PDA

View Full Version : Need Strategy suffestions

CoachPappy
12-18-2011, 03:33 PM
Started playing before I realized there was more to this game than meets the eye. I have been reading the forums but there is a lot to digest. Can someone look at my build and offer suggestions? Would really like to make more money per hour and stop all the people from raiding me.

Thanks

ID is 516 296 367
CoachPappy

Leetfeet
12-18-2011, 04:46 PM
Well.

Quite a few things you should do. You barely got any money buildings!

Not sure if you are familiar with CC economics, but Funzio split the money buildings in CC into two different categories. This is somewhat true in MW as well. Lower level buildings will provide profit much faster than what you buy later on. Why mention this? Because that fact dictate you should buy all low level buildings even if you are not online to collect them all the time.

Gonna try to keep this short.

1. Buy and upgrade all lower level money buildings. IMO get them to level 3-4 asap. Doesn't take long.
2. ALWAYS upgrade. ALWAYS expand. ALWAYS build. You barely got any base space and haven't even filled it out.
3. Your barracks is level 3. If your prio is defense then stock up on engineers right away.
4. Get a shipyard. Ships seem to have the lowest mortality rate. Very good investment. Frigates are nice at low levels.
5. When you get the income up and going try to focus a little on one type of unit building. Maybe you should go for ground units? The Military Ambulance is 18 def a piece with LOW mortality rate. Sexeh. And if def is prio later on the M270 will be faster to get.
6. You migth wanna consider the mystery point "defense". The way it works in CC, for each level you gain 1 point of defense will gradually provide more actual def when getting attacked. Everything suggests it works the same in MW.
7. Bank upgrades. Just get em. Doesn't cost much due to the heinously long upgrade times.

Oh and you migth wanna add a few more allies. That way when you invest in some good units all your current, and migth I add crap-, units will be cannon fodder for your expensive guys.

GL HF! ^.^

CoachPappy
12-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Thanks, just built a 2nd supply depot and upgraded my first one to level 4. Will build a Shipyard as soon as my expansion into the sea. Anything else other than what was listed above?

Leetfeet
12-18-2011, 05:10 PM
Other than that you should considering levelling slow. Funzio has a tendency to punish fast levelling.

You should take a look at my crib. I never lose a figth and currently have 72k/hour. Got 2k valor saved.

Edit: Yea and if you come across 50 gold drop your nation like a fat chick at a Hugh Heffner party.

CoachPappy
12-18-2011, 05:13 PM
So stop doing the missions and just upgrade/expand/build/add units for a while. Man, my base is not even close to yours but we are only 3 levels apart!

Tramp Stamp
12-18-2011, 05:16 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13937-Suggested-opening-moves-for-an-economy-base

Leetfeet
12-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Well I learned a lot from CC. And coincidentally Tramp Stamp helped me understand the game as far as Funzio allows people to comprehend it. I would listen to him.

Edit: In MW levelling doesn't give you anything other than stronger opponents and minor upgrades to economy.

CoachPappy
12-18-2011, 07:35 PM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?13937-Suggested-opening-moves-for-an-economy-base

Thanks, Been reading that, 10 pages!

Dover
12-20-2011, 09:17 AM
Are defensive buildings worth it to build def stats? I see a lot of people say not to do it in threads but then i see a bunch of def unit on peoples maps. I have been building D with a lot of troops and such but never a building. Are they to protect against raids or are the more useful?

CoachPappy
12-20-2011, 09:36 AM
I have built all but one money buildings. Still losing about half the attacks aimed at me. Been adding sea transports and engineers. Anything ales I can do?

CoachPappy
01-07-2012, 11:59 PM
Please take another look. I am making over 80k an hour now and have 1.6k in defense with over 150 transports and 50 engineers. Should I move to other units?

EnjoyLife
01-08-2012, 06:07 AM
I disagree with those that say no to defense buildings. I have 5 of every defense building available to me and have some upgraded. I'm going to upgrade some more today. My win/loss profile is 741 to 16. Even some gold buyers have problems attacking me :)

Mrs_Bombdog
01-08-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm reading the guide on the other thread (and appreciating it) but I'm wondering where the line is between "lower level money buildings" and the higher level?

Thanks,

Mrs. B

EnjoyLife
01-08-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm reading the guide on the other thread (and appreciating it) but I'm wondering where the line is between "lower level money buildings" and the higher level?

Thanks,

Mrs. B

Very good question. I don't think anyone has ever bothered to calculate it on the forums yet. Here is the spreadsheet of the Money Buildings and all the stats on them if you would like to calculate them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgEHrvnoijXudG1NaFdaQUp5QlowT0RqS1Z2bll6Z UE&hl=en_US#gid=4

Mrs_Bombdog
02-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Those are nice spreadsheets. Did you make them? I couldn't find the author on that page.

Tanner
02-04-2012, 09:03 PM
Tramp stamp made em.

JackRakan93
02-04-2012, 10:25 PM
I disagree with those that say no to defense buildings. I have 5 of every defense building available to me and have some upgraded. I'm going to upgrade some more today. My win/loss profile is 741 to 16. Even some gold buyers have problems attacking me :)

Agreed. I have 5 level 3 towers, 5 turrets, and 4 holding cells. Never lost a battle when attacked. I would build more, but no room and no buildings out of range. The only defense building I would pass on is the bunker, for its inferior range and lackluster defense. Plus, bunkers look weird when they're not on the edge of the base.

Maverick50727
02-05-2012, 10:35 AM
CoachPappy,
Use strategy my friend. Reading the forums and learning is your first step, so you are on your way. Tramp Stamp and the other Senior members who have answered already are the best.

I have never played CC. When I started I made many many bad decisions because I didn't know how the game worked too. I've turned things around quite well I think and I'm just testing/learning some things at this stage. I've learned that many of the strategies I developed to turn things around for myself match match many of the seniors. :) I wish I had come to the forum long before I reached level 50+, then I wouldn't had to reinvent the wheel when creating my strategies. I've found that there isn't a single end all strategy though, you have to find one that works best for you to meet YOUR goals in the game and YOUR playing style (# hours, attack vs raid, eco turtle, offensive, defensive,e tc) . If you don't have a goal yet, think about it. It can't be about being the absolute best and #1, I fear that will always be reserved for the high end gold players that pay for the game.

Like I said I took my lumps (probably since I didn't come in with CC experience). Due to time constraints on builds/upgrade and me being a free player for now, it will take me a few weeks to get going again (working on boost buildings), but I plan on continuing to rise through the ranks. My personal goal is to spend $0 real money and make it to the 100's level and hold my own. (or if I use $, use it for economy and bases defenses only). TIP the only constant is change (this game proves it) so be ready to adapt.

Look at this advice that I and members provided to other players in these threads. I haven't looked at your stats, so it may not pertain to you though, but should give some additional knowledge if you don't know already.
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?18888-wrong-start

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?18803-Spending-Gold