PDA

View Full Version : I don't know how to play this game anymore

TemplarX
12-26-2011, 07:44 AM
This is a whiner post and carries absolutely no analytical value for my fellow esteemed forummers. I am at level 97. Today, there seems to be a major change by funzio...suddenly, all day, every minute, I am robbed and attacked by players from levels much higher. I was harassed by no less than 15 players at least 20 levels above me, and 3 from level 200. My lofts were barely 5 minutes past collection time and it was robbed...i collected $50k from my buildings and within a minute, some robbed me. Their stats are so high it's impossible for me to defend against, no matter how well I play.

Imagine a player 20 levels above me would have 100 mafia more than I (and more since I am not max-ed out), and if each mafia is equipped with 30 attack points, that alone would account for 3000 total mafia attack points more than I. Furthermore, many of these players are gold spenders...there is no way I could match them. All gameplay and strategies go out the window.

Maybe this is the way funzio forces us to spend real money...without gold, it's impossible to remain competitive when you're exposed to players 100 levels above you. Any thoughts?

Max Power
12-26-2011, 08:02 AM
This happened to me three weeks ago when I was at your level. It's happened to everybody above your level.

I wouldn't rush out to suggest Funzio changed anything. We have all been through it.

Welcome to getting your butt kicked....LOL!

ModelMaker
12-26-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm with you 100% on this TemplarX. I'm trying to maintain the fun and not get pissed that players 50+ levels above me are robbing me blind but the situation is wearing me down and the game is becoming tedious.

dudeman
12-26-2011, 08:47 AM

Babytway
12-26-2011, 10:20 AM
im lvl 118 have zero gold weapons or armor and i remain competitive with everyone on my rivals list higher than me as well. just have to lvl up to 100 and get your max mafia members and start buying some weapons

Babytway
12-26-2011, 10:22 AM
*repeat revenge players who will spend all their stamina on you for days until someone else pisses them off worse than you* guilty as charged dudeman

Amber_
12-26-2011, 10:29 AM
Whats your level and stats dudeman?

dudeman
12-26-2011, 03:02 PM

TenderPlacebo
12-26-2011, 03:30 PM
I think they changed something with rival lists,or so it seems. I was just doing winning streaks Non stop for a while with no problems. I was able to find people in rivals list that I could beat without losing. I hate it when Im one away and I lose so I kind of pick on weaker players,not rob just PVP.
Now it seems everyone in rival list has greater or equal stats to myself. There are only a few that are around the level I can beat and even then I will win like 3 in a row then loose. I have been stuck on streak now for 2 days, while before I was clearing streak after streak,no problem.
Anyway I think something has changed in rival lists, it seems they are grouping you by stats now. I also see players with only 50 mafia or 100 while I'm at 360. I don't remember seeing that in rivals list before. I thought everyone had equal mafia members before, I could be wrong though.

TemplarX
12-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Whether funzio changed something or not, something changed in my game overnight. For months I never had to worry about attacks or robs and my empire times very rarely sees red. I wake up this morning to see it filled with red ink from attacks from levels 159 -200. Sure, I am level 98 and that's like an obvious sign "come eat me raw" hanging around my neck for all these HL. And the worst thing is my own rival list looks normal and I dun see anyone beyond the 95-100 range.

I don't see the fun in a game that does not give you an even chance of defending yourself. I can try to level up quickly to boost my mafia to max, and buy all weapons I can...but ultimately I think the answer is to spend gold. Like dudeman, this is wearing me out. Meantime, my win:loss stats is just getting crushed and

TemplarX
12-26-2011, 04:05 PM
...and I think that's unfair. And since my rival list has so many of my 95-100 peers, I don't see why I should be exposed to others so many levels above me, without me ever being able to see them on my rivals list. 'rivals' means u fight each other, not one way...that's a 'r a p e' list otherwise!

greeneyes
12-26-2011, 06:22 PM
everyone needs money, so does Funzio.

If people don't want to pay, make them pay.

Joe Brown1
12-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Could be one of two situations. First - the rival list change that seems to occur in the mid 90s. Many threads on it (Syn's is great as he reaches that point). Second, rival list went wonky yesterday for me at lvl 63 - all of a sudden, everyone on my list have 2x to 3x my mafia) Seems to have returned to normal now - at least for me.

