PDA

View Full Version : Prime Example

Djin
12-24-2011, 08:09 PM
Here's a guy (JesusSQ) who is ranked 16, has 133 units and an attack of 300 and defense of 333. Has 88,821 in the bank with 40,000 an hour. His base is MASSIVE!

I make 14,367 an hour, less then 4,000 in the bank, my attack is 177 and my defense is 229. I have 125 units. What the **** am I doing wrong? My base looks like a ghost town compared to his.

I've lost 95 fights out of 392. I didn't start losing almost 100% of my battles until I hit around level 14. Before that I couldn't be beat.

How can someone have a base almost double the size of mine and making that much money? I bet he "camps".

This is what I mean by I'm going to quit... if I don't camp or don't find a way to cheat I cannot compete with people at the same level as me without getting my ass kicked.

Djin
12-24-2011, 08:11 PM
HE has TWO Weapon Factories! TWO! I don't even have one. Seriously this person is cheating or has found a way to make tons of moneyh. Also, how the **** can this person have high level buildings when one of my building is taking 24 hours to upgrade. I don't get how people can ****ing do this without spending like $500+ on this ****ing game.

I don't want to quit or stop playing because I enjoy the game, but with the people now all camping and getting money and just having crazy bases, there's really no point in someone like myself who's trying to enjoy the game without getting ****d.

Tramp Stamp
12-24-2011, 08:50 PM
I'll just put this here.

http://i.imgur.com/CqIWl.png
http://i.imgur.com/t3oZO.png
http://i.imgur.com/IgIAt.png

Agent Orange
12-24-2011, 09:19 PM
That really is quite brilliant TS!

Just had something interesting happen, someone who has an attack value 2000 times greater than my defensive value lost the second of two attacks. I doubt they would have lost 2k worth of units in the attack so what happened? Someone else pointed out that the second attack is more failure prone for some weird reason but this is happening quite often lately with my base. Now I do have a very high skill defense score but why it only kicks in on the second attack is very weird.

emcee
12-24-2011, 10:57 PM
HE has TWO Weapon Factories! TWO! I don't even have one. Seriously this person is cheating or has found a way to make tons of moneyh. Also, how the **** can this person have high level buildings when one of my building is taking 24 hours to upgrade. I don't get how people can ****ing do this without spending like $500+ on this ****ing game.

I don't want to quit or stop playing because I enjoy the game, but with the people now all camping and getting money and just having crazy bases, there's really no point in someone like myself who's trying to enjoy the game without getting ****d.

Matthew, its best you quit this game and go back to your blogging. I would tone down on the hostililty and maybe your 26th application may prove fruitful. Just saying....

Wildfire
12-25-2011, 12:31 AM
Wow Tramp Stamp, I wish I had your patience, that must have taken for ever to build just keeping a very low profile. The pink bush looks like you're we'll in touch with your feminine side! I'm sitting at level 35 now trying to build up to that strength of economy, it would have been much easier had I done it sooner like are. That bank balance would attract an onslaught of attacks at my level.

AO I've had a similar experience to you overnight, I was attacked twice by a player with 3000+ attack (nearly 2000 of this in gold units) to my 2200 defence, I didn't loose any units but he won, lost and won again on 3 attacks in rapid succession so I still think there is a degree of a random number in here somewhere, but there does seem to be a loading on the second attack too, I've seen it fail most often. I just wish I could see what they lost unit wise attacking me, because I don't believe they had time between attacks to buy more.

Happy Christmas everyone!

Zackky11
12-25-2011, 12:46 AM
This game you have to play slow to begin lol since doing that I'm pretty much capped on the buildings I can buy till lvl 22

EnjoyLife
12-25-2011, 04:46 AM
OMG, How many times do we have to tell you before you will open your ears? You don't want to hear it, so you won't listen to us. You act like one of the occupiers that I see on TV...

Viduus
12-26-2011, 07:05 AM
Since when is camping cheating? I don't have the patience to do it but I'm impressed by those that do. Games like this are about winning at any cost (within the rules) and camping is just another way to win. Just take your time, get stronger and beat them.

duder
12-26-2011, 08:16 AM
It's as if folks come to the forums just to complain.

@Djin
Look around, there are folks who are trying to help out with how to build up an economy.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13937-Suggested-opening-moves-for-an-economy-base

If you're trying to figure out what to do with all your unspent stamina while pulling together enough cash and allies to follow the suggestions in this thread, I'd recommend only raiding buildings (level 3+ command centers and munitions stockpiles around your level).

You probably still have energy to burn, right? Do only the missions that you already have the equips for - you do get bonuses for leveling up missions.

Follow this advice, you'll stop putting yourself in a hole economically, and you'll stop leveling to the point where everyone in your rival list can spank you.

Folks who are successful at this game aren't cheating, they've just taken the time to dust off their noggins and apply a little skull sweat to the problem. You're level 14 in a game that goes up to 200. I'm not doing that great myself - I also leveled myself into a hole in terms of being equipped well enough to be successful with a base that produces enough to replace my units. Add to that the fact that literally every other person who attacks me has either spent over $100 in real cash, has 50% or more allies than I do, has 5+ levels on me, or all three and I'm in a bit of a bind.

However, I have a plan to get out of my situation. It involves investing the bulk of my economy into my economy, finding ways to work around the fact that I can't really defend myself against aggressors vis a vis needing cash to buy big things, and completing goals on my own terms.

Honestly the game isn't that hard, You just need to buy into the concept that you need patience that spans farther than an hour or a day to be able to be successful in the long run. If your goal is to be successful, you don't buy in, and you keep playing, well strap in for a bumpy ride.