PDA

View Full Version : Should I boycott the gold sale?

Ram
12-19-2011, 05:24 PM
With everything happening in the last few days. people can't access the game, game error data, funzio not giving proper explanations, defense building being ****ty...

What do you guys think?

Dorian Gray
12-19-2011, 08:18 PM
I guess that's a personal decision for you. I just don't think Funzio will take notice either way. You are just one person. I guess the real question is "do you want to support a game company that you're not happy with?" If you do buy gold I wouldn't feel too guilty about it, lol. It's not like the money you'll spend is going to 'make' them or break them. In the end, I think if buying some stuff with gold bars is going to make the game more enjoyable for you, go for it. We may get frustrated about a lot of stuff, but speaking for myself, I still really enjoy the game as a whole. So I'll probably spend a little cash come christmas, despite my woes in certain areas.

Fig Oni
12-20-2011, 04:38 AM
I just think the value for money of gold is not worth buying but i realized that after i brought over a couple of thousands bars of gold as now Ive realized some of the none gold building will pay out more money after a few upgrades then upgrading a gold building once and spending $2.5mill will earn you an extra $2000 per hour where as i spend $2.5mill to upgrade my movie theater i earn extra $3875 per hour. Now you must ask why the hell did I buy that gold building so i conclude that funzio have done well of tricking us to believe gold is very important part of the game so we get conned to buy them lol

Euchred
12-20-2011, 04:45 AM
Gold buildings do have their place but anything up to anchor imports and arguably anchor imports is considered not a cost effective use of your gold. Buying the high level gold buildings when they come up gives your economy a healthy boost.

bredo2
12-20-2011, 05:03 AM
what sale? still ordinary prices for me.

Fig Oni
12-20-2011, 05:27 AM
@euchred the anchor import a better gold buy then a church, Why? let me tell you.

I own 2 churches 180 gold x 2 = 360
I dont own any anchor import but if did 225 x 2 = 450

that equals 90 gold cheaper is the church but the anchor has much larger footprint and you earn in 24 hour from the church, same as the anchor gives in 48 hours so you still don't see no reason to buy the anchor so that when it becomes interesting if i was to save 2.5mill to upgrade the church to lvl 2 i earn now $96k per 24 hours
If i spend that same 2.5mill plus add an extra $175k i can upgrade to lvl 3 and earn $84k per 24 hour but now i only collect once in 2 days so i dont see why you call anchor import not cost effective. Please can you explain why you believe it not cost efective

Durantular
12-20-2011, 06:05 AM
@euchred the anchor import a better gold buy then a church, Why? let me tell you.

I own 2 churches 180 gold x 2 = 360
I dont own any anchor import but if did 225 x 2 = 450

that equals 90 gold cheaper is the church but the anchor has much larger footprint and you earn in 24 hour from the church, same as the anchor gives in 48 hours so you still don't see no reason to buy the anchor so that when it becomes interesting if i was to save 2.5mill to upgrade the church to lvl 2 i earn now $96k per 24 hours
If i spend that same 2.5mill plus add an extra $175k i can upgrade to lvl 3 and earn $84k per 24 hour but now i only collect once in 2 days so i dont see why you call anchor import not cost effective. Please can you explain why you believe it not cost efective

http://cdn.styleforum.net/f/fa/fa79d5e6_****-just-got-real.jpeg

Euchred
12-20-2011, 01:19 PM
@ fig Oni I'm saying the church is a better buy than anchor imports. I was specifying any gold building that you unlock after anchor imports is worth it. But arguably not Anchor imports because other non gold buildings are just as good.

I've done my homework as well I own 2 churches 2 zues theatres and two rock cafes

Brent
12-20-2011, 02:19 PM
What gold sale do you mean exactly?

Joeycool
12-20-2011, 02:22 PM
I think Ram is assuming there will be a Christmas gold sale. I dont think there is a sale currently.

But I think it is safe to assume Funzio will have some kind of sale soon.

Tramp Stamp
12-20-2011, 10:02 PM
Gold buildings do have their place but anything up to anchor imports and arguably anchor imports is considered not a cost effective use of your gold..

Exceptions:

Ice Cream Shop
Smoke Shop
Chicken & Waffles

Basketball Court is arguable but only from a pure output standpoint. It loses on footprint ($/hr/sq) and initial gold (vs Ice Cream Shop). Take "real life" value off the table and Empire Theater is ridiculous with $11,250/$12,375 per hour at level 10.

Ram
12-20-2011, 10:16 PM
Take "real life" value off the table and Empire Theater is ridiculous with $11,250/$12,375 per hour at level 10.

By ridiculous do you mean it's a good thing?

Tramp Stamp
12-20-2011, 10:44 PM
By ridiculous do you mean it's a good thing?

Yes. It's a Type A building with a high base payout. It's actually in 4th place behind Nightclub, Loft, and Movie Theater.

Ram
12-20-2011, 10:48 PM
Yes. It's a Type A building with a high base payout. It's actually in 4th place behind Nightclub, Loft, and Movie Theater.
Very Nice!

Is the Aldult Movie Theater a good building to have? It pays out each hour!