PDA

View Full Version : Building Timers are goofy!!!

Kirbnite
12-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Ok, I seen another thread where others reported that building collection times restarted with out the buildings producing any money. I replied to that thread as well as that has been happening to me too. After 5-6 times I have come to the conclusion that there is a relation between these instances and me having attempts of robbery performed and I won.

Now I have a new concern. I have all my 3, 6, 8, 12, 24, and 48 hour buildings all paired to mature at the same time. Now I go to collect my 12 hour buildings and only half are ready and the others show 1 1/2 hrs remaining. Then the 24 hour buildings mature. Again I encounter the same issue again and oddly enough the ones not ready have you guessed it. 1 1/2 hours remaining. I have no explanation as to what the root cause may be. Any one else having this happen as well?

dudeman
12-23-2011, 07:39 PM
YES, A MILLION TIMES YES!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the shouting, but this has been happening to me all day for no reason whatsoever. First two of my 24h buildings reset, then all my 6h buildings reset, and an upgrade timer went all whack (I think I only lost a few minutes on it).

I planned to not buy gold when I started playing, but Funzio has some way of making this game addictive, so once I saw gold on sale for the first time since I started I figured why not. It has provided me with a lot of enjoyment, but I feel that regular priced gold is waaaaaay overpriced. I strongly considered buying gold on sale, and an iTunes card was actually on my shopping list today, but these timer issues convinced me to forget about it. I just can't bring myself to reward Funzio with real dollars for a game that is full of problems. I recently spent quite a while figuring out what all my upgrade costs/times are and mapped out a timeline of what to do and when. This plan was based on the times at which my buildings mature so I would cause myself to miss the fewest number of collections as possible.

That whole plan is in the garbage now. My reset collection times have caused everything to go wrong.

Edit: This post should be made sticky so we can see just how many people in the forum experience this issue and agree that it is BS!!

Fig Oni
12-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Ive never had this problem as all my 1-3-6-8-12-24 hour building are synced also 2 448 building are synced 1 day and the other 2 the next day they have never went off Im on lvl 106 so it not that Im a new player

emcee
12-24-2011, 01:27 PM
I think this happens to everyone. Just some don't notice it. Possibly the ones that overlook it are players with only 1 of each building. When you have two of the same and collect at the same time and one does not show a payout its quite obvious something is amiss.

I don't think the OP assertion about how robberies have a correlation to this problem is probably the cause. I don't rob, attack, do missions and hardly ever get robbed or attacked and this still happens to me on a daily basis.

Max Power
12-24-2011, 01:48 PM
I think this happens to everyone. Just some don't notice it. Possibly the ones that overlook it are players with only 1 of each building. When you have two of the same and collect at the same time and one does not show a payout its quite obvious something is amiss.

I don't think the OP assertion about how robberies have a correlation to this problem is probably the cause. I don't rob, attack, do missions and hardly ever get robbed or attacked and this still happens to me on a daily basis.

Most people at certain levels have their buildings synched, and everyone would notice it, even if they had only 1 of each 12 hour buildings.

I don't think it happens to everyone, not even close. I would be pretty pissed if it happened to me.

Kirbnite
12-24-2011, 02:44 PM
I had an even bigger bug happen that I kindly reported and they are reviewing how it happened, but one day I logged in and had 800 mil on hand. I did spend some, but also made the report to ios support and they corrected the cash on hand. So not sure how or why only selected people encounter these oddities.

617Pats
12-24-2011, 03:15 PM
Funzio needs to do a better job fixing glitches in their game, has happened to me a number of times.

Chancellor
12-24-2011, 04:44 PM
My laundromats constantly don't reset the timer... It's not a big deal, but it is annoying...

emcee
12-24-2011, 04:55 PM
Maybe it doesn't happen to everyone. Maybe only happens to people who have a certain configuration of buildings or a certain number of buildings for their level. Possibly it only happens to people who have laundromats or laundromats over level 5 for all we know.

Kirbnite
12-24-2011, 05:44 PM
No ideas. But I don't own a laundromat. But who the heck knows.

Royal Flush
12-24-2011, 05:59 PM
It's because you exit the game before the server can be fully updated after the collections, when you next log on it only then resets the timers.

emcee
12-24-2011, 06:18 PM
It's because you exit the game before the server can be fully updated after the collections, when you next log on it only then resets the timers.

I was thinking about that as well. You are probably right but I've also waited after collecting on buildings and this still happens. Possibly it is a percentage or fraction of total time that if you don't meet will not reset. For instance, you must wait a minimum 3 seconds after collecting from a laundromat or 1% of total payout time before exiting or there is a chance that a payout counter will not reset. Maybe this 1% rule also applies to other buildings. The problem is on a 12 hour collection building you have to wait much longer...

Kirbnite
12-24-2011, 06:41 PM
I would say that is a plausible cause, but I'm in and out of the game numerous times so I rule that out for myself.

Tramp Stamp
12-24-2011, 07:37 PM
For instance, you must wait a minimum 3 seconds after collecting from a laundromat or 1% of total payout time before exiting or there is a chance that a payout counter will not reset.

I have a feeling it is >= 1 minute. 45 seconds is definitely not enough.

dudeman
12-25-2011, 02:52 AM

That is not the cause. I collect my money buildings before I spend my full stamina. Obviously anyone would do the same. The thing is, finding a rival worth spending stamina points on is neither fast nor easy at my level (94). I have a stagnant rival list and pretty well everyone on that list knows who to rob/attack and when. This means that unless I want to just randomly attack someone for 1-8 respect coins, I have to search for a hood that has some decent money buildings ripe for picking, or luck out on someone with a tonne of cash on hand.

So I collect my cash buildings, take ten minutes to put my stamina points to good use, and shut it down.

Collection times still reset.

If you happen to collect a 24h building at the same time as an 8h building, and the 8h building has 5h left while the 24h building has 23h remaining, there has certainly been a reset.

If you collect your 6h buildings every second time you collect your 3h buildings and you suddenly find that your 6h buildings no longer sync since the last collection, there has certainly been a reset.

Regarding laundromats, does anyone actually expect to collect every payout on a five minute building? Pretty much a non-issue with laundromats. Any other building, however, big friggin' problem!!!

[Edit:] Merry Xmas

Tramp Stamp
12-25-2011, 08:47 AM
Regarding laundromats, does anyone actually expect to collect every payout on a five minute building?

Having no payouts every other login unless you login/logout twice literally cuts Laundromat income in half, which is a big deal for people whose economies are Laundromat based.

dudeman
12-25-2011, 12:36 PM
Having no payouts every other login unless you login/logout twice literally cuts Laundromat income in half, which is a big deal for people whose economies are Laundromat based.

Fair enough. It's easy to forget how important those are earlier in the game. Now though, they are just bonus cash or something to do every five minutes. They don't do much for me I feel.

emcee
12-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Laundromats were essential in building my base in the beginning. Now I don't see them in the same light as I don't leave the app running all the time and log in periodically. That said, I will not sell them or upgrade them to level 9 or 10 unless all other buildings are at 10 which will be a long time considering night clubs will be factored in to the equation.