PDA

View Full Version : Best items to spend respect on

gcooldude
12-22-2011, 04:34 AM
I am at level 70 and my friend has been advising me to put my respect into combat boots. I am up to 6,000 respect and wanting a second opinion on whats best to spend respect on. I am working on farming M4 A1 so I don't want to spend any on weapons.

Fedor
12-22-2011, 04:41 AM
It seems you acquire the least amount of vehicles, so I would spend it on that bike for 325

Nudie
12-22-2011, 05:31 AM
Yes, do get vehicles with your respect coins. 6,000 doesn't really go very far though. I spent a lot of respect on vehicles, so far I have 100 bikes and 100 mustangs. Also 100 night vision goggles, 75 combat boots (I want to get at least 100), 40 shotguns, 10 tommy guns, 60 columbian knives (I also want to get to at least 100).
I also try to rob buildings that give a lot of respect like warehouses, clothing stores and meat factories.
PvP wins also generate respect and loot items, many melee weapons, armor and some guns but very few vehicles.

gcooldude
12-22-2011, 05:44 AM
Yeah 6,000 don't go far, so far I have 53 combat boots so might get that up to 100 then work on the bikes. I see theres armor for 800 respect but that would take a lot of respect getting lots of those.

downrange
12-22-2011, 11:33 AM
I can't recommend Night Vision Goggles strongly enough. Seriously.

Where to spend respect was, until recently, one of the few game aspects I hadn't looked at closely. Now I have, ever since this thread: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?14675-Equipment-trend-for-the-high-level-(HL)-players&highlight=high+level+equipment
I will be buying Night Vision Goggles exclusively from now on, until I feel close enough to Excelro to start saving for those.

I am level 68 (level 60 on second acct) and take a long-view of the game, for reference. I reinvest heavily in my Type-A Money Buildings and know that I will have the money available to buy Steel Garotte once i actually need to (no need at all yet) and then mid-level cars before i can eventually afford Audi. For now though I buy just enough very low level items (see my other recent post) when needed to fill out what my mafia can carry to battle. The bulk of my atk/def stats come from M4A1 farming, PVP loot, and those Night Visions. By any estimate my melee and cars are weak at the moment, and they will be for quite a while to come -- but I know what to buy first when i need those categories to begin to materially contribute to my overall atk/def stats. And current weakness in those categories doesn't matter due to the strong stats from gun farming and RP to armor.

More to the point. The reason I've settled on RP for Night Visions, is that I analyzed why other high-level players might've come to that decision. Yes, armor is cheaper to buy than cars. No contest. Totally agree. However, take a look at the Attack value of the armor you can purchase, and pay attention to even the later-level more expensive armor. Go ahead, I'll wait. You see it? Yup, that's why Night Visions are the long-term best friend of any player once they hit the mid-levels. Sure, you'll have lots of PVP loot armor in the long run, but where are you ever going to get anywhere near 16 Attack from armor, and especially at such a low [relative] price of 300RP. And while both Attack and Defense are important, well...

I have read here enough (thank you, forum regulars!) to know how much more important Attack is than Defense. Don't get me wrong. I cherish my current defense, which protects my money buildings at current levels, but i have no illusions that those coveted buildings will be pounced on intensely once i hit the big boy levels. Defense will still be important, but not nearly as much as Attack. I guess for further reference, let me explain my current situation. I can rob/attack almost anyone at my level at will, and rarely pay any attention to their Defense. When I look through my Rivals list though, the victims I actually choose are those whose Attack is about 60% of my Defense or less. This way i stay off the newsfeed of anyone who might have even a remote possibility of repeatedly robbing my collections. For weeks now, the very few successful robberies against me were single shots where the rival [typically a gold buyer] can't find me again. I always assume that others are at least as smart as me, so hopefully this shows how in a roundabout way, that Attack serves a defensive purpose. -- Rivals whose Attack is 70+% of my Defense level stay Rivals and not Victims, of me anyway. Or, said another way, Rivals who have prioritized investing in Attack before Defense are [perhaps unknowingly, even] avoiding being robbed by me. Those who pursue defense first? Robbed. The defense is never enough.

Anyway, back to the point again. Getting significant atk/def point value out of cars is an eventual goal, but trying to get there too quickly hampers other more effective stat endeavors. I now heavily regret the 50 or 60 Yamaha Race Bikes I bought earlier on. They aren't a total waste, but it was a sub-optimal decision. I didn't need their stats that badly at the time, and I think Night Vision Goggles unlocked sometime near them. Oh well, it's Night Visions all the way going forward, for me. (and banking RP for Excelro after that)

Brent
12-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Chain whips is what is kinda the best, or RPG's and full combat gear.

procsyzarc
12-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Depends on style, I mostly pvp so earn a fair amount of respect (slowed down at the moment since the focus has been xp to be able to see the big boys) I am going bike to 400, night vision goggles to 450, chain whip to 450 - 500 then if every get to this point will be upgrading bikes to exo's and MA41's to RPG's (haven't decided which first yet since it is still a long way off and things may change by then)

blondealex
12-22-2011, 02:26 PM
I think it depends on how many mafia you have that are unequipped. If you have mafia lacking armor I would at least have combat boots for everyone. If you are fully equipped I would strongly agree on the night vision goggles and bikes. One thing I have done is to check your stats before and after you buy each item. The amount of increase per RP is what I would go with. I stay away from buying melee with rp with the exception of an occasional chain whip. The most common loot items from pvp are the butterfly knife and nail bat, so the amount that it helps you doesn't justify the cost compared to armor and bikes.
*this is based on looting M4 A1's and not needing guns

xclusiv
12-22-2011, 05:08 PM
yamaha race bike

madawgg
12-22-2011, 05:18 PM
just do some simple math, see which one is the most economically efficient...then just get as many as possible, after maybe two or three weeks do the calculations again coz they can vary ;) the most important point is...DONT LISTEN BLINDLY TO OTHER PPL'S OPINION