PDA

View Full Version : Modern War Tortoise guide for newbies. Slow and steady.....

emcee
12-23-2011, 08:34 PM
You don't have to spend any real dollars to have good income. The key to this game (for someone not spending real dollars) is to camp from the beginning. Stop all leveling activities and attack no one and do no missions. Also do not add any alliance members unlike Crime City, which I find if employing the same strategy you should max alliance and equip with all best weapons and armor, etc.

Currently at level 3.
Missions completed 2
Fights won 5
Fights lost 0
Successful raids/Failed raids 0
Alliance members 1
# of units 13
Alliance attack 57
Alliance defense 59
Income per hour 82,175
Money 6,004,760
No gold purchased.

My friend's account employing the same strategy got bumped to level 5 with attacks when he decided to max alliance members but quickly learned to dump all.

He's at level 5.
Missions completed 2
Fights won 40
Fights lost 3
Alliance members 1
# of units 35
Alliance attack 71
Alliance defense 87
Income per hour 76,858
Money 6,482,553
No gold purchased.
4 guard towers

Both accounts have the max buildings available to purchase without gold

By concentrating on establishing a strong income base in the beginning will allow easier upgrade of all units, buildings, base expansion with a lower chance of getting attacked and/or raided. Also, there is no need to worry much about losing units during down time as players are not attacking much in the beginning. New players are in essence not seasoned enough in the beginning and chances are would not be able to penetrate your strong defense. Buy heavy gunner, anti aircraft vehicle, harrier jet and stealth boat as soon as possible to fortify against attacks. Once purchased sit back and upgrade income buildings and expand base at your leisure.

For those reading this guide who have leveled higher camping is still a viable option. Stop all further activity and concentrate on upgrading money buildings and if necessary invest in defense units. Drop all alliance members and hopefully you will fall off the radar of larger better equipped rivals.

************************************************** ******************************************
Note: This is a hardcore camping guide with emphasis on not leveling at all cost coupled with maintaining an enviable win loss percentage.
************************************************** ******************************************

Agent Orange
12-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Good solid, logical approach.

Djin
12-24-2011, 04:17 PM
Figures people cheat. What a ****ing joke. And I know you'll be like "It's not cheating.." or something like "Don't like it, don't play."

Well, I play the correct way. I don't need to be a fag loser who bends the rules to make tons of money. ****ing loser.

angelica
12-24-2011, 04:26 PM
A little inappropriate don't you think? It's a game, people cheat, c'est la vie. I know that I am not being held against my will and being forced to play this game.

emcee
12-24-2011, 04:42 PM
Figures people cheat. What a ****ing joke. And I know you'll be like "It's not cheating.." or something like "Don't like it, don't play."

Well, I play the correct way. I don't need to be a fag loser who bends the rules to make tons of money. ****ing loser.

I don't know where you've come to this conclusion that camping is cheating. Having read your posting history you've obviously have issues with this game.

It's comical that you play the correct way as there are no rules to playing this game. As long as you are not hacking the game and actually cheating every other way of playing is absolutely fine. Even those people who want to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars buying gold is fine. By the way I am in the no gold camp. If you don't like this maybe you should stick to solitaire.

Merry Xmas :)

Djin
12-24-2011, 05:44 PM
A little inappropriate don't you think? It's a game, people cheat, c'est la vie. I know that I am not being held against my will and being forced to play this game.

I knew someone would say this. It's a game that I enjoy. I shouldn't have to worry about people "camping" and cheating. You have nothing to say because you probably are one of those people.

I don't know where you've come to this conclusion that camping is cheating. Having read your posting history you've obviously have issues with this game.

It's comical that you play the correct way as there are no rules to playing this game. As long as you are not hacking the game and actually cheating every other way of playing is absolutely fine. Even those people who want to spend hundreds if not thousands of dollars buying gold is fine. By the way I am in the no gold camp. If you don't like this maybe you should stick to solitaire.

Merry Xmas :)

Cheating is something when the game isn't designed to do it. It's getting the edge against people, and the majority of people wouldn't do this, so yeah, it's cheating. There are no rules, but people shouldn't have that much gold at that level, and yes like I said, it's considered cheating.

even though you "can" do it, I know it was not designed to play it that way.

emcee
12-24-2011, 06:01 PM
Let's look at this in another way. People who are born with a silver spoon in their mouth, go to the best schools, get great jobs are cheating right? Cheating in life.
People who come from nothing, work hard to get the best grades in school, graduate with honours, get an entry level job but applies themselves, are thrifty and invest their money into, stocks or real estate and become self made millionaires are cheating in life as well.
Then there are people like Bernie Madoff who create their own wealth by defrauding others.
Are all these people in your eyes cheaters because they don't play the game of life like you do?
Not sure how many times I need to reiterate, as long as you are not hacking the game everything else you do is fine and is not cheating. How many people here are waiting with pitch forks and torches ready to storm Funzio's gate with you leading them?

My friend, you should stop being so cynical and put on a pair of rose coloured glasses or better yet move to North Korea, where your rules may have some weight.

Happy holidays :)

Wildfire
12-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Djin, you have ranted in several posts about how you've been getting beaten up in the game, people have freely given advice as to how to play the game effectively and counteract those who have spent large sums of money on the game. Playing the game "properly" as you describe it without spending real money will get you beaten up in the early stages by anyone who has gold units. The best way to counteract them is to build a strong economy and defence until you are well established, but it is frustratingly slow and for a good reason. The developers want you to spend real money to get buildings and upgrades completed quickly as well as spending real money on units.

Camping isn't cheating, it's a tactic, just like any other. Some people go for maximum allies, some do every mission in sight, some only play pvp, some do a bit of everything. In all cases you have to balance your economy or you'll get in trouble with the high unit loss in the game. I attacked everything I could up to about level 25 at which point the unit loss started to swamp what I could generate, the only choices to keep progressing were either to send real money or slow up and improve my economy. Well looking at the spend from some of he people who were attacking and raiding me the real money option was a non starter and besides I'd call that "cheating" it's much more satisfying to hold your own through developing the right tactics rather than buying success. Also with the way the developers have changed the game, look at some of Agent Orange and Tramp Stamp's posts and you'll get the picture, the game has changed so that currently you really need a good economy to pay for attacking as it's near certain to always run at a loss now. Also when build times hit several days camping will obviously go along with this it's the nature of the game.

Djin
12-24-2011, 08:12 PM
I refuse to camp. IT was not intended, therefor it's cheating. Just like corner shooting in games like Call of Duty. I think I'm done playing this game because the tactics are ****ing worthless, just like the developers.

Wildfire
12-25-2011, 12:53 AM
Call of Duty eh, I've just reached Prestige 10 in MW3! Now corner shooting as you call it is one annoying element, along with bunny hopping, quick scope sniping, and in MW3 Akimbo's, however, as the game allows you to do them all they are just tactics they are not cheating. You can use them or counteract them, it's a personal choice, depending on how you want to play.

Exactly the same applies to Modern War, you can use whatever tactics or combinations of tactics you like, if they aren't working it's not the games fault, it just means you need to change your strategy.

schlumpf
12-25-2011, 01:03 AM
Let me propose a new rule: You may only expand your base in the lower right corner. Everyone who does it differently is a pathetic cheater. I refuse to play with people who have a square base, because this obviously means they are homosexuals, people who expand in the upper right are black, and people with irregularly shaped bases should be banned at once, as any word i could use to label them would be far to offensive to post.

EnjoyLife
12-25-2011, 04:52 AM
I refuse to camp. IT was not intended, therefor it's cheating. Just like corner shooting in games like Call of Duty. I think I'm done playing this game because the tactics are ****ing worthless, just like the developers.

How do YOU know what was NOT intended in the game? Use your brain. This game is about economics. If you want more guns, you get less butter. If you want more butter, you get less guns...

Leetfeet
12-25-2011, 06:54 AM
Obvious troll..

Let's use Djinn's logic the fun way.

1. Game's prime directive is to make money.
2. If you don't do what the game is made to do, you cheat.
3. If you don't buy gold, you cheat.
4. Install the game and you are already cheating.

Spass.

Saying camping is cheating is like saying studying the stock market before you invest is cheating. JUST SPEND IT ALL AT THE PRETTIEST LOGO!!

angelica
12-25-2011, 09:14 AM
How do YOU know what was NOT intended in the game?

I agree, unless he has some inside knowledge that no one else is privy to? But what would that indicate? I have not come across a Funzio developed manual on how to play this game, therefore I am playing it how I think it should be played and how I want to play it. If this includes camping or slowing down my rate of progression, then that is what I am going to do!

duder
12-25-2011, 10:54 AM
You know, the other funny thing about this is if you play the game in such a way that you level consistently (doing missions all day is an unstoppable source of xp) and on the side attack everyone around you, you'll probably never have to deal with a camper coming up from behind you. The whole point of camping is that you don't level...

