PDA

View Full Version : Little advantage in attacking

bossone
12-26-2011, 09:40 AM
It seems you lose way more in units that the effort is worth. When attacking a rivals wind turbine, I lost over 60 k in assets in 3 passes which each were successful.for that I got 8-9k back.

What am I missing......seem to be best to build defenses and camp.

phrenikos
12-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Are you maxing out your alliance/unit used to attack?
Are you filling up your army mainly with sacrificial lambs (light gunners, scouts etc) and a few units with better stats (valor units)
Are you checking your opponent stats before attacking?

bossone
12-26-2011, 09:55 AM
my first pass I lost a warthog (24K) second I lost a bradley (35k), then a fighter jet (4k) and couple of smaller units. This is an opponent i can raid without will and only attack his high dollar items.

My attack is 425 and his defense is 224.
I have alliance members of 42
total units for me of 192 vs his 106

and yes I have more infantry than bigger units, adding more high dollar items as I build my money base.

angelica
12-26-2011, 10:18 AM
I find that when attacking certain nations, I don't lose as much, or I lose lower level units. I was just attacking at random before but then noticed a pattern.

phrenikos
12-26-2011, 10:28 AM
I dont remember the last time I raided someone, but its definently economically inefficient to be wasting your army away on enemies unless you know for sure your opponent has money out or you are doing valor missions. I was attacking everytime my stamina was full and I was able to increase my stats steadily while continuing to upgrade my base just through getting more and more valor units. However once you get to the higher levels, its impossible to compete with most gold users.

bossone
12-26-2011, 10:32 AM
Yea this guy had no gold and I was raiding his high dollar targets. I had done this before with little loss.

Oh well, quirks of the game i guess.

Agent Orange
12-27-2011, 03:53 AM
No the game was rejigged a while back and the end result is that you now tend to loose more in terms of unit value than you gain from the attack/raid.

It occurs to me that the reason for this might be because the devs opened up the rivals list a lot. Before many of us complained that we could only see the same players over and over again so it was pretty boring. Then a few weeks back we suddenly saw a lot more players but all were from much lower levels.

Then there was a big uproar from these lower level players because the more powerful were going in and attacking/raiding the crap out of them.

Then suddenly I started to notice that my attack/raid losses were really high even though I was a lot more powerful than the players I was attacking/raiding. It occurs to me that perhaps this is not a fluke but perhaps a clever way of trying to reduce the number of times these lower level players are getting blown up. It is bad for business if your players all get fed up and leave.... granted that seems to be the case anyway.

The other thing I notice is with multiple attacks, you might win the first one. Not loose any units but suddenly loose the second, then win the third. Again I'm starting to wonder if this isn't such a fluke but perhaps the game trying to keep the whales from eating all the smaller fish.

The other thing is crashing, this kind of interests me as well. Oddly I crash every time if I go for a second attack and then when I reboot the game the person I'm attacking is suddenly gone from my rivals list. I find that rather odd as well though I have to say I crash a lot no matter what but it seems to be more often when attacking.

zynshmily
12-27-2011, 04:16 AM
Let me break this down for you...you should think about this from a more comprehensive perspective...
dont just focus on the loss of "cash units", cheap cash units are only good for finishing map missions...
attacking at least gives valor and experience. Experience gets you leveled up. Leveling up gives you more valor missions...
I can't stress the importance of "valor units" enough. I have spent more than $600 on "gold units". My attack and defense are 15K. But, watch carefully, at least 12k attack and defense are contributed by "valor units". Valor units are the key...(unless you have enough real cash to buy tons of 600 gold units...)
dont be stuck at the calculation of loss and gain of cash value...

MrDenny
12-27-2011, 07:51 AM
What is a "valor unit"? Where can I see what I have?

MrDenny
12-27-2011, 07:53 AM
Never mind. Found it.

bossone
12-27-2011, 08:59 AM
well i don't buy the argument you shouldn't worry about about the value of cash units. I'm not going to spend a dime extra on the game, so cash/valor points is all I have.

I have no issue losing units, but I do when I lose over 60k attacking someone I am 2x the strength and my losses are high dollar items versus low dollar ones.

phrenikos
12-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Maybe its just your bad luck for those raids. When I was playing aggressively I filled up my army with literally half light gunners, while the rest were valor units and those costly units for missions. I'd lose about 3-4 units per hit, but I hit at least 300 times before losing a helicopter or a submarine.

Agent Orange
12-27-2011, 09:55 AM
Maybe its just your bad luck for those raids. When I was playing aggressively I filled up my army with literally half light gunners, while the rest were valor units and those costly units for missions. I'd lose about 3-4 units per hit, but I hit at least 300 times before losing a helicopter or a submarine.

The game seems to have been rejigged recently and meat shielding isn't as effective as it once was. Now loosing far more high value units when attacking including valor units such as stealth frigates and super hornets of which I have several hundred of each.