Aka Joe Brown (my facebook login has quit working and Funzio hasn't fixed it so I had to create a new login)
CC Kaen 909 898 510 lvl63; 148 mafia; A5656/D7298; $21,884/HR

dudeman
12-26-2011, 08:34 PM

TemplarX
12-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Could be one of two situations. First - the rival list change that seems to occur in the mid 90s. Many threads on it (Syn's is great as he reaches that point). Second, rival list went wonky yesterday for me at lvl 63 - all of a sudden, everyone on my list have 2x to 3x my mafia) Seems to have returned to normal now - at least for me.

Yes, I play a Lvl 55 avatar and the rival list suddenly exploded with mafia size of 200-300 too. But I think that is manageable if you have a very powerfully equipped mob... since these people are at the same level they wouldnt have the income or defense to match even if they have mob size (something's gotta give). But when you are visited by people 50 levels above you, its another story. You are up against mob size, much higher income, insane attack/def, some huge gold spenders... there's no way I can fight back. Takes the fun out of a game. In fact, I wouldnt mind if I can see lvl 200 on my list, i am sure i can find some weak ones with great buildings to rob, to make back what i lose.... but as it is, they can see me but I can't see them, so its just a ridiculous situation.

Joe Brown1
12-26-2011, 08:49 PM
May seem to be a ridiculous situation but everyone lvl 100+ had gone through it. Search for Syn's post "It has begun" - great discourse on this phenomenon. To use a metaphor appropriate for CC, apparently when you reach this lvl, Funzio thinks that it is time to grab your ankles, so lvl up as quickly as possible now that you are there or you will be stuck being the prison shower b*tch for a bunch of HLs.

Aka Joe Brown (my facebook login has quit working and Funzio hasn't fixed it so I had to create a new login)
CC Kaen 909 898 510 lvl63; 148 mafia; A5656/D7298; $21,884/HR

dudeman
12-26-2011, 09:20 PM

TemplarX
12-26-2011, 10:10 PM
When I say unbearable I mean my account has nearly been paralyzed.

I feel like i'm treading water and waiting for the sharks.

Yup, i feel like that too. I can't do strategy turtle cos the sharks will just tear through my turtle... I'm like a dolphin trying to play a beautiful balanced game, and they want me to suddenly take steroid and grow into a monster to take on the sharks. Doesn't seem that fun.

dudeman
12-27-2011, 01:37 AM

Babytway
12-27-2011, 01:38 AM
Get a life
Haha CC is my life dude, but don't get mad at those two just get even build up and come back after them the way they coming at you,

Yup, i feel like that too. I can't do strategy turtle cos the sharks will just tear through my turtle... I'm like a dolphin trying to play a beautiful balanced game, and they want me to suddenly take steroid and grow into a monster to take on the sharks. Doesn't seem that fun.

i don't think thats true what you and dudeman are saying i have no gold weapons and i still able to rob attack ppl 20-30 lvls above me there are more than 10, and everyone at my lvl i can rob for sure, you don't need gold weapons to be a contender,

dudeman
12-27-2011, 02:16 AM

2Legit
12-28-2011, 07:29 AM
Can we all just get along? Every thread always ends up in an argument. *Sad Sad*

*Gives everybody a BIG warm hug* Don't worry be HAPPY :D

stixx
12-28-2011, 08:23 AM
only one thing you can do to prevent this from happening, lower your mob size

Amber_
12-28-2011, 08:39 AM
Okay, you players lvl 85-100 that are sad/pissed over HL's attacking and robbing you... We've all been there! Every HL player who's attacking you had the same problem when they were at your level. As you all now, when you reach around lvl 90, you become a target for the players up to 200. You get robbed and attacked A LOT, but it's the same for everyone. The only thing you can do is try to level up. I'm currently level 113, and it's already better.
Think of it, when YOU reach higher levels, YOU'll be the ones "raping" the 90lvl-players. You just have to endure for a little while.

Max Power
12-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Okay, you players lvl 85-100 that are sad/pissed over HL's attacking and robbing you... We've all been there! Every HL player who's attacking you had the same problem when they were at your level. As you all now, when you reach around lvl 90, you become a target for the players up to 200. You get robbed and attacked A LOT, but it's the same for everyone. The only thing you can do is try to level up. I'm currently level 113, and it's already better.
Think of it, when YOU reach higher levels, YOU'll be the ones "raping" the 90lvl-players. You just have to endure for a little while.

Exactly.

Crying about it isn't gonna change a thing.

Anubis
12-28-2011, 01:17 PM

You can't put it any better than this.