If somehow you play this game the "right" way and get attacked by a camper, chances are that camper is on his way up anyways and will blow right by you (however, I don't think anyone has seen this happen in this game yet as I don't think any of the campers have truly pulled together a competitive advantage).

Anyway, camp on campers! Level on levelers! Spend on spenders! And rant on ranters! I think this game truly has a little something for everyone.

Mortus
12-25-2011, 11:35 AM
LOL! Djin must have spend some money on this and now feel like the big loser because he gets beaten by poor campers all the time! Some *******cheaters! Heads up Djin, just spend some more gold and you'll be fine (for a while)

bapesta206
12-25-2011, 12:28 PM
LOL! Djin must have spend some money on this and now feel like the big loser because he gets beaten by poor campers all the time! Some *******cheaters! Heads up Djin, just spend some more gold and you'll be fine (for a while)
lol Must be true!

Agent Orange
12-26-2011, 08:04 AM
I knew someone would say this. It's a game that I enjoy. I shouldn't have to worry about people "camping" and cheating. You have nothing to say because you probably are one of those people.

Cheating is something when the game isn't designed to do it. It's getting the edge against people, and the majority of people wouldn't do this, so yeah, it's cheating. There are no rules, but people shouldn't have that much gold at that level, and yes like I said, it's considered cheating.

even though you "can" do it, I know it was not designed to play it that way.

I hardly think having a good strategy in a 'strategy' game is cheating..... Sounds more like sour g****s because someone didn't sit back and study the game...

If you did play the game the way the developers intended you'd be broke because you would be constantly trying to catch up to those who appear to have spend several thousand dollars of real money just to be the most powerful players. Thing is so what, so they have deeper pockets or higher debt load. Is that 'fair' ? I dunno because I could care less, if that's what floats their boat so be it, I have better things to spend my money on like more tangible toys. Cars, motorcycles, real estate, travel, killer meals, and fine beverages for starters.

Those being bombed back to the stone age should take a look at that strategy, at the very least nuke allies if that is putting you in whale territory and start building up your economy so you can at some point mount a good defense. I hesitate to use the term offence since the cost to benefit is skewed towards loosing more than is gained.

Mastermind
12-26-2011, 01:07 PM
I'm glad to hear you're done with the game. You offer nothing in your posts except hostility and vulgarity towards those giving their opinions and advice.

Merry Christmas and goodbye.

Zyhpr
12-28-2011, 12:10 PM
emcee, you have me at camping ...lol, for people who lost a lot of unit, I felt that too. Camping and building economy is VERY important as Wildfire said. War cost money, so being able to replenish unit is easy when you have the economy going first, make sense.

What I like about this game apart from CrimeCity is: The fact that you cant just live from attacking/robbing/raiding other people (AKA Parasite mode), one must have economy going to be able to afford the casualty of war.

I have encounter often these parasite tactic people in CrimeCity (he/she has no income building at all, and has high number of sucessful rob/raid). In MW, I would attack rentlessly these kind of people so they would be permanently screwed (left with no army).

Lost of valor unit, is much more valuable for me, thats why I keep my valor unit minimal *until someone really ticked me.

Mrs_Bombdog
12-29-2011, 09:27 AM
I recently lost my husband overseas so in the middle of the daily confusion of getting him cared for properly and home to be memorialized, I have to pause often to do something else to preserve my sanity. Playing games on my phone helps distract me. I've played social games for a few years now and have learned that patience not only pays off in the long run but makes the games a lot more enjoyable, for me. I spent money and have been trying to climb the levels on MW but reading this topic has reminded me to slow down. Thank-you.

I have no idea where the poster from CT is getting the idea that this is cheating. I can only assume that he has an entitlement mentality and a pre-recorded, "That's not fair!" whine. My message to him is: Who promised you fair? Life isn't fair. We're promised a struggle, not Utopia. Go play dress-up.

emcee
12-29-2011, 11:14 PM
I agree Mrs B. Playing these games is a fun diversion and can be good distraction from the daily grind. People have argued that camping isn't fun as you are in essence doing nothing. I beg to differ as upgrading buildings, expanding base, and unlocking units way before anyone else in quite enjoyable. Slow and steady wins the race; well at least for now.

On the topic of CT guy, I actually miss his amusing rants. Its like a car accident that you just slow down to watch.

Wildfire
12-30-2011, 02:10 AM
On the topic of CT guy, I actually miss his amusing rants. Its like a car accident that you just slow down to watch.

I was just thinking the same thing, the if you don't play my way you're cheating attitude, did get a lot of us going.

frenda
12-30-2011, 08:23 AM
Mrs B, my condolences. Thank you for your sacrifice and his service. For those of us who have served, this game is a nice diversion and yet is pretty realistic. Gains come with sacrifices. At first, I complained about losing units in order to complete missions or attack. Now I realize there's a balance to this game and there's something there for everyone. I'd go nuts if I had to camp and hope that no one attacked me. So when I get bored, I attack, or do missions to level up. Other times I build and upgrade to stay competitive with my peers. The beauty of this game is that it's not just one strategy wins all. And unlike real life, no matter how many losses you have, you can replace them.

kentmoto
01-03-2012, 08:55 AM
Ok makes sense, but how should I practically do this as it seems it will take ages, or am I doing it wrong?

I'm at level 18 and getting ahead of myself so I want to stop levelling up and build up my buildings and income. If I stop loot farming, attacking rivals, and doing missions the only thing left is wait until my existing buildings generate enough money to buy more buildings, but that will take days.

Am I missing something?

emcee
01-03-2012, 04:41 PM
It takes patience. I have been playing for a month now. At level 3 I have access to only 11 income producing buildings. However, with these buildings all are at a minimum level 5 upgrade and my income per hour is 87575. In the meantime I have expanded my base to almost 5x5 so will allow easier construction once I begin leveling up.

Since I am not remotely close to your level I can only offer advice from my experience here and taking over my friends account in Crime City at level 24. The main benefit in your situation relative to mine is that you have access to a lot more income producing buildings. I would make sure to upgrade, build and expand your base at all times with as little downtime as possible. By my calculation you have access to an additional 14 income producing buildings which is quite substantial. Having to choose between upgrading an existing building or building a new one with limited funds I would recommend building a new one at all times. You are always better off with more buildings producing income unless your base is not big enough to support a new building. In that case concentrate on upgrading a cheaper unit building like a supply depot, armory, storage silo and/or oil derrick.

Happy building.

Agent Orange
01-03-2012, 05:02 PM
The following is something I posted to another thread, not really turtling but something I'd be interested in testing.

It does occur to me that there may be a way to do this but it took some real planing (gaining a lot of valor for valor units). Basically two players or one player and two IOS devices.

Starting right at day 1 you build only weapon buildings, no money, no defense. You target good loot or cash producing and xp producing challenges on the maps.

Build and level up these unit producing buildings so that later on down the road you can build high power units and your vault so you can protect the cash you are accumulating from the map challenges. Many of the map challenges drop loot such as units as well as XP and cash. For example the aircraft carrier in the offshore drilling rig map drops three different types of unit, xp and 1200-3000 in cash. The heavy bomber in Trafficer Base is pretty good as well, the sub in Emir island drops 6562-18375 cash and xp. There may actually be even better targets depending on what country you are playing as since some give you an extra 10% strength to your units.

Your partner does the same constructing factories. At some point you each attack each others buildings to score valor. Neither are going to loose much if anything since neither of you have defense and the genius of this is that most players will ignore you because you don't have anything worth raiding!

You keep saving up this valor for later on, also back a couple of days ago if you did not have any allies you could fly under the radar and the two of you are not allies. Why you can attack each other.

So what you are doing is harvsting cash/loot/xp from the maps and each time you level up you put all 3 skill pts into energy. By level 50 you will have 1500 which means you should easily be able to complete some high cash producing targets multiple times. That means I could hit my favorite cash stop 4 times on a refill of energy so that could be good for as much as 1 million in cash for each hit.

Now here's the next clever part, if you buy gold you can refill your energy for only 20 gold bars. Not much if you don't have a lot to refill but for arguent sake lets say you buy 1500 gold for 100 bucks or 15 gold for a buck. For 20 gold you can flip on the one challenge as much as 1 million which would cost you otherwise over 13-14 real bucks based on Funzios pricing schedules.

Ok back to the valor, it may not be possible to squirrel away 900 super hornets but by harvesting each others valor from your unit buildings you should be able to start to squirrel away a fair bit. Some buildings are pretty decent for valor and since I haven't studied this it's possible someone figured out which ones are really lucrative. Again you could refill your stamina with gold though that doesn't make economic sense in my model.

