PDA

View Full Version : The Modern War FUBAR Hall of Fame : post your offensive failures here!

chuck norris
12-23-2011, 09:43 AM
Here's the scenario. I'm a Level 56 with 20 points for attack with 20 allies/80 units for a total attack score of 550.

Rival is level 33 with one ally and so only 4 units for a total *65 defensive score. Plus your ****in mystery multiple factor. Safe to say my attack is 8-10 times his defense. Why he showed up on my radar is another case of FUBAR.

Explain to me. I raided his base 18 times. I won every raid. I suffered 10 casualties, value approx $700,000. He lost nothing. 80 units versus 4 units and he snipes 10 of my units. He had no gold units.

I still can't believe I paid to play this game. Mother of all things ****ed.

If you have a worse scenario, this is the place. The Modern War FUBAR Hall of Fame.

zynshmily
12-23-2011, 10:03 AM
mmm..dude. never raid...
unless the opponent is completely tired out. only raid when someone has absolutely no strength to fight back.kinda like kick a man when he is down...
raid comes with a big price to pay when defended

chuck norris
12-23-2011, 11:27 AM
Number one i took my chance to experiment with the mechanics on a very tiny player. I hit him 18+ times purely for sake of research.
His 65 defense is hardly defended. Are you implying that more units are lost raisin than attacking? Please elaborate. If it's etiquette your talking about well that's for another thread.

zynshmily
12-23-2011, 11:50 PM
raid has much higher casualty than attack. thats for sure...
I once attacked someone with 800 def(my attack was about 13k).
i attacked him 6 times in a row, didnt lose one single unit.
since i was on the verge of leveling up, i wanted to use up all my remaining 14 stamina points before i leveled up. So i raided that poor fellow 18 times...
I thought, since he was too weak to fight, he wouldn't be able to defend his base. It turned out among 18 raids, i got into fight with him about 5 times. Not only did i lose one unit at least in each of those five battles, i also lost 2-3 valuable pieces. Once, i lost 3 units all at once.
This would've never happened when i "attack" him, but when you "raid" someone, it seems like involving a fixed higher base rate for mortality regardless how much you overpower him.
In short, raid is much more likely to lose units than attack.
Many people have confirmed that. No one yet can quantify the outcome. It's too random, defensive building are also needed to be taken into account...

Wildfire
12-24-2011, 02:49 AM
Just attacked someone with 72 defence against 1307 offence 4 times for a pvp challenge, he couldn't fight his way out of a paper bag but I still lost, a 58k APC, a 100 valor Avenger, a 34k Cruiser, 2 Fighter planes and 2 Rangers. The gained valor wouldn't replace the Avenger and I'd over 100k of lost units. So no correlation at all on unit loss to relative strengths. It's becoming impossible to figure out how to make any progress in this game at the minute!

JoeyNotCool
09-16-2012, 05:12 PM
The day the pirates messed with the Indians that's a FUBAR

jeffrey
09-16-2012, 11:27 PM
Explain this, during that mysterious week that I felt i was punished by Greedy Funzio, I lose a Super Hornet or Stealth Frigate every time for attacking a dead base which its defense is like around 3K and my attack is over 30K.

Then I stopped attacking for 2 weeks, the casualty rate seemed back normal again. So there is a counter over your head, I think Gree like to punish active daily attackers. Just my theory adn 2 cents.

I sent in a ticket to ask them to return me my lost high valor units due to the glitch, I must lost at least 30 Elite Helicopter, 50 Hardened Marines, 60 Super Hornets, 30 Stealth Frigates, and countless of GIGN and Strike Eagles. Gree support refused so I stop gold purchase since.

War Priest
09-17-2012, 01:07 PM
The day the pirates messed with the Indians that's a FUBAR

What's wrong with you? Why would you post in a thread from 2011?

Tctiger
09-17-2012, 01:15 PM
It's rare but a few times I have attacked or raided a very very low rival and lost big units nearly every attack , there is no reason for this to happen so it does make you wonder sometimes , so it should work the other way around , if you only attacked players with 10 times your stats sooner or later you would find one who you could beat , anyone fancy testing that out?

Tctiger
09-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Who dragged this post up ?