PDA

View Full Version : re-aranging buildings fustrating

xclusiv
12-22-2011, 09:56 PM
i am the only one that finds it fustrating when you go to move a building but instead all your doing is moving around your hood and just cant get that building to move have to cancel then try move again. is this an issue with my phone? or the game?

dudeman
12-22-2011, 10:25 PM
That happens on my iPad2 all the time and it is very annoying. Before canceling I try tapping somewhere else (makes the object move there instantly) and see if I can grab the object from there. That usually works, but not always.

Syn
12-22-2011, 10:31 PM
That happens on my iPad2 all the time and it is very annoying. Before canceling I try tapping somewhere else (makes the object move there instantly) and see if I can grab the object from there. That usually works, but not always.

Happens on my iPhone 4 as well. It does get quiet annoying, but I do what dudeman suggests. Works 75% of the time. Also, if you move it to an edge of the map that seems to help as well.

Ram
12-22-2011, 10:33 PM
Yup always happen to me too

Nudie
12-22-2011, 10:55 PM
Ya, me three. Found that if I grab a building and move it to a fairly empty spot it will be easy to pick it up again. Whereas if intermediate stop in the middle of other buildings makes it freeze.

dudeman
12-23-2011, 01:28 AM
This bug caused me to stop dragging objects around my hood a long time ago. You can usually get pretty close with one tap near where you want it, and then just repeat as necessary until you grab it to move it to the exact squares.

Amber_
12-23-2011, 03:42 AM
Finally! This is really getting on my nerves, as I re-arrange my hood often. I often have to move decorations because no matter how exactly I tap the building, there's always a bench or something that gets selected instead.
PLEASE FIX THIS!

Edit: So not only do I have a problem moving buildings, but I'm having a huge trouble selecting them!

Dorian Gray
12-23-2011, 08:35 AM
Finally! This is really getting on my nerves, as I re-arrange my hood often. I often have to move decorations because no matter how exactly I tap the building, there's always a bench or something that gets selected instead.
PLEASE FIX THIS!

Edit: So not only do I have a problem moving buildings, but I'm having a huge trouble selecting them!

Don't get me started Amber.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?10923-bug-Park-trash-can

Nudie
12-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the advice on tapping. I tried that and it has made moving building much easier for me.
I also moved all my trees which were blocking my building levels into a "central park" location. My buildings were getting robbed regardless of the visibility of their levels anyway. So at least now my trees won't get in the way when I am trying to check upgrade cost/time and/or trying to move buildings around.

G Wiz
12-24-2011, 02:44 AM
Cant begin to say how hard it is to select something you want when there is a tree in the backround. It got bad from updates 2.0 forward.

emcee
12-24-2011, 04:38 AM
If you are a very efficient build/hood arrangement with little wasted space moving things around can be a challenge. Dragging a building can be a challenge but placement can be just as frustrating; more so if you have towers or decorations/obstructions in the line of sight. The best way to navigate placement is to zoom in on the build area as much as possible which should facilitate easier placement.