PDA

View Full Version : I sold all those buildings!

Ram
12-24-2011, 02:58 PM
Crematorium level 1
History Museum level 3
Meat Factory level 4
Pawn Shop level 10
Arcade level 7
Shoe Store level 1
Beachside Inn level 1

Do you think I made a mistake selling all those buildings?

I'm making some place to build the russian restaurant, french restaurant, upscale club and the condos.

My income went down a little bit. nothing major...

Brent
12-24-2011, 03:16 PM
I wouldn't of deleted them If I were u, u should of just expanded ur hood then build them.

xclusiv
12-24-2011, 03:40 PM
no mistake made those buildings are rubbish, and instead of spending 5 million for an upgrade your using it buy better buildings, even you realised yourself your income went down but nothing major which probably means those buildings were doing nothing for you. i would of done the same thing.

Ram
12-24-2011, 04:12 PM
I wouldn't of deleted them If I were u, u should of just expanded ur hood then build them.I have enough place in my hood and I'm doing the $4.8 Million expansion right now. So I have a lot of place.

My income went down for like 2k. nothing major... will easily be replaced by the upscale club.

And I just didn't like those ****ty buildings. Half of them are ugly. you know even the beachside inn I didn't like. The worst was the ****in crematorium... ugh!

I'm happy right now!

Merry Christmas ho ho ho!

Brent
12-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Well I guess it wasn't too bad, I'm thinking about selling some of my ****ty buildings too.

Kirbnite
12-24-2011, 06:48 PM
Crematorium level 1
History Museum level 3
Meat Factory level 4
Pawn Shop level 10
Arcade level 7
Shoe Store level 1
Beachside Inn level 1

Do you think I made a mistake selling all those buildings?

I'm making some place to build the russian restaurant, french restaurant, upscale club and the condos.

My income went down a little bit. nothing major...

I look at it this way. Any building you can collect from on a routine 100% of the time without getting robbed or missing a collection time should never get sold. Only good sells you made were these three in my opinion:

Arcade level 7
Shoe Store level 1
Beachside Inn level 1

The build time alone you sold is not worth the sell. Pawn shop level 10? 24hr building that only takes up a 4x4 space. No gain from selling. Only losing time and money.

Meat market is a good income building. Crematorium. 120 hrs to build.

Now this is only an opinion, but selling a building, you should always factor in everything. Build time invested, money spent, and how much space your going to gain. Chances are you could have sold 1 building, expanded, built 1 of the buildings your interested in and by the time everything completed had room for the other interests of yours.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-24-2011, 07:36 PM
Agree with Kirbnite.

Between the level 10 pawn shop and the crematorium, you had invested 15 days worth of time. In addition, Beachside Inn is a 24 hour building with decent income base and near 100% collection rate. I would have kept these 3. I think you need to plan ahead before you build a money building. That way, you will not waste money and more importantly time imho.

Fig Oni
12-24-2011, 11:50 PM
Well done for selling, wasted your time and money selling any building if you have room to spare also you mentioned you lost around 2k per hour but you could have left them as bait buildings. But as you dont use strategy much it worthless me explaining

Ram
12-25-2011, 12:54 AM
LOL guys you don't seem to understand that my income is over 100k per hour and I don't really care about those buildings...

TemplarX
12-25-2011, 01:52 AM
Ouch level 10 pawn shops! They dun take up much space do they...

Anubis
12-25-2011, 02:50 AM
From Ram with love!

Durantular
12-25-2011, 05:12 AM
OP.. why the heck does one sell a 24 hour building? You don't make sense.. at the least, sell the arcade, and build one. Collect from your pawn, crematorium whatever, then build one. Etc..

By the way.. the russian restaurant pays 10k every 6 hours. So 40k a day - tops (barring tycoon, which would be 44k)
I assume it'd get robbed while you sleep. Perhaps once through the day.. its fair to say that at best you'd get 35k a day on average, maybe a bit more or less some days, but 35k for conversations sake. If you top more than that you've done well.. but whatever. I think it'll be 35k avg (tycoon).

The crematorium is a 24hr building which takes up a tad more space, and pays 30k daily (33k tycoon). You can already see where I'm going here..

24 hour buildings are the best to collect. You know when they'll pay, and because of this should get a 100% collection 100% of the time. If you forget, you forget, but the new time stays firm in your head. Basically, you should avg a collection on this at 32-33k, tycoon.

So, after investing 120 hours in constructing this building, you've sold it. By the way, at tycoon, you get your money back on it in 41 days, including construction time. You've sold it for a building which costs $2,000,000.. for an average of 35k a day. Include building time, its over 55 days return. And 6 hour buildings are quite bad compared to a 24 hour building. Sure you might have it planned to collect it at 8am, then 2pm then 8pm, get robbed once to collect the next morning at 8 and continue. By the way, I just realised, you may only collect it 3 times total, one being a robbery. So expect under 30k a day.
Back to original point, one morning you might sleep in and miss the collection. One day in the arvo you might not be able to get it.
Overall, you'd grab more from the crematorium daily than the russion restaurant.

Basically, a horrid decision.

Max Power
12-25-2011, 06:18 AM
Man, it's just a game and just for fun. If he hated the way those buildings look, more power to him.

You spreadsheet players crack me up. You talk about hours lost as if it is coming off the end of his life.

It's just a frickin game, not a life's mission.

G Wiz
12-25-2011, 06:35 AM
Man, it's just a game and just for fun. If he hated the way those buildings look, more power to him.

You spreadsheet players crack me up. You talk about hours lost as if it is coming off the end of his life.

It's just a frickin game, not a life's mission.i agree max...sometimes we players get to caught up in the technicalities of the game and forget thats what this thing is.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-25-2011, 06:59 AM

It's just a frickin game, not a life's mission.

if he hated how the buildings look, fine! but, he did ask if he made a wrong decision. and thus my post. i'm just volunteering my opinion. no harm done!

Babytway
12-25-2011, 07:32 AM
LOL guys you don't seem to understand that my income is over 100k per hour and I don't really care about those buildings...

if you didn't care about those building why are asking if you made a mistake?

TemplarX
12-25-2011, 09:55 AM
Ahh, so this is an ego post...ok, I'll give it to you : Impressive Ram!

Duke.0
12-25-2011, 10:03 AM
My opinion, i would have kept the 12/24/48 hour buildings as the collection is easy to get :) Even if you kept them at level 1, i would have kept them, but thats just me and my play style. I prefer the 12/24/48.

but if you felt like selling them because they are ugly, go for it :) People from the above posts are correct, its just a game and its not a big deal :)

Ram
12-25-2011, 11:58 AM
if you didn't care about those building why are asking if you made a mistake?
Just to see the crybabies scream like a little girl on crack!

Babytway
12-25-2011, 12:16 PM
your thread is a waste of space then

Ram
12-25-2011, 12:19 PM
Go ahead delete it

HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS!

DeathWish
12-25-2011, 05:20 PM
This guy makes a thread asks for our opinion if we liked the idea of selling the buildings he listed then he goes off on people who gave their opinion then says I dont care about these buildings, they look ugly and my income is over $100 K an hour, then why the hell did you make this thread? Change your misleading title, it sounds like you're bragging