PDA

View Full Version : How do you report someone for abuse?

rico425
12-28-2011, 03:07 PM
I have a problem with a certain player who I think is not only cheating but won't leave me alone. How do I report this person?

I already told him I reported him on his wall to see if that will scare him off. I doubt it will. Suggestions?

jlhy
12-28-2011, 03:31 PM
If you believe a player is cheating, take a screen shot of the players profile and hood and send an email to crimecity-ios-support@funzio.com.

List the players name and ID (if possible) and a brief explanation of what you believe the cheat/complaint is and attach the screen shots.

rico425
12-28-2011, 03:57 PM
Can you do it anonymously? We've had kind of a swearing war going on on the walls. he's deleted all his comments but left mine.

DougVan
12-28-2011, 04:00 PM
What makes you think the player is cheating?? I currently have someone accusing me of cheating when I have done nothing close to that?? I am a level 93 player with maxed exeleros and RPGs from the fighting challenges and have 110+ m4's from farming... Figure this is why I'm being accused, but all I have done is continually invite the person to email funZio so they can hear it straight from the dev that what I have is not only possible but completely legal...

If its multiples of money buildings this is an old glitch and prob not the players fault...

DougVan
12-28-2011, 04:01 PM
Oh an don't get involved with swearing or being beligerent or you may implicate yourself as well...

rico425
12-28-2011, 04:08 PM
That might explain it. But he's still being an idiot and needs to quit it. Is there a general complaint line?

Yeah probably shouldn't have done the swearing thing but oh well. The only way out is if he deletes it

jlhy
12-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Your sending the email to crime city support. The other player won't see it.

If your worried about the support staff seeing what you posted on the other players wall, well they're gonna be able to see it.

rico425
12-28-2011, 04:13 PM
I might not send anything then. Hopefully my post saying that I did will scare him off

rico425
12-28-2011, 04:14 PM
I don't mind being robbed/attacked occasionally. That's part of the game. But when the same idiot robs/attacks you 10x a day for a week? That's not cool

Max Power
12-28-2011, 04:21 PM
I don't mind being robbed/attacked occasionally. That's part of the game. But when the same idiot robs/attacks you 10x a day for a week? That's not cool

That's how the game works. Find a way to beat him.

And are you really trying to report someone for engaging in the same behavior that you have? What outcome are you looking for?

You gave up all high ground when you started swearing back.

rico425
12-28-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm not an idiot about it. I'll attack or rob someone once or twice but that's it. And the main part here is the cheating. I admit the swearing match was a bad idea but that's done.

Max Power
12-28-2011, 04:38 PM
How do you know they are cheating?

Give us the stats.

rico425
12-28-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm not going to do anything. It's not worth getting in trouble because I was being dumb too. I'll just leave it alone and see what happens.

Max Power
12-28-2011, 04:44 PM
That's cool, you can just delete their comments anyway. You didn't used to be able to do that.

Sometimes it appears people are cheating but after you learn the game, you realize they have found some things or have played a style that is completely legit.

Example: Someone thought a player was cheating because they had 100 NATO Gas Masks. Turns out it was a loot item in one of the new levels and the guy found it before most other people did.

Point being, sometimes what looks like cheating is actually legit. There are a lot of experienced players here that are pretty good at knowing. Just sayin.....

Demoni696
12-28-2011, 04:48 PM
There are 2 really easy ways to deal with the situation

1. The probable reason he is able to attack you is your name shows up in his news. This allows him to go directly to your hood and rob/ attack you. Once your name drops off his news he will have no way to find you again. If you are attacking him STOP, every time you attack your name goes to the top of his news list. You name will come off his news list over time (as others attack him) however if you want to speed this process up send him tons of comments. Each one counts as an news item and will remove your last attack from his news list.

2. If the guy is the same level as you he can keep refreshing till your name pops up on his attack/ rob list. If this is how he is finding you then the only real way to fix this is to level like mad for a few days. "Normally" you can only see players 1-2 levels above and below your current level (not so when you get to the higher levels). Once you have 4 or 5 levels separating your self he will no longer be able to find you. Unless he levels up at the same rate...

As far as I am concerned if someone called me a cheater and cursed me out I would take every opportunity to rob /attack them just out of spite.

rico425
12-28-2011, 04:49 PM
How do you delete comments on their page? That would put this whole thing to rest. he hasn't come after me since I posted that I reported him (which was a lie) so if I can get rid of my comments it'll be like nothing ever happened.

