PDA

View Full Version : Valor Units, Valor farming?

ankyrin
12-19-2011, 09:44 AM
I was snooping around my ally list yesterday and found a level 64 ally who had quite the impressive inventory. His strategy seemed to be to load up on valor units which seemed to be quite effective (had 10K attack/13K defense). Anyhow he had something like 150 Stealth Frigates (275 valor each) and 80 Super Hornets (350 valor each).

Although I'm only at level 20 now, it seems to me that playing the game "naturally" wouldn't give you enough valor points to buy that many valor units. So this got me thinking:

Is there anyway to "farm" valor?

Are valor units available as drop/bonus items from doing missions? (I haven't been paying close attention until recently, so I'm not sure).

Can anyone in that level range (60ish) tell me how many XPs they have? I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to get that much valor "naturally."

It seems to me that the best way to get valor would be to do missions, but like many people here have discovered, doing missions means you level up and levelling up too quickly can be disasterous.

Side related question: Has anyone figured out how the game calculates your attack/defense if you have more than the maximum # of units? For example if you are at level 20 with 100 allies and you have more than 400 units. Does it take some kind of average? Your best 400 units? Your worst 400 units? Could your attack/defense actually go down? Although I'm not quite maxed out yet, I'm trying to prepare for what is to come.

Thanks.

Havster
12-19-2011, 10:54 AM
If attacking it will select your top attacking units and if you are defending it will pick your best defensive options. From the fights I've done even if you have well in excess of your current level limit you can still lose the units that weren't in the fight..... Making expendables even more valuable.

Speed ump
07-05-2014, 10:57 PM
As are your comments, so it balances out

Shinedown Gree
07-05-2014, 10:59 PM

Don't feed the trolls

honest Abe
07-05-2014, 11:05 PM
Something we can agree on.

Robespierre
07-05-2014, 11:33 PM
2.5 year old thread resurrected! Rise dead thread!!! RISE!!!!!!

Thorm V2
07-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Arise indeed!