PDA

View Full Version : How I loot the M4A1s

khung003
12-21-2011, 12:56 AM
There are some people pm me asking for the secret, how I get 20 M4A1 per day ? I answer to a few people but because there are nothing to hide, I will tell you publicly.

- I only write what I did so if you object whatever I wrote, post it in another thread, if you don't like me or whatever I wrote, then stop now & leave quietly. Sorry guys, but I don't want to involve in pointless arguments.

- If you have a better way to get more M4A1s, you could share here or in your own thread.

- I will leave for vacation soon, I can't reply during this time, so don't wait for me if you ask something, just explore the secret yourselves.

khung003
12-21-2011, 12:58 AM
How do I start ?
- Ok, let me show you this, 82 M4A1s (http://8202.1.img98.net/out.php/i158333_82.jpg), those M4A1s are from one of my account, Agent class, max energy 2000 (exactly 2000).
This account loot M4A1s at Boardwalk, and I just tap, tap, tap, tap, to burn all energy at once, like looting M4A1 is wasting of my time, in the end, I got 82 M4A1s in about 2 weeks or more, not bad if you ask me.
How about you ? do you loot M4A1 like that ?

For my main account:
* Dec 17 (388 (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/878d9))
* Dec 18 (400 (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/83d16))
* Dec 19 (420 (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/0ec00))
* Dec 20 (452 (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/be547))
* Dec 21 (481 (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/c5c6d))

I'm Agent, my max energy is 1330 (exact number).
Looting place is also at Boardwalk (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/d1749). - everything normal :D. (if someone tell it's abnormal, look at the picture clearly & prove it)

- Looting M4A1s like that is a time consuming process. I tell you how I do it & you can try, I can't guarantee you can get 20 - 30 M4A1/day. It still depend on your luck & experience.

- At Boardwalk place at this time (Funzio may change it later), normally the chance for M4A1 is about 1:8 (1 M4A1 per 8 loots) to 1:20 but still there are a chance for 1:1, 1:2 or 1:3.

- What I need to do is catching the right timing, loot M4A1 at the best dropping rate instead of the worst dropping rate.

- There are some hours in a day that the dropping rate is like 1:20, I note down & avoid those hours.

- My time consuming looting process is below.

khung003
12-21-2011, 01:00 AM
My looting process:
- I loot the place 1 to 3 times, if it does not drop M4A1, I just leave, attack/rob some guys or quit CC & sharpen my mind with my favorite game (http://itunes.apple.com/app/id484579359?mt=8), thank to M4A1s, I find out nearly all of its secrets, 47/50 secrets, I doubt if anyone can be smarter (http://8202.1.img98.net/out.php/i158346_smater.jpg) than me in this game ...muhahaha...

- After I while I log in CC, go straight to Boardwalk and try from 1 to 3 times, if it does not drop M4A1s, repeat the process, leave, walk around, relax or sharpen my mind again...

- If it does drop M4A1, NO greedy. Just repeat the process, try 1 to 3 times, because there are no guarantee there will be M4A1 in the next 20 taps. NO GREEDY, just strictly follow the process, I want to have 10 not 1 or 2.

- That's all folks! Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

dudeman
12-21-2011, 01:17 AM
Thanks again for sharing. I tried your suggestion all day today and got 11 guns. That's better than the past few days, but still only about half what I was getting when I started farming the M4A1s. I would get 20/day when I started too, I just need to be that lucky more often I guess.

When I try two times and there's no loot drop I leave it alone for a while, but that still doesn't mean the odds are different later. It makes sense that loot drop seems to be yet another random variable though. This game seems to depend on random variables. I could be wrong, but how else can you explain sometimes looting the place 20 times and you get one or two guns, but the same place can give you 1:3 sometimes?

khung003
12-21-2011, 01:20 AM
There are no official explanation from Funzio, and it can be denied by only 1 or 2 lines from someone, so I don't waste my time to explain or talk about how 1:3 or how 1:20. If you think it's good, it's good, if not, it's not.

dudeman
12-21-2011, 01:21 AM
There are no official explanation from Funzio, and it can be denied by only 1 or 2 lines from someone, so I don't waste my time to explain or talk about how 1:3 or how 1:20. If you think it's good, it's good, if not, it's not.

Lol, fair enough.

deuces
12-21-2011, 01:41 AM
Thanks for sharing khung, when it does drop one during the first 1-3 hits, do you then use the rest of your energy? or if you go 3 hits without one do you quit and come back later?

Peacock
12-21-2011, 02:07 AM
I'm using the same technique as Khung. But I limit myself to 5 hits. If nothing I will leave, also using Broadwalk. If I got one b4 the 5th hit, I will leave.
Khung share his secret becos he's done with the job..lol
I think it's a pretty good technique, but I nv hit 20/day b4

K@le
12-21-2011, 02:38 AM
Ok Khung i have to give it to ya, nicely done ! i will try this too....
You write then i come back after a while, what is a while 30 min or 2 hours ?

xclusiv
12-21-2011, 02:40 AM
lol it is true khung is sharing now cause he is done with it haha, but thanks for the info khung

K@le
12-21-2011, 02:44 AM
lol it is true khung is sharing now cause he is done with it haha, but thanks for the info khung

He could have said nothing, you know how many players i see now who have over 100 M4A1 in the game pfff i didnt believe it would be so much, people come here read where to loot and never come back again.

Euchred
12-21-2011, 04:51 AM
I've been trying to do something similar to this but I just said screw it and I get my brother to do the drop for me when he goes to bed, about 4 hours after I do lol and it usually goes better. But i'll be trying this out thanks :)

khung003
12-21-2011, 06:29 AM

You may be right. But with current rate I can get 500 items in a very short time, done or not done this time does not really mean anything.

The reason I share it now because if I need to prove the method & let you guys believe it by numbers & images.

If I just blah blah blah without a concrete proof like Guru Peacock (sorry guy, just example), not only it be easily denied by many people in this forum, but also no-one will read or try whatever I wrote, what the point to share it ? Do you trust me & try my method if you never see the number with images ?

Anyway, sharing the method, does not mean you can get 20-30/day as I could, like Peacock said, you need more luck & looting experience.

Max Power
12-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Other than the blast in the morning where I empty my energy into the boardwalk (or Pier 13 depending on my mood), I have been doing this same strategy for the last two months. I go back during the course of the day and give it 2 or 3 tries and then move on. This has netted me nowhere near the results Khung has stated.

Granted, I do not have 2000 energy like he has, but I have enough to follow this strategy and I get maybe 5-6 a day in the old days and maybe 3-4 a day recently.

khung003
12-21-2011, 09:03 AM
You got dry spell for your whole life, old man (that your words).
I believe people like you will come and deny that, sooner or later. That's why I need concrete proof by number & images for what method I wrote down, words are never enough to some people.

I will leave for vacation after this post, good luck to you all. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year.

Ram
12-21-2011, 09:39 AM
I got 7 out of 20 times this morning!

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/1958/photoycb.png

Babytway
12-21-2011, 09:55 AM
I use both methods over the course of when i started tryin to get this weapon, when im at work i just blow all my energy doin the tap like crazy method and usually get 1-2 in one shot, then i let my stam regenerate and go again usually when my stam rebuilds a second time i get nothing but sometimes i get lucky, the third time around usually almost time to go home i try again and get at least 1, when im home or not working i use the method stated above and usually get 1-2 on an average day i uually can get 3-4 high end 5-6, but there are days i get zero. also i only do the scrap box at junkyard i only have 580 energy and i get more tries there than boardwalk, BUT when i do try boardwalk or pier 13 i do get one within two on my 580 energy refills

dudeman
12-21-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks for sharing khung, when it does drop one during the first 1-3 hits, do you then use the rest of your energy? or if you go 3 hits without one do you quit and come back later?

Did you even read the looting process?

Ok Khung i have to give it to ya, nicely done ! i will try this too....
You write then i come back after a while, what is a while 30 min or 2 hours ?

Let your energy come back. It takes 45 minutes to refill 135 energy.

