2011, 03:32 AM
All my experiance suggests Peacock and Jihy are 100% correct. I can easlily rob hoods with 30K defence in profile with 8-9K of that from masses of Agencies. I have 19K att and when I rob these kind of players I win 100% and their rob defence will show something like 21K.

Its not that defence buildings are completely useless, its just that its not worth taking them past level1-2. If I didnt spend levels 70-90 building up defence buildings I would have a much higher income now. My level 10 Agencies are just taking up space but I can't bring myself to delete them yet. Your method of masses of lvl1 Gattling Turrets is the best way to build defence from buildings and the most space effective.

Peacock
12-29-2011, 03:47 AM
I collected some more data on robberies. For eg. If my actual rob def is 40k (I asked my fren to rob me and give me the value) which cannot be seen from my profile. If an opponent has 75% of my Rob def =30k atk. There is a 50-50 chance he can rob me. My news thread goes green, red, green,red.. If the opponent has less than 30k, he will not b able to rob me successfully

Leetfeet
12-29-2011, 04:40 AM
We have always knows the defense data was skwed. CC mark just silenced us with a few sligthly misleading comments.

I do have to admit, knowing that upgrading defense buildings yields minor advantages, I will still do it. Although I have changed my mind. Upgrading defense buildings is now a luxury, not a necessity. Will go on and pull all my 50 gattling guns to level 4-5 when my economy is bloated.

Perhaps the defense 'scam' is Funzio's way to make income more relevant?

Max Power
12-29-2011, 04:40 AM
When i logged on tonight, to my amazement in my News Feed i only had 1 red note saying i was robbed for $2,500, the person who robbed me tried to rob about 3-4 more times and eventually gave up and posted on my wall "very nice defense - add me ##" Every other robbery said "I WON" next to it.

Total in 24 hours: 6 attempts, 5-1 record.
I came away with $700,000+ from collections.

Total for My Whole News feed: 17 attempts: 15-2 record.

On a regular basis my win/loss for robberies average in my hood is about 15 wins - 1 loss (i'm estimating, some days/weeks i get no losses, others i get 1-2 or 3)

Whats my point here?
Defense buildings kick ass and work great! But its a combination of things to totally prevent robberies.
Here is what i have so far:
x39 Gatling Guns (level 1 or 2)
x8 Muay thai (level 3 or 4)

Currently that totals around 1900 building defense.
I also have 65 skill points in defense and max mafia for my level.

Enjoy your green now.

KoolB
12-29-2011, 06:11 AM
* If you have a defence score target... and you sell a defence building... your score goes down by less than the defence value the building should have
* If you hit a rival who has only mafia defence he is a much tougher opponent than if you rob / attack someone who has loaded his buildings with upgraded defence buildings...

These are facts... and if CC Mark wants us to believe otherwise... he will have to do much better than come up with one-line responses...

@Duke.0 Your defence buildings are probably not a total waste as you haven't upgraded them much... that is when you really start to lose out...

Leetfeet
12-29-2011, 06:36 AM
Ehm doesn't the defence target quests specifically say mafia defence? As in it doesn't include building defence at all?

whocareswhatmynameis
12-29-2011, 06:43 AM
@Duke:
according to Jihy and Peacock, defense buildings yield the highest efficiency when they are not upgraded, i.e., at level 1. it seems that most of your defense buildings are either lvl1 or at low level upgrades, which implies that most of your building defense points are utilized for defending you in PvPs.

TenderPlacebo
12-29-2011, 05:40 PM
My defense has been to build 12/24/48 hr buildings, and collect on time. I much rather save space for income buildings which provide my mafia with good equipment, and a more true representation of def. I. See way too many people with tower farms and ask myself why? So what if one to two of my buildings gets robbed for a 1/4 of my take; that space I saved for another income building makes up for any lost income. I too treat my def. buildings as a luxury, something that comes 2nd to Building up my income. It is nice to have those inflated stats that might discourage the average criminal though.

tctt
12-30-2011, 11:26 AM
@Duke:
according to Jihy and Peacock, defense buildings yield the highest efficiency when they are not upgraded, i.e., at level 1.

Doesn't that seem backwards...like a .22 has more stopping power then .357?

whocareswhatmynameis
12-30-2011, 11:35 AM
Doesn't that seem backwards...like a .22 has more stopping power then .357?

what i was trying to say is that low level defense buildings are more cost effective. the marginal increment in defense points is minuscule when you take upgrade investment into account.

let me give you an example:
lvl 1 gatling costs 54K, you get 25 defense points during attacks.

to add another 25 defense points (and bring total defense to 50 defense points), we need to upgrade gatling twice at a cost of 90K+150K = 240K. i haven't even considered time investment here.

so, lvl 1 defense structure is more cost effective.

Death666
05-22-2013, 01:58 PM
Hi everyone, I know this post is old but it directly relates to my issue and I can't post my own threads yet. My problem is I keep getting robbed by this 1 guy who's decided he want's to be a royal pain in my ass! For a couple weeks now he's robbing my hood on a regular basis and I'm at my wits end.

I have been actively trying to counteract the problem by increasing my mafia size and buying lots of guns/armor/explosives to boost my stats (and of course trying to be more vigilant with collecting). Which I think has been working as his attempted robberies are in a loss/win, loss/win, loss/win pattern; but he's still taking too much from me when he succeed's.

