PDA

View Full Version : I'm Confused........

tctt
12-28-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm at Lv 118, 341 mafia, Atk is 18000 Def is 27000. I get robbed by a Lv 105 with an Atk of 13500 & drf of 13250 with 398 mafia. How is that possible to get robbed by someone you out-power so much ?

Certes
12-28-2011, 12:57 PM
I have 20.5k attack and regulary rob those with 35k in defense. It all depends on how much of your defense is mafia vs. defense buildings, your attacker's attack skill points and your defense skill points, and the "random" factor.

There are quite a few threads on the first couple of pages of the forum that provide more detailed information.

Vile Lynn
12-28-2011, 01:00 PM
L u c k...

Rarelibra
12-28-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm at Lv 118, 341 mafia, Atk is 18000 Def is 27000. I get robbed by a Lv 105 with an Atk of 13500 & drf of 13250 with 398 mafia. How is that possible to get robbed by someone you out-power so much ?

do some searches and read the threads that cover this... there are different values for your att/def depending on if you are robbing versus PvP versus if you are getting attacked versus if you are getting robbed. More mafia means the potential to have more effectiveness (especially if they have an item to cover every member... remember, each and every member of your mafia needs a weapon, melee, armor, and vehicle (and optional for explosive) to be 100% effective in a battle. I've run into the same thing, and usually when someone of a lower lvl beats me, it is because they are equipped with better items.

Anubis
12-28-2011, 01:24 PM
The only REAL defence is that of your mafia's.

Funzio ripped everyone of us off with defence buildings. They only give tiny amounts towards your real defence score. The high defence score in your profile is a lie, and the only possible reason I see it being there is to scare off attackers. Funzio ripped us all off with defence builfings. Read Peacocks thread where the testing was done. CC Mark gave a feeble one-liner that doesn't address anything in that thread. Use the informatiuon in it and you can rob mafia's who have masses of buliding defence. Mafia's with all mafia defence however you won't stand a chance against if it is 3-4K+ more than your attack.

Anubis
12-28-2011, 01:28 PM
Also the onlyreason why I will never spend gold on this game again until the matter is properly resolved, and not with cheap one-liners.

I want Jazz clubs and Gentleman clubs in my hood but just not gonna bother because of the way I feel they have let me and everyone else who spent RM, time, and $$$ investing in agencies and other defence buildings.

dudeman
12-28-2011, 01:38 PM

tctt
12-28-2011, 01:49 PM
So I may as well stop building defense building, go with 8/12/24 hr buildings (or what ever suits me) and just collect on time.
Money/gold I would have spent on defense can go into weapons or building then correct?

ZCharlie
12-28-2011, 02:03 PM
The whole game is one big piece of **** ripoff cash grab scam. The developers must be making a decent profit because they don't give a **** about the players. I would say they don't care anymore, but it's more likely that they never did.

It's obvious they don't care, just look at the irrelevant one liner responses. And I use the word "response" lightly, since many of the one liners simply state a thread is being locked.

Lazy Funzio jerks don't even lock threads that are going nowhere anymore.

They have your money, that's the end of their interest. They have no obligations to any of the players.

Dudeman... If you dislike the game so much maybe you should just leave instead of complaining about it constantly. If they didn't give a s**t as you say... Why bother making and going to the trouble of moderating this forum. And no they may not give us all the answers, but surely discovering them along the way is more fun anyway. As for the 'irrelevant one liners' ... It's more than he has to do and I for one enjoy marks mysterious pointers.

dudeman
12-28-2011, 02:12 PM
Dudeman... If you dislike the game so much maybe you should just leave instead of complaining about it constantly. If they didn't give a s**t as you say... Why bother making and going to the trouble of moderating this forum. And no they may not give us all the answers, but surely discovering them along the way is more fun anyway. As for the 'irrelevant one liners' ... It's more than he has to do and I for one enjoy marks mysterious pointers.

I'm not sure if anyone has noticed how little I have been participating in forum discussions lately, but comments such as this are mainly the reason why. It seems people cannot put in their two cents without being hated on.

ZCharlie
12-28-2011, 02:19 PM
Dude, I'm not hating on you and I'm sorry if it came across like that. That wasn't my intention. All I'm saying is funzio arent as bad as your making out, i think they've made a pretty awesome game. But your writing stuff like

'The whole game is one big piece of **** ripoff cash grab scam'

And then getting upset when I disagree. That's not cool!

dudeman
12-28-2011, 02:36 PM
Trust me when I say I used to think it was super awesome too. Once I started noticing a lot of its shortcomings though, I started thinking less highly of it. Problems don't get fixed by keeping quiet about them, but with the support being nearly non existent it gets to a certain point where you have to explore different ways of bringing attention to issues that appear to be falling on deaf ears.