JimmyShines
12-21-2011, 10:06 AM
Thanks a ton khung :o, I've gotten more M4's in the last 5 hrs then I have in the past 2 days... Going in many times probably refreshs the data for the drop and potentially negates a dev error on calculation, works like charm.

Much thanks!!!

Tramp Stamp
12-21-2011, 10:09 AM
Going in many times probably refreshs the data for the drop

Looks like he's found an exploitable flaw in the RNG. Interesting it would be so crude as to be static for long periods of time. A proper RNG updates dozens of times per second.

Lager
12-21-2011, 10:20 AM
It's working a lot better now. I'm getting way more M4A1's then I was before.
I'm keeping track of what times are the best for me.

Thanks Khung!!!

whocareswhatmynameis
12-21-2011, 10:27 AM
interesting strategy. will try it.

Syn
12-21-2011, 11:00 AM
Thanks a ton khung :o, I've gotten more M4's in the last 5 hrs then I have in the past 2 days... Going in many times probably refreshs the data for the drop and potentially negates a dev error on calculation, works like charm.

Much thanks!!!

Just a quick question, since khung is on vacation. How long is ahwile? Like in between the hits?

madawgg
12-21-2011, 11:27 AM
lol cant believe u guys find out just now...and trust me once u got 350 or so M4 wont make much difference...and i wonder..how long would you guys still be playing this game?

Syn
12-21-2011, 11:29 AM
lol cant believe u guys find out just now...and trust me once u got 350 or so M4 wont make much difference...and i wonder..how long would you guys still be playing this game?

Thanks for sharing so long ago! Oh wait..you didn't.. Thanks for..being a senior member?

Tramp Stamp
12-21-2011, 11:30 AM
Just a quick question, since khung is on vacation. How long is ahwile? Like in between the hits?

Logically it would seem best to keep the bar as close to full as possible so you could unload it when pickings are good. In that case, we just need to establish a number of test trials. For example, using the Junkyard (because I'm too lazy to look up Boardwalk cost):

3 trials = 3 x 57 energy = 171 energy => 171 energy / 3 energy/minute = 57 minutes
5 trials = 5 x 57 energy = 285 energy => 285 energy / 3 energy/minute = 95 minutes

Syn
12-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Logically it would seem best to keep the bar as close to full as possible so you could unload it when pickings are good. In that case, we just need to establish a number of test trials. For example, using the Junkyard (because I'm too lazy to look up Boardwalk cost):

3 trials = 3 x 57 energy = 171 energy => 171 energy / 3 energy/minute = 57 minutes
5 trials = 5 x 57 energy = 285 energy => 285 energy / 3 energy/minute = 95 minutes

And illogically? :p Thanks for pointing something so simple out, yet it wouldn't of dawned on me!

madawgg
12-21-2011, 11:33 AM
Thanks for sharing so long ago! Oh wait..you didn't.. Thanks for..being a senior member?
sorry i was being sour, but really...when u reach lvl 150 M4 doesn't add to ur stat, and the only thing u can do is building ur economy...and u know what, i posted it a long time ago why don't u dig up a few pages back and see what i wrote? SENIOR MEMBER?

Syn
12-21-2011, 11:36 AM
sorry i was being sour, but really...when u reach lvl 150 M4 doesn't add to ur stat, and the only thing u can do is building ur economy...and u know what, i posted it a long time ago why don't u dig up a few pages back and see what i wrote? SENIOR MEMBER?

Gahhh! Destroyed by my own insult! :p

As soon as I posted, I thought to myself "I should check if he did before I start accusing him...Nah, i'm sure he didn't!" Egg on my face!

madawgg
12-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Gahhh! Destroyed by my own insult! :p

As soon as I posted, I thought to myself "I should check if he did before I start accusing him...Nah, i'm sure he didn't!" Egg on my face!
khung's method is the same as mine, and i got 400 in less than one and half months, i never ever got to his rate. 20 a day is amazing. that being said...i just want to straighten my point out. looting items would eventually hit a dead end coz no other loots can boost ur stat that much. and at lvl 150...there's nothing much u can do, OR there's no fun at all. that's why i suggested combining weapons. See funzio is making a hell lot of money, and they are only 40ish people in that company! I trust they are also fun and interesting ppl, why not just make this game more fun? add more variability into this game? I need some feedback on my idea so i will email funzio about it

MadHatter
12-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Haha you guys are idiots. It makes sence to farm this way I can't believe that only Kung and a few others have been the only ones doing it.

And before you all jiz in your pants the drop rate has increased in the last day or so. It works much better than blowing your load in one go. But the results your are getting now is not going to continue.

JimmyShines
12-21-2011, 02:58 PM

I been hitting the place every hr with a small cool down to get my energy up, so far today 11 added and going.

Things to remember as the key to this, LOGIN (meaning, the app should not be up and running when you get back to it, the app needs to start from the connecting to server screen) and don`t be greedy, i.e. after 3 hits, no matter what you have, stop.

K@le
12-21-2011, 03:09 PM
Things to remember as the key to this, LOGIN (meaning, the app should not be up and running when you get back to it, the app needs to start from the connecting to server screen)

This i am doing wrong then :)So after 2-3 taps stop and shut the app down ok nice to know this, will try it tomorrow.....

Penutt
12-21-2011, 06:08 PM
I really don't want to sound like the scrooge of the whole M4 A1 Xmas gift drive but honestly the whole conversation about this weapon has been going on for months and it is rather old. We went from revealing CIA secrets about where to find the weapon to now breaking down drop rate algorythyms on how to loot the most per day....... Honestly you can only use 500 max in the game but unless that is the only gun you have or the highest gun stat wise you will never use 500 of them so just how many is really needed to where months later we are still talking about them and how to get 20/day. I'm jsut saying........

Dorian Gray
12-21-2011, 06:24 PM
I really don't want to sound like the scrooge of the whole M4 A1 Xmas gift drive but honestly the whole conversation about this weapon has been going on for months and it is rather old. We went from revealing CIA secrets about where to find the weapon to now breaking down drop rate algorythyms on how to loot the most per day....... Honestly you can only use 500 max in the game but unless that is the only gun you have or the highest gun stat wise you will never use 500 of them so just how many is really needed to where months later we are still talking about them and how to get 20/day. I'm jsut saying........

The thing about this topic is there are always new people entering the discussion. To them it really isn't an old conversation. The more things in life you become a 'veteran' at, the more you'll get used to this kind of thing. There will always be noobs, noobies, nubs, newbs, newbies, and scrubs. All asking questions you've answered a million times before. :)

xclusiv
12-21-2011, 06:29 PM
^ i agree with him, i have been on other forums for years, and the same question that was asked 5 years ago and discussed is sometimes the same question that is asked today and discussed lol

JimmyShines
12-21-2011, 06:31 PM
Unfortunately, there is no way to sticky any of this crap, we are on the forum of the cheap, remember. Bet-chya 100 Excelero’s:cool: we’ll see the exact same topics over and over again, week, month after week, month.

Duke.0
12-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks Khung, i'l give this a shot today and see how i do.

xclusiv
12-21-2011, 06:43 PM
has anyone ever successful looted an m4a1 from the bluescrap box? even if its just 1 lol

Duke.0
12-21-2011, 06:45 PM
has anyone ever successful looted an m4a1 from the bluescrap box? even if its just 1 lol

Yes, when i was level 30 all i did was loot from the blue box. I got about 50 of them before i started with the boardwalk location.

JimmyShines
12-21-2011, 06:47 PM

Yep, many times, but the Pier and Boardwalk are way better, the data proves it. :)

Dorian Gray
12-21-2011, 06:47 PM

Isn't it the blue debris box not the blue scrap box? Either way... no.

JimmyShines
12-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Isn't it the blue debris box not the blue scrap box? Either way... no.

Blue Scrap box only

Joe Brown1
12-21-2011, 06:54 PM
It is the blue scrap box and I have gotten about 120 from it. BW chews up too much XP for me (I'm currently lvl 61)

Dorian Gray
12-21-2011, 06:54 PM
Blue Scrap box only

Thanks for clearing up my confusion. I thinks it's left over from people typing 'blue dumpster'.