Hey I know a lot of good players. Just thought I saw something screwy but it might be a glitch or something. I hadn't thought of that

martMode
12-28-2011, 05:14 PM
you cannot delete comments on their page, only on your own.

Peacock
12-28-2011, 05:50 PM
Do u mind tell us more on the screwy thing that u hv found? We hv many experienced players on this forum to help u figure it out.

BigCheese
12-28-2011, 10:18 PM
forget about the complain. i email support about this player cursing me all the time but FZ do nothing. he is still here playing. yes I'd attached a screenshoot (many many SS) and yet no action been taken.

Penutt
12-30-2011, 10:54 AM
That might explain it. But he's still being an idiot and needs to quit it. Is there a general complaint line?

Yeah probably shouldn't have done the swearing thing but oh well. The only way out is if he deletes it

It doesn't matter if you or him deletes it because Funzio can see everything you have written on any other player's wall as well as the other player. For example, I don't mind talking a whole bunch of trash because I can do that with the best of them but I can not stand anyone spamming my wall. This idiot spammed my wall one day over 50 times in an hour so I reported his dumb A%& and Funzios response to me was to make sure I don't retaliate cuz back in October it shows that I bypassed language controls by using spaces and periods. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First of all, I don't even remember who I talked trash to 2 months ago and it was not the same dude but the bottom line is they can see whatever you write so be careful how you handle the situation.

niclas
12-30-2011, 01:59 PM
Hallo there..
I have had the same person robbing me and attacking me over and over again..I just try to upgrade my defenses so he cant get you..I to have robbed the same for a week and then he robes me back.If you leave him alone your name will dissapear from his list and you will be left alone..
If it dosent work you could help wriying multiple things on his list..20 messages and then your name is gone:-)
Iv done it many times...

CJ54
01-07-2012, 08:35 PM
If it dosent work you could help wriying multiple things on his list..20 messages and then your name is gone:-)
Iv done it many times...

While I'm here, I'd like to point out that this (spamming) is against our policies regardless of why you're doing it, and will get your account banned. Don't do it.

Rarelibra
01-09-2012, 05:55 AM
It doesn't matter if you or him deletes it because Funzio can see everything you have written on any other player's wall as well as the other player. For example, I don't mind talking a whole bunch of trash because I can do that with the best of them but I can not stand anyone spamming my wall. This idiot spammed my wall one day over 50 times in an hour so I reported his dumb A%& and Funzios response to me was to make sure I don't retaliate cuz back in October it shows that I bypassed language controls by using spaces and periods. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! First of all, I don't even remember who I talked trash to 2 months ago and it was not the same dude but the bottom line is they can see whatever you write so be careful how you handle the situation.

According to the email I received from Funzio they can't see the spam if it is deleted from your wall. Hmmmm. As a systems person, I find that VERY hard to believe. In fact, it is quite possible to see the history of what was on your wall, and not difficult to see the identity of that individual and trace back to their account.

Instead, I was so-called "warned" by the Funzio rep for spam that I did a while ago before I figured out it was not allowed and was warned the first time. I reminded the rep about the glaring problem of trying to say they cannot find someone if the spam is deleted. But what do I know...

Tramp Stamp
01-09-2012, 05:39 PM
I bet they could see, but it might involve something asinine like deploying a backup as its own instance. Either that or it's a function that low level support does not have access to due to data quality issues.

JimmyShines
01-09-2012, 06:28 PM
According to the email I received from Funzio they can't see the spam if it is deleted from your wall....

You are correct, that is not true at all, and funny enough, all those messages you deleted from your wall come back to you when you log in (funzio, please fix this, waste of bandwidth), it's just that there is a no display flag on that message.

MemEtepeWrarm
02-02-2012, 04:22 AM
Excuse me for selection category to leave a note for you about 40mg canada protonix rx
heartbeat irregular protonix West Covina (http://www.richby35.com/protonix9l6a) and why should i not use lamisil on toe nails infection lamisil male yeast Israel (http://www.richby35.com/lamisilf5vu) and epivir hiv epivir zerit Cambridge (http://www.richby35.com/epivirunad): But before you rush to the nearest pharmacy or bargain drugstore to change your expensive medicines, think long and hard. Those cheap substitutes may not work as well as the original medication. Worse, they may be fake drugs that could be hazardous to your health. Another facts: lamisil side effects drug interactions Italy