PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Advice: Money Buildings that are Low Hour.

Duke.0
12-22-2011, 02:00 PM
Hey Forum people;

Currently i only have 12/24/48 hour buildings, i'm looking to build a low hour building to supplement my income a little bit, so when i play , i can constantly collect money. I don't necessary care if i collect "all" the pickups, its not about that for me and i wouldn't expect to collect all the pickups of a low hour building. My main focus is the 12/24/48 hour buildings, i'm just thinking it would be fun to have a few 5 min / 1 hour buildings that i can just collect on when i log on and play, instead of waiting 12 hours min to collect.

Anyone got a favorite low hour building? There are lots to pick from, are the 1 hour buildings worth it?

Right now i'm looking at :

1. Laundromats (x2) its $826 every five min with both at level 10 - would take 4-5 days per laundromat to get it to level 10

2. Arcade doesn't seem worth it. Its $1650 x 2 for level 10...not much of a increase

3. Sports Bar also doesn't seem super high income per hour either, level 10 is 4620 and it takes a super long time to get there.

4. Beach Nightclub - Cost 1 mill to start it but it gives you 1,925 an hour...

Currently : I'm leaning towards 2 x laundromats. when they are level 10 they would almost pass the Beach nightclub in 20 minutes of collection.
25 minutes of collections = 4130....pretty good for just playing almost a half hour.
And they don't cost a lot to level up.

Thoughts? What do you think?

Syn
12-22-2011, 02:09 PM
I am a big fan of low hour buildings! 3 hour are some of the best ones in my opinion, but if I had to choose between the 4 I would choose the Beach nightclub. I play a lot, but not enough to collect my LM every 5 minutes. (Mine are only level 8/9)

But if you're looking to spend some gold, for sure look into the Wedding Chapels, Ice Cream Shops, and Adult Movie Theaters. Great 3 and 1 hour buildings!

Amber_
12-22-2011, 02:26 PM
I actually sold my Arcade's and Sports bar's. They are pretty much useless and takes valuable space. Beach Nightclubs and Laundromats are great, go for them. Definitely.

Duke.0
12-22-2011, 02:27 PM
Well you can suggest 3 hour ones too if you want :) I have little experience with the lower hour buildings in the game thus far.

I'm just thinking like in the situation where i just log on to play a little, farm for items or what ever...i would like to just collect some extra money once in a while.

Should i focus more on the 3 hour buildings then?
Perhaps...build a lot of them..

I used to have Italian Rests and Souvineer shops but i sold them, i kept getting them robbed a lot. Now that my defense is upwards of 16,000 at level 87, I think i can prevent the robberies now and i'm looking to get some lower income buildings.

Which 3 hour buildings? All of them are good?
Or only a few?

Duke.0
12-22-2011, 02:33 PM
I actually sold my Arcade's and Sports bar's. They are pretty much useless and takes valuable space. Beach Nightclubs and Laundromats are great, go for them. Definitely.

Thanks Amber for the reply.
I'm also leaning towards laundromats just for fun :)

Beach nightclub is expensive but its manageable. Right now my income isn't super high, but then again, i'm spending a TON on defense buildings.

Syn
12-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Well you can suggest 3 hour ones too if you want :) I have little experience with the lower hour buildings in the game thus far.

I'm just thinking like in the situation where i just log on to play a little, farm for items or what ever...i would like to just collect some extra money once in a while.

Should i focus more on the 3 hour buildings then?
Perhaps...build a lot of them..

I used to have Italian Rests and Souvineer shops but i sold them, i kept getting them robbed a lot. Now that my defense is upwards of 16,000 at level 87, I think i can prevent the robberies now and i'm looking to get some lower income buildings.

Which 3 hour buildings? All of them are good?
Or only a few?

Here is my set up: 2 Italian (Lvl 5/4), 2 Wedding Chapels (Lvl 1), 2 Souvenir Stores (Lvl 4/5), 1 Fancy Restaurant (Lvl 1), 2 Sushi Bars (Lvl 3/4), 2 Ice Cream Shops (level 5/6), 2 Pizza Parlors (Lvl 5) which combined make me around 30k every 3 hours.