Chironex
12-21-2011, 07:05 PM

Hi guys,

I may have missed a point somewhere. Tramp Stamp, are you interpreting from Khung's looting process that we are to loot only when we have near max energy?

From what I interpreted, Khung simply says that he hits up to 3 times regardless of whether any loot drops and takes an unknown amount of 'break' time before trying again, ie even if you manage to get a drop 3 out of 3 attempts, he says to stop and take a break. He makes no mention of how full energy bars need to be and whether that affects the success of looting.

Cheers,

Chironex

Chironex
12-21-2011, 07:09 PM
Also, I have had 6x3 attempts at this strategy and various times of the day and have had terrible returns, 3 in fact. So thats like 1 in 6. Not saying this method is bs but just reporting my experience.

Tramp Stamp
12-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Tramp Stamp, are you interpreting from Khung's looting process that we are to loot only when we have near max energy?

From what I interpreted, Khung simply says that he hits up to 3 times regardless of whether any loot drops and takes an unknown amount of 'break' time before trying again

Then I misunderstood.

Also, I have had 6x3 attempts at this strategy and various times of the day and have had terrible returns, 3 in fact. So thats like 1 in 6. Not saying this method is bs but just reporting my experience.

Similar experience here. Small sample size but thus far no greater returns observed. If you're not supposed to take an advantage of a "sweet spot" I don't see how this method can work better than random. If you're hitting the thing at regular intervals, your returns should be average even with a flawed RNG.

Joe Brown1
12-21-2011, 07:27 PM
It sounded like Khung was implying that your drop odds are consistent day to day. I think the idea is to use the method to find the sweet spots during the day and go back at the same time every day and avoid bad drop times. It probably takes awhile to map out the best drop times but if you do . . .

JimmyShines
12-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Ah, no, there is no time of day in here, zip, zero, zilch, it's the drop factor calcuated for the map on time of load that you are fighting with, that is your random factor, and please pick what works for you, this is not a gospal.

Joe Brown1
12-21-2011, 07:36 PM
I didn't mean time in the game - but as you said, time you load the game. I was referencing Khung's comment

"- There are some hours in a day that the dropping rate is like 1:20, I note down & avoid those hours."

Tramp Stamp
12-21-2011, 09:16 PM
and don`t be greedy, i.e. after 3 hits, no matter what you have, stop.

Ah, no, there is no time of day in here, zip, zero, zilch, it's the drop factor calcuated for the map on time of load that you are fighting with, that is your random factor, and please pick what works for you, this is not a gospal.

But even if I do take this for gospel I still don't see how evenly spreading out trials maximizes return.

Things to remember as the key to this, LOGIN (meaning, the app should not be up and running when you get back to it, the app needs to start from the connecting to server screen)

This needs clarification as iOS is quite opaque as to what is "running". Do you mean to manually halt the app from the dock? Or even utilize some more advanced process terminator? Or just a vanilla swap out, swap in, which is what just about everybody does unless they're manually terminating apps and/or restarting their iOS device?

fatacad
12-21-2011, 10:07 PM
I wonder how much the developers are laughing about these threads trying to explain m4a1 drop rate algorithms based on weird equations like time of day and restarting the game after every 3rd Boardwalk hit...

Max Power
12-22-2011, 06:54 AM
I wonder how much the developers are laughing about these threads trying to explain m4a1 drop rate algorithms based on weird equations like time of day and restarting the game after every 3rd Boardwalk hit...

Exactly, and how to program that even if they wanted to do it.

madawgg
12-22-2011, 07:35 AM
Gee now lvl 30 guys r farming it too? Lol soon enough they r gonna kick my ass...:) and I feel like the drop rate is kinda related to ur lvl? I remember when I was lvl 100ish the drop rate is really sweet but once hit lvl 140 drop rate is ****ty no matter how hard I tried. There's one day I didn't get any and I thought funzio just blocked it after all

dudeman
12-22-2011, 09:10 AM
The drop rate is zilch today. I have been doing this method on boardwalk for a couple days and it WAS working, but today there's nothing there. I finally got frustrated a blew all my energy at once and still nothing.

Conclusion: the whole thing is 100% random and you either get lucky or you don't.

Rarelibra
12-22-2011, 09:40 AM
The drop rate is zilch today. I have been doing this method on boardwalk for a couple days and it WAS working, but today there's nothing there. I finally got frustrated a blew all my energy at once and still nothing.

Conclusion: the whole thing is 100% random and you either get lucky or you don't.

I got one M4 and one Devilish Taxi today... nothing more. :(

madawgg
12-22-2011, 09:55 AM
i have been doing this long enough to come to some conclusion. I don't know how khung did it. Maybe it's just pure luck, maybe it's not. I have been doing the same way he's been doing for one and half months and I have 400 of them. and sometimes i have 15 or so in a day and sometimes I can have only a few. At first as everybody knows, it doesn't have any fancy tricks so it's maybe 1:3 chances for every hit. then devs made a move, now it only comes at certain time of the day. The first time spot I discovered is 20-30 min. Then they switched again, this time it's 40-50. then that's for half a month then all of the sudden, for about two weeks it's just random. I'm done with looting M4, but really, don't put all ur hope on an EFFECTIVE method. It worked for u, then it worked for u, nothing else! and dont whine about it if the method doesn't work for a period of time. All I want to stress is...it's very inconsistent, so happy playing!

K@le
12-22-2011, 01:21 PM
today i got 11 with this method, it is time consuming pff write down all the times and how much i got but stay to the point of only 3 hits, it is difficult when 1st hit is nothing then 2 hits 2 bags and then stop the game lol.
But 11 today is not bad i still got 3 hours before i go to bed so maybe i get 3-4 more then i am at 15 !! thats the highest i ever got in 1 day and i am doing this method since 1 day.
I wil max farm 400 of those sweet babies, because i think the def's will change some weapon stats soon.
I only see the whole day enemies with 2-300 M4A1 rifle's, thats not funn and special anymore.

Duke.0
12-22-2011, 01:43 PM
I tried this since noon today, in five hours trying 3 attempts at a time, i got 1x M4A1.

So far...not convinced this is effective. To me, its just a random % chance to drop. nothing more.

TemplarX
12-22-2011, 10:15 PM
Drop rate NOW is great (12 am - 2am NY time)! I got 3 in 5 tries! Coincides with lots of buildings to rob ==> not many people playing at this hour. Yesterday (18 hours ago...about 3am - 9am NY time) was terrible, and very few buildings to rob too. Something to do with peak and trough European time?

TemplarX
12-22-2011, 10:20 PM
This M4A1 issue is the closest we have to religion in CC. There are the non-believers (completely random), there are the fundamentalists (there must be some pattern to it!), and the agnostics (whatever needs to be done, just gimme the damn thing!).

xclusiv
12-22-2011, 10:22 PM
would it be wise to spend gold to loot the m4a1? 20bars - 1000energy - how many possible m4a1s?

as a pose to spending 50 gold on a rifle = 1 rifle
50 gold - energy - technically 2500 energy = xxx???? m4a1s?

Syn
12-22-2011, 10:29 PM
would it be wise to spend gold to loot the m4a1? 20bars - 1000energy - how many possible m4a1s?

as a pose to spending 50 gold on a rifle = 1 rifle
50 gold - energy - technically 2500 energy = xxx???? m4a1s?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no. Absolutely not. Don't do it. A little more than 100 gold and you have a Pirate Tavern. With that extra income, buy whatever you need. Just because you have a lot of gold on you, trust me, it will be gone before you know it.

Nudie
12-22-2011, 10:59 PM
I used to believe that the drop rate was completely random but after many moons of searching for the elusive M4, am beginning to believe that the drop rate is better at certain times of the day. Don't know why this is the case but this is what my wanderings has taught me.

Max Power
12-23-2011, 04:43 AM
I used to believe that the drop rate was completely random but after many moons of searching for the elusive M4, am beginning to believe that the drop rate is better at certain times of the day. Don't know why this is the case but this is what my wanderings has taught me.

From a programming standpoint, how does that work?

