PDA

View Full Version : Getting my ass kicked!

Djin
12-23-2011, 04:38 AM
So here's another prime example. I am using my iPad while typing this, and I just got the air sirens sounding I'm being attacked.

I lost only a few $100... so I attacked right back 4 times in a row and lost every time. He has 40 wins, 26 loses and he's only level 16. I can't attack or hurt him and everytime I do, I lose.

It's ****ing bull****. What gives?! I know I don't suck. I have a massive ****ing army.

I am looking at "My Alliance" and it shows an attack of 159, defense of 192 and 14 alliances. Grrr

osubuckeye
12-23-2011, 06:50 AM
a couple of things...

1. Your attack and defense are very low.
a. To beef up your defense you should spend money on transports (each gives you 8 defense points). So if you buy 20, you'll double your defense by adding 160 points and only spend $300,000. This will result in a severe drop to the number of people who can attack you.
b. Your attack is also very low. Not too much you can do there. It depends on what you can afford. Maybe A-10 Warthogs or Frigates, if you've upgraded your airfield, Chinhook helicopters are good also. But these will run you a lot of cash and you can lose them fairly easily.

2. Have you checked HIS stats? once you attack him or RAID him, you can click on "enemy profile" and see what his attack/defense ratings are. You can't expect to attack him and win if he has a higher defense. It doesn't matter how big your 'army' is. You can only take so many units into battle.

So if he has 2 transports = 16 defense. And you have 10 'light gunners' = 10 attack. You'll lose almost every time. And most likely your guys will die.

by the way, with 14 allies you can take a total of 60 units into battle. So only your 'best' 60 units go to battle. It doesn't matter if you have several hundreds of units in your army.

4 units per ally plus the 4 units you can bring yourself = 60

Agent Orange
12-23-2011, 07:44 AM
Was wondering something, if you were attacked and lost it's highly likely that you will loose if you attack since the attacker was already more powerful.

As osubuckeye says, check the rivals stats. I try and find them on my rivals list first since hitting attack is going to most likely lead you into an ambush. What I mean by that is I used to have double the defense than attack so if I did loose when I attacked someone if they attacked me I was usually stronger. Made a lot of cash that way because the person just sees in their stats that I attacked and lost so they figure they can attack me and win. Nope, because I was probably attacking someone who was close in terms of stats eg my attack was probably just a little higher then their defense and that could mean a loss, but my defense was usually double their attack so when they tried to hit me again they would loose every time.

Djin
12-23-2011, 09:56 AM
a couple of things...

1. Your attack and defense are very low.
a. To beef up your defense you should spend money on transports (each gives you 8 defense points). So if you buy 20, you'll double your defense by adding 160 points and only spend $300,000. This will result in a severe drop to the number of people who can attack you.
b. Your attack is also very low. Not too much you can do there. It depends on what you can afford. Maybe A-10 Warthogs or Frigates, if you've upgraded your airfield, Chinhook helicopters are good also. But these will run you a lot of cash and you can lose them fairly easily.

2. Have you checked HIS stats? once you attack him or RAID him, you can click on "enemy profile" and see what his attack/defense ratings are. You can't expect to attack him and win if he has a higher defense. It doesn't matter how big your 'army' is. You can only take so many units into battle.

So if he has 2 transports = 16 defense. And you have 10 'light gunners' = 10 attack. You'll lose almost every time. And most likely your guys will die.

by the way, with 14 allies you can take a total of 60 units into battle. So only your 'best' 60 units go to battle. It doesn't matter if you have several hundreds of units in your army.

4 units per ally plus the 4 units you can bring yourself = 60

I started the game like 2 days ago, give me some time to get money. lol

I also cannot stand that it takes sometimes 15+ hours to upgrade something, and you can only upgrade one thing at a time. So it's going to take a while for me to get upwards of $300,000.

osubuckeye
12-23-2011, 10:33 AM
hehe, good point. Get yourself engineers asap, and DO NOT add too many allies at once. If you just got the game 2 days ago you should scale down your allies and equip engineers like crazy. That will give you the 'freedom' to build in peace.

But just like any army, you're new and green, and you won't have an attack until you have a defense.