Then combine my 6 hour buildings, 1 Comedy Club (Lvl 1), 2 Chicken/Waffle (Level 3), 2 Gas Stations (Lvl 5) then add roughly 15k every other 3 hours.

Then combine the 2 Adult Movie Theathers (Lvl 1) at 3.8k an hour each, you get around 53-60k every other 3 hours.

This is just off the top of my head with the money, but it's pretty close. So yeah I like my low hour buildings :D

Edit: Also, nobody seems to touch the Italian or Souvenir anymore. Just the Ice cream, Adult Movies, and Wedding Chapels.

Duke.0
12-22-2011, 02:51 PM
Here is my set up: 2 Italian (Lvl 5/4), 2 Wedding Chapels (Lvl 1), 2 Souvenir Stores (Lvl 4/5), 1 Fancy Restaurant (Lvl 1), 2 Sushi Bars (Lvl 3/4), 2 Ice Cream Shops (level 5/6), 2 Pizza Parlors (Lvl 5) which combined make me around 30k every 3 hours.

Then combine my 6 hour buildings, 1 Comedy Club (Lvl 1), 2 Chicken/Waffle (Level 3), 2 Gas Stations (Lvl 5) then add roughly 15k every other 3 hours.

Then combine the 2 Adult Movie Theathers (Lvl 1) at 3.8k an hour each, you get around 53-60k every other 3 hours.

This is just off the top of my head with the money, but it's pretty close. So yeah I like my low hour buildings :D

Edit: Also, nobody seems to touch the Italian or Souvenir anymore. Just the Ice cream, Adult Movies, and Wedding Chapels.

Thats pretty cool you get alot from those buildings.
Do you collect often or do you let it slide a bunch?

Syn
12-22-2011, 03:15 PM
Thats pretty cool you get alot from those buildings.
Do you collect often or do you let it slide a bunch?

I try to collect every 3 hours, if you don't it doesn't seem very worth it. I miss maybe 1 collection at the most while I'm awake, and 2 while I sleep. I work the night shift, so I have a lot of time to do this :D

Duke.0
12-22-2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah, perhaps i should simply stick with my original 12/24/48 plan and not build a laundromat... I never miss a collection.
I'm up to the point now, where if i wait a day, i can get about 500k to spend on upgrades or buy some items to help the mafia.

Hm..Maybe i should wait a week and build a Upscale Club for 4,000,000.
Its over 90,000 every 24 hours, and only takes 12 hours to make too. Seems like a good plan actually.....I currently don't use my bank. My entire News Feed is GREEN and nobody has been able to win attacks or robberies. If i don't level up i think i can make one in a couple days.

TemplarX
12-22-2011, 04:12 PM
I find 3 hour buildings the sweetest spot for me. Ice cream shop is best, small footprint high payout with low upgrade costs. I am a fan of souvenir shop. Arcade is a waste of space and time. Of course my love since Day 1 playing this game are the two level 10 laundromats. Takes forever to upgrade, but I did it while I was away from game on holiday. I think laundromats are a must if you play on the iPhone, since u can collect in between meetings, during toilet breaks, between kisses, etc etc

Duke.0
12-22-2011, 04:27 PM
I find 3 hour buildings the sweetest spot for me. Ice cream shop is best, small footprint high payout with low upgrade costs. I am a fan of souvenir shop. Arcade is a waste of space and time. Of course my love since Day 1 playing this game are the two level 10 laundromats. Takes forever to upgrade, but I did it while I was away from game on holiday. I think laundromats are a must if you play on the iPhone, since u can collect in between meetings, during toilet breaks, between kisses, etc etc

