PDA

View Full Version : High level attacks

thspiral
12-24-2011, 05:19 AM
OK this is not a crybaby thread. I enjoy the game. I am just wondering if Funzio has ever come out and explained the reason that they let high level players attack much lower level players, later in the game? since the low to mid 80s I have been attacked by players that are sometimes 40+ levels higher than I am.

The problem for me with this is that I enjoy PvP in this game and other games. By allowing such overpowered people attack me it completely removes the fun of PvP, where you have at least some chance of getting revenge on your tormentors. What is the point for the person being attacked, or really for the attacker when there is practically zero chance of revenge and no fear of reprisal? At least for me, Having battles back and forth with people is what makes most games like this fun.

So back to my question, why is this a game mechanic?

Just for the record I'm a mid level player as far as stats go
lvl 89
Attack: 12597
Def: 15967

Euchred
12-24-2011, 05:37 AM
I'm not sure if we've ever received an official answer but it's speculated that the people attacking you at about level 130 don't have enough other people at their level to fill their rival list. So to keep the game interesting for them they can see lower levels instead of the same people over and over that are their level.

thspiral
12-24-2011, 06:46 AM
Well, I guess in absence of an official explanation, that sounds like it's a fairly logical one. Thanks for the insight.

Lola Gets
12-24-2011, 07:17 AM
Based on reading the forum over time, the number does seem to be adjusting. I am still at a low level, so can't confirm, but it seems like as more players start playing the level you begin getting high level attacks is increasing. Older threads mention mid 70s, but now people are seeing high level attacks beginning in late 80s. Hopefully this will become less and less of an issue as more players play and level up.

Max Power
12-24-2011, 07:52 AM
It used to be in the mid-60s. I was really worried about leveling to level 70 at one time. Seems quaint now.

rustbinlid
12-24-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure if we've ever received an official answer but it's speculated that the people attacking you at about level 130 don't have enough other people at their level to fill their rival list. So to keep the game interesting for them they can see lower levels instead of the same people over and over that are their level.

In the level 130's and I am very lucky if I see another player in the 130's levels. Without refreshing the current list is 101 to 119. After a refresh 95 to 147, but only 3 players over 120, none in the 130's. Player at level 147 has worse stats than most of the 95's. 'His', stats are attack 7623 and defence 13403. And most of his buildings are ready for collection. Nice.