PDA

View Full Version : Getting mauled by those > 20 levels higher than my level 44

c0wg0esm00
12-27-2011, 01:39 PM
This is getting to a point where I cannot even play enough to maintain my current attack/defense. When I search for opponents, I may see some that are 7 levels below mine. However, I seem to keep getting mauled by those in the high 60's and losing too many units to recover (I woke up this morning to find 20 units lost, some of them quite expensive in respect points). How do they see me and why are they allowed to maul those that many levels below them?

Am I missing something, or do I give up on the game since I cannot even maintain my levels?

zynshmily
12-27-2011, 02:36 PM
This is getting to a point where I cannot even play enough to maintain my current attack/defense. When I search for opponents, I may see some that are 7 levels below mine. However, I seem to keep getting mauled by those in the high 60's and losing too many units to recover (I woke up this morning to find 20 units lost, some of them quite expensive in respect points). How do they see me and why are they allowed to maul those that many levels below them?

Am I missing something, or do I give up on the game since I cannot even maintain my levels?

Try reducing the number of alliance, might help.

c0wg0esm00
12-27-2011, 03:11 PM
Interesting, thanks. So, the general goal would be to maintain a 5*level number of alliance members?

zynshmily
12-27-2011, 03:38 PM
Interesting, thanks. So, the general goal would be to maintain a 5*level number of alliance members?

If you have enough troops, YES.
The number of alliance determines the capacity of your army. but if you dont have so many units,why need a big capacity while taking the risk of exposing yourself to some higher level players...
Say, if lv20, ideally, you can have 100 alliance and your army can be as big as 400...but in reality, if you only have 200 units, then 50 allies are sufficient.
hope you can grasp the concept.

c0wg0esm00
12-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Yeah, easy to grasp. The real trick is, I have 100 light infantry and 100 scouts to buffer my losses (I still lose a Spectre, Strike Eagle, or Chinook every now and then though >:)

Without the buffer, I suppose every loss would be a valuable unit.

Wildfire
12-28-2011, 03:23 AM
If you have enough troops, YES.
The number of alliance determines the capacity of your army. but if you dont have so many units,why need a big capacity while taking the risk of exposing yourself to some higher level players...
Say, if lv20, ideally, you can have 100 alliance and your army can be as big as 400...but in reality, if you only have 200 units, then 50 allies are sufficient.
hope you can grasp the concept.

In principle this should be correct, what I'm still not sure about is just how much adding more allies exposes you to stronger rivals, so while you may be stronger it also exposes you to stronger rivals in a viscious circle. I sort of play the middle ground where I keep my number of allies at a level where I'm only using decent defence units, strength 4 or more and my attack contains at least 100 Rangers which hopefully work as cannon fodder. It means my defence is usually higher than most with the same number of allies and my attack is about the same, which I thought would get me left alone more. However, now I'm getting hit by much higher ranked players and I don't know if adding more allies will help me defend or just make it worse!

Agent Orange
12-28-2011, 03:48 AM
In principle this should be correct, what I'm still not sure about is just how much adding more allies exposes you to stronger rivals, so while you may be stronger it also exposes you to stronger rivals in a viscious circle. I sort of play the middle ground where I keep my number of allies at a level where I'm only using decent defence units, strength 4 or more and my attack contains at least 100 Rangers which hopefully work as cannon fodder. It means my defence is usually higher than most with the same number of allies and my attack is about the same, which I thought would get me left alone more. However, now I'm getting hit by much higher ranked players and I don't know if adding more allies will help me defend or just make it worse!

That is the million dollar question.... Plus it appears that the devs have rejigged the rivals list again and the whales are running out of targets as they become targets themselves and are being whipped up into a feeding frenzy attacking anything they can in order to scoop up cash and valor but like a hamster on a treadmill all they are really doing is going round and round. I suspect that at some point they will all stop banging their heads against a wall because eventually it will start to hurt.

phrenikos
12-28-2011, 07:02 AM

I was in the exact same spot as you, hovering around 3000 stats but I had no chance against higher level players who either bought gold or have been playing for a while now. I brought my alliance down to 18. Now I get hit at least 10 times less and I usually win. I can build up my army slowly and regain my economy through missions since I don't need to worry as much as stacking defence units.

Dover
12-28-2011, 07:11 AM
They seem to have developed the game into a turtle method for free players or gold for faster levelers. For the past week I have been attacked maybe 3-4 times a day and I win. I almost think you need to level 5-10 levels then stop. Build, develope collect, you will win and lose some, then after a week or two at this same level you will have grown to where you win most attacks against you, then you level 5-10 more levels slowly creeping up. I am at L21 now and hope to level to 30 in a few days and then sit there for a week or two while the 48 hour times catch up to my spending. Either way I have not lost as much as a lot of players on this board but I also dont attack more than once a day or two and I have been at L21 for over a week. I hope to learn from the mistakes of others and from Stamp and Orange's postings. :-)

c0wg0esm00
12-28-2011, 09:19 AM
Well, my last two attacks: a level 74 against my level45 (lost a Chinook and s Scout) and a level 80 (lost a Chinook). My cannon fodder are partying :) That's almost $100-k of units in < 2 hours.

azy
12-29-2011, 06:25 PM
c0wg0esm00, what would happen if you made sure to keep your stamina near zero by attacking or raiding other players? I reckon that when strong players attempt to attack you, they would get "player too weak" and battle would be averted. Just a thought.

Agent Orange
12-29-2011, 07:11 PM
c0wg0esm00, what would happen if you made sure to keep your stamina near zero by attacking or raiding other players? I reckon that when strong players attempt to attack you, they would get "player too weak" and battle would be averted. Just a thought.

Stamina is not linked, why you can still attack even though others get the player too weak signal.

chuck norris
12-29-2011, 08:51 PM
I remember seeing tha I caused some rival loss while attacking, but that was a long time ago.

I rarely experience losses caused by others. Are the attackers told that they are incurring losses?