Ok you convinced me...i'll make 2 laundromats :)

xclusiv
12-22-2011, 04:53 PM
free wise:
sports bar - sucks dont buy i have 2 upgraded and they still suck
arcade - thats a joke
beach nightclub - nice looking buildings has good base income
italian resturant - recommend building good income, fairly decent upgrade times, cheap upgrade prices
laundromat - good building at level 10 if you have 2 of them, good income
collection agency - looks nice, sucks balls

gold wise:
icecream shop - recommend building good upgrade time and price good income
empire theater - even better than icecream shop income wise
sushi bar - good building good income good upgrade
gingerbread house - good building
carousel - looks nice, sucks balls
adult movie theater - recommend building good base income, but expensive upgrade
gaming palour - sucks balls like you wouldnt believe

even though this is not a 1-3 hour building i recommend it extremely
domincan resturant heres an example of how good it is
at level 3 it makes 30grand, more than a level 10 house 29grand, and only takes 19 hours to get to level 3

Duke.0
12-22-2011, 05:26 PM
Yeah, i got 2 Dominican's already level 2. They bring in SOOOO much money its nuts.

I think i'm going to make 2 Laundromats and power level them for a week till i get level 10 on both.
and yes i know i won't collect all the possible income, but thats not the point. My point is when i play, i would like to collect all the time. I think getting 800+ every 5 min is good.

deuces
12-22-2011, 05:58 PM
what do the wedding chapels pay out at level 1?

Syn
12-22-2011, 06:01 PM

2.9k for non-tycoon, 3.2k for tycoon every 3 hours.

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEHrvnoijXudHFVU2RxYUQzYXYtOURRd0d3M1hVR 2c&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=1

TemplarX
12-22-2011, 06:40 PM
domincan resturant heres an example of how good it is
at level 3 it makes 30grand, more than a level 10 house 29grand, and only takes 19 hours to get to level 3

Thanks for the heads-up, I see it now...very good upgrade indeed! Respective ROI for level 2 and level 3 upgrades only 635 / 707 hours... less than the 800 hours (33 days) i am looking for.

deuces
12-22-2011, 07:00 PM

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEHrvnoijXudHFVU2RxYUQzYXYtOURRd0d3M1hVR 2c&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=1

oh weird, thanks. on the version i copied over for myself, its not there. must have done something wrong when i copied it over.

edit: syn, do you mind checking the width and depth of the wedding chapel? or someone else if they have them. Tramp stamp can update if he sees this as well.

Syn
12-22-2011, 07:06 PM
oh weird, thanks. on the version i copied over for myself, its not there. must have done something wrong when i copied it over.

edit: syn, do you mind checking the width and depth of the wedding chapel? or someone else if they have them. Tramp stamp can update if he sees this as well.

6x6, i'm pretty sure.

deuces
12-22-2011, 07:15 PM
Thanks, appreciate it. Thinking i might get to those then camp for a while until i catch up from having been a noob for the first 50 levels :)

Max Power
12-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Wedding Chapels are 6x6.

Adult Movie Theaters are magnets for thieves. My wall fills up pretty fast since building those.

xclusiv
12-22-2011, 09:27 PM

8,800 every 3 hours non tycoon

xclusiv
12-22-2011, 09:28 PM

you must be looking at the wrong building it pays 8,800 every 3 hours

Syn
12-22-2011, 09:35 PM
you must be looking at the wrong building it pays 8,800 every 3 hours

You're right, I was looking at the $/hour gain. 9.6k for tycoon :D

xclusiv
12-22-2011, 09:52 PM
another building which people over look is the wholesale warehouse,

it may be a bit bigger than the domican resturant, but dont let its size fool you this is still one bad ass building,

from wholesale warehouse - level 1 it takes 19 hours to get to level 3 - income - 30,030tycoon 18 hours collection upgrade price reasonable
domnican resturant - 19 hours from level 1 to get to level 3 - income - 30,800tycoon 24 hours collection upgrade price good

TemplarX
12-22-2011, 10:06 PM
wholesale warehouse is good economically too, but I am passing on that for the moment...i dislike big buildings, and the collection is strange, it would be mornings at times, evenings others, even while you're sleeping sometimes... would annoy me to nuts!

Ram
12-22-2011, 10:11 PM
You should definitely get the Beach Nightclub!