PDA

View Full Version : low mortality rate ground units?

XxZoneKillaxX
12-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Hi, this is my first post and I would gladly appreciate anyone's help. I've been building up my robotics facility and it is currently at level 3, but the units do not have low mortality rates. Are their any advanced ground units with low mortality rates? Thank you for your time.

osubuckeye
12-21-2011, 10:43 AM
I've been wondering the same thing about all units.

So far the only very low i've seen are the patrol boat (2/2) is useless... the transport (1/8) VERY USEFUL... the frigate (5/8) a bit expensive but useful.

I'm wondering if there are any higher level units that are very low/low?? I have a drydock and can tell you the attack boat is medium.

Joe Brown1
12-21-2011, 07:17 PM
The Cruiser (12/16) is very low

osubuckeye
12-23-2011, 06:40 AM
yup, I just upgraded my shipyard to level 4 and can see the cruiser is very low...

it's also $225,000

I can't imagine what I'd do if I lost one to a puny defender

Agent Orange
12-23-2011, 06:42 AM
Get used to it, the info about casualty rates is not accurate.

eb0nyknight
12-23-2011, 07:08 AM
I'm not so sure. Most of the units I lose are infantry with occasionally medium loss units like A-10s or some valor units.

What's your basis for saying it's inaccurate?

Agent Orange
12-23-2011, 07:36 AM
The fact that I can loose a Super Hornet, Stealth Frigate, Eagle Fighter Jet etc when I attack and win against players at much lower attack and defense values than I am at. I've lost Super Hornets to players with 1/4 - 1/5 my stats while trying to complete goals for valor. In fact one thing I notice is just before I reach the goal I will loose a high value valor unit which almost makes doing the goal pointless.

Plus I always have plenty of meat shields to protect my more valuable units. I noticed the change about a week ago, it's probable that you are at a much lower level and therefore it might not be quite as obvious to you yet.

eb0nyknight
12-23-2011, 07:43 AM
a lot of you guys keep saying the same thing. I paid x hundreds of valor for this unit and I lost it to a guy with X, inferior defense.

What i keep asking is how often does that happen? Very low/low mortality doesn't mean invincible. how many of these high value units are you losing a day (that's the way some of you are making it sound)?

Don't get me wrong, I lose high value units that piss me off, but it doesn't happen every single pvp. Mostly it's lower end units.

Agent Orange
12-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Ok what level are you at? If you aren't really noticing this you could be at too low a level.

This used to happen very often, multiple times a day when I was hunting a lot for valor. Now that this is no longer a lucrative process I rarely attack anyone because it is not profitable. I did last night just to retest my theories and they still hold true.

Now a few things have happened recently which kicked off with the change in value for the Stealth Frigate, see my old post about changes to this unit in the forum. It went from it's current attack and defense values to about half. This because it was too powerful for it's cost which was originally 175 valor.

My gut feeling is that this happened because some of us figured out that it was a good way to beef up our attack forces without having to buy any units. Plus back then the rewards for completeing goals for valor were a lot higher and more frequent. So the devs did two things, killed the value of the SF and also rejigged the game so that those of us who had lots of them lost them in attacks. At that point I had 200 SF and in the first couple of days lost over 50 in fights that I had tactical superiority. At that point the devs let you cash out your SFs for valor so you could buy something else like the Super Hornets. I didn't know I could have done this so I kept mine.

Anyhow about a week later maybe less we suddenly notice the attack and defense value of the SF double going back to it's original setting but still at the lower cost. I bought a couple out of curiosity but these continued to have poor resistance in attacks. Then a day later the cost suddenly jumps up to 275 valor, which technically is what it should have been in the first place. But at that point onwards I have noticed that we can now easily loose some of these high value units.

Why? Probably because it means you have to buy units to be competative so those that buy stuff are rewarded and those who don't aren't. That's fine by the way because someone has to pay the frieght but this constant rejigging in a strategy based game really sucks.

I even have a pet theory about all the crashing, it may actually be a feature of the game to prevent more powerful players from continuosly attacking a weaker player. Not only does the game crap out but the opponent typically gets erased from our rival list so you can't easily go back and find them. It is most prevalent when you do a second attack on a rival.

eb0nyknight
12-23-2011, 08:44 AM
I give up. I keep asking for numbers and I keep getting vague explanations.

You say a couple of times a day. Depending on how many attacks you do (I can go through 50 a day), "multiple" times isn't that many compared to how many low level units you probably lost in relation.

Well, I don't know what happened (though there WAS a change), I just think there is a lot of exaggeration here. It's not some 20X level threshold and there isn't any threshold I can find that ramps up these casualties.

Sure there are high value unit losses, and there seems to be no correlation as to what or why it's happening, but low/very low, doesn't mean invincible in my book. Maybe I have a higher tolerance? But if you lose 5 or 10 high value units out of 50 attacks, that's only 10-20%. That's a low percentage, to me.

Some people find this to be annoying. It doesn't really bother me. It allows me to attack more and let the people worried about losing that battle tank or whatever sit and take it. In fact, I think it's kind of funny hearing people complain about losing units, in a WAR game. :shrug:

Again, to each their own.

osubuckeye
12-23-2011, 08:48 AM
i've been using what I believe to be propper fodder (30-40% of my attack force is high infantry). I probably lose 1 combat boat every 30-45 attacks.

Meaning I just about break even in terms of valor. But gain valor by doing the pvp challenges, which allows me to increase the number of boats, and therefore the chance of losing them :(

If I was doing the same thing with a "low" unit of valor over 150, then this would not at all be worth it. I'd never make up my losses.

Maybe I need more fodder?

Agent Orange
12-23-2011, 08:58 AM
Well it was some thing we've noticed, several times a day might mean fairly often considering you have a limit to the number of times you can attack.

And speaking of not answering questions, what level are you on as this seems to be a factor.

Plus tell the guy who just attacked me why he lost his second attack even though his attack score is 2000 higher than my defense score. Can't see what he lost.

Agent Orange
12-23-2011, 09:02 AM
I give up. I keep asking for numbers and I keep getting vague explanations.

You say a couple of times a day. Depending on how many attacks you do (I can go through 50 a day), "multiple" times isn't that many compared to how many low level units you probably lost in relation.

Well, I don't know what happened (though there WAS a change), I just think there is a lot of exaggeration here. It's not some 20X level threshold and there isn't any threshold I can find that ramps up these casualties.

Sure there are high value unit losses, and there seems to be no correlation as to what or why it's happening, but low/very low, doesn't mean invincible in my book. Maybe I have a higher tolerance? But if you lose 5 or 10 high value units out of 50 attacks, that's only 10-20%. That's a low percentage, to me.

Some people find this to be annoying. It doesn't really bother me. It allows me to attack more and let the people worried about losing that battle tank or whatever sit and take it. In fact, I think it's kind of funny hearing people complain about losing units, in a WAR game. :shrug:

Again, to each their own.

Yeah and I keep asking what level you are at.

ronpaul
12-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Sea units have the least mortality rates.

Agent Orange
12-24-2011, 03:58 AM
Sea units have the least mortality rates.

Unless they are Stealth Frigates.... Plus my home country is the UK. Something is badly tweeked in the game, still loosing multiple units including high value ones when attacking rivals at least 1/2 my strength.