So now you are quietly stockpiling cash, and valor and leveling up. I would be very interested to see what the energy and skill pts are set to for the person you are talking about. Neither of which we can see.

But what is the downside, you have no economy from money buildings and this could be critical later on in the game though once you get up to some of the later maps you can get some pretty hefty cash doing these challenges plus you have control as to when you harvest them. At some point you are going to have a massive army and that is when you start building your defenses and money buildings....

Tramp Stamp
01-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Money buildings become increasingly crappy as you unlock them. I don't think the players camping at low levels and making it work with the starter buildings are missing out.

Wildfire
01-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Money buildings become increasingly crappy as you unlock them. I don't think the players camping at low levels and making it work with the starter buildings are missing out.

Indeed I just built an oil refinery 1.4M on a plot that cost 630,000, it was only afterwards that I worked out that this was a 2,030,000 spend for a 100,000 return every two days, in other words 40.6 days just to break even assuming nobody raids the building. This really is intended to be a long term strategy game!

The thing with some of the low level buildings is their return per hour is quite deceptive, you can't hit

Supply depots 5 minutes
Armory 30 minutes
Storage Silo 1 hour
Oil Derrick 3 hours
Wind Farm 6 hours

Every time, while

Military Market 12 hours
Command Center 24 hours
Munitions Stockpile 24 hours

are all getable each time.

So you sort of need to interpolate the income down to what you really get, I'd guess about two thirds for the Wind Farm and an average of a third for the shorter timed buildings. Prioitise the upgrading of the buildings depending on how often you can collect from them, but bear in mind that if raided you can loose most of a days collection from the slower buildings.

duder
01-03-2012, 09:55 PM
You can do decently well raiding other folks' level 4+ muni stockpiles and command centers - the cash to xp ratio is high and you'll bring in a little valor on the side.

Since the higher buildings do provide a much crappier ROI, but can upgrade faster, pulling down some extra cash from raids to give your econ a quick shot in the arm might be a decent idea. Sure, upgrading your recycling plant to level 2 costs 10 times more than upgrading your munitions stockpile to level 6, but it finishes in a third time. And, you won't have to worry about your on hand cash getting raided (just the cash the newly upgraded building will produce).

Now I'm going to hide in the corner and wait for Tramp Stamp to point out the inherent silliness of my arguments...

Tramp Stamp
01-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Now I'm going to hide in the corner and wait for Tramp Stamp to point out the inherent silliness of my arguments...

Sorry, bean.

I do like the idea of using expensive, normally suboptimal upgrades as a back door "vault", however. It's a brutally slow way to grow your economy, though. I think the money would be better spent on defense unless you're so far behind that not even $1 million worth will protect the player.

robfdny
01-05-2012, 10:30 AM
I just wanted to especially thank Tramp Stamp and the others who have provided grt tips in this forum on how to grow yur acct properly. I started the turtle tactic around level 9, now I'm level 13 with almost a 3k level of def..... Tyvm!!!!

emcee
01-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Your welcome Rob. If you want to be more aggressive in your turtling tactic I suggest you dump all alliance members.

Here is what I just posted on Tramp's economy guide....

Regarding ultra turtling tactics here's my experience.

Currently level 3 playing for about a month now. Fights won 5. Fights lost 0. Defense 59. The last time someone has attacked me was 23 days ago. The first attack was 34 days ago. As I mentioned in my tortoise guide do not add even 1 alliance member. The MW game mechanics automatically puts you in a different bracket and will subject you to attacks. My current income is 100375/hour with all income buildings minimum level 6.

Someone posted about having no defense at being level 2 so will never win any attacks and get bumped to level 3. I would suggest anyone with this approach to dump all allies and buy the best possible defense units. Feel free to buy all other buildings but don't worry about leveling them up until all income buildings are at level 10. In the meantime expand the base and upgrade vault.

My friends account employing the same method but adding allies got bumped to level 5. His current stats is Fights won 40, fights lost 3, alliance members 1, income 94108 and defense 87. Last attack was 20 days ago. First attack was 36 days ago.

From both accounts you can see there is no need to invest in numerous units to beef up defense scores. Just buy enough to max defense for 1 alliance and that's it.

With respect to guard towers in my friends account set up income buildings in a rectangular formation and have them side by side with all income buildings circling around. At level 5 all you need is 4 towers to cover all income producing units. Place you best income units in the middle as the towers have a multiplying effect based on their range coverage. Supply depot and armories should be placed at the corners.

Frankly I don't even think defense buildings are even necessary as alliance overall has the greatest impact on attacks. However, it doesn't hurt to cover all bases especially with lots of income sitting around.

It's nice to have alliance members to see other bases but in MW drop all allies if you want to have the optimum turtling strategy.

emcee
01-08-2012, 09:48 PM
emcee, you have me at camping ...lol, for people who lost a lot of unit, I felt that too. Camping and building economy is VERY important as Wildfire said. War cost money, so being able to replenish unit is easy when you have the economy going first, make sense.

Good to hear Zyhpr. Actually the game would be easier if everyone did the opposite to what I suggest; makes for easy targets later :)

Maybe I should create another account here and post a strategy counter to what I suggest.....oh wait.....someone has already done that :(

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?15941-Modern-War-Non-camping-guide-for-Non-gold-buying-newbies&highlight=tortoise

So I retract everything I have mentioned in this thread. My camping strategy is a sham. Please follow the above link for the ultimate winning strategy in playing Modern War :p

Duke.0
01-09-2012, 01:46 PM
Is it cheating that i'm level 14 and have ALL of the Unit Buildings constructed and level 1,2 or 3?
Is it cheating that i have an $/Hr of $115,000 ?
Is it cheating that my vault is on its 350,000 upgrade?

I personally enjoy to camp right now and i'm just doing a strategy that is working for me.

There is no wrong way to play the game. And its just that...a game. People employ different strategies and tactics. Its not cheating.

Ramshutu
01-10-2012, 03:20 PM
I wouldn't consider it cheating, but I don't have the patience personally, i sm slowing down myself as i've found it pretty hard to be competitive, but I still perform the odd attack and mission, and am still levelling slowly. I suspect that the people who take issues with the non-xp approach are doing it more out of annoyance of either A) not having the patience or b) not having thought of it themselves.

emcee
01-10-2012, 04:08 PM
I suspect that the people who take issues with the non-xp approach are doing it more out of annoyance of either A) not having the patience or b) not having thought of it themselves.
I suspect the same. You should read my Crime City tortoise guide.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13829-Tortoise-guide-for-newbies.-Slow-and-steady.....&highlight=movie+theaters
Much ado about nothing...

phxzee
01-21-2012, 01:10 PM
hey emcee, since a lot of the money buildings have level requirements, how do you approach these? is your goal to simply just level 10 all the ones that are currently available to you????

emcee
01-21-2012, 03:32 PM
hey emcee, since a lot of the money buildings have level requirements, how do you approach these? is your goal to simply just level 10 all the ones that are currently available to you????

I am not playing this game that much. At present just collecting at irregular intervals and upgrading money buildings.

Yes my objective is to get all income buildings (non gold) available to me at level 6 upgraded to level 10. I haven't been attacked or raided in the last 35 days but just by expanding my base I have jumped from level 3-6. I have not paid much attention, but possibly the leveling can be due to hitting some income per hour goals or upgrading the vault or buildings to a certain level. If for some reason I get to level 10 on all 15 income producing buildings I will then start leveling up all unit buildings currently at level 1 with emphasis on dry docks as they produce the most powerful end game units.

Ray Smiling
01-23-2012, 08:05 PM

I started my new account yesterday! I bought a brand new iPod touch 4th generation 32GB white to play this and CC on it!!

emcee
03-25-2012, 12:34 AM
It's been a while since I posted an update.

What's changed is that I have decided to level up one account for a short period and kept my primary account in strict tortoise mode.

Churchill
Level 16
Missions Completed: 250
Fights Won: 60
Fights Lost: 3
Successful Raids: 0
Failed Raids: 0
# of Alliance Members: 1
# of Units: 221
Alliance Attack: 97
Alliance Defense: 242
Income Per Hour 206831
Money 36,166,846
Base Expansion: 40 squares, next expansion cost 8,000,000
Vault upgrade: 10,000,000

Primary tortoise account
Level 6
Missions Completed: 3
Fights Won: 6
Fights Lost: 0
# of Units: 20
Alliance Attack: 80
Alliance Defense: 87
Income Per Hour 223,392
Money 42,772,062
Base Expansion: 41 squares, next expansion cost 8,500,000

Primarily playing Crime City these days so just infrequently visit my bases. Will give updates from time to time and/or when Churchill decides to level up further.

emcee
07-06-2012, 10:00 PM
I've reached a small milestone on my level 6 tortoise account today. All income buildings are all at level 10 after about 6-7 months of playing. These include:
2x supply depot
2x armory
2x storage silo
2x oil derrick
2x munitions stockpile
2x wind farm
2x military market
1x command center

Here is an update on my two accounts.

