PDA

View Full Version : Can you sell or replace your inventory items?

Whoopdido1980
12-17-2011, 12:48 PM
Can you sell or replace your inventory items?

From what I understand, no matter how many mafia members you have, you can only bring 500 to a fight. Since each mafia member can equip 1 of each type of item (gun, melee, armor, explosive and vehicle), then it really doesn't make any sense to have more than 500 of any specific type of item. Let's just use vehicles as an example. Even if you have 1000 mafia members, only 500 are allowed to a fight, so even if you have 700 vehicles, only 500 of those are allowed. First of all, is that correct? Am I understanding that correctly?

If, indeed, only 500 are allowed in a fight then it seems like the longer you play the game and the more you play the "storyline" missions, the more "low end" weapons you end up getting. For example, I'm only on level 55, but I have 18 Junkers. Junkers are essentially useless compared to high level vehicles but I need them to progress through the story. Will I ever be able to get rid of those 18 Junkers? If not, those useless vehicles will just end up taking up space and I'll only have 500 available spots, so to speak. I don't want 18 of my available spots to be taken up by useless items. As another example, I have 26 pistols. They, too, are uselss and I don't want them taking up space when I could have higher level guns.

It would be one thing if you can have as many mafia members as you want, but if there really is a 500 limit for fights, then just by default 26 of my 500 members are going to show up to the fight with a pistol.

708-512-906

TenderPlacebo
12-17-2011, 01:08 PM
No, you cannot sell any inventory items,it would be nice though.
Yes,you are correct you can only use up to 500 members.
What happens is you only use your best items in a fight/ robbery. So even if you have tons of low level items the stronger ones get used before or in conjunction with low.
So say you have 500 Junkers and 2 mustangs, you would bring 498 Junkers and 2 mustangs to fight. You still have the other Junkers they just get pushed aside for the better stat items. The same applies to all other items you have in inventory. I'm pretty sure this is how it works, if I'm completely wrong Im sure someone will correct me.
Hope This helps

Whoopdido1980
12-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Oh cool. I hope you are right. That would certainly make sense. Thanks.

Syn
12-17-2011, 01:40 PM
No, you cannot sell any inventory items,it would be nice though.
Yes,you are correct you can only use up to 500 members.
What happens is you only use your best items in a fight/ robbery. So even if you have tons of low level items the stronger ones get used before or in conjunction with low.
So say you have 500 Junkers and 2 mustangs, you would bring 498 Junkers and 2 mustangs to fight. You still have the other Junkers they just get pushed aside for the better stat items. The same applies to all other items you have in inventory. I'm pretty sure this is how it works, if I'm completely wrong Im sure someone will correct me.
Hope This helps

Oh cool. I hope you are right. That would certainly make sense. Thanks.

He is correct, the code is programmed to take your best item into the situation you are in. Attacking/robbing? It will choose the best attack items. Defending? It will choose the best defense items.

Also, when you are in the fight screen, it will show you a list of items you and your rival uses. This list can be deceptive as it does not show everything you are using. Yes, organizing what you use can be frustrating. You just have to trust the code :D

Whoopdido1980
12-17-2011, 02:25 PM
Sounds good. That's what I was hoping. And just to be clear, it would be a compete waste to have 501 of any particular item, even if it is the best item in the game (whatever that might be) because only 500 can be used and the extra 1 or 10 or however many over 500 can't be used?

Syn
12-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Sounds good. That's what I was hoping. And just to be clear, it would be a compete waste to have 501 of any particular item, even if it is the best item in the game (whatever that might be) because only 500 can be used and the extra 1 or 10 or however many over 500 can't be used?

Correct :D

Whoopdido1980
12-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Got it. Thanks.