The people in this forum must certainly be able to read, but for several people here it is obvious that understanding what has been read is challenging if not impossible. There is too much assumption going on and assumption very rarely leads to a positive outcome.

So I have made myself the black sheep of the forum "*****ing and complaining constantly". Why would I care about that? There are ongoing problems that no one else wants to talk about or bring attention to because they fear the reaction of the other forum members.

And I see why. Without naming names, a lot of you are just *******s. I'm sure it's most likely because you can hide behind the anonymity of the internet, but that doesn't make it any more enjoyable to read.

I'm not upset that you have a different opinion than I do. When stating your opinion, if that IS the intent, anything you have to say about someone else's opinion is irrelevant. Keep it to yourself.

Tramp Stamp
12-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Why bother making and going to the trouble of moderating this forum.

This is actually a point in his favor since the forum seems almost completely unmoderated, as evidenced by the never-deleted product spam.

dudeman
12-28-2011, 02:45 PM
This is actually a point in his favor since the forum seems almost completely unmoderated, as evidenced by the never-deleted product spam.

I know, I saw that. Speaks for itself and counts as more than one point for what I was saying.

Dorian Gray
12-28-2011, 03:39 PM
And no they may not give us all the answers, but surely discovering them along the way is more fun anyway. As for the 'irrelevant one liners' ... It's more than he has to do and I for one enjoy marks mysterious pointers.

Sorry Charlie, but you're obviously 'out of' the know when it comes to this conversation.
We're not talking about ALL the answers here, we're talking about a basic explanation of how Def works in this game when it comes to defense buildings. A lot of people have formulated strategies based on misleading information. They have even spent real money doing so. Do you really expect people to think it's fun to find out they wasted all that time and money after the fact. And then you really expect people to enjoy the fact that Mark's way of clarifying the issue is to not clarify the issue.
I just don't understand some people's voluntary ignorance.

tctt
12-28-2011, 04:04 PM
Ummmmm....Back to my original conundrum if you don't mind....Would my assumption below be correct?

So I may as well stop building defense building, go with 8/12/24 hr buildings (or what ever suits me) and just collect on time.
Money/gold I would have spent on defense can go into weapons or building then correct?

BTW...I certainly didn't not mean to stir the pot and get a big feud going.

Dorian Gray
12-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Ummmmm....Back to my original conundrum if you don't mind....Would my assumption below be correct?

Sorry, didn't mean to derail your thread.

I believe that you're right to think of it the way you just stated. Collecting on time is the only defense you can truly count on.

Dorian Gray
12-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Also, if you are looking to beef up your defense, I believe it's much better to do it with equipment than def buildings.

Max Power
12-28-2011, 04:18 PM

Not your fault. For now that seems the best strategy, at least until we get some real answers. I have 20 Bodyguard agencies leveled to 7 and above, so yes, I have some skin in the game.

There really isn't a feud and nobody on the forums are *******s. It's just some with some skin in the game are getting sick of others who ***** non-stop on every post in a forum that is largely unmoderated when if they were really looking for results, they would be using the email provided for tech support. It's gets really flippin old.

martMode
12-28-2011, 05:08 PM
def skill points will help as it is one of the factors...

Max Power
12-28-2011, 06:12 PM
I have 29k defense, much of it building defense, but probably 20k of it is weapons, 89 defense skill points and I got nailed by someone with 12.5k attack points. They got me 50% of the time. It makes me wonder why I bought any defense at all.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-28-2011, 06:12 PM

it seems simple but the best defense is collecting your income on time. that way, your rivals will not be in a postion to take your hard earned dollars. defense buildings are useless for the most part (only exception i am making is lvl 1 gatlings).

whocareswhatmynameis
12-28-2011, 06:14 PM
I have 29k defense, much of it building defense, but probably 20k of it is weapons, 89 defense skill points and I got nailed by someone with 12.5k attack points. They got me 50% of the time. It makes me wonder why I bought any defense at all.

ouch! it's so unfair...

Duke.0
12-28-2011, 11:16 PM
The only REAL defence is that of your mafia's.