Churchill
Level 30
Missions Completed: 810
Fights Won: 193
Fights Lost: 3
Successful Raids: 2151
# of Units: 491
Alliance Attack: 463
Alliance Defense: 838
Income Per Hour 555072
Money 40,288,992
Base Expansion: 45 squares, next expansion cost 11,000,000

Tortoise account
Level 6
Missions Completed: 3
# of Units: 28
Alliance Attack: 417
Alliance Defense: 620
Income Per Hour 321,500
Money 235,903,812

With the introduction of special events I will be selective on which to participate in depending on the end reward item.
Still a no gold player on all Gree games.

Low alliance, special events rewards, income building and slow leveling works best with my play/life style at present.

Tortoise account will concentrate on leveling up dry docks and advanced airbase and start crawling on next ideal event to reach weapons factory at level 8.

The tortoise account is an extreme inefficient method to develop economy but was a personal goal. In comparison, Churchill account at level 30 has a flourishing income with access to more advanced buildings. Even crawling during events I have maintained a perfect win/loss record since initially camping at low levels. Of course, as I level the probability of reaching more gold players or experienced stronger players will increase. However, with low alliance and an inventory of gold units from events should in theory place Churchill in a safe position for now as I vigorously save for costly upgrades. What I probably would do differently is concentrate on upgrading the cement factory to level 10. Currently its level 5 and level 6 oil rig upgrade is 55 million or so. The benefit with crawling now is that I should be able to avoid whales while getting some of these key buildings to level 10 asap and avoiding costly raids. 10 million vault is pretty much useless when saving for these expensive upgrades.

manbeast
07-06-2012, 10:12 PM
congrats on your goals bro. i could never do it. i camp during events, but once an event pops up, i cant help myself!! i've played every single one. even if i miss half of it bc of work or something. boss event was the best event yet. did u play it with churchill?

emcee
07-06-2012, 10:32 PM
congrats on your goals bro. i could never do it. i camp during events, but once an event pops up, i cant help myself!! i've played every single one. even if i miss half of it bc of work or something. boss event was the best event yet. did u play it with churchill?

Thanks man. It's not actually too difficult as I am not an active player in MW at this time. I hardly collect on time on tortoise account whereas the larger payout buildings like oil rigs is great when I literally log in several times a day.

The events are a blur. I can't keep track of which I have participated in. Got 9 items a few times and the biggest stats boost came from the elite base defense unit.

Events have changed in CC and KA with end items based on ranking so it will be very difficult for non gold players to get them. Chances are MW will follow suit. If so, I will be highly selective on which ones to participate in with emphasis on those that give reward units with higher defense to attack stats.

manbeast
07-06-2012, 10:45 PM
yea the EBD is a boss. I also favor defense stats over atk.

good luck with your goals and keeping that perfect record going on the super turtle!!

Copenhagen
07-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Wow emcee, your patience is incredible. I think I hit level 10 within 5 minutes of loading the game. Maybe level up from 6 to 7 and give Dreno a couple love taps.

Dreno33
07-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Wow emcee, your patience is incredible. I think I hit level 10 within 5 minutes of loading the game. Maybe level up from 6 to 7 and give Dreno a couple love taps.

ya, his 235m isn't enough. shush yourself! btw, i updated the a/d brackets. you're #1 in your tier

Copenhagen
07-06-2012, 11:25 PM
ya, his 235m isn't enough. shush yourself! btw, i updated the a/d brackets. you're #1 in your tier

Hahaha. Is it ever enough? I wasn't taking sides, just playing match maker. Always looking for an interesting FFN!

Dreno33
07-06-2012, 11:30 PM
Hahaha. Is it ever enough? I wasn't taking sides, just playing match maker. Always looking for an interesting FFN!

idk if id win. we dud be very close

Bronson
07-06-2012, 11:32 PM
idk if id win. we dud be very close

Check your brackets and go find out!

Copenhagen
07-06-2012, 11:47 PM
Check your brackets and go find out!

Look out the real promoter has arrived. Handing this bantam weight match over to you Bronking.

NSC
08-23-2012, 03:31 AM
Camping is not compulsory, but i guess it helps a lot when your buildings take 60+hours to upgrade each.
Though its really up to you if you want to spend your energy on farming loot or not and battling.

manbeast
08-23-2012, 08:55 AM
emcee we want an update!!!

SoccerStud
08-23-2012, 10:23 AM
This is my camping acccount!
Currently at level 13
Missions completed 226
Fights won 217
Fights lost 61
Successful raids/Failed raids 9/4
Alliance members 4
# of units 172
Alliance attack 173
Alliance defense 281
Income per hour 211,663
Money 14,706,983
No gold purchased

emcee
08-24-2012, 03:18 AM
emcee we want an update!!!

As per your request MB

Here is an update on my two accounts.

Churchill
Level 34
Missions Completed: 1759
Fights Won: 279
Fights Lost: 4 (over last few events had too many grunts and did not have enough units to outfit adequately, my bad)
Successful Raids: 3032
# of Units: 465
Alliance Attack: 479
Alliance Defense: 921
Income Per Hour 721051
Money 60,180,226
Base Expansion: 45 squares, next expansion cost 11,000,000
Cement factory lvl 10 now working on lvl 7 oil rigs upgrades and next level 8 electric power plants upgrades.

Tortoise account
Level 6
Missions Completed: 76
Successful Raids: 12
# of Alliance Members: 2
# of Units: 58
Alliance Attack: 533
Alliance Defense: 777
Income Per Hour 328,687
Money 313,634,920
Dry docks lvl 8
Advanced airbase lvl 8
All income buildings lvl 10, except for weapons factory lvl 6 current upgrade and other at level 3.

On my crawler/camper account in Crime City I defeated the epic boss and got the Sato blade with 190 gold.

Illuminati hit squad is the first such event that I will participate in on both accounts.
Churchill is on level 4 and already requires cash attacks and an extra 26 minute cool down to defeat whereas turtle account is on level 5 and can kill within the first few hits. Once it gets difficult I will be adding extra friends to increase attack score.

manbeast
08-28-2012, 08:31 AM
add me! its absolutely insane that you have a lvl 7 oil rig at lvl 34. congrats. did you finish out the boss event?

emcee
08-29-2012, 01:42 AM
add me! its absolutely insane that you have a lvl 7 oil rig at lvl 34. congrats. did you finish out the boss event?

I stopped after 6 for Churchill and 14 for tortoise account. 2 hours is a lot of time to manage for a game that I don't play nearly as much as Crime City.

I decided to jump up to level 10 on tortoise account and in the process dropped 300 million or so on 34 stealth bombers and about 30 aircraft carriers. Did a misclick and bought a viper fighter jet for 1.2 mil. I figured I can get to about level 20 before having to spend gold in the event. Should not have bought the aircraft carriers at 5.4 million each and just maxed bombers instead to up attack score. Unlike CC I spent 190 gold to get epic boss item I'm not prepared to spend any here so will take my time saving up for next event and see if I want to drop millions more on SBs.
Definitely MW epic boss event was much more difficult than CC.
If success is indexed to the average attack stats for people my level then something is truly broken here as I currently have 9 alliance members and 2136 attack.

I've sent invites.
Look for Churchill level 34 and tortoise account level 10.

Cheers

MJE15
09-13-2012, 04:02 PM
I decided to jump up to level 10 on tortoise account and in the process dropped 300 million or so on 34 stealth bombers and about 30 aircraft carriers. Did a misclick and bought a viper fighter jet for 1.2 mil. I figured I can get to about level 20 before having to spend gold in the event. Should not have bought the aircraft carriers at 5.4 million each and just maxed bombers instead to up attack score. Unlike CC I spent 190 gold to get epic boss item I'm not prepared to spend any here so will take my time saving up for next event and see if I want to drop millions more on SBs.
Definitely MW epic boss event was much more difficult than CC.
If success is indexed to the average attack stats for people my level then something is truly broken here as I currently have 9 alliance members and 2136 attack......