We are both currently a level 75, stats as follows:

# of mafia member
Mine-600
His- 556

# of weapons
Mine-1093
His- 1539

# of armor
Mine-818
His- 606

Mafia attack
Mine-29895
His- 28019

Mafia Defense
Mine-39473
His- 32988

So what should I focus the most on to help ensure that his robberies are unsuccessful? Oh and going tit for tat is pointless, his hood sucks. Maybe a dozen low level/low payout buildings. I can rob him of thousands but he can rob me of tens of thousands.

Thanks in advance, I really love this game it drives my wife nuts lol. Looking forward to chatting with you all.

Charlie Boy
05-22-2013, 02:08 PM
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag96/qwerty9702/EF5E973C-2774-450E-8C8B-ADA235E7C4DF-2838-000005D681E1B146_zpseb92c8d6.jpg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/qwerty9702/media/EF5E973C-2774-450E-8C8B-ADA235E7C4DF-2838-000005D681E1B146_zpseb92c8d6.jpg.html)

Coldjoey
05-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Hi everyone, I know this post is old but it directly relates to my issue and I can't post my own threads yet. My problem is I keep getting robbed by this 1 guy who's decided he want's to be a royal pain in my ass! For a couple weeks now he's robbing my hood on a regular basis and I'm at my wits end.I have been actively trying to counteract the problem by increasing my mafia size and buying lots of guns/armor/explosives to boost my stats (and of course trying to be more vigilant with collecting). Which I think has been working as his attempted robberies are in a loss/win, loss/win, loss/win pattern; but he's still taking too much from me when he succeed's.We are both currently a level 75, stats as follows:# of mafia memberMine-600His- 556 # of weaponsMine-1093His- 1539# of armorMine-818His- 606Mafia attackMine-29895His- 28019Mafia DefenseMine-39473His- 32988So what should I focus the most on to help ensure that his robberies are unsuccessful? Oh and going tit for tat is pointless, his hood sucks. Maybe a dozen low level/low payout buildings. I can rob him of thousands but he can rob me of tens of thousands.Thanks in advance, I really love this game it drives my wife nuts lol. Looking forward to chatting with you all.Welcome to the forum, please take the time to read the ToC. Regurgitating old treads (know as necroing) is against the rules and not the best start. However your defence is only relevant to his attack. You can by better defence weapons in store. Slim chance of helping, you can collect on time all the time so there is nothing for him to rob. You can dig deep into your and buy gold to obtain crates (think your wife hates you now wait until you start spending real money). You can camp, which means you stay at your level and wait for him to move on. Or you can try to out run him. Best thing is it just get used to being robbed! It happens and once he's gone their will be someone else and then someone else and the someone well you get the picture. I'm assuming you are in a syndicate. If not joining one can boost you defence. NOTE: never rob him, he will use that link as a personal ATM. And others will advise you to have a friendly chat, become best buddies and he will not rob you again. I can't do that.

(CCK) Cam
05-22-2013, 02:29 PM
hi everyone, i know this post is old but it directly relates to my issue and i can't post my own threads yet. My problem is i keep getting robbed by this 1 guy who's decided he want's to be a royal pain in my ass! For a couple weeks now he's robbing my hood on a regular basis and i'm at my wits end.

I have been actively trying to counteract the problem by increasing my mafia size and buying lots of guns/armor/explosives to boost my stats (and of course trying to be more vigilant with collecting). Which i think has been working as his attempted robberies are in a loss/win, loss/win, loss/win pattern; but he's still taking too much from me when he succeed's.

We are both currently a level 75, stats as follows:

# of mafia member
mine-600
his- 556

# of weapons
mine-1093
his- 1539

# of armor
mine-818
his- 606

mafia attack
mine-29895
his- 28019

mafia defense
mine-39473
his- 32988

so what should i focus the most on to help ensure that his robberies are unsuccessful? Oh and going tit for tat is pointless, his hood sucks. Maybe a dozen low level/low payout buildings. I can rob him of thousands but he can rob me of tens of thousands.

Thanks in advance, i really love this game it drives my wife nuts lol. Looking forward to chatting with you all.omg what a big necro

Death666
05-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Welcome to the forum, please take the time to read the ToC. Regurgitating old treads (know as necroing) is against the rules and not the best start. However your defence is only relevant to his attack. You can by better defence weapons in store. Slim chance of helping, you can collect on time all the time so there is nothing for him to rob. You can dig deep into your and buy gold to obtain crates (think your wife hates you now wait until you start spending real money). You can camp, which means you stay at your level and wait for him to move on. Or you can try to out run him. Best thing is it just get used to being robbed! It happens and once he's gone their will be someone else and then someone else and the someone well you get the picture. I'm assuming you are in a syndicate. If not joining one can boost you defence. NOTE: never rob him, he will use that link as a personal ATM. And others will advise you to have a friendly chat, become best buddies and he will not rob you again. I can't do that.

Thank you for answering, and apologies for necroing. I used to be on discussion forums years ago but have never heard of necroing, and back then no one cared if someone resurrected an old thread. But whatever, won't happen again.

That being said I appreciate the advice. I haven't done much camping and I'm already pretty close to leveling up again so maybe I'll give outrunning him a try, I too would have trouble buddying up to him lol. Oh and yah I've already talked about possibly spending real money with the wife and I'm sure you can imagine how that went. But I don't think I'm gonna be able to resist come next war. Yes I'm in a syndicate an I wanna be able to replenish my health instantly during battles :D

MattThomas08
05-22-2013, 03:51 PM
http://www.finebooksmagazine.com/fine_books_blog/assets_c/2009/05/billy_headshot-thumb-200x242-459.jpg

OMGZ this guy sux.

Kidding, amazing stat inflation over time.

BIGRED2277
05-23-2013, 02:03 AM
interesting