PDA

View Full Version : One baffling phenomenon

zynshmily
12-19-2011, 04:25 AM
Just earlier today, i was lv49 with the attk/def of 6k+/8k+. i typically attacked persons with defense less than 1500. I barely lost any units. the mortality was like one low-end unit out of twenty battles.
Since i hardly lost units, the size of my troop was 1300+ by the time i reached lv50.(I know only 1000 units can be used in a battle.)
And then i got lv2 advanced airbase. I exchanged 30k+ valor for super hornet(350 ea.)
My attack and defense reached 10k and 11k. of course, i was happy about that. then weird thing happened.
with higher attack, instead of winning with less casualty, the mortality rate was significantly increased.
Say, when i attack someone with 1500attk/1500def, i basically lose one unit in every battle. And its not just low-end unit.
one funny experiment, i just attacked one person with 800 attack and 800 defense. i attacked him 8 times in a row. and, surprisingly, i lost 11 units!!!! included some 35k, 45k units. (this wouldn't have happened when i was weaker with 6K attack)WTF. now im frustrated...
In short, i became stronger by 2000 attack and now its even easier for me to lost units? and if its just the death of some ranger, sniper and light gunners, i would hold my peace. however, im losing global hawk drone(75k) when attack someone 1/10 of my strength. its insanely ridiculous...c'mon i dont lost units when i was weaker...
anyone cares to straighten it out for me? or the system is just really messed up...

Troy125
12-19-2011, 04:36 AM
Theres a chance of losing any RANDOM unit in every battle and it has nothing to do with your stats or hardly with casualty.
So for the moment just pvp when its worth it like doing pvp goal or atk/rob big money

zynshmily
12-19-2011, 04:36 AM
its just great. i just lost another 10 units attacking a lv32 with defense of 1200...
My defense was lowered by 100. (10 units=100 def. u c, those units are not that low-class...)
if there is a hidden penalty rule when it comes to a high-lvl vs. low-lvl battle after level 50, you should proclaim it in writing...
anyway, has anyone else experienced what im through now???

zynshmily
12-19-2011, 04:40 AM
focus on the comparison plz...
when i was weaker, i lost 1 unit/20 fights.
now im stronger, i lost 1+unit/1 fight...
and opponents are basically equally powerful.
this is the predicament...

Troy125
12-19-2011, 04:43 AM
People have been complaining about this since long ago if you would look at some old threads and as i said again the unit lost is RANDOM regardless of your level or unit cost

zynshmily
12-19-2011, 04:43 AM
its no longer some general "randomly losing units possibility" crap.
Something must've changed. A major difference for lv50s maybe...

Troy125
12-19-2011, 04:45 AM
Ive been losing AT LEAST 1 (sometimes 3, 4) unit every pvp since lvl 20

zynshmily
12-19-2011, 04:48 AM
what confuses me is that i distinctively remember how seldom i lost units when i was lv49 with 600 attack. seriously, after every 3 fights, my stat would've gone up due to loots...ever since lv45 'till lv49, i actually improved my stat alot just by getting loots while not losing units at all...

zynshmily
12-19-2011, 04:53 AM
maybe ur right...thanx for the discussion anyway.
its just kinda to clam myself down after u spent 500 dollars on a stupid game...
i started playing this game 3 days ago, and im now lv50 with 10K attk/defense. i am really into this game.
so when i find out something ridiculous 'bout this game, its overwhelming...

jackodem2
12-19-2011, 05:11 AM
Hello my ID to modern war is 103747794

Troy125
12-19-2011, 05:13 AM
it is a pain if u invested that much of $
next time hold yourself on the purchase button.....

Viduus
12-19-2011, 05:38 AM
If you greatly overpower your opponents at lower levels you don't lose troops. I haven't lost one in hundreds of battles. There must be a difference at higher levels or some other small variation of the rules.

Leetfeet
12-19-2011, 06:17 AM
I noticed the difference when I added more allies and brougth more units to a fight.. When I was below 100 units I really loved the loss-to-loot ration.

Now im lolling and crying at the same time.

eb0nyknight
12-19-2011, 07:56 AM
I'm at level 12 and I have noticed that since passing level 9, I am losing one piece of equipment PER PvP. I have attacked various different defenses relative to my strength and there doesn't seem to be a correlation (as one poster said earlier, randomness). The only thing I don't understand is that it went from one piece every so often, to losing a piece almost every attack.

the only difference I see is that I exceeded, the 4 pieces of equipment per ally, when these casualties started. could it be a factor of the game "culling" out lower value equipment (in general) when you have enough or exceed the 4 per rule?

frenda
12-19-2011, 01:16 PM
ek might be on to something. i stay below my max for units per ally and usually do pretty good. i still lose units, but in the end, i come out ahead. when i held back and was trying to buy just top end units, i was getting attacked and losing regularly. now i seem to have hit my stride and am losing very few if any during the night.

Agent Orange
12-20-2011, 10:20 PM
If you greatly overpower your opponents at lower levels you don't lose troops. I haven't lost one in hundreds of battles. There must be a difference at higher levels or some other small variation of the rules.

What level are you at and how many allies do you have? I am at L 65 and I can assure you that even though I greatly over power an opponent I will loose units including many high value valor units.

I noticed a change in my loss ratio back when the game was opened up to the US. Many things suddenly changed, build times seemed to suddenly increase for example. Recently the game was modified yet again, the goals involving beating rivals have taken a big hit in terms of the amount of valor they give out, and there are a lot less challenges.

There are points at which adding allies no longer affect your attack and defense scores. At one time someone said that these numbers are not calculated in real time but I've noticed that depending on how many allies you have if you add or remove 1 your totals can go up or down. Oddly a couple of times I could have sworn that adding an ally caused my totals to go down. I've also seem my totals go down depending on what units I add, sometimes they go down even though I've added something and I believe it's mainly the low value units that make the differece as it looks like they might somehow displace or change an average value that the game is working with.

In any event being a strategy game that is modified at will by the devs without warning and this is apearantly common practce for Funziio makes for a very frustrating game since any long term strategies can be completely destroyed. Great example would be the fiasco with the stealth figates. At one point their cost was 175 valor but with the attack and defence scores that they have now. Suddenly their attack and defence values were cut in half. After many complained and some got refunds the cost suddenly was changed to 275 valor but their a and d values remained the same. Then a few days later suddenly the a and d values were bumped back up to where they were originally and what they are at now.

Agent Orange
12-20-2011, 10:23 PM
People have been complaining about this since long ago if you would look at some old threads and as i said again the unit lost is RANDOM regardless of your level or unit cost

Well if the loss of units is random then why did Funzio give them casualty ratings?

Obvously they are ignoring their own parameters in terms of how these units are programmed into the game.

ronpaul
12-20-2011, 10:46 PM
WOW! That explains so much. No wonder you guys made it to those levels so quick.

They obviously knew these idiots in US would spend hundreds of bucks regardless of any changes they make...

zynshmily
12-21-2011, 06:35 AM
@ronpaul yes yes! the world and society are progressing because of cheap "geniuses" like you. no matter which third-world country you come from, if you dig deeper, what causes your country weak is the citizens themselves. and by looking at you, it explains alot.
At least, we paid our respect to the ppl who create this game; we did what we can to keep this game running; we make proposals to make this game better regardless if they are adopted; we support this game with practical moves.
what are you capable of by the way? mock players who make contribution to the game that you are playing for free???? if u have more important things to do in life, good! quit playing games. If you are a cheap lonely provocative nerd , you might wanna think why that is...your resentment towards the rich wont get you anywhere...