In your level 10 tortoise account... How were you able to purchase the advanced air force base and dry docks? Don't you need to be level 40 and 50 respectively to unlock those unit buildings? Let me know! Thanks

Arizona
09-13-2012, 05:08 PM
If success is indexed to the average attack stats for people my level then something is truly broken here as I currently have 9 alliance members and 2136 attack......
Well, you've done very well then haven't you; and only 9 allies? Why not make it 10 and add me? 599 660 015
You certainly don't want to become my enemy.Ahhh F*** it, who cares. Just curious to be allies or not. I won't cower in the corner in fear of anyone's might.... cept the mighty Lulu:(

emcee
09-13-2012, 08:42 PM
In your level 10 tortoise account... How were you able to purchase the advanced air force base and dry docks? Don't you need to be level 40 and 50 respectively to unlock those unit buildings? Let me know! Thanks

I started the game late last year. At that time there were no level requirements/restrictions on building the dry docks and advanced airbase. There should be a number of threads in the forum discussing this and approximate date when this was implemented.

emcee
09-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Well, you've done very well then haven't you; and only 9 allies? Why not make it 10 and add me? 599 660 015
You certainly don't want to become my enemy.Ahhh F*** it, who cares. Just curious to be allies or not. I won't cower in the corner in fear of anyone's might.... cept the mighty Lulu:(

Thanks. Sent you an invite. Look for McArthur lvl 14.

GazLegend
09-14-2012, 10:23 AM
You don't have to spend any real dollars to have good income. The key to this game (for someone not spending real dollars) is to camp from the beginning. Stop all leveling activities and attack no one and do no missions. Also do not add any alliance members unlike Crime City, which I find if employing the same strategy you should max alliance and equip with all best weapons and armor, etc.

Currently at level 3.
Missions completed 2
Fights won 5
Fights lost 0
Alliance members 1
# of units 13
Alliance attack 57
Alliance defense 59
Income per hour 82,175
Money 6,004,760
No gold purchased.

My friend's account employing the same strategy got bumped to level 5 with attacks when he decided to max alliance members but quickly learned to dump all.

He's at level 5.
Missions completed 2
Fights won 40
Fights lost 3
Alliance members 1
# of units 35
Alliance attack 71
Alliance defense 87
Income per hour 76,858
Money 6,482,553
No gold purchased.
4 guard towers

Both accounts have the max buildings available to purchase without gold

By concentrating on establishing a strong income base in the beginning will allow easier upgrade of all units, buildings, base expansion with a lower chance of getting attacked and/or raided. Also, there is no need to worry much about losing units during down time as players are not attacking much in the beginning. New players are in essence not seasoned enough in the beginning and chances are would not be able to penetrate your strong defense. Buy heavy gunner, anti aircraft vehicle, harrier jet and stealth boat as soon as possible to fortify against attacks. Once purchased sit back and upgrade income buildings and expand base at your leisure.

For those reading this guide who have leveled higher camping is still a viable option. Stop all further activity and concentrate on upgrading money buildings and if necessary invest in defense units. Drop all alliance members and hopefully you will fall off the radar of larger better equipped rivals.

Note: This is a hardcore camping guide with emphasis on not leveling at all cost coupled with maintaining an enviable win loss percentage.

How long has that taken you?

Ramshutu
09-14-2012, 10:34 AM

Saying that, in just under two weeks, I'm at level 6, alliance: 12, income of 60k, a/d 252/652.

GazLegend
09-14-2012, 11:18 AM
Saying that, in just under two weeks, I'm at level 6, alliance: 12, income of 60k, a/d 252/652.
I'm level 9 on 6 days
740/690
55k/hour

$6 of gold

asdfg12345
09-14-2012, 03:52 PM
I prefer camping at a higher level, around level 20 so that you have more buildings giving you money while you upgrade.

emcee
09-15-2012, 06:33 AM
Close to 9 months.

emcee
09-15-2012, 06:37 AM
I prefer camping at a higher level, around level 20 so that you have more buildings giving you money while you upgrade.
Absolutely. The higher you level the more income buildings become available to you. Income will increase more quickly.

The drawbacks are running into more experienced/stronger players and a more difficult time defeating epic bosses.

helli0n
09-15-2012, 11:12 AM
The drawbacks are running into more experienced/stronger players and a more difficult time defeating epic bosses.

The main problem with bosses with a LLP is you gain way too much exp, in one event, my low level went from around 11 to 17 =(

emcee
12-03-2012, 06:33 AM
Well it's been almost 1 year since I started playing MW and I've reached a milestone on one of my accounts; the one million/hr mark. Thanks to my level 10 oil rig upgrade which took what seems to be a month or so of saving.
Fortunately saving 400+ million for the upgrade did not have any bumps in the road. A few sporadic attacks/raids but fortunately none have penetrated my defense. Hope the 2nd oil rig lvl 10 savings will net the same result.

Here is a long overdue update on both of my free non gold, non tapjoy and definitely non cheat or taking advantage of any exploits accounts. For all those campers out there, its possible to get the same results. It just takes a lot of patience. Boss events helped derail Churchill a little but its back to staying the course and the proverbial stiff upper lip.

Churchill
Level 34
Missions Completed: 1780
Fights Won: 629
Fights Lost: 5
Successful Raids: 3034
# of Alliance Members: staying off radar as I now have many millions unbanked
# of Units: ????
Alliance Attack: ????
Alliance Defense: ????
Income Per Hour 1,046,995
Money 80,933,1873
Objective : upgrade 2nd level 9 oil rig to level 10, then both EPPs from lvl 7 to 10.

McArthur
Level 14
Missions Completed: 113
Successful Raids: 15
# of Alliance Members: staying off radar as I have many millions unbanked
# of Units: ????
Income Per Hour 416,667
Money 332,693,854
Objective: get all income buildings to lvl 10 before leveling again

Thunder Child
12-03-2012, 06:47 AM
@ emcee

Congratulations! Huge respect for your endeavors over the year - all that despite the rants from that idiot at the beginning.

Tail gunner
12-03-2012, 07:03 AM
Well done emcee - you must be the most patient player in the history of the game!

Dutchie
12-03-2012, 07:11 AM
Fantastic stuff emcee. Would love to emulate but I ain't got the bloody patience! I am doing a half-way house... mostly camping and a couple of EB events.

manbeast
12-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Congrats emcee! I always look forward to your updates! Hope we can become in game allies again once your other oil rig is completed. I'm currently saving for a Lvl 9 oil rig upgrade. 180 million so far and nobody has been able to take any of it.

I knew you had played a least one boss event with Churchill but I didn't know you decided to not play anymore... Why is that? How far were you able to make it? I understand you can't play in the current boss event because u have no allies/no stats

Tanner
12-03-2012, 07:23 AM
I want to see an unit named for emcee called The Camper or something. Whatty'all think? Infantry? What should the stats be like?

Dutchie
12-03-2012, 07:37 AM
I want to see an unit named for emcee called The Camper or something. Whatty'all think? Infantry? What should the stats be like?

SAS Camper (Infantry) with at least 1000/1000 :)

Scrap that... as he is Canadian it should be "JTF2 Camper"

Peppers
12-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Fellow campers -- can ya'll answer a question for me?
I'm trying to beat General Shwartz in the first tier. I started him at level 25. I just finished boss 27 and he took 7 cash hits. I might just make it!

Question: Once I get into the 30's and closer to boss 35, does anyone know how much cash I'll need? I have 8.2m on hand at the moment. Can I spend any of it on upping offense, or keep it in my pocket for the higher level bosses?

My attack is currently 12,324 boosted, 11,537 unboosted, with max allies.

Thanks!!
Peppers

Force10JC
12-03-2012, 10:10 AM
Good stuff in this thread.

BringIt
12-03-2012, 10:23 AM
Hey Peppers, you will easily make it with 8.2 mil. It will probably take you approx. 15 cash hits to beat him at 35. Maybe you can even do it for 13 hits if you are lucky and keep upping your attack. that being said, the cash hit at 35 I believe was no more than 50K a hit.

Peppers
12-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Thanks BringIt!

I have no gold and don't plan to buy any -- I spent my Add-Me-Monday winnings and 6 months of Tapjoy collections on the composite factory. With all the hacking stories I've heard about in this game, I plan to remain a free player until the cheating issues are resolved.

Hey, I have another question.
I have a level 8 account that is a super camper. I can't seem to find a good way to avoid being attacked. Currently I have max allies and a killer defense thanks to my gazillion mine sweepers, but that doesn't stop the attacks. I also don't want any losses. I was at zero allies until level 7, but added them after I started seeing people with more allies on my rivals list. Now I'm being attacked multiple times a day.
Question -- if I drop all allies at level 8, will people with higher allies be able to see me and possibly hand me a loss?

