PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Equipment Set so you don't waste your RP

Troy125
12-21-2011, 06:20 AM
Since the new update there has been some new maps and more lootable items (e.g NATO gas mask)
Im sure anyone of us at a point had purchased too many of an item which can cost lots of RP later on.
So I would be glad if some HL players can post their suggestion for equipment set here to help newbies like me :)
Also, what are the best items to farm after M4?
Thanks in advance

Rarelibra
12-21-2011, 07:07 AM
Since the new update there has been some new maps and more lootable items (e.g NATO gas mask)
Im sure anyone of us at a point had purchased too many of an item which can cost lots of RP later on.
So I would be glad if some HL players can post their suggestion for equipment set here to help newbies like me :)
Also, what are the best items to farm after M4?
Thanks in advance

There are plenty of guides that have been put out already (like Popeye's, for example) that are very helpful.

If you want to try to save it all before getting to HL's, you will end up being weaker and not able to fight and will be behind the power curve.

Investment in steel-toed boots, AK-47s, mace, Hatchbacks, etc will help you as you level up.

I would say the biggest thing to stock up on are (in my opinion) and invest your RP are:

- Tommy Guns (or Sawn-Off Shotguns)
- Columbian Knives (or Serrated Blades)
- Night Vision Binoculars
- Mustangs (or Yamaha Race Bikes)

as these items will still assist you as you become higher level.

In my case, I invested in 100 steel-toed boots (before getting 100 combat boots), 100 AK-47s (before getting 100 Tommy Guns), 100 Street Knives (before getting Columbians), and 100 Junkers and 100 Motorcycles (before getting the Mustangs). It will help your mafia strength as you grow.

When you get to the point where you open up the Boardwalk, farm the M4s like crazy (as well as work on Devilish Taxis at the Junkyard).

khung003
12-21-2011, 07:15 AM
I would not farm any vehicles with stats not much different from the 69 Camero 5/4 (35k).
Looting M4A1 is the best way to replace any respect point guns, should never buy any guns by respect point if you can have 500 M4A1. I have 100+ sawn-off shotgun & now 500 M4A1, what the waste!!!

Troy125
12-21-2011, 07:50 AM
Then what should I farm after M4A1?
I cant decide between Serrated Blade or Chain Whip is it possible to get 400 chain whip and not downsizing on other RP items?
And I meant to ask what is the best alternative loots to farm after M4A1?

Rarelibra
12-21-2011, 08:22 AM
Then what should I farm after M4A1?
I cant decide between Serrated Blade or Chain Whip is it possible to get 400 chain whip and not downsizing on other RP items?
And I meant to ask what is the best alternative loots to farm after M4A1?

If you loot 500 M4's, go after Devilish Taxis (or other good vehicles) and don't spend a lot of RP on vehicles.

Chain whips are a great choice...

Max Power
12-21-2011, 08:23 AM
I am not sure that the Chain Whip is a loot item like the M4 is. It is a reward for 3 or 4 missions and a respect item.

There is a loot list posted somewhere here recently. I will let you search for it rather than me.

eb0nyknight
12-21-2011, 08:30 AM
It's a loot item. I got two of them from pvp.

Troy125
12-21-2011, 08:37 AM
As far as I know Chain Whip is only from pvp goals and is a RP item.
Sr if i made any confusion when I said I cant decide between Serrated Blade and Chain Whip. What I meant is I dont know which 1 equip all my mafia with.

dudeman
12-21-2011, 10:42 AM
It's a loot item. I got two of them from pvp.

I don't believe that is quite correct. Yu may have received those while doing PvP, but chances are they were the reward for completing a fighting streak. I forget the actual number because I have more of those now, but I think I got three chain whips from doing those PvP goals.

As for what I do with RP, chain whips, night vision goggles, race bikes. I finally have enough vehicles to equip my mafia, even if some of them are junkers, but since I am not lacking right now I can focus more on armor and melee.

Troy125
12-21-2011, 11:08 AM
How about Serrated Blade Dude?
I will be hell to buy 500 chain whips

madawgg
12-21-2011, 11:53 AM
i trust u can do the math and see which one is more efficient. dont fool urself that u will eventually get 500 of each category that would take u 5 years of playing...so just go for the most economically efficient ones :) for me the best one now is chain whip. and there's no loots better than M4A1 so i suggest u build ur economy and wait patiently

Lana Mano
12-21-2011, 12:39 PM
yupp what madawgg says... pvp loot no longer help teh stats for me x[ need new pvp loot ><

dudeman
12-21-2011, 02:45 PM
How about Serrated Blade Dude?
I will be hell to buy 500 chain whips

I only buy the strongest items I can afford (night vision goggles are an exception), and I don't keep a bigger mafia than I can equip. So I don't need 500 of anything right now, and only getting the best weapons just makes sense because otherwise you are wasting all your time and money to stay weak.

MadHatter
12-21-2011, 03:02 PM
I suggesting sim for 500 steel toecapoed boots

MadHatter
12-21-2011, 03:03 PM
I suggest you aim for for 500 steel toe capped boots

blondealex
12-21-2011, 09:59 PM
I think the best value is the Night Vision Goggles. I don't use RP for Columbian Knives or Serrated Blades, you can buy the Steel Garrote for 53K, and the pvp loot such as Nail Bats and Butterfly Knives don't have a big enough gap to warrant using RP on them. I buy mostly the NVG's and Race Bikes, although when I finished a fight goal I would usually use the RP earned to buy Chain Whips.

OneHoop
09-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Depends on your level/income/mafia-size.
Items which may be worthwhile, in order:
Combat Boots (50), Tommy Gun (100), Columbian Knife (200), Night Vision Binocs (300).

Generally speaking, you should not use respect points for anything that has a comparable cash weapon available to you.

Combat Boots upgrade from Armored Gloves/Gas Mask (3/6/$5900), and are made obsolete by the Swat Helmet at LV32. [4/4/100(R)]

Tommy Gun upgrades from AK-47 (3/4/$2700), and is made obsolete by the Golden Magnum but may be considered obsolete earlier once the Junkyard is open (LV30). [5/3/100(R)]

Columbian Knife is a little questionable, except that it is hard to get good Melee items. Upgrades from Brass Knuckles+Mace (3/6/$3740), and is made obsolete by loot. There is not a cash equivalent until level 72! I haven't gotten that high yet, so they're still more valuable to me than Serrated Blades. [4/1.5/100(R)] ...but...

Night Vision Binocs are the first respect item that is projected to be valuable through the end game, as there is no cash equivalent (at least not visible to me), but there are some loot items that come close. I'm buying NVBs exclusively right now, [4.3/3.3/100(R)]

Sawn-Off Shotgun also has no cash equivalent, but lots of loot items that come close [3.9/1.9/100(R)]

Also of note:
Mustang obsoletes from Camaro (5/4/$35000), but upgrades from Junker as [4/2.4/100(R)] YRB [2.5/2.5/100(R)].
Serrated Blade [2.25/3/100(R)]

I place a greater emphasis on attack, since defense can be bolstered by building Machine Gun Turrets and then Gattling Gun Turrets.

Polarbear
09-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Nice but 12-22-2011...