PDA

View Full Version : Putting Points in Attac & Defense Skills!!!

Economist
12-27-2011, 01:06 AM
Hello, I see veryone putting skill points into Energy and Stamina only, whenever they level.

How much do I gain from adding points into Attack and Defense? for example, lets say I leveled and received 3 skill points to add into any four skills of my choice.

If I decide to add all 3 points into Attack, does my attack score only increase by 3 points? If my alliance points was 100, does it only add 3 points for the new total of 103 points?

Is it even worth putting those points into Attack and Defense? Please kindly let me know!

Economist
12-27-2011, 03:03 AM
This is what the tooltip says:

Attack: Improves your chances when attacking rivals
Defenses: Your defensive strength to fend off rival attackers

I suppose if I put points into Defense Skills, then I will get a direct increase in my overall Alliance Defensive Score?

But if I put points into Attack skills, then I don't see any direct increase in the Alliance Attack Score? How do I know how much effect does 1 point of attack skill have on my character? Talking about ambiguity...

Agent Orange
12-27-2011, 03:13 AM
I'll answer this from the position of someone up at L67. A lot of players at the lower levels don't think that the attack and defense skill pts do anything and they are probably correct in that small numbers don't seem to have much if any effect. But once you hit a certain point and I really can't say exactly what that point is level wise they do seem to make a big difference.

In my case because I kept topping mine up as I leveled up I have at least an extra 1000 to 2000 added to my defense. It does not show up in the total in my profile but I am basing this on being attacked by much higher attack vs defense players and they loose.

In terms of attack, my guess is that they will also help though this one I don't have a lot of data to support because I stopped doing a lot of attacking and raiding because you wind up loosing expensive units and gain little in return. In the early stages I attacked and raided a lot because the devs had not messed with this but now a lot of us are finding that we loose far too much in terms of unit value vs what we gain from the attack or raid.

For that reason at least from what I can see putting a lot into stamina may not do you a lot of good once you reach the higher levels since you don't have a lot to do. Let me try and explain, from my rivals list I see an awful lot of low level players and even though they are really easy to attack there is no benefit from doing so because they don't help you fulfill any goals and if you do attack them you wind up loosing multiple units worth a lot more than what you will gain. Yeah I know, some out there is claiming they don't loose attacks but personally I think that is not the case.

Also not worth raiding their bases, again because the cost is higher than the gain unless they have some really high value money buildings that are ripe for the picking. But most lower level players don't so again putting all your skill pts into stamina IMHO is a waste after a certain point.

Energy would be the wild card for me. Not because I want to complete all the map missions because frankly again the cost to benefit ratio is low but because you can redo any mission you have completed. Reason being you can in some cases pick up a lot of XP, decent loot or cash.

I think if I was to start over I might consider a mix of defense and energy and to a lesser degree attack and stamina but it will really depend on your overall strategy.

But the bottom line is we don't seem to really know a lot about the effects of the attack and defense skill pts.

Agent Orange
12-27-2011, 03:14 AM
As far as I can see adding to your skill pts does not show as an increase in your attack and defense in your profile.... hence the mystery surrounding them..

Economist
12-27-2011, 03:55 AM
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and knowledge with us! THANK YOU!

Tramp Stamp
12-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Assuming they recycled the Crime City algorithm, it's a multiplier that starts at 1.09 and gains an additional .09 per level until 100. For example, if I am at level 42 and have 53 points invested, then

multiplier = 41 * .09 + 1.09 = 4.78
total bonus = 4.78 * 53 = 253.34

Economist
12-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Very interesting info, Mr. Tramp Stamp! But just a quick question. As noted above, the game defines the benefits in adding points to strength and defense as follows:

Attack: Improves your chances when attacking rivals
Defenses: Your defensive strength to fend off rival attackers

Your equation makes perfect sense for the Defense, but how about Attack? It says that by adding points, it "improves the chances of [successfully] attacking rivals." Does adding the points into strength merely increase the "overall attack power" or does it have some kind of chance factor involved, where it allows us to beat the opponent despite us having lower attack power than the enemy's defense?

Agent Orange
12-27-2011, 11:59 AM
Assuming they recycled the Crime City algorithm, it's a multiplier that starts at 1.09 and gains an additional .09 per level until 100. For example, if I am at level 42 and have 53 points invested, then

multiplier = 41 * .09 + 1.09 = 4.78
total bonus = 4.78 * 42 = 200.76

The Funzio engine is generally quite liberal when it comes to rounding up so I'd expect it to add 201 points, though that may be just the display figure and not what's used in calculations.

Just need a clarification on a number if I'm at level 67 and my defense skill pts are 70 then the bonus is 70 * .09 + 1.09 = 7.39. Then total bonus is 7.39 * 67 = 495.13?

I wonder if this formula has been amended, I seem to gain anywhere from 1000 to over 2000 advantage over attackers with higher attack than my defense.

Tramp Stamp
12-27-2011, 12:01 PM
As far as I know an attack point is an attack point, though the same is not true for defense, at least in Crime City, when it comes to defense buildings.

Tramp Stamp
12-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Just need a clarification on a number if I'm at level 67 and my defense skill pts are 70 then the bonus is 70 * .09 + 1.09 = 7.39. Then total bonus is 7.39 * 67 = 495.13?

I made an error and put in level instead of points. For you:

multiplier = 66 * .09 + 1.09 = 7.03
bonus = 7.03 * 70 = 492.1

I wonder if this formula has been amended, I seem to gain anywhere from 1000 to over 2000 advantage over attackers with higher attack than my defense.

Could have been multiplied by 10 as that is common across the board.