BringIt
12-03-2012, 10:46 AM
If I were you, I would keep half of your allies. I know people with max allies should not be able to see you. Not sure what the buffer is exactly at that low a level. I'm at lv 35 with 150 allies and I can see people down to 115 and up to the max. I was at max allies once (170) and I would occassionally catch a glimpes of people with 5 allies less than me. With that many minesweepers, I highly doubt anyone would hand you a loss even if you had half the allies. Have you seen anyone near the stats of your super camper?

emcee
12-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Thanks to all supporters.

According to post #26 it appears today is my 1 year MW anniversary. So it took a year to reach 1 million/hr income.

Its quite obvious strict tortoise/hardcore camping is not as efficient in building income as evidence from both accounts. Compared to McArthur, Churchill has 2.5x income while sacrificing perfect win/loss record. Most will not give a second thought to level up and have access to better income buildings if it meant a few loses (5 for Churchill).
I know its unreasonable for McArthur to main perfect record but am trying to keep it going for as long as possible while upgrading all income buildings to level 10.
Will try to update this thread if anything new develops or if I reach new milestones.

emcee
12-03-2012, 06:16 PM
Congrats emcee! I always look forward to your updates! Hope we can become in game allies again once your other oil rig is completed. I'm currently saving for a Lvl 9 oil rig upgrade. 180 million so far and nobody has been able to take any of it.

I knew you had played a least one boss event with Churchill but I didn't know you decided to not play anymore... Why is that? How far were you able to make it? I understand you can't play in the current boss event because u have no allies/no stats

Thanks MB. Will be sure to send you an invite when I decide to start adding allies again.

No more boss events in the meantime as income is better served to reinvest back into economy growth at present versus spending hundreds of millions on stealth bombers for attack and aircraft carriers if I want to boost defense.
I have a feeling Churchill should be able to get both EPPs to level 10 while still at level 34. I may take a run at a boss event then in order to level up to level 40 income building.

emcee
12-03-2012, 06:20 PM
SAS Camper (Infantry) with at least 1000/1000 :)

Scrap that... as he is Canadian it should be "JTF2 Camper"

Had to google JTF2. Those guys look tough. My style is more like digging a hole and crawling in, "Bunker Style"; queue cheesy Korean techno music :)

emcee
12-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Thanks BringIt!

I have no gold and don't plan to buy any -- I spent my Add-Me-Monday winnings and 6 months of Tapjoy collections on the composite factory. With all the hacking stories I've heard about in this game, I plan to remain a free player until the cheating issues are resolved.

Hey, I have another question.
I have a level 8 account that is a super camper. I can't seem to find a good way to avoid being attacked. Currently I have max allies and a killer defense thanks to my gazillion mine sweepers, but that doesn't stop the attacks. I also don't want any losses. I was at zero allies until level 7, but added them after I started seeing people with more allies on my rivals list. Now I'm being attacked multiple times a day.
Question -- if I drop all allies at level 8, will people with higher allies be able to see me and possibly hand me a loss?

Look at the progress of McArthur prior to intentionally going up to level 14. Its all about have zero alliance bracket or close to zero. I managed to have zero activity for about 9 months stretch or so and virtually zero (6 fights won, 0 loss and 15 successful raids, 0 failed raids) in the 1 year of gaming. So 21 news feeds is pretty low even by my standards compared to the other camper accounts I have in CC, KA and MQ.

You've answered your own question when you were at level 7 with zero alliance and was only attacked when you started adding allies. Drop all and you should be back in the dead zone.

McArthur does not have zero alliance but due to some high value non destructible units and having lots of aircraft carriers I decided to add some allies and seem to be in a dead zone as of late. My oldest activity situation report was a wall post 79 days ago and no attacks/raids since.

Peppers
12-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Thanks emcee -- I took your advice and dropped all allies on the super-camper account. Yikes! My stats dropped from 2751/4611 to 161/148. I just hope I disappear from everyone's radar now because, at level 8, I already have 165 fights and 4 raids won without even trying :) Now I can focus on my economy without fear of being leveled up.

Chimera
12-03-2012, 09:17 PM
I'll be coming up on 1 year in Feb. 2013.
I'm at level 11, 2 missions completed, 967W/7L. 0 raids.
All my income structures are at 10 along with a level 10 Adv. Airbase.
Guard Towers, Barracks, Robotics Facility, Air Field and Shipyard are at 4.
For the first time upgrading has got ahead of income. It will be three days before I can upgrade my Dry Docks to level 10 ($56 million - 168 hrs). After that upgrade, onto the Air Field.
I stayed about 45 days each on levels 7 & 8.
Level 9 was very active and lasted only 16 days.
Level 10 took 67 days. It looks like level 11 will be about the same as 10.
During the week, I'm attacked 1 or 2 times a day but Friday and Saturday 4 or 5 times each day.
Once a week someone asks how it's possible I have an Adv. Airbase and a Dry Docks. Some accuse me of cheating ("...cheat much?"). That is a reasonable conclusion so I explain how things were different early on and they understand.
One player left a funny comment ..."you are the chosen one". Most players at the lower levels have not camped at all and have only double digit offense,defense and income. It would not be fair to attack them or...? lol
My goal is everything at 10 with max allies. I equip with Stealth Bombers and Aircraft Carriers.
Camping can be fun.

Dutchie
12-04-2012, 04:31 AM
I'll be coming up on 1 year in Feb. 2013.
I'm at level 11, 2 missions completed, 967W/7L. 0 raids.
All my income structures are at 10 along with a level 10 Adv. Airbase.
Guard Towers, Barracks, Robotics Facility, Air Field and Shipyard are at 4.
For the first time upgrading has got ahead of income. It will be three days before I can upgrade my Dry Docks to level 10 ($56 million - 168 hrs). After that upgrade, onto the Air Field.
I stayed about 45 days each on levels 7 & 8.
Level 9 was very active and lasted only 16 days.
Level 10 took 67 days. It looks like level 11 will be about the same as 10.
During the week, I'm attacked 1 or 2 times a day but Friday and Saturday 4 or 5 times each day.
Once a week someone asks how it's possible I have an Adv. Airbase and a Dry Docks. Some accuse me of cheating ("...cheat much?"). That is a reasonable conclusion so I explain how things were different early on and they understand.
One player left a funny comment ..."you are the chosen one". Most players at the lower levels have not camped at all and have only double digit offense,defense and income. It would not be fair to attack them or...? lol
My goal is everything at 10 with max allies. I equip with Stealth Bombers and Aircraft Carriers.
Camping can be fun.

Maybe I am missing something here, but at level 11 some of those buildings you mention aren't even available until later levels such as the Dry Docks and Robotics Facility. How have these buildings become available to you at such a low level?

whiskeybravo
12-04-2012, 07:17 AM
Those buildings didn't have a level restriction on them at one point. It has been a while so he has been seriously camping.

Dutchie
12-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Those buildings didn't have a level restriction on them at one point. It has been a while so he has been seriously camping.

Terrific for the latecomers then! I'm forced to level up which is a bummer!

Thanks for the info which explains some of the bases I have seen at these lower levels.

Groetjes,
Dutchie

Dr. Dengus
12-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Chim, may I inquire why you want a level 10 dry docks? The railgun destroyer was already unlocked at level 8. Congrats on yours and emcee's patience nonetheless.

Poopenshire
12-04-2012, 01:24 PM
Sounds like we have a new game, Modern Banker. So how do those dollar bills fight?

Mitchell
12-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Today on my LLp base "lvl 4,15 allies" deleted all allies to stay under the radar,less then 15 minutes a lvl 6 player with 7 allies hands me my first loss,talk about a heartbreaker,do not delete all your allies at once,still burning from this,on top of this also leveled me up,glad it is just a game,LOL

Chimera
12-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Chim, may I inquire why you want a level 10 dry docks? The railgun destroyer was already unlocked at level 8. Congrats on yours and emcee's patience nonetheless.
Good question Dr. I don't even look to see what it unlocks, I just want everything to be level 10. OCD maybe. lol
It seems to me that the Railgun Destroyer does not offer me an advantage in camping. It has less defense (39 vs 46) than an AC and less attack (46 vs 50) than a SB.

It is unfair that I can have the Adv. Airbase and Dry Docks because I can camp with a decided advantage. I can purchase Aircraft Carriers and Stealth Bombers which others at my level can't. Without gold there is nothing to beat them.

I remember one player recently was criticized for taking advantage of a glitch to purchase units that others could not get. He used these to attack others. Well, a glitch allows me to do the same but I'm more politically correct because I don't attack anyone. They just don't win attacking me.

