PDA

View Full Version : Slow gameplay making it boring

HGF69
12-17-2011, 08:48 AM
Is anyone else finding that once they have used all their energy it's a complete waste of time waiting for reloads?

What's the point in having it take ages between things?

Where's all the fun in that? Speed up the gameplay or your going to find people lose interest.

Give us something else to do apart from missions and neighbour raids and please please please do something about only being able to upgrade one building a a time and things taking 72 hours to take effect.

212 350 368

Hope someone is listening out there.

Agent Orange
12-17-2011, 08:52 AM
I've taken up pumpkin carving....

Alexandere
12-17-2011, 08:57 AM
Thanks for sharing,

HGF69
12-17-2011, 09:11 AM
I've taken up pumpkin carving....

I think painting bridges would be quicker, the refresh rates are killing this game and it's got so much potential.

JMC
12-17-2011, 09:14 AM
You know the whole point of games like this, arent for people to sit on them all day and play them all day. If you want to be active all the time you should go find an mmorpg or something.

HGF69
12-17-2011, 10:59 AM
You know the whole point of games like this, arent for people to sit on them all day and play them all day. If you want to be active all the time you should go find an mmorpg or something.

How wrong you are, the point of these games is to keep you hooked all day eg FarmVille. People play that 24/7 and Zynga make a fortune from them. No surprise to hear that the creator of MW is a former Zynga employee so the strategy is similar.

Garrison64
12-17-2011, 03:19 PM
How wrong you are, the point of these games is to keep you hooked all day eg FarmVille. People play that 24/7 and Zynga make a fortune from them. No surprise to hear that the creator of MW is a former Zynga employee so the strategy is similar.

Yea but this still isn't Zynga and Crime City was hardly set up for you to play all day. The best way to play CC involves a lot, and I mean a lot, of patient waiting while timers run out. If you rush though you'll only level up quickly and end up weak as hell against opponents. MW isn't any different really. If you are patient early on you can build up a formidable war machine but rushing through and playing every chance you get will only make you weaker.

This is really the main mistake I see Funzio making if they want to become another Zynga. These games aren't going to appeal to nearly as many people because there's too much down time. They also charge way too much for their cash items. $50 US for a single gun is preposterous. I don't understand how they feel that is a valid amount to ask for such things.

But these mobile games are sometimes best with some delays because you don't want to be sitting on your phone all day. You want something you can check every so often, make some progress, then get back to whatever you were doing. I have 5 or 6 games that work the same way. Between them they can keep me pretty busy if I let them.

Agent Orange
12-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Not 100% sure about not wanting people to play non stop 24/7 since some of the first money buildings we can buy pop out cash very quickly like 5 minutes and then 15 minutes. Yes as we go along things slow down and I keep hearing that that is so that folks keep playing longer but honestly I can't see that as a great strategy. If the creator of MW learned the trade at Zynga you have to wonder... granted Zynga's IPO bombed on the Nasdaq yesterday.

Danger Mouse
07-05-2014, 10:50 PM
The whole idea is to get you hooked 24/7, then so frustrated with the slow pace that you spend gold to recharge.
-
The best way to not do this is not get hooked 24/7. No energy now? Walk away and do something else for 6 hours...... Easy.

Jon_Snow
07-05-2014, 10:56 PM
Danger Mouse, this thread is 3 years old. Hitler necroed it.