PDA

View Full Version : cheaters so Wrong !

cheif
12-28-2011, 09:06 PM
how can someone @ " Level 30+ Attack/Raid ...somone at level 21 ..... ?
( i keep geting "attact . by this person every day . at least twice three four times . seems to be an " UnFair" advantage ! wtf ? . i cant possibly defeat or defense or attack or Raid . them ..
so . How can i go after "Level 10 or Less ?
wtf ?

chuck norris
12-28-2011, 09:19 PM
the game allows people above you to attack you. the game also allows you to attack people BELOW you.

Some people spend their game money on powerful units, making their army very strong. if your units are weak, you aare a weak army. you will lose.

It takes time to build a strong army. Vault your cash so you dont lose it, and play the game. if you never play, others will grow past you and you stay weak.

We all have players bigger than us attacking us. A players level is not as important as his army size.

angelica
12-28-2011, 09:19 PM
The size of your army is taken into account. In my rivals list, most of my rivals are at two levels above me, and I rarely get rivals at my same level. Pus, if you have attacked or raided them before, chances are that there is a link back to your base that the rival can use to attack you over and over!

chuck norris
12-28-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm at lvl 58, and the majority of my rivals are in their 30's.

cheif
12-28-2011, 09:27 PM
how do i attack people Below my Level ? i dont get it ?

cheif
12-28-2011, 09:32 PM
ahh ... how do you lose that link ?

chuck norris
12-28-2011, 09:35 PM
it says automatically until your wall fills up with other messages. if you ignore him completely, eventually his link to you will disappear.

cheif
12-28-2011, 09:40 PM
and . i dont see any " rivals . except for the same Level ?

cheif
12-28-2011, 09:42 PM
and i have complained ! thanx chuck

Tramp Stamp
12-28-2011, 10:11 PM
The consensus is that the point where lower level players become visible is level 35.

Agent Orange
12-29-2011, 03:53 AM
Re wall, Skunk had a good idea. Spam the other players wall until your message drops off.

In terms of 'cheating' it's not technically the player but the way the game is selecting rivals for our lists. It takes into account two parameters, your level but more importantly how many allies you have so if you have a lot the game lets you appear on a higher level players list.

The game needs to also look at two more criteria, attack and defense values of each player. If it did that it would be more likely to balance the list better.

But two things may cause another problem, if I have a lot of people on my allies list then at some point I could run out of rivals as the bulk of players might be allies. As it is now the game has been rejigged to try and flush out your rivals list well at least it does at the level I am at 68 with pretty much anyone and that is because originally high level players had complained that they were getting the same people over and over and in some causes only a couple of names.

Dover
12-29-2011, 04:53 AM
how can someone @ " Level 30+ Attack/Raid ...somone at level 21 ..... ?
( i keep geting "attact . by this person every day . at least twice three four times . seems to be an " UnFair" advantage ! wtf ? . i cant possibly defeat or defense or attack or Raid . them ..
so . How can i go after "Level 10 or Less ?
wtf ?

More specific information is needed on you to make give information that could be useful. I think it was AO (Agent Orange) in another thread who asked, how many allies do you have? Too bad this site cannot read the game server so whenever anyone posts a question we can view the persons level, attack, defense, # of allies, how do you play (turtle, PvE, what are you focusing on while you level?). These questions can answer why you are being attacked and how to change that. If you hate being attacked by someone 10 levels above you do you really want to be that person and attack someone below you? Just work on getting the higher level off your list and continue to build and develop.

Now I did not know about the level 35 theory Tramp brought up. That is a minor game changer there. If you are creeping up one level at a time there will be a time when you enter the group that can be seen my L35's and you may want to PvE up to L35 yourself so you can collect valor and build your defense a little faster. I am at L21 and I now get attacked maybe5 times a day and I win but I have built up a nice defense and focus on money buildings. I will soon find out about the L35 theory myself.

Agent Orange
12-29-2011, 06:29 AM
I question whether it's level. I suspect the threshold is allies. Just checked my rival list, lowest is L 36 x 2 and both with 180 allies. For comparison I'm at L 68 w 666 allies.

Wildfire
12-29-2011, 08:17 AM
I've been trying to decide whether i'd be better off with more allies or not so so I've been taking note of the levels and allies of my rivals, yesterday at level 37 at most only 3 other level 37s were visible, today at 38 I can see 5-7 at the same level the others range from 33-43 ie 5 either side, but all bar 2 have more allies at the minute. Yesterday I added another 10 allies and on the next refresh I got players who also had far more allies again, more than me 90% of the time.