This is why up until this stage its recomended that you level as slowly as possible, building your stats and camping when necesary. Robbing for respect to build your Respect items up and camping when higher income (and previously loldef buildings). However good you are by 90+ your still going to get slaughtered. Don't worry about your win/loss ratio's. If they were good going into this area of the game they will still be good on the other side, just with losses in the 2-3K range instead of the 500-1K area.

I'm level 110 now and it has all eased off. I spent 20 levels PVP-ing my ass off, gaining pvp loot, M4's, respect, and getting the hell out of the RED zone. If your stats are not good going into this area then you should of read the guides. If you still have streak missions to finish by 90 then you have gone wrong but make a thread with stats, income, and whatever other important information is needed and we will do our best to help you through whilst strenghthening your ****.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-28-2011, 02:12 PM
... If your stats are not good going into this area then you should of read the guides.

what attack and defense points do you consider "good"?

Anubis
12-28-2011, 03:00 PM
what attack and defense points do you consider "good"?

14-15K by lvl90-95 is good

15-16K is very good

Cooz for example hasnt spent any gold and has over 17K att at lvl ~96. Ask him for advice in maxing before the RED zone.

Obviously gold will always add advantage as long as you know how to play the game with the addition of your gold items. You will see ppl who have bought gold items at level 100 whose defence is less that 10K.

With the above stats just PVP from the Rival screen your apponents. I'm lvl 110 and come accros lvl 100-115 players with 10-16K defence (My mafia att is 19100 but I spent gold on 1K att of that.) I can compete easlily with ppl my range and above. I spent lvl's 70-90 robbing only, the game got very boring but it prepared me in a way for HL fighting as I got max Respect items. The HL's will crush you until you get out of the 90-110 range regardless but the whole aspect of the game changes in many ways for the better.

greeneyes
12-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Barely see 90-95 with 14-15K, unless those spent no less than 1 grand.

90-95 are often about 10-12K. many 100s still about 10-12k without real cash.

without spending real cash, what weapons make 90-95 lvl has 14-15k attack points ? (don't give example of those who max M4A1s)

jlhy
12-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Players who focus on attacking rather than robing usually have 14-15k attack by that level from all the pvp drops they accumulate.

greeneyes
12-28-2011, 03:47 PM
I'm 130 & I attack 100s everyday, 90% of them has less than 14k atk/def. it will be a big surprise if 90-95 are stronger than 100s.

pvp loots? most of them are average items. only rare pvp items has atk > 10.

jlhy
12-28-2011, 03:58 PM
True, but if you look at their Fights won to Robberies won ratio all those players with under 15k Fights won have the weak stats. Those that have more than 15k Fights won have around 13-14k + attack/defense. Its the constant accumulation that adds to the stats filling in the empty equipment slots.

martMode
12-28-2011, 05:25 PM
this is initiation stage... and it will go on until one gets to level 200...

the real fun begins now from level 100 on...

greeneyes
12-28-2011, 05:32 PM
this is initiation stage... and it will go on until one gets to level 200...

the real fun begins now from level 100 on...

the rival list (or r-a-p-e list) aims to 80 - 100, above that level people are seldom attacked by others. I'm 130, attack people below my level give max 7 respect points, if attack 120 or 100 give the same amount of respect points, I choose 100, anyway it's hard to find lvl 120.

K@le
12-28-2011, 05:47 PM
I am lvl 104 and 2 weeks ago i was beaten up and ****d more then ever lol, this morning my rivals list let me see people with lvl 74 -79 haha offcourse i spent the whole 40 stamina on raping them, some guy had $190k on hand and offcourse i took some of it.
But 10 min later i was beaten up by a lvl 159 and i lost 300k explosives pffff, so thats how it will be my friend **** and get ****d.......lol
Good luck and get some defense, i also defended well today against a lvl 138 he had 21k atk and my def is 23.5k, so just byt some good weapons.
By the way i bought gold, but only for the buildings..

whocareswhatmynameis
12-28-2011, 06:03 PM
14-15K by lvl90-95 is good

15-16K is very good

i am encouraged by your post as i inch closer to lvl 90. using that metrics, my stats aren't so bad. i have 19.5K defense (17.5K without explosives, mostly mafia points). i'm half way through building maximum number of lvl 1 gatlings. my attack points aren't as great though(14K). my primary goal has been to building up my defenses. i find that it is easier to increase your defenses than attack points.