My little camping party will be short lived I know. How much longer before some golden bear finds my campground and eats all the chocolate cookies (cash) I leave out each day? I'm sure the bear will feel no remorse in tearing down my tent and eating all the cookies.

emcee
12-04-2012, 06:29 PM
Today on my LLp base "lvl 4,15 allies" deleted all allies to stay under the radar,less then 15 minutes a lvl 6 player with 7 allies hands me my first loss,talk about a heartbreaker,do not delete all your allies at once,still burning from this,on top of this also leveled me up,glad it is just a game,LOL

Sorry to hear it did not work for you. Do you happen to have any grunts in your alliance; in other words, is the total # of alliance members 1? If not, contact support to remove.

Bracketing is not an exact science so your situation can be unique or less common. Perhaps you've attacked someone earlier and am still on that opponents news feed and now they've decided to retaliate.

I should probably elaborate more on zero alliance bracketing. It's worked very well for me. However, I have always made sure on all of my camping accounts on all games that I have far superior defense. Especially at low levels its important to beef defense up with units and defense buildings. In case, a one off situation occurs, even from a rival with more alliance members should have a difficult time penetrating your defense.

Mitchell
12-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Sorry to hear it did not work for you. Do you happen to have any grunts in your alliance; in other words, is the total # of alliance members 1? If not, contact support to remove.

Bracketing is not an exact science so your situation can be unique or less common. Perhaps you've attacked someone earlier and am still on that opponents news feed and now they've decided to retaliate.

I should probably elaborate more on zero alliance bracketing. It's worked very well for me. However, I have always made sure on all of my camping accounts on all games that I have far superior defense. Especially at low levels its important to beef defense up with units and defense buildings. In case, a one off situation occurs, even from a rival with more alliance members should have a difficult time penetrating your defense.Only had 1 grunt which I assume is me,never attacked anyone to keep news feed free,but he had attacked me a hour before and losing,before dropping allies had over 400 defense but after dropping allies was around 68

Peppers
12-05-2012, 10:43 AM
Update: I just started boss 35! I should have no problem defeating him for free. Boss 34 took 12 cash hits, and I leveled up to level 30 at the end, and now bring in 20 more units. I started this boss fairly high in level 25, and this was my last chance at doing a boss for free. Maybe I'll do it again when I get towards the high end of the second tier. I guess Chilli Pepper is officially a turtle now?

Tier 1, Boss 35 costs $45,000 per hit, and I'm doing 13,630 in damage.

Thank you all for helping me know what I needed to do, as a free player, to defeat the boss!

emcee
01-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Here is the latest update. Obviously things have changed drastically in the last little while with introduction of factions. So much so I am thinking about activating both accounts in order to have a chance to receive better than boss event stats items.

Churchill
Level 34
Missions Completed: 1780
Fights Won: 716
Fights Lost: 5
Successful Raids: 3035
# of Alliance Members: may change drastically if I join a faction
# of Units: 535
Income Per Hour 1,519,728 (unboosted stats)
Money 208,890,516
Objective : upgrade ACs and/or donate most to faction, take level 7 advanced airbase to 8 to unlock stealth bombers

McArthur
Level 18
Missions Completed: 113
Fights Won: 9
Successful Raids: 46
# of Alliance Members: may change if I join a faction
# of Units: 271
Income Per Hour 771,865 (unboosted stats)
Money 245,004,266
Objective: upgrade ACs or join faction

Churchill can donate 20 million/day to faction and McArthur minimum 5 million/day. Both accounts can be super competitive if faction events are geared toward general pvp with rivals in my level and alliance bracket.

I am willing to abandon camping moving forward (shocking right?) as faction rewards are better that boss events especially if I am in a super competitive faction. I've pm some faction leaders/recruiters but if some top tiered factions would like to discuss options with someone who is a team player and can log in many times a day as I am self employed feel free to send a pm.

Cheers

KI11ER
01-18-2013, 09:17 PM
where do i find the market place?

emcee
01-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Just wanted to give a shout out to my faction TBC for making it to top 10 in Battle For Brazil.

Please add Churchill 835 258 537
and McArthur 655 606 777 as I'm looking to max alliance and queue up further requests. Will accept all immediately.

Thanks

Dudebot121256
02-23-2013, 08:05 PM
I downloaded this game because I thought it would be a good use of my time, but was pretty shocked at how much time people invest in it. Then, I came across this site and boy was I wrong!

It's a cool game and I enjoyed it, but come on people do you not have real jobs, or a life outside of a virtual game? Some of you even spend hard earned real money on fake gold! Say what? Or you spend countless days strategizing and planning how to build up an army that isn't even real! Orrrr you make fun of a guy who complains about what his idea of cheating is like he is a loser. You are arguing over something you play on your phone!

Any who, I just wanted to thank all of you for motivating me to work on my actual life before I become comsumed with an imaginary world!

And yes, I realize how lame it was of me just to create this account, so I could make this post. Call me rude if you must, but I doubt you'll be able to embarrass me anymore than I already am. Adios!Nice name ^_^ I can agree with the gold thing, spending money on a virtual game seems wasteful but I appreciate others making spreadsheets and guides to help me play my game better. There's a difference between wanting to help out the community and being addicted to the game.

Chimera
02-23-2013, 09:39 PM
Since my last post the game has really changed, even for a serious camper as myself.

The WD events seem to be a big income generator for Gree and are very enticing to join but I have resisted – so far.

The new income buildings have changed the relative value of the other buildings. With multi-million dollar revenues what is the point of buildings with incomes below $100k? I think others have it right saying they may sell them off to make space.

Inflation has also devalued my Stealth Bombers and Aircraft Carriers. They no longer occupy the top spots for attack and defense (non-gold). I need to replace them with Naval Drone Center 50A/56D and Tactical Strike Submarine 90A/42D units. That will cost billions.

I have been able to purchase the new income buildings (saving for my second Villa). I understand why the vault has a $100 million cap since the new buildings start about there.

From now on I hope to have $100 million on hand in addition to what is required for any upgrade.

The people who “spend countless days strategizing and planning how to build up an army that isn’t even real!” are doing better than me! I don’t even battle. I haven’t joined a faction. I don’t even raid. That’s really sad.

Sadder yet… I read this forum where the arguments are more than about the game. Some have quoted Latin in their posts! Yes, I spent time looking up what the Latin meant and got side tracked reading “Conscience and Co-Knowledge in Hamlet and Classical Antiquity” (which was very interesting…thanks PJ). I have “become comsumed with an imaginary world!”

So all those who do play the game with all the features are better off than me – a relentless camper.

I couldbesleeping now!

Good night.

Commander Ghost
02-23-2013, 11:16 PM
I downloaded this game because I thought it would be a good use of my time, but was pretty shocked at how much time people invest in it. Then, I came across this site and boy was I wrong!

It's a cool game and I enjoyed it, but come on people do you not have real jobs, or a life outside of a virtual game? Some of you even spend hard earned real money on fake gold! Say what? Or you spend countless days strategizing and planning how to build up an army that isn't even real! Orrrr you make fun of a guy who complains about what his idea of cheating is like he is a loser. You are arguing over something you play on your phone!

Any who, I just wanted to thank all of you for motivating me to work on my actual life before I become comsumed with an imaginary world!

And yes, I realize how lame it was of me just to create this account, so I could make this post. Call me rude if you must, but I doubt you'll be able to embarrass me anymore than I already am. Adios!

I have a wife, a daughter, another daughter to be born in just a little over a week. I work 1 full time job and add another fulltime job in the summer. I make decent enough money to support my family. I drive a 2010 mustang GT and my wife drives a 2011 Charger. Am i rich? Far from it, but i make enough and i work hard enough to have nice things. I never miss family dinner at the table every night and i tuck my daughter into bed every night. I have a hand full of hobbies, and just like all my other hobbies i make time to play Modern War. Wether its early in the morning before work or while im on the throne. This is a strategy game and strategy games take your mind and put it to work. I dont spend thousands or even hundreds of dollars on gold, but if i pay all my bills and fill my car with gas and stock my fridge, and have 20 bucks layin around sure ill throw it into MW for gold.

My point is, you seem to think anyone who plays this game seriously is a broke virgin. Which is not the case.

Archer59
02-24-2013, 06:50 AM
@ Chimera: nice post.

Dawnofthedead1978
03-01-2013, 07:49 AM
I love camping and going to try it. Actually i'm trying to get my 10 posts in.

njhott
03-01-2013, 05:10 PM
2 spots open for egypt

Jonmutley
03-01-2013, 07:11 PM
There's nothing wrong with camping. It's a strategy. It's not cheating as hackers do that. Can't see what the fuss is about to be honest. Play the game how you want, take advice when you need it, then, it's up to you what to do. No point blaming others for being stronger, better equipped etc. the point on game inflation is true. Especially with the devaluation of previously bought gold items. Same as in life, you have a choice. If inflation rockets, don't spend. If everyone did this then inflation is forced down again. Supply and demand is the game in play here. Answer- don't demand. It's hard but worth it in the long run. I'm going to camp soon I think! Lol:)

emcee
03-01-2013, 07:47 PM
With factions, syndicates and guilds taking up a lot of time I have not had a chance to update this guide.
Most of what I said applies but with the addition of limited time buildings and faction its pretty different game from what I started back in Dec 2011.