JimmyShines
12-23-2011, 05:05 AM
They only thing that they might have implemented would be a time of hour modifier (0-59min, which is what I think Khung and others are talking about as they document there drops), time of day would not make any sense due to all the players world wide.

Look at madawgg's post, thanks madawgg.

dudeman
12-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Dry for 2 days. AGAIN! Farming this gun is more frustrating than getting my entire hood @&#%ing robbed every time I sleep.

Max Power
12-23-2011, 11:32 AM
Dry for 2 days. AGAIN! Farming this gun is more frustrating than getting my entire hood @&#%ing robbed every time I sleep.

This game appears to be really stressing you out.

Nudie
12-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Newsflash. Dry for almost 24 hours then suddenly 4 M4s from 7 tries at 6.30am EST. Go figure.

Joe Brown1
12-23-2011, 01:41 PM
Regarding the importance of time, if you google random number generator you can read how computer programs use clock time as a 'seed' or basis for calculating random numbers. When doing this, there can be some predictability. Computers can't really create random numbers, just a proxy.

dudeman
12-23-2011, 02:42 PM
This game appears to be really stressing you out.

I am just notching a lot of bugs and other flaws lately. The crapy M4 drop rate isn't a bug as far as I know, but it's discouraging when it feels like the game as a whole is going downhill. Reminds me of the hoods with boxes and orange cones arranged to say thing like "**** you Funzio" or "this game sucks".

I'm not that frustrated with it yet, but I'm getting there. You would think that with the amount of posts pointing out bugs, crashes, or other flaws that we would see some kind of improvement, but it actually seems to be getting worse! Do they really WANT to receive thousands of emails about bugs? Why can't they take a peek at the forum sometimes and let us know "ok, thanks guys, we didn't know about that problem but thanks for telling us and we'll work on it"?

Instead we get promises of spam filters and future updates. Fix the bugs first, please ffs!!!!!!!

DCjG
12-23-2011, 06:54 PM
From a programming standpoint, how does that work?

Static percentage with a time based cap. Heavy loads in this sort of system would dictate that when the cap resets, your odds go back up to the given percentage. Cap reached? Zero.

Not saying this is what happens but its potential programming that could cause this sort of behavior.

I honestly think its just a straight percentage chance and people get good and bad streaks.

Max Power
12-24-2011, 07:59 AM
Static percentage with a time based cap. Heavy loads in this sort of system would dictate that when the cap resets, your odds go back up to the given percentage. Cap reached? Zero.

Not saying this is what happens but its potential programming that could cause this sort of behavior.

I honestly think its just a straight percentage chance and people get good and bad streaks.

I'm with ya. I just don't feel Funzio would have bothered to put that much science into it.

greeneyes
12-24-2011, 08:00 AM

Seriously, I don't think developers are laughing at this thread. I'm a designer and I asked a senior developer about khung's post. He told me khung is pretty clever in his way to predict the random number & force the random number generated as his will. If he loot the M4A1s, he also do as khung.
He told me that he used to write a software simulating PowerBall, but it failed to go live because the generated numbers are not truly random & can be predicted by experts. People like khung may win millions dollars if PowerBall numbers are generated by a computer.

xclusiv
12-24-2011, 08:19 AM
interesting thread but i think people are really just over analysing, every time is random and is no way related to the last, a looting streak could last for many goes as could a loosing streak, there is nothing the player can do to effect the loot outcome, its just a random generator

K@le
12-24-2011, 09:01 AM
Today 2 M4A1's and yesterday 3 lol, the day before i had 14, it is random drop IMO.

G Wiz
12-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Not to take away from khung, but This is what works for me. I fight people and monitor the type of pvp loot drops:
Common-butterfly knives, wrestler masks
Uncommon-armored truck, vests, sniper rifles
Rare- bloody ak, pimps low rider, rocket launcher

If the uncommon and rare drops fall atleast once, I will then stop and loot boardwalk. This weilds about 10-12 m4's per day.

greeneyes
12-28-2011, 01:48 PM
Finally I got 500 M4A1, thanks to khung.
My question is how much do they cost in money ? 500 M4A1s 20/22 = 10.000 atk/11.000 def.

Their attack points equivalent to:
40 Private Party Planes (250/210) 900 gold bar/each = 36k gold bars (currently about 2400 bucks - check current gold bar price)
or
270 Precision Sniper Rifle (37/21) 50 gold bar each = 13.5k gold bars (about 900 bucks)

With 500 M4A1s, I can fight those who spent about 900 - 2400 bucks, wow!!!

xclusiv
12-28-2011, 11:50 PM
but what if those people spent 900 bucks, also have 500 m4a1 lol

greeneyes
12-28-2011, 11:53 PM
then they are surely stronger than (or least =) those who spent 1800 bucks with no M4A1s, lol

whocareswhatmynameis
12-29-2011, 06:22 AM

advice for when you see such rivals: HIDE... ;)

J.J.
12-29-2011, 07:20 PM
Badd drop rate for me just now, I just used 3,500 energy points & only earned 3 M4A1.

greeneyes
12-29-2011, 08:17 PM
that's because you tap continuously when looting M4A1.
with 3500 energy I got about 7,8 or more M4A1s, but it's time consuming, like khung wrote, try & retry, with that method I got 3 in 7,8 loots so often.

I think the drop rate is much better in Christmas holiday, that helped me got 500 items sooner.

Tren
12-29-2011, 09:07 PM
my 2 cents. Average about 1 per day, from the Junkyard, @ all hours of the day and night. 15, 30, 45 minute intervals all to no avail. On a side note my PVP drops are way above the norm 1:11 @ 1:18. My game constantly crashes when Im about to rake in a nice chunk of change from high output buildings. Ima go cry myself to sleep now!

greeneyes
12-29-2011, 09:12 PM
it's not 2 cents, it's not worth a cent. I found no drop at junkyard anymore. I only loot at boardwalk, all my M4 is from boardwalk.

Rarelibra
12-30-2011, 06:45 AM
it's not 2 cents, it's not worth a cent. I found no drop at junkyard anymore. I only loot at boardwalk, all my M4 is from boardwalk.

I've found the boardwalk to be the best drop rate around, and the khung strategy works well. Though sometimes when I tap, tap, tap I do fine... this morning at 6am EST (US) I actually got 4 in a row(!!!) but now nothing for a while.

rustbinlid
12-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Cannot loot them any more as now I have too many.

niclas
12-30-2011, 02:51 PM
Witch building in the boardwalk do you loot if you want the m4a1,s?
Is it the shooting gallery?

niclas
12-30-2011, 03:06 PM
Is it the shoting gallery you have to loot??

Syn
12-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Is it the shoting gallery you have to loot??

Not sure what a shoting gallery is.. :p

Yes, it is the Shooting Gallery

Nudie
12-31-2011, 01:49 AM
I do not know why but M4 drops for me are definitely better at around the same "special" time everyday.
A full load of energy (8 tries) will yield 1 or zero drops at other times even if I use Khung's or whatever method.
"Special" time 3 or 4 drops from 8 tries. Scratching head.

TenderPlacebo
12-31-2011, 05:25 AM

That's what I've been hitting and getting drops, actually got 2 in a row yesteday. It's def real low drop rate, but I like how little xp it gives you, and how little energy it uses. I've been kind of following the strategy, but I hit it 5x instead of 3. To be honest I haven't even tried boardwalk yet, so it could be better drop rate. I did get about 5 over a day at junkyard so it does produce.

Anubis
12-31-2011, 06:06 AM
It's def real low drop rate

5% in game data

TenderPlacebo
12-31-2011, 08:00 AM
Is data different for boardwalk? It does seem like I have been getting better drop rate at certain times. That could all just be a coincidence. I am keeping track of #hits,time,and drops so we will see.

Max Power
12-31-2011, 08:07 AM
Not sure what a shoting gallery is.. :p

Yes, it is the Shooting Gallery

The "shoting" gallery is where the full bar is.....

TenderPlacebo
12-31-2011, 08:11 AM
Well of 67 hits I have received 7. So for me it has been about 10%, still not the greatest but not bad.