Funzio ripped everyone of us off with defence buildings. They only give tiny amounts towards your real defence score. The high defence score in your profile is a lie, and the only possible reason I see it being there is to scare off attackers. Funzio ripped us all off with defence builfings. Read Peacocks thread where the testing was done. CC Mark gave a feeble one-liner that doesn't address anything in that thread. Use the informatiuon in it and you can rob mafia's who have masses of buliding defence. Mafia's with all mafia defence however you won't stand a chance against if it is 3-4K+ more than your attack.

I disagree with you Anubis on this.
I find defense buildings extremely helpful. For example, today i was moving my apartment all day and was not on the game in the past 24 hours. I look at my news when i logged on about 10 min ago, and found that i had 20 attempts at robberies and only 1 person was successful for ONE time robbing my level 10 basketball court. Every other building (lofts, movie theater, church etc.) was NOT robbed at all. All in the Green! I ended up collecting $700,000 :)

Defense buildings do make a difference in preventing robberies!

Dorian Gray
12-29-2011, 08:47 AM
I find defense buildings extremely helpful. For example, today i was moving my apartment all day and was not on the game in the past 24 hours. I look at my news when i logged on about 10 min ago, and found that i had 20 attempts at robberies and only 1 person was successful for ONE time robbing my level 10 basketball court. Every other building (lofts, movie theater, church etc.) was NOT robbed at all. All in the Green! I ended up collecting $700,000 :)

Correlation does not equal causation.

tctt
12-30-2011, 11:18 AM
(only exception i am making is lvl 1 Gatling).

Whats so special about these?

Babytway
12-30-2011, 11:27 AM
you tell em Zcharlie

whocareswhatmynameis
12-30-2011, 11:30 AM
Whats so special about these?

2 reasons:
1) gatling guns have great space efficiency (footprint is 2*2)
2) defense buildings are best at level 1 (according to Jihy and Peacock, defense buildings have the highest cost-effectiveness when they are not upgraded)

i suppose machine gun turrets fit the bill as well, but they only give you 5 defense points. for high level players with good income, missile turret (unlocked at lvl 115, costs 500K, provides 42 defense point) may be a good alternative/adjunct.

tctt
12-30-2011, 12:27 PM
2 reasons:
1) gatling guns have great space efficiency (footprint is 2*2)
2) defense buildings are best at level 1 (according to Jihy and Peacock, defense buildings have the highest cost-effectiveness when they are not upgraded)

i suppose machine gun turrets fit the bill as well, but they only give you 5 defense points. for high level players with good income, missile turret (unlocked at lvl 115, costs 500K, provides 42 defense point) may be a good alternative/adjunct.

So you upgrade money buildings to get "more" money, and upgrade your defense to get "less" defense, regardless of cost effectiveness...So your better off to have a whack of Lv1 D buildings, then 1/2 dozen maxed out??

Max Power
12-30-2011, 12:30 PM
So you upgrade money buildings to get "more" money, and upgrade your defense to get "less" defense, regardless of cost effectiveness...So your better off to have a whack of Lv1 D buildings, then 1/2 dozen maxed out??

You don't get "less" defense for upgrading, as in a reduction, you just get a tiny fraction of the points it says you get, at least that's the theory in the 3 threads covering it.

Go read those if you are more interested. It's not proven, but the evidence is pretty damning. Way to much for me to type here.

tctt
12-30-2011, 12:38 PM
You don't get "less" defense for upgrading, as in a reduction, you just get a tiny fraction of the points it says you get, at least that's the theory in the 3 threads covering it.

Go read those if you are more interested. It's not proven, but the evidence is pretty damning. Way to much for me to type here.
Without reading the 3 threads, I would tend to agree with the evidence from my initial statement at the start of the thread....doesn't make sense to me, but then again I didn't design the game.

Anubis
12-30-2011, 01:45 PM
I find defense buildings extremely helpful. For example, today i was moving my apartment all day and was not on the game in the past 24 hours. I look at my news when i logged on about 10 min ago, and found that i had 20 attempts at robberies and only 1 person was successful for ONE time robbing my level 10 basketball court. Every other building (lofts, movie theater, church etc.) was NOT robbed at all. All in the Green! I ended up collecting $700,000

What level are you duke? Before I hit the HL stage my news was full of exactly what you just said. Green, green and more green. If your stats are good (which I presume yours are as you have regulared the forums for some time) then thats enough to fend of robbers. I find robbing ppl with 3-4K rob defence (in the log) more than me can be challenging. On the other side I can fight/rob players with profile defences of masses more than my att as long as the main part of it is building defence.

Duke, maybe try the strategy out - att ppl with lots of defence buildings that your att could manage if the defence bulidings were not there and see what your results are :)