With factions I have participated in two long wars. McArthur who had a perfect win/loss record prior to factions was pretty much attacked relentlessly from many high level players. Churchll the same. I wouldn't trade all the loses though as it has made coming out of camping mode much more enjoyable and get a sense of the new game.

My experience in the trenches has had an impact in preparing and recruiting for CC and KA upcoming wars.

The new wrinkle now is the introduction of many high end cash and valor units. So I've gone back to camping like Chimera and take a break from factions, get my ACs, arctics and villas on both accounts leveled up while adding more new buildings if and when it comes up. So with iph around 2.3 mil and 1.45 mil on my accounts it will not take too long for income to jump even further while unlocking the key unit building upgrades and being able to equip my army with top cash units.

Ph4ntom Stranger
03-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Nice emcee, the turtling will be paying you back handsomely with your high iph allowing you to get the limited money buildings with ease and then upgrading them with relative ease, and with the introduction of the new cash units obtaining really good stats with in game cash! Lol wow long sentence, sounds funny, but I like it anyway.

American Capitalist
03-02-2013, 09:09 AM
My way is to only upgrade buildings with a decent IPH gain/upgrade time. Most of the beginning buildings such as steel mill and command center aren't even worth upgrading. I also did boss events until level 25 to get the easy tier done. I'm level 26 now with over 8k A/D on my LLP.

Sillybeans
03-03-2013, 06:57 AM
Totally agree with this but I've taken the approach of only doing boss event's, thanks to that my camper has gotten 5 rares... my stats are

level: 15
Atk: 5029
def: 5044
IPH: 30014

The indestructible units from bosses are to important :eek:

Alo
03-04-2013, 04:52 AM
Totally agree with this but I've taken the approach of only doing boss event's, thanks to that my camper has gotten 5 rares... my stats are

level: 15
Atk: 5029
def: 5044
IPH: 30014

The indestructible units from bosses are to important :eek:

how much time U waited and gathered Urself to start beating bosses. minime is approx 3 weeks old now, he got to boss 22, but levelling up is what sucks. Gotta build up IPH and buy good units first. So dunno if he is ready for another round to go all the way to lvl35, cause otherwise he will be in next tier already (right now it has level 13).

Sillybeans
03-04-2013, 05:40 AM
how much time U waited and gathered Urself to start beating bosses. minime is approx 3 weeks old now, he got to boss 22, but levelling up is what sucks. Gotta build up IPH and buy good units first. So dunno if he is ready for another round to go all the way to lvl35, cause otherwise he will be in next tier already (right now it has level 13).

Any amount of time really; mine is about 1month old? won a 10mill scratcher and a 5 'person?' to receive a 225 atk hele. It helped be fill uo all my units so my worst is the 7atk 5def plane. I'm just doing boss events when they show up... i could wait and complete them but i'm probably going to do the next until lv 23ish then stop and build up to do the last completely without gold and go into the next teir, then do boss events only for units while increasing IPH.

Munition is lv 9 and other is lv8... command lv4, air field lv 4 and a ore mine is lv 2 now...

Alo
03-04-2013, 06:13 AM
Any amount of time really; mine is about 1month old? won a 10mill scratcher and a 5 'person?' to receive a 225 atk hele. It helped be fill uo all my units so my worst is the 7atk 5def plane. I'm just doing boss events when they show up... i could wait and complete them but i'm probably going to do the next until lv 23ish then stop and build up to do the last completely without gold and go into the next teir, then do boss events only for units while increasing IPH.

Munition is lv 9 and other is lv8... command lv4, air field lv 4 and a ore mine is lv 2 now...

yeah, that I wanted to know too, at what level to stop, to make 35 bosses in same tier. Or how does it work? When I start at lvl25, I move to level 26 then next boss is already the next tiers power? My weakest unit is light gunner :D I can bring more units into battle than I have (right now I have 71 units (including light gunners etc) and that makes 4+k defence, holds off MOST attackers, but not all). Shipyard is lvl4 now, but upgrading it to buy the high rank ships. Airfield is lvl1. Upgrading 24/7, just takes time to get the units I want/need.

qq1972
03-04-2013, 09:28 AM
yeah, that I wanted to know too, at what level to stop, to make 35 bosses in same tier. Or how does it work? When I start at lvl25, I move to level 26 then next boss is already the next tiers power? My weakest unit is light gunner I can bring more units into battle than I have (right now I have 71 units (including light gunners etc) and that makes 4+k defence, holds off MOST attackers, but not all). Shipyard is lvl4 now, but upgrading it to buy the high rank ships. Airfield is lvl1. Upgrading 24/7, just takes time to get the units I want/need.

I think boss tier doesn't change until the event is ended. So if you started at 25, you will be fighting tier 1 boss until the event is ended, regardless of your level, you could be level 200 and still fighting tier 1 boss, if you can make it to level 200 in time LOL.

Alo
03-05-2013, 02:15 AM
I think boss tier doesn't change until the event is ended. So if you started at 25, you will be fighting tier 1 boss until the event is ended, regardless of your level, you could be level 200 and still fighting tier 1 boss, if you can make it to level 200 in time LOL.

good to know, gonna build my minimes levelling ups and strategy around that then ;) tnx :)

Sillybeans
03-05-2013, 02:26 AM
[QUOTE=Alo;626596]When I start at lvl25, I move to level 26 then next boss is already the next tiers power? QUOTE]

You have my word it stays in the same tier if you level. I went from 50-54 during the one with the crusier and it didn't get more difficult. Check my Signature for all the information you'll need... even the experiance formula for bosses so you can find out where you'll stop :cool:

OBAMASMAMA
04-14-2013, 03:54 PM
Nice guide!! My way was that I got 10 mil on a scratcher bought as many good attack units as possible even though i only have 38 allies, so i could be the best person at my level, sat there collecting money and now on this boss event go full out. Level 20 stats are 9000 each. Ive lost one fight in the last 4 months. Just saying

Happytrey45
04-14-2013, 04:37 PM
To me camping is good but don't overdo it cause I've tried it once and did get bored
What we all should do is get our nation bonus building up all the way and then upgrade some buildings 3/4 the way then start to level up.
My code is 528 478 851 add me

Ahtettona
06-14-2013, 10:44 PM
To me camping is good but don't overdo it cause I've tried it once and did get bored
What we all should do is get our nation bonus building up all the way and then upgrade some buildings 3/4 the way then start to level up.
My code is 528 478 851 add me

Campiong is a great strategy but what about camping with a faction? This is what I do
My IPH is 1,2M...I'm rich and happy.
I found a faction for pacifism activists who do not care about attaking all day long.
We want to gather forces to buy all money building boosters to increase our IPH
Nice, isn't it?

Tee
06-14-2013, 11:07 PM
Campiong is a great strategy but what about camping with a faction? This is what I do
My IPH is 1,2M...I'm rich and happy.
I found a faction for pacifism activists who do not care about attaking all day long.
We want to gather forces to buy all money building boosters to increase our IPH
Nice, isn't it?

^ This is awesome. Sounds great.

dpghost mobile
06-14-2013, 11:58 PM
Camping is a nonsense, you can't develop a stronger army at low level, there is no way that you can get invulnerable units (gold unit) without doing LTQ or PvC.
So in the end after like eons, you have a wow income, that's not going to buy you the 200,000 or 300,000 A/D that the usual play would get you

Ahtettona
06-15-2013, 11:34 PM
^ This is awesome. Sounds great.

Hey Tee, which is your IPH?

Ahtettona
06-15-2013, 11:37 PM
Camping is a nonsense, you can't develop a stronger army at low level, there is no way that you can get invulnerable units (gold unit) without doing LTQ or PvC.
So in the end after like eons, you have a wow income, that's not going to buy you the 200,000 or 300,000 A/D that the usual play would get you

You can camp and do "limited time" missions to develop an army with invincible units.
This is what I do. Now, When I attack another player, I never loose units

Eurynomous
06-16-2014, 07:53 PM
I'm Lvl 13
Att: 929,099
Def: 815,959
IPH: 183,699
Vault: 20m

I bought no gold. I agree that campers are limited to certain items we can get but you can still build a strong a/d if you know how.

Doc Rumpies
06-16-2014, 08:51 PM
I never thought I'd see this thread again. Nice necro haha. There was good advice for the time, some of it still applies