Nudie
12-31-2011, 03:24 PM
Got 4 more M4s from 8 hits at around 6.30PM EST. Did 3 hits - 2 drops. Logged off. 3 more hits - 1 drop. Logged off. 3 more hits - 1 drop.

whocareswhatmynameis
12-31-2011, 03:38 PM
the drop rate has been decent- ~10 so far today... maybe a new year's eve thing ;)

Swearengen
01-01-2012, 04:48 PM
Doesn't this make you level fast getting all the exp for attempts?

MadHatter
01-01-2012, 04:51 PM
jst farm, m4s its for the best!

Nudie
01-01-2012, 11:19 PM
the drop rate has been decent- ~10 so far today... maybe a new year's eve thing ;)

Yes, I hope it lasts. Or maybe many players are smashed from New Year festivities and not logging in the game.

xclusiv
01-01-2012, 11:36 PM
Doesn't this make you level fast getting all the exp for attempts?

slow and steady does not win the race in this game

scp33
01-09-2012, 02:52 PM
very nice! 5 M4's as I used my full cache of engery of 1240. Not complaining about that!

fatacad
01-09-2012, 11:12 PM
I can confirm after many attempts that the logging off and certain time strategy is BS. IT DOES NOT WORK. Same exact probability as using all your energy at once at any random moment in the day. Let's move on

hunter
01-10-2012, 12:13 AM
I can confirm after many attempts that the logging off and certain time strategy is BS. IT DOES NOT WORK. Same exact probability as using all your energy at once at any random moment in the day. Let's move on
I agree, if you log in/out like a fool but still can't have better loot, just forget it. Such thing is not for you.

fatacad
01-10-2012, 12:19 AM
I agree, if you log in/out like a fool but still can't have better loot, just forget it. Such thing is not for you.

I guarantee such a thing is not for anyone. Think of it as a slot machine, you can take a break and come back later or do a little twirl for good luck and if you win, then you assume it's because of that. If you lose, then you take another break and do another little twirl until you win and then say it's because of that.. its probability. case closed!

hunter
01-10-2012, 12:25 AM
sure, it's absolutely random. People should not follow this instruction.

It will make my attack/rob easier if people don't have many M4A1s.

fatacad
01-10-2012, 12:28 AM
I assume you are a "believer" then. great, faith does do wonders no doubt about it

hunter
01-10-2012, 12:33 AM
because I got 500 M4A1s, people even believe I'm the writer of this instruction. I don't really care about that. more people get 500 M4A1s cause me trouble in attack/rob them, it's better if less people have such things.

One more thing I notice that the Funzio may change the M4A1 drop rate, it's harder for people to get 500, the purpose is to keep them with the game, if they achieve that quest too soon, like me & a few people, they may leave the game sooner.

fatacad
01-10-2012, 12:45 AM
so may i ask what level you started farming and what level you reached your 500 max? I disagree that Funzio will change the drop rate, they CAN'T. If they did, it would make it even more unfair for the other players. If they changed the drop rate then it would make it nearly impossible for other players to catch up to the tens of thousands of people who farmed it with the "superior" drop rate. Therefore, i doubt that funzio would alter the game in such a way knowing that they would just make the rich richer and the poor poorer. Unless they want the poor to buy more.. sounds a little familiar. Hmmm.. Funzio care to comment?

hunter
01-10-2012, 12:52 AM
I started farming since it was public to every one when I was about level 80, such looting places were secret to 99% of players. don't remember exactly when got 500, level 129 I presume.

The rumors were before it was public, people got 10-20/day, Funzio did not change or did change, I don't know. Too many things people don't know about the game & Funzio never officially public anything but the 500 cap.

Update: You make me laugh about the fairness. "Life is unfair!", always remember that, life is always unfair, never ask for the fairness. No one work for free, so do Funzio developers. They don't need you, they need people who pay. Fairness with no money ? forget it.

fatacad
01-10-2012, 01:07 AM
Yes ok perfect. So let's do a little math... i started farming when i was about level 95 and now I'm level 116 with about 240 m4a1's, and doing it randomly throughout the day using all my energy and not doing any gimmicks like time/log offs. Based on your data, it took you 50 levels to get 500 of em. Based on my data.. not using the log-off and come back later trick.. it took me 20 levels to get 240 of them. that means, based on the probability of my previous ratio, i should have 480 m4a1's in another 20 levels, which would be 136. That is even LESS than the probability your strategy was using your method. Statistically speaking, your strategy vs. just using all your energy at once at any time in the day = 0% statistically significant! meaning its all the same!!! and just to clarify things, i have 1300 energy max, and it all recovers the same amount during the day so that shouldn't be enough to make my stats vs. yours statistically significant. case closed!

hunter
01-10-2012, 01:11 AM
you got me wrong! I told you I don't care about this instruction & I don't want you & others get 500 M4A1s. Is that clear ?

The less you get , more advantages for me. If you want to be stronger, pay.

fatacad
01-10-2012, 01:18 AM
haha it's hard for me to detect sarcasm as I can see you're not a native english speaker but with all respect, what can you say about my m4a1 drop statistics compared to yours?

hunter
01-10-2012, 01:25 AM
To be honest, I'm in 1% (or 0.1%) of the game players who can get 500 M4A1s at this time.

At the time you got 500 M4A1s, at least 10% of players have 500 M4a1.

I don't care about your drop rate or your poor stats, just care about when I could rob you, hope you have a good hood to rob.

fatacad
01-10-2012, 01:34 AM
ok.. well i should have 500 m4a1s at level level 136 as i've said based on my drop rate calculations, but since im only planning on getting 400 im guessing about level 125.. 10 more levels, and i'll be done :) basically im talking to the people reading this who dont have all the m4s at lower levels.. dont waste your time with all these drop rate tricks! its all the same! as you can see in the long run with my discussion with Hunter, his average and my average drop rate based on levels are almost equal. just use all your energy farming at once and you'll be just as strong and even have time for a social life :P

hunter
01-10-2012, 01:37 AM
level up soon, I'm waiting.

Edit: to everyone, the above guy is right, only Khung got insanely drop rate 20-30/day. other people, like me, no hope for that. "don't try this at home".

fatacad
01-10-2012, 02:34 AM
To everyone, the above guy is right. Khung is either lying, confused, or really lucky. The average drop rate for m4a1's "on a good day" will be about 4-5. Whether you log off or not or do it at 4:30 or some other time, it will be the same. If you hit the jackpot, you might even get 10+ in a single day! thats really lucky though.. as the average is 5 and there is no way to get 20-30 m4a1s in a single day consistently. But by all means.. try it for yourselves. while you're testing it i'll be meeting some girls and screwing them. You can rob me later. haha cheers!

hunter
01-10-2012, 02:40 AM
@fatacad: now I notice 1 thing, you played this game since Aug 2011, when the game first released, still weaklings huh? lol :D, no wonder.

fatacad
01-10-2012, 02:51 AM
OMG! 5 months! you're right. well actually.. i was in Europe for 2 of those months so i had higher priorities. Your Romanian girls are beautiful, btw ;)

Tramp Stamp
01-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Think of it as a slot machine, you can take a break and come back later or do a little twirl for good luck and if you win, then you assume it's because of that. If you lose, then you take another break and do another little twirl until you win and then say it's because of that.. its probability. case closed!

I have a relative who has a sizable winning average on slot machines, to the tune of five figures. It's totally baffling. He's not hiding his losses, either, because he's a table game person and can tolerate slot machines for about ten minutes before becoming bored. If he played all day he'd lose an average of 3-18 percent per bet like everyone else.

hunter
01-10-2012, 10:51 PM
@fatacad is an idiot. such idiot who played the game in 5 month but still being ****d by new players. just ignore him.

fatacad
01-11-2012, 12:53 AM
I have a relative who has a sizable winning average on slot machines, to the tune of five figures. It's totally baffling. He's not hiding his losses, either, because he's a table game person and can tolerate slot machines for about ten minutes before becoming bored. If he played all day he'd lose an average of 3-18 percent per bet like everyone else.