TemplarX
12-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Barely see 90-95 with 14-15K, unless those spent no less than 1 grand. 90-95 are often about 10-12K. many 100s still about 10-12k without real cash. without spending real cash, what weapons make 90-95 lvl has 14-15k attack points ? (don't give example of those who max M4A1s)

Assuming Level 95, that will have 95*5 = 475 mafia size. Assuming 30 attack points / mafia, that will give you 14250 attack points. Spread those attack points over the 4 weapon classes and each weapon should be of 7.5 attack point grade. A bundle consisting of (Assault Rifle + Steel Garrote + Swat Helmet + Yamaha Bike) gives you (7+10+4+13) = 34 attack points per mafia. Total cost is ($36k + $53k + $18k) = $107k + 325 respect points.

Thats the Basic Package of giving your mafia a 34 attack point average... WITHOUT SPENDING ON GOLD. This Basic Package is often supplemented by M4A1s and other loot items.

I am now level 100 with 450 mafia (I should be 500 for max power)... and attack 16271 and def 18387. That averages to be about 36 attack point average. Not very good, but (i) I don't spend gold (ii) I make that up with 100 skill points allocated to both attack and defense (I think that's much higher than what average players would allocate). That comes with a cost, because I don't have much energy points, so I am low on M4A1s compared to many High Level players.

greeneyes
12-28-2011, 11:49 PM
With "if," Paris could be put in a bottle.

I don't want to argue with those "if" people.
the calculation is $107k + 325 respect points / mob. with 475 mobs need 154.375 respect points & $50M. That is the BIG "IF". You need to add IF his income is 100k/hour....

I know many lvl 90-95 people stronger than 14-16k atk. Without cash they need support from hundreds M4A1s, never see those without M4A1s & no gold weapons can achieve that. There are not enough strong weapons for them.

I don't have much energy points, so I am low on M4A1s compared to many High Level players.

how many M4A1s you got ? 200 ? 300 ?

TemplarX
12-29-2011, 01:00 AM
I know many lvl 90-95 people stronger than 14-16k atk. Without cash they need support from hundreds M4A1s, never see those without M4A1s & no gold weapons can achieve that. There are not enough strong weapons for them.

how many M4A1s you got ? 200 ? 300 ?

I only have 160 M4A1s. I was a bit late to farm, and they lowered the drop rate soon after. Also I don't have enough energy points as I dislike the map quests. I have good win:loss ratio so I get good loot items without losing them...that is until this week when HLs start coming at me and I think I may be losing loot.

I still have 10,000 un-used respect points, and $1m cash which I can use to boost my points. I also have capacity for 50 mafia which I estimate would give me average 9 points each for a further 450 gain in attack points.

Max Power
12-29-2011, 04:50 AM
I only have 160 M4A1s. I was a bit late to farm, and they lowered the drop rate soon after. Also I don't have enough energy points as I dislike the map quests. I have good win:loss ratio so I get good loot items without losing them...that is until this week when HLs start coming at me and I think I may be losing loot.

I still have 10,000 un-used respect points, and $1m cash which I can use to boost my points. I also have capacity for 50 mafia which I estimate would give me average 9 points each for a further 450 gain in attack points.

You don't lose loot, and camping on respect poinjts does you no good unless you are waiting for Exeleros.

TemplarX
12-29-2011, 06:57 AM
You don't lose loot, and camping on respect poinjts does you no good unless you are waiting for Exeleros.
Precisely I am saving for the exeleros since they are just 15 lvls away. When you attack someone and gains a weapon, the loser doesn't get one deducted?

martMode
12-29-2011, 05:14 PM
i have 19.5K defense (17.5K without explosives, mostly mafia points).

dude, I gave up on explosives. so long as the levels 150 and above attack, they will just all get burnt away. And they are a strain on the econ... perhaps you got a higher econ, I only got $15k per hour (yah, this aint high).

whocareswhatmynameis
12-29-2011, 05:32 PM
dude, I gave up on explosives. so long as the levels 150 and above attack, they will just all get burnt away. And they are a strain on the econ... perhaps you got a higher econ, I only got $15k per hour (yah, this aint high).

i have stopped replenishing my explosives. i must say, explosives have been helpful so far. they have served a dual purpose, as a deterrent and as a modest booster of defense stats. but i realize that once the floodgates open (and higher level players start attacking), explosives will be useless. that's why i'm building lvl 1 gatlings. i'm also farming M4A1s. i plan to buy mace,riot helmet, and pickup truck (18 defense points for $28.4K per mafia) to equip poorly armed mafia. this should comfortably replace any defense points that will be lost from explosive consumption. i estimate that my defense will be close to 20K. luckily, my economy is decent (61K/hr) so i can support the investment needed to increase my defenses.

deuces
12-29-2011, 06:44 PM
thanks for the reminder about mace and riot helmets. Im going to spend my next 3-4 days buying a couple hundred of each. assuming i gain an avg of 3 defense per purchase 400 will give me an extra 1.2k defense in probably 3.5 days. thats a 10% gain adding on to my 12k defense at level 82.