So basically I think it is still a combination of allies and level, judging by the way my list changes I think it takes your level, pools everyone from say 10% less allies to twice as many, if that's below a size it then does the same next level up and down and so on till you reach a big enough pool, then on each refresh it shows a selection from this pool. The point being that to get a big enough pool when you get to a high level like Agent Orange you have to look further and further from your level and maybe relax the number of allies too, so a high ranking player can see a lower ranking one in the rivals list whereas the lower ranking one will only see ones close to their own rank as there are plenty in the pool.

Agent Orange
12-29-2011, 08:27 AM
The more I scan my rivals lists the more it looks like the kicker is number of allies. So far the lowest level I have on the list is L38 with 190 allies but has only 1366 attack and 1420 defense. The next lowest are a clump at L40-41 with 200-205 allies. The highest level I have ever seen was over 110.

My bro who is still trying to dig out of the kill zone only has a range of rivals. L37-50 with allies of 148-181.

And data from another friend who nuked is allies kindly supplied the following, L range 36-57 and allies of 16-110.

I suspect the cutoffs are in the ranges above give or take.

Wildfire
12-29-2011, 08:46 AM
That also all ties in with the theory that it's somewhere between 35-40 that you suddenly become visible to the higher ranked players. It was at 37 I think that I noticed getting hammered for the first time.

Edit, just attacked twice by someone at level 58 with 95 allies while writing the above, I'm 38 with 93 allies. Oh and does everybody else think the Avenger is anything but a low casualty unit, I seem to lose them way more often than any other valor unit and I've only a few of them!

Tramp Stamp
12-29-2011, 10:35 AM
I question whether it's level. I suspect the threshold is allies. Just checked my rival list, lowest is L 36 x 2 and both with 180 allies. For comparison I'm at L 68 w 666 allies.

It's likely a combination. In Crime City, common wisdom says that once you hit ~90 then the floodgates open, but there are level 200 players with few allies that somehow slipped in under the radar.

chuck norris
12-29-2011, 01:52 PM
Lvl 60, 24 allies. I am allying very slowly and I cannot recall any instance where it seemed the floodgates opened. Never been hammered, as it were. My list spans mostly lvl 30's and up to 50, and allies 10-90.

About Avengers, I found seahawks died more than avengers. Ive had some frigates for a very long time though. Suspect that they have different casualties values too. Probably tweaked to keep people a bit happier.

Wildfire
12-29-2011, 04:55 PM
Yes seahawks die a lot too, but that's 50 valor pain rather than 100! I've similar numbers of Frigates, and Combat Boats and certainly the low casualty combat boats go more than the very low Frigates, but still much less than Avengers and Seahawks, I don't know if the country you use has any baring on this, I'm UK so strong for sea.

Only 24 allies must mean you're using mostly very high value units alongside your gold ones, it can't leave much room for cannon fodder, doesn't that mean you drop a small fortune when units die in an attack. I suppose the plus side is it leaves you mostly visible to weaker players which might be why you haven't been "hammered", so maybe it costs on attack and saves on defence.

NFSMWmustang
12-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Another reason could be that you are on their NEWS area and they can still attack you. That is how I was able to attack a lvl 5 at lvl 20. because this kid kept trying to attack me.

chuck norris
12-29-2011, 09:17 PM
Only 24 allies must mean you're using mostly very high value units alongside your gold ones, it can't leave much room for cannon fodder, doesn't that mean you drop a small fortune when units die in an attack. I suppose the plus side is it leaves you mostly visible to weaker players which might be why you haven't been "hammered", so maybe it costs on attack and saves on defence.

My current attack is only 700. That's weak. Back two weeks ago when I had 10 alliesmy attack was 1000. Then casualties went off the charts and I gave up replacing my top units. So my entire force is a mix of average to low value units. I only have three small goldies.... Lucky I didn't waste more cash. So I dont lose many top units cause they make a very small percentage of my force. From what I'm reading, It definitely saves on defense. My A:D is 1:3.*

When I reached that point of resignation, I also decided since the game was broke, I would go down with it like a captain with his ship. *Weird. I have continued to spend all my stamina in spite of the losses. I'm over 4000 fights. So as far as my unit quality I've been scraping the bottom of the barrel, learning what I can about mechanics down there, and waiting basically till funzio fixes the game or I get sick of losing units. I refuse to turtle completely. Without pvp the game is completely dead to me. Attacking is definitely unprofitable.*