Exactly, sometimes you get lucky. It's totally possible, though definitely not likely, that someone can win every single time they play a slot machine. with looting m4a1's its the same deal, it's a percentage and those who have taken a statistics course and know about chance will know that they will always yield hot and dry streaks.

fatacad
01-11-2012, 12:54 AM
@fatacad is an idiot. such idiot who played the game in 5 month but still being ****d by new players. just ignore him.

I have no idea what you're talking about. If i'm level 117, how can I be "****d" by new players?

SupremeFaze
01-19-2012, 06:40 PM
wow good thread cus i went against somebody with 100 of them and still beat em lol but i need them!!

nenene
02-08-2012, 09:36 PM
i guess i am the unlucky one or i just do it the wrong way.
i tried to note down the hour when i get nice drop (2:3) i log on the exact same time the next 2 days and it goes blank for 5 tries.
more like random ?? pure luck ?? what do i miss ... the most i ever got in one day was 7.
still trying ...

Bruiser
02-08-2012, 09:37 PM
[QUOTE=nenene;112546 what do i miss ... the most i ever got in one day was 7.
still trying ...[/QUOTE]

7 in a day is excellent, 3-4 is average

nenene
02-09-2012, 08:54 AM
the main topic suggested 11.
well now i get 3 at most.
since update ?

Tramp Stamp
02-09-2012, 10:12 AM
For what it's worth, I've tried khung's method along with other (voodoo) suggestions commonly mentioned on the forum and have never observed results outside the mean. In my opinion, this game's RNG is well behaved and cannot be exploited, at least not by non-mechanical means.

Max Power
02-09-2012, 11:15 AM
For what it's worth, I've tried khung's method along with other (voodoo) suggestions commonly mentioned on the forum and have never observed results outside the mean. In my opinion, this game's RNG is well behaved and cannot be exploited, at least not by non-mechanical means.

Agree wholeheartedly, although I did learn that we as a species have not changed our thinking from the days of worshiping sun gods and human sacrifices, albeit on a slightly lesser scale.

whocareswhatmynameis
02-09-2012, 11:17 AM
Agree wholeheartedly, although I did learn that we as a species have not changed our thinking from the days of worshiping sun gods and human sacrifices, albeit on a slightly lesser scale.

+1; don't know how khung did it, but clearly it didn't work for me. *magic*

deuces
02-09-2012, 12:47 PM
+1; don't know how khung did it, but clearly it didn't work for me. *magic*

.....gold?

i need muney
02-09-2012, 08:53 PM
I work in a video games company as a tester. From my experience, I highly doubt that any developer would apply such a complex algorithm to drops in a game like this. Data clearly says it's a fixed X.XX number. I did plain random and got 26 in the last two days.

i need muney
02-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Just got 7 out of 1530 energy in one go

J-Rizzi
03-03-2012, 07:26 AM
So the plan is just to go to the map, go to the Boardwalk and attack anything? I'm at level 55 and my goals haven't taken me to that AREA yet. I need some major cash to buy weapons to do some of those jobs, which is why I want to make sure this is what you recommend before I buy. I assume just pick one building that costs me the least to attack and then attack that one all day long? Thanks.
How do I start ?
- Ok, let me show you this, 82 M4A1s (http://8202.1.img98.net/out.php/i158333_82.jpg), those M4A1s are from one of my account, Agent class, max energy 2000 (exactly 2000).
This account loot M4A1s at Boardwalk, and I just tap, tap, tap, tap, to burn all energy at once, like looting M4A1 is wasting of my time, in the end, I got 82 M4A1s in about 2 weeks or more, not bad if you ask me.
How about you ? do you loot M4A1 like that ?

For my main account:
* Dec 17 (388 (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/878d9))
* Dec 18 (400 (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/83d16))
* Dec 19 (420 (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/0ec00))
* Dec 20 (452 (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/be547))
* Dec 21 (481 (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/c5c6d))

I'm Agent, my max energy is 1330 (exact number).
Looting place is also at Boardwalk (http://www.freeimagehosting.net/d1749). - everything normal :D. (if someone tell it's abnormal, look at the picture clearly & prove it)

- Looting M4A1s like that is a time consuming process. I tell you how I do it & you can try, I can't guarantee you can get 20 - 30 M4A1/day. It still depend on your luck & experience.

- At Boardwalk place at this time (Funzio may change it later), normally the chance for M4A1 is about 1:8 (1 M4A1 per 8 loots) to 1:20 but still there are a chance for 1:1, 1:2 or 1:3.

- What I need to do is catching the right timing, loot M4A1 at the best dropping rate instead of the worst dropping rate.

- There are some hours in a day that the dropping rate is like 1:20, I note down & avoid those hours.

- My time consuming looting process is below.

Santa
03-03-2012, 07:43 AM
So the plan is just to go to the map, go to the Boardwalk and attack anything? I'm at level 55 and my goals haven't taken me to that AREA yet. I need some major cash to buy weapons to do some of those jobs, which is why I want to make sure this is what you recommend before I buy. I assume just pick one building that costs me the least to attack and then attack that one all day long? Thanks.

Not just any building at Boardwalk. Only the shooting game booth has a possible M4A1 drop.

J-Rizzi
03-03-2012, 08:35 AM
Wow, Santa. It's a good thing I asked! I guess I need to save up $141,200 for some Hatchback's and Mace. You saved me hours of disappointment.
Not just any building at Boardwalk. Only the shooting game booth has a possible M4A1 drop.

Santa
03-03-2012, 08:56 AM
Wow, Santa. It's a good thing I asked! I guess I need to save up $141,200 for some Hatchback's and Mace. You saved me hours of disappointment.

No problem. Always ask questions if you're unsure about something, no matter how stupid you may think it is.

downrange
03-03-2012, 01:04 PM

And Rizzi, if you read the quote you included in your post, the plan is not to attack that shooting booth indiscriminately. Khung's method is described. Lots of players have dismissed it as baloney, but there are at least some who do not. You get to choose for yourself.

reidos
03-03-2012, 01:23 PM
I just dumped 2000 energy into boardwalk ang got 7 or 8, better note this time of day for future reference :P

k0de
03-03-2012, 01:42 PM
I move that the link to this thread be removed from the "Best of the Best" Guides. Nobody has been able to reproduce the results claimed here and thus, it must be said that either; a)this approach is no more effective than any other type of oogedy-boogedy voodoo magic, or (less likely IMO); b)this method can produce the results described, however, the process for correct execution varies from that outlined above, i.e. crucial information has been omitted from the instructions, compromising the effectiveness of the strategy.

Either way, I'm sure nobody here will deny the fact that, for whatever reason, it simply does not work. I feel it is misleading to have this appear along with the other guides which have been written based on either data from the game itself or are at the very least opinions upon which there is a consensus amongst experienced players regarding the wisdom and effectiveness of the information contained within.

Anyhow, I would also like to say that khung003, if you happen to be still lurking here and you read this, I just want you to know... you're a douchebag. That said, it is not my motivation for suggesting the removal of your... special technique... from the Best of the Best Guides. I only do so in the interests of other players who may otherwise be mislead. Finally, I just want you to know that your ass was never intended to be worn as a hat and that it may prove beneficial for you to cease doing so, if that is at all possible.:D

Santa
03-03-2012, 02:09 PM
I move that the link to this thread be removed from the "Best of the Best" Guides. Nobody has been able to reproduce the results claimed here and thus, it must be said that either; a)this approach is no more effective than any other type of oogedy-boogedy voodoo magic, or (less likely IMO); b)this method can produce the results described, however, the process for correct execution varies from that outlined above, i.e. crucial information has been omitted from the instructions, compromising the effectiveness of the strategy.

Either way, I'm sure nobody here will deny the fact that, for whatever reason, it simply does not work. I feel it is misleading to have this appear along with the other guides which have been written based on either data from the game itself or are at the very least opinions upon which there is a consensus amongst experienced players regarding the wisdom and effectiveness of the information contained within.

Anyhow, I would also like to say that khung003, if you happen to be still lurking here and you read this, I just want you to know... you're a douchebag. That said, it is not my motivation for suggesting the removal of your... special technique... from the Best of the Best Guides. I only do so in the interests of other players who may otherwise be mislead. Finally, I just want you to know that your ass was never intended to be worn as a hat and that it may prove beneficial for you to cease doing so, if that is at all possible.:D

+1

I'm pretty sure everyone is overthinking the whole M4 looting situation. From what I've seen, the drop rate is still the same at all times in the day. Sure, maybe you got 3 in a row. Good for you, today was your lucky day. It's just random chance people...If you don't like it, go find another game to play.