TemplarX
12-30-2011, 09:49 AM
Thanks to all who responded to my whiner post. It's encouraging to hear the experiences of those who have been there done that. I hear all your good advice...max your mafia, level up quick to get out of the "**** zone", you need a $30k/h economy at the very least by lvl 100, and go for pvp attack to secure good loot and gain respect. And i think there is a concensus that defensive explosives ends up blowing a hole in your own pants!

I am waiting to see if the new year holiday period causes the rival list to "expand" again. Happy New Year everyone.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-30-2011, 12:03 PM
thanks for the reminder about mace and riot helmets. Im going to spend my next 3-4 days buying a couple hundred of each. assuming i gain an avg of 3 defense per purchase 400 will give me an extra 1.2k defense in probably 3.5 days. thats a 10% gain adding on to my 12k defense at level 82.

yes, i'm all for good defense on the cheap!

niclas
12-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Im level 118 and i have spend a ot of skill points on stamina..I have 70 and Im an enforser so my stamina bar fills up quickly..That mean that i can rob alot and it gets me those imortent respect points to buy RPG and Chain WHIP and Excelero..
I maby not be much but i get at least at Escelero a day..I have 64 rpg and 70 chain whips and now im buying exceleros of witch i have 8..
I have read on this page how to get the m4a1 so ill try that to get more powerfull..

Amber_
01-01-2012, 06:22 AM
Im level 118 and i have spend a ot of skill points on stamina..I have 70 and Im an enforser so my stamina bar fills up quickly..That mean that i can rob alot and it gets me those imortent respect points to buy RPG and Chain WHIP and Excelero..
I maby not be much but i get at least at Escelero a day..I have 64 rpg and 70 chain whips and now im buying exceleros of witch i have 8..
I have read on this page how to get the m4a1 so ill try that to get more powerfull..

Same here, I'm level 115 with 72 stamina. I use it all to just farm and farm respect. It takes time though so you need to be able to play quite often and have patience, but respect is very important imo.

hunter
01-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Same here, I'm level 115 with 72 stamina. I use it all to just farm and farm respect. It takes time though so you need to be able to play quite often and have patience, but respect is very important imo.

I find it impossible to equip 500 mobs with strong respect weapons like 500 RPGs or 500 Chain Whips or 500 Exeleros... but I saw one with 500 M4A1s & 500 stone hammers make him about 30k atk points... and still have many super strong hidden weapons around the map...

if the multipliers only x10, 300 attack skill points only give you 3000 atk points, that is nothing compare to 500 good weapons from map...

so adding most skill points to energy is the best strategy. adding too many points to attack/defense or stamina does not help for the long run.

Duke.0
01-01-2012, 09:35 AM
What i learned is that when you attack a rival, the game picks the strongest attack items to use against them.

When you defend against an attack, the game uses the strongest DEFENSE items against them.

Therefore you can buy items specifically for defense, just as you would offense. Like whocares said, mace +6, riot helmets+8, Pickup trucks (+4), riot shields (+12) can all be used to boost your defense.

Maybe this has been said already in this thread, maybe you know this....but its worth putting it in again so everybody can see it ;)

TemplarX
01-01-2012, 10:36 AM
What i learned is that when you attack a rival, the game picks the strongest attack items to use against them.Therefore you can buy items specifically for defense, just as you would offense. Like whocares said, mace +6, riot helmets+8, Pickup trucks (+4), riot shields (+12) can all be used to boost your defense.

In this instance, does it mean that a weapon that specialises on attack or defense is a better buy than one that is both...ie, for the same price, is a 12-2 or a 2-12 better than a 7-7 ?

theONE
01-24-2012, 07:56 PM
have fun trying to understand the mechanics of the game lol

p.s to the OP, hey if you think THAT'S annoying, mafia wars is worse, and thats why i walked away from the game, it was hard as its a addictive game, but getting ****d repeatedly and killed everyday by people with levels over 2000-3000 etc and i'm only level 200 or less (can't remember it was AGES ago) its just poor mechanics and unfair gameplay. Also to add insult to injury to they would attack until there HP is low and go into what they call 'zombie mode' i.e too weak to be attacked (cowards)

but don't complain because feeling weak is part of the marketing strategy, but i refuse to pay real cash to get stronger.