Tramp Stamp
03-03-2012, 03:35 PM
The problem is that hardly anybody understands statistics and probability. Even if you show them hard data they prefer to be guided on intuition, which leads to voodoo.

i need muney
03-03-2012, 03:47 PM
if you show them hard data they prefer to be guided on intuition
Show them.....your.....hard...... data?

Ghost818
03-04-2012, 05:16 AM
The problem is that hardly anybody understands statistics and probability. Even if you show them hard data they prefer to be guided on intuition, which leads to voodoo.
Including the fact that some people still face north while sitting on their chairs in hopes of getting more drops from nadya.

Swifty
03-04-2012, 05:21 AM
It is a demon-haunted world.

Ramshutu
03-04-2012, 05:50 AM
I remember a Derren Brown experiment where 5 people were put in a room with lots of equipment, with a big electronic scoreboard on the wall. They were told if they get the scoreboard up to 500 they won a prize, but we're not told how.

So they spent the next hour playing around with stuff, as the score went up and came up with a number of theories about what scored points and what didn't.

What they were not told, was that in the back room, Their score was being increased every time a fish swam from one side of a bowl to the other.

The moral of the story is that even when things are completly random, people will always look for patterns!

Swifty
03-04-2012, 05:53 AM
That is an interesting experiment.

I never read that before.

CounterSniper
03-04-2012, 06:03 AM
I remember a Derren Brown experiment where 5 people were put in a room with lots of equipment, with a big electronic scoreboard on the wall. They were told if they get the scoreboard up to 500 they won a prize, but we're not told how.

So they spent the next hour playing around with stuff, as the score went up and came up with a number of theories about what scored points and what didn't.

What they were not told, was that in the back room, Their score was being increased every time a fish swam from one side of a bowl to the other.

The moral of the story is that even when things are completly random, people will always look for patterns!

Especially when they're put in a room and told to make the scoreboard go to 500 but not told how.

CounterSniper
03-04-2012, 06:03 AM

Especially when they're put in a room and told to make the scoreboard go to 500 but not told how.

qwikster
03-04-2012, 06:06 AM

unfortunately, reliance on one's intuition/"gut feeling" in spite of overwhelming evidence is not unique to this forum or CC. look at our politics today.

J-Rizzi
03-04-2012, 07:33 AM
Downrange and Santa...and all others...I graciously appreciate your help. My energy only allows about 5 hits straight before I run out. I got my first M4A1 on my 9th try. 2nd on my 12th try, that was in the late afternoon yesterday. Played until 1AM, looting once every time I crept back up to 135 stamina. Woke up this morning, used all 5 hits, got nothing. On my 6th hit I got another gun. In total, I have 6 M4A1 guns since I started this, and I truly feel that 1 out of 8 tries is a fair assessment, and my gut is that time of day, doing it in succession, etc., plays no role. And getting $1500-$3500 per loot is also well worth my time. I will get back the money I spent on hatchbacks and mace in no time. Hope this gives everyone a positive perspective on this strategy as I will be recommending it to my friends. My only dilemma right now is when to stop farming for this thing, because now I'm addicted to it!!
And Rizzi, if you read the quote you included in your post, the plan is not to attack that shooting booth indiscriminately. Khung's method is described. Lots of players have dismissed it as baloney, but there are at least some who do not. You get to choose for yourself.

Alice
03-04-2012, 12:04 PM
started looting 6 days ago and now have 73 M4A1, this voodoo does work great. The NO GREEDY is the point. Basically spent all energy at once gives almost nothing, if M4A1 doesn't drop in the first 3 tries, it doesn't drop in the next 10 tries. The key point is how to hold up trying after 3, while you still got 1000+ energy to spent. For several times I couldn't hold up and just wasted my energy, and for every level up, M4A1 usually doesn't drop.

Xira
03-04-2012, 12:31 PM
It's all b.s., I started playing the game about 3 weeks ago, started farming M4's about 10 days ago and I have 250 M4's gained mainly in massive energy dumps (1700 energy now). I have seen 6 drop for me in 1 dump, just as I have seen 0 drop. Even further to counter the ideas here, for a stretch I actually spent some gold, refilling and just spam farming over and over. I had great success doing this and there was no taking breaks or leaving maps. It's pure random mechanics.

Technically I am also with guys like Tramp in here. I am CTO of a software company, and would find it highly unlikely that they would go to the trouble of custom building "special" chance algorithms which are extremely complex to get right. My guess is they are using standard framework/chance formula, which Is easily supported by the fact that many people here have got varried results during there play time which is to be expected.

Just blow your energy when you have it IMO.

Swifty
03-04-2012, 05:41 PM
+1 Xira

I have had very streaky and mixed results that convince me that it is just random chance (not counting my joking around about karma), although some of the statistical results fall outside binomial distribution norms.

I have had good and bad streaks by dumping an entire energy bar at once, and I have had good and bad streaks by selectively doing a few tries at a time.

Wildfire
03-07-2012, 07:51 AM
This is all nowhere near complicated enough, the drop rate in BW depends on where Jojo the Clown and Sasha the Fortune Teller are on the map. It's obviously best to have Sasha in the North East corner heading South West and Jojo at the South end of the map heading North East to meet her!;)

Nudie
03-07-2012, 03:03 PM
This is all nowhere near complicated enough, the drop rate in BW depends on where Jojo the Clown and Sasha the Fortune Teller are on the map. It's obviously best to have Sasha in the North East corner heading South West and Jojo at the South end of the map heading North East to meet her!;)

I can vouch for the validity of this.^^^

J-Rizzi
03-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Alice, what level did you start trying to loot these? I started at level 55, got 6 drops in the first 18 hours. At a rate of 5-6 a day at the beginning, I should be between 50-60 by now since it's 10 days later, but I've noticed the drop rate has slowed to 2-3 day for the past few days and I have totaled 42. I have basically looted all day long and am now at level 66 because of the 43 experience points per hit. I was wondering if the more you level up, the smaller the drop rate? I can' t afford to keep jumping one level per day. OK, MIDTYPING UPDATE!!! I have been looting all day for the past 4.5 hours and I finally got my first drop of the day this minute -- my first ever Rusty M4 A1: 7 attack, 11 defense? Where did this come from? It was one thing to loot for the 20,22 M4A1, but not this. Did this happen to anyone else?
started looting 6 days ago and now have 73 M4A1, this voodoo does work great. The NO GREEDY is the point. Basically spent all energy at once gives almost nothing, if M4A1 doesn't drop in the first 3 tries, it doesn't drop in the next 10 tries. The key point is how to hold up trying after 3, while you still got 1000+ energy to spent. For several times I couldn't hold up and just wasted my energy, and for every level up, M4A1 usually doesn't drop.

CounterSniper
03-13-2012, 08:40 AM
Alice, what level did you start trying to loot these? I started at level 55, got 6 drops in the first 18 hours. At a rate of 5-6 a day at the beginning, I should be between 50-60 by now since it's 10 days later, but I've noticed the drop rate has slowed to 2-3 day for the past few days and I have totaled 42. I have basically looted all day long and am now at level 66 because of the 43 experience points per hit. I was wondering if the more you level up, the smaller the drop rate? I can' t afford to keep jumping one level per day. OK, MIDTYPING UPDATE!!! I have been looting all day for the past 4.5 hours and I finally got my first drop of the day this minute -- my first ever Rusty M4 A1: 7 attack, 11 defense? Where did this come from? It was one thing to loot for the 20,22 M4A1, but not this. Did this happen to anyone else?

Your'e kidding right.

There are 4 or 5 threads regarding the nerfing of m4's. They are gone.

Swifty
03-13-2012, 08:46 AM
Too bad Khung was not here to see this.

J-Rizzi
03-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Kidding about which part? Of the 17 pages on this thread, I did not see the words "Rusty M4 A1". This is the first one I have ever picked up during my 10 days of farming. All I've seen was M4A1.
Your'e kidding right.

There are 4 or 5 threads regarding the nerfing of m4's. They are gone.

Swifty
03-13-2012, 11:22 AM
It was a new development today.

erik
03-13-2012, 11:54 AM
I bet Khung would loot them with some special WD-40 move none of us could duplicate.

Swifty
03-13-2012, 12:30 PM
That is what separated Khung from many other people.

He would find a way.

Ohaithere
03-13-2012, 12:37 PM
So this morning I realised I was getting rusty m4s from bw, and I assume any other location. I just saw swifty posting on khungs old thread saying the difference between him and us was he would find a way, I assume as a joke.

Anyways, I use hd and non hd on my iPad, i just went on my non hd andi don't have the new crates, I just tried attacking bw... First hit I got... A brand new m4 old stats, I now have 455. So unless it was a one off I and hopefully others can still farm them, I'm done pretty much though. Just though I would share.

Dillinja
03-13-2012, 12:42 PM
So this morning I realised I was getting rusty m4s from bw, and I assume any other location. I just saw swifty posting on khungs old thread saying the difference between him and us was he would find a way, I assume as a joke.

Anyways, I use hd and non hd on my iPad, i just went on my non hd andi don't have the new crates, I just tried attacking bw... First hit I got... A brand new m4 old stats, I now have 455. So unless it was a one off I and hopefully others can still farm them, I'm done pretty much though. Just though I would share.

Cheat cheat cheat....Someone call the ban police.

Ohaithere
03-13-2012, 12:44 PM
In what way is it a cheat? I'm dont need to farm them I only gain like 4/4 or something wheni get one

Santa
03-13-2012, 01:36 PM
Too bad Khung was not here to see this.

At least Tramp Stamp got to leave before *this* happened.

Watoosy
06-23-2012, 05:53 AM
Are these still available in the game?

Boom
06-23-2012, 06:02 AM
Nopeeeeee Funzio nerfed them please and I really mean please tell us how u feel?

G Wiz
06-23-2012, 06:04 AM
Sorry bud, they are gone!

R.I.P

dudeman
06-23-2012, 06:52 AM
Are these still available in the game?

Nopeeeeee Funzio nerfed them please and I really mean please tell us how u feel?

Sorry bud, they are gone!

R.I.P

You know how I have often been known to say the game is broken? Well, *against forum rules to elaborate*.

Bala82
06-23-2012, 08:07 AM
It would be nice if they made that an event item

Boom
06-23-2012, 09:00 AM
No it wouldn't. The gun for 3 d cards is like 35/35 m4s r 20/22

Boom
06-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Unless u mean like the hammers and enhanced bikes and stuff

enahs1
06-23-2012, 09:05 AM
You know how I have often been known to say the game is broken? Well, *against forum rules to elaborate*.
Doesn't work anymore :(

madawgg
06-23-2012, 09:05 AM
geeez super necro post...

dudeman
06-23-2012, 09:11 AM
Doesn't work anymore :(

Ok, well still broken anyways. :p

Not as broken as my iPad though. At least I can still take screen caps though, so I can still see what my energy bar looks like, I just can't see it live. Cap, exit, view, delete, reopen CC. It's a chore.

7rs60
06-23-2012, 09:13 AM
Funzio should give all newer players 500 M4A1s to make things fair.

G Wiz
06-23-2012, 09:31 AM
Or like someone said, make the m4a1 a loot drop in whatever it is we are opening in an event.

But I would much rather get an enhanced bike...

Eyelusion
06-23-2012, 10:08 AM
But I would much rather get an enhanced bike...

:mad::mad::mad:

Dillinja
06-23-2012, 11:09 AM
woaaah...who the f*ck dug this dinosaur up.
Those where the good old days...I miss Hatter the M41 ho

joaquim
06-23-2012, 11:23 AM
R.I.P

Return If Possible

Bala82
06-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Some newbie who want to know if this was still available but i agree this would good event loot item i have too many DP Guns this would certainly make things more interesting.

Nudie
06-23-2012, 02:13 PM
I treasure my M4A1 collection. Every piece was won with difficulty and patience. The good old days. :o

Lloyd~
06-24-2012, 11:06 PM
I treasure my M4A1 collection. Every piece was won with difficulty and patience. The good old days. :o

yeah indeed good old days.. I hit 494 then suddenly one morning i woke up to Rusty 1s. I think lady luck must have been smiling on me all the way before that.

JuSt.SiCk
06-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Too sad, i downgraded my CC to an older version and tried to farm the M4 but i just got the rusty ones.. I wish i would have played CC when the normal m4 dropped. t.t

mnju_03
06-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Just buy 500 crates.

Spartacus
06-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Just buy 500 crates.

Easy for you to say Mr. Endless Wallet.

chrisproof23
08-15-2012, 02:38 PM
I've been doing the job in boardwalk the is supposed to look the m4a1, but instead of getting the one people talk about. I get the rusty one. I'm fairly new to the game. Could anyone tell me what I could do? Thanks!

Paulio
08-15-2012, 02:40 PM
I've been doing the job in boardwalk the is supposed to look the m4a1, but instead of getting the one people talk about. I get the rusty one. I'm fairly new to the game. Could anyone tell me what I could do? Thanks!

LOL! But if you're serious, they got rid of the m4a1 due to game imbalance. They replaced it with the rusty one. You can't get the original anymore.

chrisproof23
08-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Unfortunately I was serious. lol. But thanks for the heads up.

Paulio
08-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Sorry about that, it's just that it happened a long time ago and a lot of people ask the same question. I don't mean to discourage you.

in-game j
08-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Unfortunately I was serious. lol. But thanks for the heads up.

Hi Chrisproof23 - welcome to the game!

If you want to maximize your stats, I recommend doing only robberies (laundromats levels 4-7 and lofts any level) until you get to a higher level. Only use your respect points on the most powerful respect items.

Save your pvp quests till after level 100. After you are level 135, I recommend you start farming nonconsumable explosives.

Before level 135 - doing the regular missions are not worth it. You will level up too fast and get pummeled at later levels. (unless you spend gold)

Good luck!

SiennaSharpe
08-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Hi Chrisproof23 - welcome to the game!

If you want to maximize your stats, I recommend doing only robberies (laundromats levels 4-7 and lofts any level) until you get to a higher level. Only use your respect points on the most powerful respect items.

Save your pvp quests till after level 100. After you are level 135, I recommend you start farming nonconsumable explosives.

Before level 135 - doing the regular missions are not worth it. You will level up too fast and get pummeled at later levels. (unless you spend gold)

Good luck!

What is the deal with level 4-7 laundries. Someone I know in real life told me the same thing, but I don't get why. Thanks.

mxz
08-15-2012, 07:24 PM
What is the deal with level 4-7 laundries. Someone I know in real life told me the same thing, but I don't get why. Thanks.Low XP gain, I believe. Keeps you from leveling up.

murf
08-15-2012, 09:53 PM
What is the deal with level 4-7 laundries. Someone I know in real life told me the same thing, but I don't get why. Thanks.

You get a 2-1 ratio of rp/xp. A few buildings get better ratios, but are harder to find...Lofts and Collection Agencies come to mind. This way you maximize RP / level. This strategy is called crawling, because it takes a long time to level up. It's not for everyone.

(CCK) Cam
03-27-2013, 03:22 PM
I keep trying the place on boardwalk. I don't get it after 30 times. I also saw a post on someone's wall that says you can't get these anymore. Is that true?

jobadass
03-27-2013, 03:29 PM
I keep trying the place on boardwalk. I don't get it after 30 times. I also saw a post on someone's wall that says you can't get these anymore. Is that true?still works for me

Swedevil
03-27-2013, 04:00 PM
still works for me

when I asked, I was told that they weren't available anymore...and something about rusty m4s or something

Babytway
03-27-2013, 04:18 PM
send in a ticket they will refund your energy

CJ54
03-27-2013, 10:45 PM
M4A1s have been unavailable in the game for about a year. Please don't necro ancient threads.